• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What do we know about this Direct? Anything?

Also, I'm always interested in a SF reveal. Maybe this E3? It's only a matter of time.

splat

Smash Lord
I've seen two additional gameplay videos after it's reveal.
Here's the footage from the Japanese site I mentioned:
Yeah, I did see those videos, but I think it's kind of weird that Nintendo's bigger series gets so little attention.

I mean, there was some Kirby-related stuff in some Japanese magazines, but the rest of the world only has those three videos - that's not a very good way to hype people for an upcoming game, is it?

We got a ton of Mario 3D World information before launch, various bits of people speaking on the various Zelda games, Sakurai who gives daily updates on Smash - but Kirby 3DS does not get a single mention anywhere.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, I did see those videos, but I think it's kind of weird that Nintendo's bigger series gets so little attention.

I mean, there was some Kirby-related stuff in some Japanese magazines, but the rest of the world only has those three videos - that's not a very good way to hype people for an upcoming game, is it?

We got a ton of Mario 3D World information before launch, various bits of people speaking on the various Zelda games, Sakurai who gives daily updates on Smash - but Kirby 3DS does not get a single mention anywhere.

I agree. I love the Kirby games, and think they should be huge. They sell really big in Japan, but aren't as popular in the West because a lot consider them games for kids. Epic Yarn was actually really hard when it game to collecting enough gems, but people were weirded out by a game where you couldn't die, and assumed it was for people under 11. Kinda like The Legend of Starfy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What do we know about this Direct? Anything?
It's a multiplatform direct for titles being released up until August.

I agree. I love the Kirby games, and think they should be huge. They sell really big in Japan, but aren't as popular in the West because a lot consider them games for kids. Epic Yarn was actually really hard when it game to collecting enough gems, but people were weirded out by a game where you couldn't die, and assumed it was for people under 11. Kinda like The Legend of Starfy.
It's sad that such prejudice exists. A lot of my mates agree that Kirby is bad a** and there are some difficult parts in Kirby games (usually when you're trying to 100% the game).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just saw the name ToddCam in the viewing list. I know you're there. You're like an ancient user.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like Kirby to get a 3D platformer for once, a nice change of pace from Kirby side-scrollers. Such a game would very likely have potential to introduce some cool new gameplay elements to the Kirby franchise as well.

I have get off the Hype Train at it's nearest stop to get up early for Christmas shopping. Keep the hype going everyone.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Um... yes? Is that a problem? I love Smash, I have insomnia, and I am entertained by fellow fans.

Yes problem.

No, I just haven't seen anyone who's been around as long as you have in a while.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's a multiplatform direct for titles being released up until August.
If there's no Smash, I guess that means it'll be released sometime in 2015.

It's sad that such prejudice exists. A lot of my mates agree that Kirby is bad a** and there are some difficult parts in Kirby games (usually when you're trying to 100% the game).
Speaking of adult things and difficult parts in Kirby games:

A few days ago I decided to search up "Red Canyon rainbow drop" because getting past that upward scrolling section (the area in level 5-5 that has the doors labeled C and D) was difficult for me. (stupid Spikes on the small platforms)
Anyway, on a video of level 5-5, I saw some comments talking about block formations in the final room and "childhood ruined". I looked up a map, and well...
Subliminal naked lady. :x

----

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
There have been years at a time I haven't visited. I guess other old-timers just don't care to see what the youngins are saying.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Iwata shall say all games are planned for 2016 releases to optimize the games. All I have to say is that my body will be Reggie for that announcement.

D

Deleted member

Imagine that after all of this hype, we either get nothing or an extremely obvious veteran like Zelda?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll just have a pizza now and than I'll have to chill a bit before the Direct, because even if my expectations aren't that high this time, I still am hyped somehow. Don't know but I can't be calm if there is a Nintendo Direct with very likely some news on the topic of SSB4.

The only thing that would kill me totally would be something like: "There were rumors of Spring 2014 release for Super Smash Bros U/3DS which were wrong. Sorry for the wrong information that spread through the Internet. Now let's move on to the next title."

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I suspect Zelda to be revealed today for a reason. The photo of the day shows Link, and Peach. Link is from the Legend of Zelda, and Peach is a princess. Anyone notice?

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i can't watch the direct until i get home from school T-T
why couldn't i have been put into online school like my brother?
oh yeah, i have friends :D

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Australian Nintendo website has a rating for a game with strong horror violence, blood and gore. Any ideas what it could be?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Australian Nintendo website has a rating for a game with strong horror violence, blood and gore. Any ideas what it could be?

It's Bayonetta 2. There's horror elements to Bayonetta, as well as blood and gore. I strongly doubt it's a whole new game we've not heard rumors of.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I suspect Zelda to be revealed today for a reason. The photo of the day shows Link, and Peach. Link is from the Legend of Zelda, and Peach is a princess. Anyone notice?
Maybe they will confirm both Zelda and Palutena... Palutena could be a stand-in for Hylia, the first incarnation of Zelda... and tomorrow is Kid Icarus's 27th? anniversary.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Not counting on Super Smash Bros. information in this Direct.

In fact, I could see it being all about Cranky Kong. >.<

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.... I can't fall asleep.

Not cause of hype, but cause of a cold I have...

My throat hurts...

Anywho, let's cure that with some pure unadulterated hype!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Definitely. Maybe they'll throw in a little extra too. I like to be optimistic, but I'm excited to see her design

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Definitely. Maybe they'll throw in a little extra too. I like to be optimistic, but I'm excited to see her design
Do you think she will have her TP design again?

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I will open my legs.

Whispering "I'm ready, Nintendo." "I'm ready Sakurai"

[Laughs]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In my dreams,this horror game would have been ZombiU 2 if Ubisoft hadn't confirmed that the prototype was cancelled because of poor sales.
Is the game ZombiU good? Is there a goal... an ending...? or is it just an endless marathon of running away from zombies and killing zombies? No final bosses to end the game?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
♪ It's a hype train on a rail
Never takes a rest
Racing through the interwebs and forums
Ride for free and join the fun
If you just say "yes!" :falcon:
'Cause that's the way things happen
With Nintendo Directs! ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom