• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 353048
Kart racer 2 has a pretty great roster aside from the lack of FOP and Jimmy Neutron (though some thornberries and real monsters rep would have been cool. Jenny too) but..

One of these things is not like the others,
Well Kart racers 2 roster is bigger so there's that. I think it would be more interesting to compare if All star Brawl hit 30 characters. But looking at both games exclusive characters, I think All star Brawl had more interesting choices. Garfield, Powdered toast Man, Nigel thornberry, Oblina and April would have been cool in Kart racers 2. But if we look at the opposite, the only Kart racers 2 characters that I would personally find interesting in all star Brawl would be Arnold, Squidward, and Angelica.

D

Deleted member

Well Kart racers 2 roster is bigger so there's that. I think it would be more interesting to compare if All star Brawl hit 30 characters. But looking at both games exclusive characters, I think All star Brawl had more interesting choices. Garfield, Powdered toast Man, Nigel thornberry, Oblina and April would have been cool in Kart racers 2. But if we look at the opposite, the only Kart racers 2 characters that I would personally find interesting in all star Brawl would be Arnold, Squidward, and Angelica.
I'd be down to see what they could do with Dib, Heffer and maybe Gerald

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kinda disappointing that only 2 90s characters made the top 25, both of which aired into the 2000s. I'll have to check the full results.

EDIT: RIP Bunsen is a Beast fans
It's a raw deal when even Pig Goat Banana Cricket has more support.

If a duo happens, I'll suck it up, since it's still The Angry Beavers in a video game. Though it kind of depends on how they do it. No duo character in this game has been two separate entities like the Ice Climbers and given the game's limitations I don't see anything like that happening. So if we get the Beavers stacked on top of each other or smushed together like conjoined twins so that both of them can be grabbed at the same time, that's gonna look really stupid and limit any moveset potential.

I think this is why we most certainly won't be getting any sitcom characters, since they're so linked to the actors that play them, and those actors always wind up either mistreated or in some sort of trouble.
I think it could probably work if they linked their arms like so.

For the second point, at any rate, it's moot since Ludosity aren't really interested in getting any live action characters, with the exception being given a hard no anyways.

D

Deleted member

Never heard of Dib, but the rest of the list is solid. The Beavers at #6 is pretty surprising to see so high.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't want both Jimmy and Timmy due to how overrated their series are.
Dib is the rival character from Invader Zim

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't think it's really engine limitations as much as it is framerate issues. Even on computers that can run AAA titles at high settings, you can still get them, and if they're that much of a problem NOW, imagine 4 simultaneous Norberts and Daggetts. Or 4 simultaneous...Rudies and Snaps. Or 4 Fanboys and Chum Chums. Or 4...Nicks and Juniors.
Yeah I figured it was a combination of having Ice Climber style characters bringing a lot of lag and that fact that since everyone has a cargo grab it'd make it difficult since there's still a "Nana" left to figure out what they'd do when "Popo" gets carried off.

I'd be down to see what they could do with Dib, Heffer and maybe Gerald
That's GIR in that pic.

It's a raw deal when even Pig Goat Banana Cricket has more support.

I think it could probably work if they linked their arms like so.

For the second point, at any rate, it's moot since Ludosity aren't really interested in getting any live action characters, with the exception being given a hard no anyways.
That's sort of what I was thinking about in regards to smushing two characters together like conjoined twins. I don't think it'd work as well as people think. Ren and Stimpy made it work since Ren is small enough to ride on Stimpy's back and CatDog literally ARE conjoined twins. Squeezing two similarly sized characters like Norb and Dag or Rudy and Snap against each other so they can both be controlled simultaneously just feels like it would look ridiculous and limit what moves they could do.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I figured it was a combination of having Ice Climber style characters bringing a lot of lag and that fact that since everyone has a cargo grab it'd make it difficult since there's still a "Nana" left to figure out what they'd do when "Popo" gets carried off.

That's GIR in that pic.

That's sort of what I was thinking about in regards to smushing two characters together like conjoined twins. I don't think it'd work as well as people think. Ren and Stimpy made it work since Ren is small enough to ride on Stimpy's back and CatDog literally ARE conjoined twins. Squeezing two similarly sized characters like Norb and Dag or Rudy and Snap against each other so they can both be controlled simultaneously just feels like it would look ridiculous and limit what moves they could do.
I can see that now. I wasn't looking at other when I wrote that. I'm very tired lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, silly question, are there any people who will or have planned to pay for Jenny twice (once standalone and once via the pack)?

Let's be real here.

Ember got votes for the exact same reason Kitty did.
I won't deny that, although the hips aren't helping Miko much so far. She's got healthy competition in that department.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, silly question, are there any people who will or have planned to pay for Jenny twice (once standalone and once via the pack)?

I won't deny that, although the hips aren't helping Miko much so far. She's got healthy competition in that department.
I might buy her twice since I have the game twice (ps4 and Switch version). But I don't see the point of buying the character and later the season pass just for the sake of throwing more money.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, as far as Jimmy characters go, I'm fine with just Hugh, Jimmy and even Ultra Lord, but I don't really need any more than that.

I might buy her twice since I have the game twice (ps4 and Switch version). But I don't see the point of buying the character and later the season pass just for the sake of throwing more money.
Eh, fair point. At any rate I got her on Switch now, so I should get her on PS4 too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In regards to something other than the difficulties of making Ice Climbers-type fighters, the Beavers' results on that poll showcase a reason why I expect 2 2000's characters and 1 90's character in future three-character packs.

Rocko was demanded because Rocko's Modern Life was the biggest 90's Nicktoon not in the game, and now that Rocko has been announced, that torch has gotten passed on to The Angry Beavers. If fan demand plays a big part in DLC decisions, this means Jimmy/Timmy/Daggett is a safe bet for a second pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just happy to see them in the top 25 at all! I'm surprised they and Ember polled so well!
Me too! Having big demands get in certainly shifted support a bit.

In regards to something other than the difficulties of making Ice Climbers-type fighters, the Beavers' results on that poll showcase a reason why I expect 2 2000's characters and 1 90's character in future three-character packs.

Rocko was demanded because Rocko's Modern Life was the biggest 90's Nicktoon not in the game, and now that Rocko has been announced, that torch has gotten passed on to The Angry Beavers. If fan demand plays a big part in DLC decisions, this means Jimmy/Timmy/Daggett is a safe bet for a second pass.
Yeah, I could see Daggett get in by himself since he's the funnier of the two beavers anyways (also, another Horowitz character like Zim).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I don't think that's coming next unless it's either the very last pass or we're getting third parties, as I believe that unless we're getting 3rd parties in the game Timmy will be saved for the very end.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
When it comes to the Angry Beavers, I think one way to handle having both of them in one slot without going through the potential programming nightmare of trying to replicate the Ice Climbers is to just do like Pokemon Trainer or Pyra & Mythra; have one of the beavers out at a time, maybe with more moveset differences between the two, and then the down special can have the one switch out for the other using a cartoony fighting dust cloud or something.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
if it's who people want it's who people want shrug
Besides I think they'd both make for interesting playstyles, Ember having a guitar and Kitty having spy gadget stuff
Ember' one of my favorite Danny Phantom characters, though if TUFF Puppy was chosen I'd pick Dudley, since a goofy scrappy character like him fits a goofy platformer fighter moreso than the down to earth and serious Kitty Katswell IMO.

Meanwhile, there's no chance in hell TLH gets another rep this game (unless Nick Corporate steps in...), given the highest polling character (Luna)... didn't even make the top 100... That makes me really sad, it deserves another rep!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
When it comes to the Angry Beavers, I think one way to handle having both of them in one slot without going through the potential programming nightmare of trying to replicate the Ice Climbers is to just do like Pokemon Trainer or Pyra & Mythra; have one of the beavers out at a time, maybe with more moveset differences between the two, and then the down special can have the one switch out for the other using a cartoony fighting dust cloud or something.
Nick also isn't a big fan of the show. Mostly because of one episode which directly called out the company's business practices, causing it to never air as a result. Notably the Beavers themselves were originally planned to cameo in the Season 5 premiere of the Loud House, "Schooled", but their appearance was scrapped.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
if it's who people want it's who people want shrug
Besides I think they'd both make for interesting playstyles, Ember having a guitar and Kitty having spy gadget stuff
Not to mention that Kitty's claws are weapons, apparently.

Ember' one of my favorite Danny Phantom characters, though if TUFF Puppy was chosen I'd pick Dudley, since a goofy scrappy character like him fits a goofy platformer fighter moreso than the down to earth and serious Kitty Katswell IMO.

Meanwhile, there's no chance in hell TLH gets another rep this game (unless Nick Corporate steps in...), given the highest polling character (Luna)... didn't even make the top 100... That makes me really sad, it deserves another rep!
The voting will probably shift after Pack 2 (if we get that far). Apparently the Turtles dropped since one of the previous polls.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So QC, Where could i find the full results for the poll?
Here it is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nick also isn't a big fan of the show. Mostly because of one episode which directly called out the company's business practices, causing it to never air as a result. Notably the Beavers themselves were originally planned to cameo in the Season 5 premiere of the Loud House, "Schooled", but their appearance was scrapped.
Ah poo, I didn't consider that. Well, at least my other wants have a quasi-decent chance of making it. 🤔

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nick also isn't a big fan of the show. Mostly because of one episode which directly called out the company's business practices, causing it to never air as a result.
The Beavers may have a scrapped cameo in The Loud House but beyond that they've not been neglected in nostalgia pandering at all.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't think that's coming next unless it's either the very last pass or we're getting third parties, as I believe that unless we're getting 3rd parties in the game Timmy will be saved for the very end.
What makes you think that?
And I doubt we're getting any third parties. Frankly I'd prefer it that way.

I think if you gotta do a switch out mechanic, you might as well just give them two slots. It wouldn't feel in character for them to have the same moves and animations as each other since they're so different personality wise.
That being said, I guess if nothing else, I'd prefer this to them being stapled to each other. Then you can at least still make them fight each other.

What? Nick promotes Angry Beavers a lot. That one episode's issues not only happened years ago, but the head of Nickelodeon wished they could have aired it but the rules were set in stone already. Otherwise they reran it a lot in their 90's nostalgia blocks, include it in merchandise, and put out multiple DVD releases.

Man, I feel like I'm being annoying, but I gotta keep going to bat for my boys here!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mentioned Timmy, and Riley thinks the mere possibility of having to talk to a third-party (who was also involved in distributing MLaaTR) to get Timmy in means Timmy is the equivalent of 9000 Soras.

amageish

Smash Master
The results are interesting! Cool to see El Tigre gaining a boost now that Jenny has already made the jump from underappreciated 2000s Nick show to playable. Cool to see Ember doing well too; I continue to really hope for a character with music-based powers coming out of the current platform fighter boom...

Jennika making it in the Top 100 is also pretty impressive for a character who has never actually been on Nickelodeon! Idk if there's a lot of IDW Comics fans responding to the polls or if people are just going "Well, a turtle with Wolverine claws is pretty awesome!" and voted for her regardless of their familarity, but I'm content with that placement either way.

I do wonder how involved Nick are. They let Hugh happen
I've been wondering the same thing. We know word came down from on high to tell them to do Garfield (though that aligned with Rep's interests very well regardless), but I have no clue if that's likely to happen again - especially with the way Nick treats their new IPs being, um, not very good lol.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And I doubt we're getting any third parties. Frankly I'd prefer it that way.
Smash saved the character who had the most legal trouble (Sora) for last so I believe that NASB will follow suit.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And Nelvana isn't Disney anyway.
But it's enough of a problem that THQNordic lists FOP as "US only" on their list of Nick franchises they want to revive in game form. These licensing issues might be why FOP hasn't been seen in Nick crossover titles on consoles since 2007's Attack of the Toybots.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Their cameo was cancelled? Yet another reason why that special sucked!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Some other stuff i've noticed in the poll
-Otis is a lot higher now, meaning he's likely the next meme character
-Skipper being higher than Po? Come Ooooon, Is this because of Nick Super Brawl Nostalgia!?
-Seeing the bottom list, there are some notable highlights on the top 100 for me such as.
  • Sanjay & Craig and Robot & Monster
  • Harvey as solo & Vendetta being higher than Harvey with his friends and Charlotte, I like the latter idea for the former while Charlotte i thought it'd be funny.

Top Bottom