• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Iwata will announce 2014 as the Year of Yoshi, which will coincide with a Yoshi reveal. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Didn't he say that it would only continue untill February?
No he didn't:

There are some Year of Luigi activities that will continue into 2014—including some of the special products that we’ve launched (the Luigi remote and the Mario and Luigi 3DS XL)—so there will be some Luigi products to carry the Luigi banner into the next calendar year.
Nothing mentioning a specific date.

D

Deleted member

Watch them break all of our dreams and reveal something not related to Smash Bros. like at VGX.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Watch them break all of our dreams and reveal something not related to Smash Bros. like at VGX.
I seriously doubt it. Directs are Nintendo's own thing, so they would have no qualms about revealing lots of stuff for us. VGX was terrible, anyway, with Cranky and Reggie being the only notable things about it (other than it being horrible, that is). Plus, this direct is Reggie's chance to get revenge on those VGX people for being complete ***** to him. I'm sure we'll get lots of goodies.

D

Deleted member

This situation is different.
The box art for Tropical Freeze featuring Cranky Kong was leaked, Nintendo didn't acknowledge the leak, Nintendo didn't make a trailer in regards to Cranky Kong, and saying that there will be some "big" announcement at the VGX indicated to me that Cranky Kong was the big announcement. I understand the demographic of the VGX that people were expecting something else, but these were just red flags to me. Also, it's the VGX; the same award show that gave 50 Cent: Bulletproof an award and didn't nominate Super Mario Galaxy for "game of the decade".
I'm not gonna hype myself up for any potential Smash related news tomorrow to save myself from possible disappointment. However, I am happy with whatever we are going to get.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
No Smash reveal = Time to get the knife out... Someone's going to die.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hmm... my little brother turns out to be sick, and I'm not supposed to go near him to avoid catching his flu...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Obviously there will be no smash reveals tomorrow because there are no more spaces past Pit on the bottom of the website….duh

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is no reason to not at least show a returning veteran.

If Mariokart is being shown off, reveal Wario on his bike for Smash. See... there is some connection there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What games do we know will be featured?

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong TF
Kirby 3DS
Maybe Wii Sports Club (link)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just hope the hype train doesn't run into any of these...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, here's my wish list.

SSB4
X
Mario Kart 8
Kirby 3DS
New stuff. Still gunning for a KI:U sequel, but not that hopeful.

Now get out there and play The Walking Dead Season 2 already people.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just came from there! Have you played it yet?
Just got done with it. Any thoughts? Here's one of mine:

SPOILERS

GOSH DARN IT OMID!!!!

Edit: How do you put spoiler tags anyway?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Just got done with it. Any thoughts? Here's one of mine:
I'm liking it so far. Playing as Clem is certainly different, and they're doing a good job representing how it would be to be a child. There aren't a hell of a lot of games where you play as a kid with real-world attributes; usually it's a "hero of destiny" type thing like in the Zelda games, where being a kid doesn't actually matter much.

Couple questions:

What do you think happened to Christa's baby?
Who did you save at the end?

Also, did you play through all of season one and 400 Days?

Edit: How do you put spoiler tags anyway?
[ collapse ] [ /collapse ]

Without the spaces, of course.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm liking it so far. Playing as Clem is certainly different, and they're doing a good job representing how it would be to be a child. There aren't a hell of a lot of games where you play as a kid with real-world attributes; usually it's a "hero of destiny" type thing like in the Zelda games, where being a kid doesn't actually matter much.

Couple questions:

What do you think happened to Christa's baby?
Who did you save at the end?

Also, did you play through all of season one and 400 Days?

[ collapse ] [ /collapse ]

Without the spaces, of course.
Some Answers, and questions:

A: Christa's baby? Well, unfortunately I don't think it made it. :( That's all I can think of... babies are fragile things dude.

Pete.

I usually try to keep a moral side, but in that episode I felt like I had to make Clem a bit more.. defensive.

Yes, I played through it all....

How did you play Clem? Defensive, or a bit more on the nicer side?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I am expecting Iwata to come on direct and say all the games are going to be delayed to 2015. :troll:.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Some Answers, and questions:

A: Christa's baby? Well, unfortunately I don't think it made it. :( That's all I can think of... babies are fragile things dude.

Pete.

I usually try to keep a moral side, but in that episode I felt like I had to make Clem a bit more.. defensive.

Yes, I played through it all....

How did you play Clem? Defensive, or a bit more on the nicer side?
After this let's get back on topic. :p

Yeah, I think you must be right. I mean it's possible she found someone to give it to, though I don't know why she would, or even that it was kidnapped? But why would anyone steal a baby? Either way, I noticed very quickly that it was gone and no one mentioned it.

Me too. We're in the minority.

I tried to make her nice when I could. I told Rebecca off though, and other people in the new group who were mean to me--I told Carlos his daughter had to grow up, and he didn't like that at all. And when I had the chance to act like a badass after killing the zombie in the shed, I took it. (Still. Not. Bitten.) Clementine is awesome.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Looks like we might be guarenteed Smash Bros. :cool:
Iwata: Next, we have Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. Now, there have been rumors of a Spring 2014 release for the game. This was simply misinformation and we apologize for any confusion. To make up for it, Sakurai has prepared a new trailer for the game. Please take a look.

(cue kickass trailer with release date of Summer 2014 at the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom