• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Oh, you're right...
Not really.

Luan is essentially akin to a clown/comedian, and aside from general whacky antics, I don't see how Grandma Gertie fits into the "Prankster" mold.

Plus, even if she did, we're getting three characters whose playstyles are very distinct from each other despite all of them being Firebenders. Hell, they gave Aang and Korra more moves that involved bending elements, and they still feel distinct from each other. So even if Gertie did fit the prankster mold (which even then I question why Riley thinks that), I still think they'd be able to make Luan feel distinct from her. Heck, I feel like if they went with Luna, they'd be able to make her distinct from Ember.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not really.

Luan is essentially akin to a clown/comedian, and aside from general whacky antics, I don't see how Grandma Gertie fits into the "Prankster" mold.

Plus, even if she did, we're getting three characters whose playstyles are very distinct from each other despite all of them being Firebenders. Hell, they gave Aang and Korra more moves that involved bending elements, and they still feel distinct from each other. So even if Gertie did fit the prankster mold (which even then I question why Riley thinks that), I still think they'd be able to make Luan feel distinct from her. Heck, I feel like if they went with Luna, they'd be able to make her distinct from Ember.
Pulling out random objects is not the same as pulling pranks after all. Might as well say Harley and the Joker would play the same since they're both clowns. The same can be said about Ember vs. Luna.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's a huge deal on the game on the humble store xD. And not long after it released.

Can we get the costume pack on sale plz.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I oppose the idea of adding mediocre characters from flopped shows for the sake of "representation". I'm fine with characters like Otis or the Glitch Tech girl because they're genuinely cool for their own merits. They earned their respect. I'm not a fan of Fanboy and Chum Chum as an inclusion over other potentially cool characters, they're just a meme. They are memed characters from a show so hated that Nickelodeon was ashamed.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I oppose the idea of adding mediocre characters from flopped shows for the sake of "representation". I'm fine with characters like Otis or the Glitch Tech girl because they're genuinely cool for their own merits. They earned their respect. I'm not a fan of Fanboy and Chum Chum as an inclusion over other potentially cool characters, they're just a meme. They are memed characters from a show so hated that Nickelodeon was ashamed.
I'm not gonna sit here and defend Fanboy and Chum-Chum from a quality perspective, but some people are reconsidering it's quality after all these years and saying that it wasn't as bad as people say it was.

In other news, I realized only one show in the lineup doesn't have a decoration in the campaign: Rugrats. Little weird.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
In other news, I realized only one show in the lineup doesn't have a decoration in the campaign: Rugrats. Little weird.
It’d probably have to be Reptar related anyway, seeing that’s the universe that’s been invaded, not the actual Rugrats universe.

Though the playpen or Grandpa Lou in his chair being in there would have been hilarious.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, I have an annoying bug in my version now.

So this is on the PS5 version. I tried upgrading the Rocket Science Perk to Level 3. It refuses to upgrade; just taking the slime over and over. Same with the Lucky Draw perk. I tried a run as El Tigre, got to the first boss, and after killing them, it does not continue and I have to force reboot the game; the same happens at the end of the Balloon Popping minigame. I have not tried any other fighters. Difficulty is set to "How Tough are Ya?" One extra note: I killed the boss when this issue started with a super; it was Dutchman.

I changed the difficulty, played as Azula on Master Mode; got to Pop the Balloons and after I popped the last one it stopped the timer but did not end the stage.

I started a new game. Got through the first run as normal, but once I defeated the boss, I am sent to a black screen. No victory screen, have to reboot. The campaign is entirely unplayable on my system. I pressed the input for "up special" on the black screen and heard SpongeBob's voice line for it, so presumably the stage is still loaded. In addition, the victory music and boss music are both still playing.

This issue has affected Arcade Mode, Minigames, and Boss Rush. Basically, all single player content has been rendered completely unplayable. I reported this to the Discord but have gotten no response.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Glad to know they got Clancy Brown to voice Krabs in the game. I heard that he was also in Cosmic Shake
It's weird that they got Clancy Brown back but they didn't get any of the original VAs for the Avatar cast. Grey Griffin didn't return to voice Azula despite her currently being involved with a Nickelodeon show and for the first time ever Janet Varney didn't return as the voice of Korra. Janet even returned for SMITE, and was the only original VA to come back for that game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Any word on how the game's selling? Someone in a YT comment claimed it's bombing but I kinda doubt it's doing that poorly.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Any word on how the game's selling? Someone in a YT comment claimed it's bombing but I kinda doubt it's doing that poorly.
Apparently on SteamCharts the game's peak playerbase is only 1,578 but I don't know if that's an indicator of game sales.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Apparently on SteamCharts the game's peak playerbase is only 1,578 but I don't know if that's an indicator of game sales.
Yeah, it's probably best not to use that an an indicator, this is a multiplatform game after all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's probably best not to use that an an indicator, this is a multiplatform game after all.
Although from what I've heard the past gen versions (PS4, XBOX One, and Switch) are absolute garbage so that might affect sales as well and push people towards the PC, PS5, and the Series X.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At least 552k people are aware of the game being on sale right now, but that 552k can include people who already own the game or play on consoles.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's weird that they got Clancy Brown back but they didn't get any of the original VAs for the Avatar cast. Grey Griffin didn't return to voice Azula despite her currently being involved with a Nickelodeon show and for the first time ever Janet Varney didn't return as the voice of Korra. Janet even returned for SMITE, and was the only original VA to come back for that game.

Janet Varney retired from the role citing that she wants someone of color to take over Korra. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason all the ATLA cast got replaced (Azula is voiced by an asian actress now for example)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, the 1.2 Patch is on the Switch now.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the framerate improves.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Janet Varney retired from the role citing that she wants someone of color to take over Korra. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason all the ATLA cast got replaced (Azula is voiced by an asian actress now for example)
Yeah, this is almost certainly it imo. The push for authentic and diverse casting has (thankfully) been going a lot stronger in recent years, especially from 2020 onwards, so this lines up well with that.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is almost certainly it imo. The push for authentic and diverse casting has (thankfully) been going a lot stronger in recent years, especially from 2020 onwards, so this lines up well with that.
Is Dante Basco still Zuko or has he been recasted too?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, right off the bat, I can tell that the transitions between menus/screens is a lot smoother than before, and the character models in general don't look as fuzzy as they did previously, which are definite improvements. As for the framerate during actual gameplay, I'm actually not sure; while I'm pretty sure it's not 60fps exactly, it does feeler smoother and more responsive than it was initially. Can anyone else who plays the Switch version give me a second opinion on this?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is Dante Basco still Zuko or has he been recasted too?
I don't think it's been confirmed one way or the other yet. Though honestly, I'd bank on a recast.

The only one who I think may stay is Greg Baldwin for Iroh, but only due to the very unique circumstances surrounding it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Was this posted here already?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
DrifloonEmpire shared this with me on Discord earlier today, and it looks like we’re never getting any of the missing veterans back.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
DrifloonEmpire shared this with me on Discord earlier today, and it looks like we’re never getting any of the missing veterans back.
NO THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT. It's just a...rude way to say they're not gonna have the resources for every single character people want IMO. We know Mr. "I add whoever I feel like even if they're not Nick all-stars" isn't against adding fan requests.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Good god that is not even close to what he said

He's just trolling as always. He's being kind of a **** about it but it doesn't mean veterans will never come back, can you please stop?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think riley just proved it's him

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's directed at whoever is angriest
So... Riley.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Evil Sakurai is real and he is based. Focus on making a good game and not just what people think they want to see.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What are those very unique circumstances? Greg seems like the kind of VA who'lll take any opportunity to voice Iroh again.
It's a unique set of circumstances because he's Mako's voice double. At the end of the day, Iroh basically is Mako, and with Baldwin being Mako's professional voice double, who has the approval of Mako's family as well, it's a very specific situation.

It's like, the one case where it's probably okay to move forward with a white actor voicing a character of color, because the circumstances are just that specific. If any Avatar character keeps their old voice, it's likely Iroh.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Dante Basco's situation is the most unusual one. He loves the role of Zuko but i suppose either they want to go with a younger actor or maybe nickelodeon parted ways with him?

That said, maybe he could voice Zuko here but it's unlikely given that he was replaced in NK3.

Btw, i'm impressed they even brought back most of OG voice actors for NPCs too. Although i wonder why Vlad was recasted.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dante Basco's situation is the most unusual one. He loves the role of Zuko but i suppose either they want to go with a younger actor or maybe nickelodeon parted ways with him?

That said, maybe he could voice Zuko here but it's unlikely given that he was replaced in NK3.

Btw, i'm impressed they even brought back most of OG voice actors for NPCs too. Although i wonder why Vlad was recasted.
Martin Mull (Vlad's VA) is 80 years old now. Who knows if he can even voice Vlad anymore.

Top Bottom