• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest! March 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikefest
Brawl

5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX

I can house anybody. This includes if your coming on wednesday night and/or if your staying til friday.

Contact
Phone: 210 324 4295
AIM: Ax2ronsilver

Events and Fees
No venue fee
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles (this is not a serious dubs event, read the rules on it) - $5

Event Schedule
1:00 PM - Brawl Singles
Doubles will start as singles is getting deep in the bracket.

Payouts
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

Singles
Stages
Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

General Rules
3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "Off" and "None"
Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
Doubles (lol)
Stages
Starter Stages
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Distant Planet
Green Greens

Counterpick Stages
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Port Town Aero Dive
Hanenbow
Mario Circuit
Onett
Corneria
Big Blue
75m
Green Hill Zone
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Summit
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Bridge of Eldin
WarioWare Inc.
Spear Pillar
Skyworld
Temple
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mushroomy Kingdom

General Rules
Team attack is on
3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "Off" and "None"
Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Confirmed

Nike
Espy
JUJ
Greyfox
Paw
Castro
Kyro
Pyledriver
Tofer
Geoberos
Brax
Alejandroooo
ManX10
Panda
Toxik
Armon
Mikey
Zook
Soul
Ethan
Kdawg

Unconfirmed

K Prime
Pness
Morningstar
Awsm
Nidtendofreak
Zaiah

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Alright, needed to make up for lost time, I should be able to make this.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
of course im there (btw this is castros birthday)

oh and that counter list has a severe lack of pictochat

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Do it mid week! Like... I would totally come by, but after Hylian's loss and the breaking of the curse... it might not be free money for me anymore :(

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Friday before noon I might not have a car, so I might have to get a ride if that happens. If else, I hope I don't have anything planned mid-week if that happens.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
LOL @ doubles stages

I wish I could make this, but I'll be in Louisiana for spring break.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm down for this.

Beros/Tofer/Prime(?), I can give you guys rides since I'll be on that side of town, but that's completely up to you.

I'll be able to drag over wii+brawl for sure. I'll try bringing a TV.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh look, I'm online.

20th? I will have to double check my payday, but I should at least be able to go.

Oh look again. Still on Blaze. Imagine that Espy... Imagine that...

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lmfao Hylian and I watched the replays of you 3stocking me last weekend.

Okay guys. Gonna move the date so that Castro can show up. Would you rather have this on Wednesday the 17th or Thursday the 18th? Post up or text me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I say Thursday so that JUJ can make it.

Also Castro needs to step up and go on his Bday. I went to St Phillips on my Bday. 3/6 is my day of birth and I hosted that day.

No johns Castro.

Nike.

Smash Hero

Also Castro needs to step up and go on his Bday. I went to St Phillips on my Bday. 3/6 is my day of birth and I hosted that day.

No johns Castro.

Not gonna deny that Castro just got exposed.

Suspect

Smash Hero

No johns Castro.
I held my OWN tournament at MY PLACE on my bday son!

Had melee, and 2 brawl events

Castro double exposed

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
If I'm free, Thursday's good for me then.

And sure, please and thanks for the ride offer, Espy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry guys, Max10n meant to say "If you need me, I'll be heroing...by cutting others...with FF13."

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
No no no, it's ok Espy.

He can cut whatever he want in FF13. In another month I'll be cutting monsters and Dragons with my Long Sword. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In another month, I'll still be giddy watching a Zangoose follow me around Johto and Kanto.
Speaking of which, can you imagine how incredible it'd be if the Seviis were also in HGSS?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Espy, it's a given that I'm heroing. At all times.

As for HGSS, my Arcanine will be following me too. We should get them together and **** all those silly OU's out there.

Ooooh, or maybe even Luxray? The possibilities are amazing... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom