• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo could prevent upskirt shots of Peach if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I've never seen a pic showing her undies in a video game... Where the hell are you watching this stuff!? why are you watching it!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, and I have never said that. But I think that Nintendo shouldn't flaunt Peach as they've done lately. The way they did it in Mario Kart was good enough. What's wrong with that? We are happy and the pervs don't fill the Internet with pics of Peach's flabby butt.
answer my question

What's exactly wrong with something being sexually explicit now?

...yes, and what exactly are you looking up to see Peache's underwear?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
We are happy and the pervs don't fill the Internet with pics of Peach's flabby butt.
Have you ever been on the internet? There are billions of naked pictures of Peach even without Melee or Strikers.

Believe me, they are worse then what you have probably seen.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever been on the internet? There are billions of naked pictures of Peach even without Melee or Strikers.

Believe me, they are worse then what you have probably seen.
Yeah, but I mean in-game pics now. There are pics of her flabby butt on the IGN boards, and even Nintendo themselves published upskirt pics of her when they ran that snapshot competition in Japan.

What's wrong with all of this? I just say it's better they hide it so people can't spam upskirt pics of her. Once again, it worked fine in Mario Kart. Why don't do that again?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, but I mean in-game pics now. There are pics of her flabby butt on the IGN boards, and even Nintendo themselves published upskirt pics of her when they ran that snapshot competition in Japan.

What's wrong with all of this? I just say it's better they hide it so people can't spam upskirt pics of her. Once again, it worked fine in Mario Kart. Why don't do that again?
Because you really don't have a reason why they shouldn't...

At least have a good argument if your going to bring up a point

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
I have. It was UNNECCESARY to show Peach's underwear in Melee, her thong in Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, and her flabby butt in SSX. What is Nintendo's reason for doing it? They're just trying to make her sexier. With other words, they're meeting the pervs conditions.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
and even Nintendo themselves published upskirt pics of her when they ran that snapshot competition in Japan.
Well there you have it. Even Nintendo found Peach's upskirt comical. There's a whole other side to this rather then it's "degrading" and "sexual". People find humor in it too.

If you want to take away a child's laughter, you are a monster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have. It was UNNECCESARY to show Peach's underwear in Melee, her thong in Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, and her flabby butt in SSX. What is Nintendo's reason for doing it? They're just trying to make her sexier. With other words, they're meeting the pervs conditions.
Which is bad...because? You don't really have any real reason...do you?

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
OK, so what you're saying is basically...

Give the pervs what they want, as long as we don't have to see it?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yes, like i sayd nintendo is a company, they need money, if some perv kids buy a game just because Peach is sexy then Nintendo is getting more consumers, more money. Mission Acomplished.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
The only reason that a thread like this is started is because someone feels guilty about something. If you aren't "guilty" then absolutely nothing changes for you.

She is Nintendo's character, and they can do what they want. Why is it wrong for her to be dressed that way? I hope you're not trying to sound feminist, because this is the type of logic that leads to "if I see more than an ankle, you're outta line". 'Tis a slippery slope my friend.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK, so what you're saying is basically...

Give the pervs what they want, as long as we don't have to see it?
What I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with it...Nothing near comprehendable. Worse stuff is seem on tv, on the streets, internet...

Human society is built around sexuality.

I'm assuming you only consider them perverts because they are not able to express their sexuality with a real person so they have to rely on a fantasy? ...That's not wrong, if anything it's sad...

But I fail to see what's wrong with it

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Yes, like i sayd nintendo is a company, they need money, if some perv kids buy a game just because Peach is sexy then Nintendo is getting more consumers, more money. Mission Acomplished.
OK. But let's just imagine she would look like she does in SSX in a future Smash Bros. (or maybe even as an unlockable costume in Brawl, we don't know) You would definitely see a few things durinmg normal gameplay you didn't want to see then, because of the shortness of her minidress. How is your opinion about that? Because Nintendo just seems to take this further and further, right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK. But let's just imagine she would look like she does in SSX in a future Smash Bros. (or maybe even as an unlockable costume in Brawl, we don't know) You would definitely see a few things durinmg normal gameplay you didn't want to see then, because of the shortness of her minidress. How is your opinion about that? Because Nintendo just seems to take this further and further, right?
Now answer me...My comment above yours

Shuma

Smash Hero
My opinion is that it whon't go that Far, since no nintendo game is even rated M, and my opinion about it? I don't care, seriously... i have friends that use less clothes than Peach.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
This is lunacy. Go look at Ivy from Soul Calibur then tell me there is anything wrong wth Peach and tell me that Nintendo should remodel her.

If you still think Peach has too much a$$ then I suggest a new model for Peach:

Is that showing too much?

saberhof

Smash Master
this is why many people call nintendo "kids games"

they are just trying to get into the scene...more attention from the hardcore gamers maybe...i don't know the real idea here, but this might be one.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
What I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with it...Nothing near comprehendable. Worse stuff is seem on tv, on the streets, internet...

Human society is built around sexuality.

I'm assuming you only consider them perverts because they are not able to express their sexuality with a real person so they have to rely on a fantasy? ...That's not wrong, if anything it's sad...

But I fail to see what's wrong with it
OK. I think it's wrong that Nintendo is flaunting her butt so much, though. Compare to another character like......... Lara Croft. Lara at least kept her clothes on, in contrast to Peach.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK. I think it's wrong that Nintendo is flaunting her butt so much, though. Compare to another character like......... Lara Croft. Lara at least kept her clothes on, in contrast to Peach.
Well, I fail to see what's wrong with it at all, and I have yet to hear a single reason why it's wrong other than you believe it's wrong

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Peach is a Princess. She will wear skirts. Get used to it.

Yes, they can fix it by deleting her torso, but why should they?

Link wears a skirt SHORTER then Peach's, and nobody EVER complains. They never got rid of his torso because of this, in fact you can look up it in Melee as well.

This goes the same with Zelda, except she just wears stockings. It is, however, the same build. Zelda has a butt too.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Well, I fail to see what's wrong with it at all, and I have yet to hear a single reason why it's wrong other than you believe it's wrong
I think it's wrong because Nintendo gives the pervs what they want. Where will this end? Peach fighting in her minidress, flaunting her thonged rear end every time she kicks? You laugh at that now, right? If I in 1998 said that Peach would be skiing down a snowy mountain in a mindress and thong, and that her butt would become jiggletastic, wouldn't you have just laughed me off then? See my point?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Look at my new Peach model on page 4. Maybe that's suitable enough for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's wrong because Nintendo gives the pervs what they want. Where will this end? Peach fighting in her minidress, flaunting her thonged rear end every time she kicks? You laugh at that now, right? If I in 1998 said that Peach would be skiing down a snowy mountain in a mindress and thong, and that her butt would become jiggletastic, wouldn't you have just laughed me off then? See my point?
You don't have a point other than an ignorant believe based on nothing that it is wrong...

It's not even like Peach is a real woman...then it might be a problem...Hell, peach doesn't even have anything under the apparent "Thong"...

Again, you use the word pervert...

YOu just refering to a natural instinct in the mind...males, for example, are programmed to spread their seed within a female...that literally is their entire point of existance. Unable to do that results in lowering of self esteem...literally having no point of existance...They NEED to rely on fantasies...It's psychology...

However, your example is the least of stuff...

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
You are being ignorant. These 'pervs' that you label are people too. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with expressing sexuality. It is sometimes even a form of comedy, and if you were to have a sense of humor, you would be tickled by it too, but because you don't, this thread exists.

Still, there is not one thing bad about being perverted. People are allowed to get aroused by Peach's hiney, and who are you to stop them?

(LOL I wrote this post before I read Psycho's above post. I swear I did not copy it.)

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
You don't have a point other than an ignorant believe based on nothing that it is wrong...

It's not even like Peach is a real woman...then it might be a problem...Hell, peach doesn't even have anything under the apparent "Thong"...

Again, you use the word pervert...

YOu just refering to a natural instinct in the mind...males, for example, are programmed to spread their seed within a female...that literally is their entire point of existance. Unable to do that results in lowering of self esteem...literally having no point of existance...They NEED to rely on fantasies...It's psychology...

However, your example is the least of stuff...
I think I had a good point with that 1998 comparision. It's your turn to answer to that now. This latest message from you had no real arguments. And I seriously doubt it's in human instinct to go after virtual chicks, lol!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I had a good point with that 1998 comparision. It's your turn to answer to that now. This latest message from you had no real arguments. And I seriously doubt it's in human instinct to go after virtual chicks, lol!
I already asnwered that...the inable to actually get a real woman leads to psychological problems resulting in them going after a fantasy...

...Other than that it's just a form of expressing sexuality

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
It almost sounds like you're defending perverts now. But OK, I get your message, you think it's OK that Peach is getting more sexy for each game.

Then I just wonder...... what is the limit when YOU think Nintendo has gone too far?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
It almost sounds like you're defending perverts now. But OK, I get your message, you think it's OK that Peach is getting more sexy for each game.

Then I just wonder...... what is the limit when YOU think Nintendo has gone too far?
What do you mean 'defending perverts'? What did they ever do wrong?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Oh noez, clearly, 12 year olds spam every forum with pictures of what's up Peach's skirt. To this date, I haven't seen a single picture of what you claim is everywhere. It looks lazy and glitchy if you accidently see up her skirt and you see half her torso missing, but if you see underwear, it looks normal, because thats what normal people wear.

I'd prefer a normal game to a glitchy and/or lazily made one, thank you very much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

...I'm just wondering why you have a problem with expressing of sexuality...that's all it is...which is completely natural and the basis for a majority of society...

Yes, there isn't a point in making Peach completely nude or anything...It's completely unnecessary...It wouldn't make sense in the Mario universe

But she isn't wearing any less (in fact she's wearing MORE) than a lot of females in real life

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean 'defending perverts'? What did they ever do wrong?
Oogling at a cartoon characters flabby butt. That's just wrong. I mean it's Peach, come on. She isn't supposed to be sexy, with that huge head and cartoony look.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Oogling at a cartoon characters flabby butt. That's just wrong. I mean it's Peach, come on. She isn't supposed to be sexy, with that huge head and cartoony look.
No it is not. People are allowed to act any way they would like, in fact there are many people out there who have worse fantasies.

You are still being ignorant and discriminating against normal people who live normal lives in a normal society. Just because someone believes something to be sexy, doesn't mean they should be frowned apon.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
But she isn't wearing any less (in fact she's wearing MORE) than a lot of females in real life
Real women don't go skiing like this, do they?

And I still think that pervs who oogle at cartoon characters like Peach are sad, she's a cartoon character for kids to enjoy ffs! But today she's showing off more than Lara Croft.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Real women don't go skiing like this, do they?

And I still think that pervs who oogle at cartoon characters like Peach are sad, she's a cartoon character for kids to enjoy ffs! But today she's showing off more than Lara Croft.
1) This has nothing to do with Brawl, now does it...Peach weas very modest undergarments in Smash...and even if she did wear a thing, she's not wearing a mini skirt

2) Let them if they want to...yes, it is sad...but that's all they got...If they could express their sexuality with a real female, they would instead of relying on a fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom