• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo could prevent upskirt shots of Peach if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
This might sound a bit too much, but just erase her rear end. Graphically. She's wearing a long dress, just have a pair of legs and then no butt/hips. They won't be seen anyway unless someone takes a look up her dress. Not only would Nintendo do what they can to prevent perverted pics from day one when Brawl is released, but they would also save some polygons!

I don't want to see Peach's butt again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) They shouldn't do that just because of some perverts...It's lazy...

2) Who the hell cares if some little perverted kids take pictures of a video game character

xianfeng

Smash Hero
They should defiantly do this, it's just stupid and immature when people take pictures like that like that ****tard Sybb over at Gamefaqs.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Perfect Subspace story.

Mario: Peach, quick! Primids on the horizon!
Primid: GARG!
Peach: Let's get em!
*Fight Scene*
Primid: GAAAAARG!
Mario: Good job, Peach!
Peach: Now we can relax...Mario?
Mario: Yes Peach?
Peach: Would you like some coffee...?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They should defiantly do this, it's just stupid and immature when people take pictures like that like that ****tard Sybb over at Gamefaqs.
Which is why the rest of us should be mature enough to treat that situation for what it is. It's not like she's got a full-detailed ****** under that dress; it's just panties, if anything.

If some desperate kid finds some kind of enjoyment out of taking pictures of Peach's peach, let him (or her).

It would actually be MUCH stupider to purposefully not include a part of her body just because kids can be immature. Should we be removing ZS Samus' breasts too?

I'm ashamed that this thread exists. If you don't want to see something like that (although it's far from inappropriate), then don't go to the trouble of manipulating the camera yourself. It's that easy.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I find it funny that he complains about Peach, but not Zamus, who is practically nude.......

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
But you can't do any change of this kind on Zamus, can you? And one of the reasons I brought this up is because this has already been made in earlier Mario games like Mario Kart: Double Dash!! In that game, Peach just have a pair of legs, and when the camera is up her skirt, all you see is white fluff from her dress. Nintendo could do this in Brawl, too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But you can't do any change of this kind on Zamus, can you? And one of the reasons I brought this up is because this has already been made in earlier Mario games like Mario Kart: Double Dash!! In that game, Peach just have a pair of legs, and when the camera is up her skirt, all you see is white fluff from her dress. Nintendo could do this in Brawl, too.
But WHY....Does it bother you this much...Do you purposely change the camera JUST to complain when you see it?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah... how do you know that it hasn't been done.

Also, Omg Women on my games? Heresy!.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't bother me because I don't look at it. But when you look at the Internet, you see a lot of Peach upskirt pics. That's disturbing. That, plus the fact that Nintendo are intentionally making Peach more sexy. And they get away with it!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It doesn't bother me because I don't look at it. But when you look at the Internet, you see a lot of Peach upskirt pics. That's disturbing. That, plus the fact that Nintendo are intentionally making Peach more sexy. And they get away with it!
...I don't know what YOUR looking up to see that but I never have

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You do know it's not the 1920's anymore, right?

Fanservice is HUGE in Japan. The things you describe are common in children's cartoons and games.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
But what's the point?

Again, it's not like Peach is flashing her va-jay-jay at anyone who glances at her. If you see her ***, it's covered. What's the big deal? It's no different than seeing Zamus in her skin tight uniform or Snake in his. I don't see why it would constitute complete removal of her pelvis. She deserves to have hips as much as any other character, I think.

P.S. Personally, I see nothing wrong with a little sex appeal, as long as it's not flaunted to an absurd extent. The girls deserve to have some curves. The guys are allowed to have some tone and. . . firmness? (Although, not all of them utilize this right, as we see with characters like Wario). People just generally prefer to play as good looking characters.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
But what's the point?

Again, it's not like Peach is flashing her va-jay-jay at anyone who glances at her. If you see her ***, it's covered. What's the big deal? It's no different than seeing Zamus in her skin tight uniform or Snake in his. I don't see why it would constitute complete removal of her pelvis. She deserves to have hips as much as any other character, I think.
You obviously hasn't seen Peach's thong, have you? After Melee, her underwear got smaller and smaller, untill she wore a thong in some of the sports titles. And again, it's Nintendo's intention that I'm pointing at.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You obviously hasn't seen Peach's thong, have you? After Melee, her underwear got smaller and smaller, untill she wore a thong in some of the sports titles. And again, it's Nintendo's intention that I'm pointing at.
I have indeed noticed what you're referring to. I guess my point is, she may be showing a bit more skin a bit more often nowadays, but I don't see it as being truly suggestive. Sure, Nintendo could've probably covered her up a bit more in games like Mario Strikers, but I think what she's wearing, most of the time, is perfectly appropriate anyway. Girls tend to go for the bare midriff and short shorts sometimes (not all, but some). Maybe that's just Peach's casual style. The creators could've dressed her down, but I don't think it's a big enough problem for that to be necessary.

Regardless, in Brawl, this is hardly the case. She's as classy as can be, and if she shows a bit of thong when she twirls around for a fighter stance, then so be it. Girls wear thongs. It happens. I, personally, would be much more disturbed by the lack of body parts than a little bit of cloth-covered ****.

But, I guess that just comes down to taste. Short of putting Peach in a bikini 3 sizes too small for her, I think she's fine.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The game is made in Japan...they have sexual and violence themes in kids cartoons and seel women's used panties in vending machines...

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
I have indeed noticed what you're referring to. I guess my point is, she may be showing a bit more skin a bit more often nowadays, but I don't see it as being truly suggestive. Sure, Nintendo could've probably covered her up a bit more in games like Mario Strikers, but I think what she's wearing, most of the time, is perfectly appropriate anyway. Girls tend to go for the bare midriff and short shorts sometimes (not all, but some). Maybe that's just Peach's casual style. The creators could've dressed her down, but I don't think it's a big enough problem for that to be necessary.

Regardless, in Brawl, this is hardly the case. She's as classy as can be, and if she shows a bit of thing when she twirls around for a fighter stance, then so be it. Girls wear thongs. It happens. I, personally, would be much more disturbed by the lack of body parts than a little bit of cloth-covered hip.

But, I guess that just comes down to taste. Short of putting Peach in a bikini 3 sizes too small for her, I think she's fine.
I see your points, and I understand them well. But again, game developers have 100% freedom to create whatever they want. Strikers is an interesting case. In real soccer, women are wearing just as much cloth as men. Mario and Luigi have appropriate soccer clothes in Strikers. Peach has not. You're not playing soccer in shorts that are so tight they go up your butt like Peach's do. Again, it's all by intention from Nintendo. They wanted to make her sexy in Strikers. Everyone don't think that, but that isn't the point. Nintendo's intention is the point.

I agree with you on Brawl. But it still depends on which kind off physics her dress gets and what her underwear will look like. People will definitely try to look at it. Yeah, girls wears thongs. And Peach is a girl. And indeed, Peach has been wearing thongs in some games. The interesting thing here is if Nintendo is doing this because:

A: They are following modern culture, and thongs are a part of that

B: They just put her in a thong so that her butt hangs out for pervs to see

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think they need to make

Nintendo: X-treme Beach Volley-Brawl mode

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I see your points, and I understand them well. But again, game developers have 100% freedom to create whatever they want. Strikers is an interesting case. In real soccer, women are wearing just as much cloth as men. Mario and Luigi have appropriate soccer clothes in Strikers. Peach has not. You're not playing soccer in shorts that are so tight they go up your butt like Peach's do. Again, it's all by intention from Nintendo. They wanted to make her sexy in Strikers. Everyone don't think that, but that isn't the point. Nintendo's intention is the point.
Fair enough. I suppose Peach is probably showing a little more skin for a purpose. But since Nintendo seems to be holding on to most of it's inhibitions, I'm not complaining. But I guess there is arguably a reason to.

I agree with you on Brawl. But it still depends on which kind off physics her dress gets and what her underwear will look like. People will definitely try to look at it. Yeah, girls wears thongs. And Peach is a girl. And indeed, Peach has been wearing thongs in some games. The interesting thing here is if Nintendo is doing this because:

A: They are following modern culture, and thongs are a part of that

B: They just put her in a thong so that her butt hangs out for pervs to see
Sure, but at least that requires some work. Pervs that need a shot of cheek may be able to work their way into getting it, but the rest of us don't need to be exposed to it if we don't want to. About the worst we're going to get are a few screenshots on the web. And let's be honest, there are worse things to see on the web. If Nintendo's intending to give the pervie kids what they want, then I guess you could just call that good business. Compared to a lot of other companies, they seem to be keeping things pretty clean (makers of Dead Or Alive, anyone?).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Human culture itself is almost based entirely sexual in nature

Spellman

Smash Ace
Fair enough. I suppose Peach is probably showing a little more skin for a purpose. But since Nintendo seems to be holding on to most of it's inhibitions, I'm not complaining. But I guess there is arguably a reason to.

Sure, but at least that requires some work. Pervs that need a shot of cheek may be able to work their way into getting it, but the rest of us don't need to be exposed to it if we don't want to. About the worst we're going to get are a few screenshots on the web. And let's be honest, there are worse things to see on the web. If Nintendo's intending to give the pervie kids what they want, then I guess you could just call that good business. Compared to a lot of other companies, they seem to be keeping things pretty clean (makers of Dead Or Alive, anyone?).
True 'dat. There's no comparison.

Anyways. I wouldn't call Nintendo's choices in that department offensive or demeaning, they're just getting a little more edgy. Geez, everybody wants this perfect online game with full communication with their opponents, and can't even handle underwear. Everybody wears them! 'Cept for those who like to go it commando. What people could and would say to you over a microphone or text message is a lot worse than anything Nintendo will dish out.

Anyways, the game is rated Teen.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice

Sure, I can agree with that. But how far is too far? IMO, in SSX they went too far. Peach goes skiing on snowy mountains in a minidress! With thong underwear! That's just ridicolous. But it doesn't stop there. Her butt jiggles. And it jiggles way more than it should, it looks gross. You could compare that to DOA. So the thing is that Peach has evolved so much the latest five years. What will she look like in five years from now on?

That said, the main games are still "intact". Games like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Princess Peach are just like the old days. (except that she has a butt attack in Super Princess Peach, which honestly was a little unneccesary) And I'm sure Super Mario Galaxy won''t display her as sexy either. It's the side games that are changing her. For each side game where she wears her minidress, she seems to become more and more suggsetive in different ways.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why do you care? dear god. I pray that you never play Soul Calibur IV or you would have a heart attack, seriously what's wrong with Peach wearing shorts etc, and why Peach? you don't complain at Samus being almost naked in Brawl(seriously make the Zero suit skin color and that's it...),but oh no dear god, Peach has underwear!.

And what if she's sugestive? it atracks more people and more money, nintendo is a company it doesn't live from charity you know? It's called Sex appeal, live with it, if you don't like it don't see it, you can't see at Peach's underwear unless you press start and change the angle of the camera.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
It's people like you that make me cry at night.

Why would even SUGGEST something like this? It was because of Peach's skirt that I bought Melee.

Mmmm....yes...Action Replay taking away Peach's skirt...oh those were the nights.

*Ahem* Anyways, I really don't see why you have such a problem with it. People are going to continue to be people. This is the internet, and anyone can put up whatever the hell they want. If immature little 12 year olds want to post pictures of Peach upskirt then so help me God they have the god**** right to. There are far far far far far far far worse things on the internet that you should be complaining about.

Come on...they have to put in something that will counter-balance Captain Falcon's sexyness. Even though Peach comes no where close, Nintendo is trying dammit!

Peach striptease Final Smash anyone?

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Why do you care? dear god. I pray that you never play Soul Calibur IV or you would have a heart attack, seriously what's wrong with Peach wearing shorts etc, and why Peach? you don't complain at Samus being almost naked in Brawl(seriously make the Zero suit skin color and that's it...),but oh no dear god, Peach has underwear!.

And what if she's sugestive? it atracks more people and more money, nintendo is a company it doesn't live from charity you know? It's called Sex appeal, live with it, if you don't like it don't see it, you can't see at Peach's underwear unless you press start and change the angle of the camera.
I think I well pointed out that it is Nintendo's intention I'm focusing on, not our personal opinions here weather Peach is sexy or not. Sure, I don't need to look at Peach's flabby butt in SSX. But with all the response over the Internet, what impressions do you think Nintendo takes? In the futurem as this keeps getting accepted, we might see an even more scantily clad Peach.

About Zamus, well, that's another topic. Let's not go off topic.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah welll i bet we whont see A+ rated NIntendo games so you have nothing to worry about. And i agree with the above posters, if inmature 12yo kids post pics of peach in the net, who cares?

There's far worse stuff in the internet, like 4chan.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Just because there is far worse stuff doesn't mean this is OK. Everyone always compare to the worst possible, which is wrong. And, if one doesn't care about that Peach is showing off her flabby butt in a thong, Nintendo could as well hide it, right? Or do you think Mario Kart: Double Dash!! became a bad game because they hid Peach's underwear in that game?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just because there is far worse stuff doesn't mean this is OK. Everyone always compare to the worst possible, which is wrong. And, if one doesn't care about that Peach is showing off her flabby butt in a thong, Nintendo could as well hide it, right? Or do you think Mario Kart: Double Dash!! became a bad game because they hid Peach's underwear in that game?
...ok, I have a question for you...

...Why is it wrong?

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
...ok, I have a question for you...

...Why is it wrong?
Because if everyone compares everything to DOA, games that really are sexully explicit would run free. DOA is extreme, we should compare to other, normal games instead.

Shuma

Smash Hero
And do you thing that because they're not hiding Peach's underwear that makes it a bad game?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because if everyone compares everything to DOA, games that really are sexully explicit would run free. DOA is extreme, we should compare to other, normal games instead.
What's wrong with something being sexually explicit now?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I think you're just taking this way too far. A butt is a butt. It is not a sexual organ. Yes people get off to it, but this issue is so insignificant. Again, if you do not want to see Peach's UNDERWEAR, then do not look up her skirt. They made it very long for a reason. She is a freaking princess, and I don't think she should suffer her torso because of this. I don't know why you think Nintendo is whoring out Peach because it's pretty hard to see her panties unless you purposely change the camera to see them.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
And do you thing that because they're not hiding Peach's underwear that makes it a bad game?
No, and I have never said that. But I think that Nintendo shouldn't flaunt Peach as they've done lately. The way they did it in Mario Kart was good enough. What's wrong with that? We are happy and the pervs don't fill the Internet with pics of Peach's flabby butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom