• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces "3DS"

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Today, Nintendo announced the "3DS" (current codename for 3D DS). It is basically what it sounds like: A Nintendo DS that plays 3D games. It's backwards compatible with all DS games (DS, DSi, and DSiware) and the system does NOT require 3D glasses (yay!!!)

I think this will be really cool as long as it doesn't **** with my vision like 3D movies and stuff.

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2010/03/nintendo-3ds-details-emerge.html

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
vZakat's link is pretty much what I predict it'll look like. They'll use an on-board camera to determine the location of your head, and from there, they'll render a view of a space based on where your head is. It's like that head tracking video for the Wii that that guy did.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
For some reason the jump from DS to this doesn't seem as big as the jump from GBA to DS.

I was hoping Nintendo's next handheld would have 4 screens.

Top Bottom