• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd still imagine that AT THE VERY LEAST, Rocko and either -immy will be in Season 1. Hell, I doubt they've even planned multiple seasons yet, due to Nick being so willing to easily kill anything that's not a major cash cow for them.
I don't know if they want to kill the game so soon unless they want to pull a Kart Racers 2 and release an immediate sequel, but that's unlikely as Ludosity clearly wants to support this game rather than quit this game and move on to a sequel.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know if they want to kill the game so soon unless they want to pull a Kart Racers 2 and release an immediate sequel, but that's unlikely as Ludosity clearly wants to support this game rather than quit this game and move on to a sequel.
Yeah, if this was like KR2 Garf and Shredder wouldn't even be seen until a sequel, and we'd be stuck without items (which are still being planned).

I think that we'll eventually get to see the seasonal structure, they're simply mostly focusing on QOL improvements and extra bells and whistles before that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, if this was like KR2 Garf and Shredder wouldn't even be seen until a sequel, and we'd be stuck without items (which are still being planned).

I think that we'll eventually get to see the seasonal structure, they're simply mostly focusing on QOL improvements and extra bells and whistles before that.
I can't imagine finalizing the items takes away too many resources from choosing who to make DLC and getting Nick/other license holders' approval to make it happen. The costume update had already given us their final models, including replacing the Turtle Blimp with the Krusty Krab Blimp because April already uses the former.

...while at the same time, the gnome item was seemingly left alone, so I don't think items are gonna deconfirm Squidward or Sokka, or that un-Turtling the blimp was necessary, especially when the announcer already recorded lines for the spawning of the TURTLE Blimp and not a generic one.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can't imagine finalizing the items takes away too many resources from choosing who to make DLC and getting Nick/other license holders' approval to make it happen. The costume update had already given us their final models, including replacing the Turtle Blimp with the Krusty Krab Blimp because April already uses the former.

...while at the same time, the gnome item was seemingly left alone, so I don't think items are gonna deconfirm Squidward or Sokka, or that un-Turtling the blimp was necessary, especially when the announcer already recorded lines for the spawning of the TURTLE Blimp and not a generic one.
It was a weird choice that they decided to turn the Blimp item from a TMNT item to a SBSP one, especially considering that other items that were made into character attacks remained the same.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was a weird choice that they decided to turn the Blimp item from a TMNT item to a SBSP one, especially considering that other items that were made into character attacks remained the same.
I assume that since SBSP is the most iconic and memorable of the Nick-owned series, it occasionally gets more favoritism or scrutiny, whenever applicable.

Doesn't help that Nick execs would have rather wanted the 2012 Turtles included anyhow.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Heavily considering doing a Youtube video on this but I present my Top 10 Most Wanted Fighters for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

10. Bloom (Winx Club)/Kitty Katswell (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
9. Timmy Turner (The Fairly Oddparents)
8. Miko Kubota (Glitch Techs)
7. Squidward Tortellini (SpongeBob SquarePants)
6. Vlad Plasmius (Danny Phantom)
5. Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
4. El Tigre (El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera)
3. Jenny Wakeman (My Life as a Teenage Robot)
2. Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
1. Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

I couldn't pick between which I'd rather see represented, T.U.F.F. Puppy or Winx Club, but I just kinda wanted a more obscure series to get some love, but one I specifically didn't grow up with.

D

Deleted member

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Tutrles-Shredders-Revenge-Updated-Art.jpg

Splinter is in Shredder's Revenge.

I don't want a fifth TMNT rep in NASB anytime soon but if we did got one then I'd be up for him tbh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 344859
Splinter is in Shredder's Revenge.

I don't want a fifth TMNT rep in NASB anytime soon but if we did got one then I'd be up for him tbh.
We can't even get the four turtles until further notice anyway, but personally I'm glad that he's finally been confirmed for SR after the intro clearly hinted that he'd be playable. Though it makes me wonder what they'll show for the gameplay in Fan Fest now.

Now all that's left is Casey Jones.
Also, whoever the heck would fill in the 8th position, because it'd be odd to launch the game with 7 characters if one wanted an alternative 4-player setup.
My hunch is Mondo Gecko, seeing how he randomly appeared in NASB.

(Although Irma would be funny to have)

Heavily considering doing a Youtube video on this but I present my Top 10 Most Wanted Fighters for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

10. Bloom (Winx Club)/Kitty Katswell (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
9. Timmy Turner (The Fairly Oddparents)
8. Miko Kubota (Glitch Techs)
7. Squidward Tortellini (SpongeBob SquarePants)
6. Vlad Plasmius (Danny Phantom)
5. Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
4. El Tigre (El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera)
3. Jenny Wakeman (My Life as a Teenage Robot)
2. Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
1. Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

I couldn't pick between which I'd rather see represented, T.U.F.F. Puppy or Winx Club, but I just kinda wanted a more obscure series to get some love, but one I specifically didn't grow up with.
Solid taste overall, I'd say.

D

Deleted member

We can't even get the four turtles until further notice anyway, but personally I'm glad that he's finally been confirmed for SR after the intro clearly hinted that he'd be playable. Though it makes me wonder what they'll show for the gameplay in Fan Fest now.

Also, whoever the heck would fill in the 8th position, because it'd be odd to launch the game with 7 characters if one wanted an alternative 4-player setup.
My hunch is Mondo Gecko, seeing how he randomly appeared in NASB.

(Although Irma would be funny to have)
My personal bet would be Karai or just a straight up playable Shredder

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1644617110625.png

Perhaps Jennika, the 5th turtle from the IDW comic run could make her debut? She's gained a decent amount of fans in the few years of her existence, leading to solo runs. Maybe?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 344904
Perhaps Jennika, the 5th turtle from the IDW comic run could make her debut? She's gained a decent amount of fans in the few years of her existence, leading to solo runs. Maybe?
Sounds like controversy waiting to happen.

If you're not complaining we got another TMNT rep, you're complaining they didn't add Raphael or Donatello.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 344904
They're just focusing on content from the 87 cartoon (from the era they grew up with, like Ludosity did), so that wouldn't happen regardless.

It's pretty wild to think that they've already exhausted almost every logical playable main character option for SR, so any DLC could add supporting characters like Mona Lisa and Muck Man if that becomes a thing.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The Casagrandes just got cancelled, and with it Ronnie Anne's chances of making the roster are gone.
I wouldn't rule her out completely, the show had a decent run and odds are they'll move Ronnie Anne back to TLH so she can keep making appearances.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't rule her out completely, the show had a decent run and odds are they'll move Ronnie Anne back to TLH so she can keep making appearances.
Well, without a spinoff to promote she's now back to just being an unremarkable TLH supporting character.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Well, without a spinoff to promote she's now back to just being an unremarkable TLH supporting character.
Not a fan of Ronnie Anne either. Plus if we don't get another sister we'd most likely get Clyde anyway.

Or Rusty for full-on memery! XD

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, while we're still waiting for any significant news on All-Star Brawl, I'm curious about something:

With the announcement of the Booster Course Pass, I've gotten into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and despite some frustrations with getting comboed by items, overall I've been enjoying the game, so I'm wondering: Has anyone here played Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix? And if so, would you say it's a good alternative to Mario Kart as well as a good game in general?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, while we're still waiting for any significant news on All-Star Brawl, I'm curious about something:

With the announcement of the Booster Course Pass, I've gotten into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and despite some frustrations with getting comboed by items, overall I've been enjoying the game, so I'm wondering: Has anyone here played Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix? And if so, would you say it's a good alternative to Mario Kart as well as a good game in general?
Haven't played it myself but I've heard it's good - albeit more on the casual/chaotic side, if you like deeper gameplay you may want to stick to Crash.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I tried it. It's pretty decent, actually. The gameplay is competent, the Pit Crew mechanic is surprisingly clever, and the sheer amount of Nick references is pretty impressive.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Apologies for the double-post.

I tried it. It's pretty decent, actually. The gameplay is competent, the Pit Crew mechanic is surprisingly clever, and the sheer amount of Nick references is pretty impressive.
How are the tracks? Are they generally good and fun to drive around in?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

While I wouldn't say it's as great as Mario Kart 8, it's still a pretty good kart racer. No voice acting, but the gameplay makes up for it.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
While I wouldn't say it's as great as Mario Kart 8, it's still a pretty good kart racer. No voice acting, but the gameplay makes up for it.
Honestly, that's all I'm asking: is if it's a fun kart racer in it's own right. Like with All-Star Brawl, I'm definitely not expecting it to be on the same level as its Nintendo counterpart. Also, would you say the tracks in the game are generally fun to race in? I ask because the tracks are probably my favorite aspect of Mario Kart 8.

Also, just a general question, but am I the only one who's annoyed that, while they fixed April's video-camera Special so that it no longer builds up ratings even if you're blocking, it still damages you regardless of if you're blocking or not?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
How are the tracks? Are they generally good and fun to drive around in?
They're pretty good. Not particularly memorable but fun, and again have some neat references. I haven't played through them all yet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Update on the game:

I have no clue why everyone's going doomer mode over this - literally the only bad news here is "there's a possibility of being cut off" and "a game studio is functioning the way a game studio does". Other than those it's generally good news - game development will start to be faster and the demo branch system is working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom