• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces the Alarmo

Alarming.jpg

Today, Nintendo revealed a new alarm clock called the Nintendo Sound Clock: Alarmo.

As you might expect, the Alarmo can play songs from Nintendo games as an alarm. However, there’s a bit more to it than just that. For starters, it has motion sensors that let it be dynamic and play noises based upon what you do. For example, if you toss and turn in bed before getting up, it can play noises from a game to match your movement. Now as for what noises it plays, you choose a scene in your game of choice for it to play from. Like, if you choose a scene in Super Mario Odyssey Mario may be collecting coins as you're moving around waking up. Secondly, the Alarmo can be set to stop the alarm when you exit your bed, instead of it making you have to hit a button. Additionally, it has hourly chimes and a “Sleepy Sounds” feature. The “Sleepy Sounds” feature basically means the Alarmo will play more soothing and relaxing noises from a game as you go to bed. As for what games it can play sounds from, the list so far is:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pikmin 4
  • Ring Fit Adventure
And there’ll be more games added to that list in the future in free updates, including Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. As for when it comes out, that’s actually a little complicated. Nintendo Switch Online members can buy them online right now on the My Nintendo Store. And, it’s currently available for everyone visiting the Nintendo New York store. As for everyone else, it’s set to launch in retailers sometime in early 2025. The Alarmo costs $99.99 USD and comes with a USB cable.

Author’s Note: I can see why some would be interested in this and some of the features are definitely cool. However, I'd probably just get annoyed with whatever tunes it plays regardless of what my thoughts on them are. Like, would I really want a song I like to play as my alarm? Feel like that'd inevitably sour my mood on any song I like. I don't think I'm alone in hating anything and everything that wakes me up in the morning. Enough about my thoughts though, what do you all think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

I think Links Awekening would be a great theme!
Firstly it gives us a theme with classic link!
Secondly The main zelda theme is great!
And Thirdly well it fits just really well!

A neat idea on paper yes, but yeah, associating my favorite games and franchises with the unpleasant feeling of being forced to wake up early for a soul sucking day of work/school... maybe not.

Oh I just read it's $100.... for an alarm clock. Yeah definitely not.

Top Bottom