• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Wavedash is inactionable for the first ten frames, which is exactly the same as Melee. Probably not a coincidence.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They removed air dashing (unless you use slime) but not wavedashing.

I tried to do a few slime things in training, I think with time I can get used to some things, but I'm leaving the combo extending to later, seems a bit hard to do while in match .

I'm really liking Jenny right now, I think her and Korra will be my mains.
Azula fits my other style that's a bit more aggressive so she'll likely be a character I like a lot too. And the Beavers are really interesting and Dagg nair reminds me of pichu in melee which I liked, I'd like to get more used to their assists but it seems very complex :p. Since you can use them even while doing other moves, it really opens the doors.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Theres not a character thus far I dislike playing though I've put more time in some characters than others, right now I'm "maining" El Tigre and Ember, but Azula, Reptar, Danny, and Lucy are all really fun as well.

I'd like Gerald a lot more if his down special got a slight rework. I'd like to play more Jimmy but he feels kinda messy right now, same with Zim. Squidward is pretty fun too.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I finally had the time to sit down and play for a little while. Mostly spent that time in training mode so I can't say anything about the campaign but as far as the core game feels goes, I feel like this is a huge improvement over NASB1.

I really like slime introducing meter mechanics, but I could honestly do without the supers. Not because I dislike having super moves but because the ones we got are pretty bad.

The only passable ones are Ren, Gerald, Reptar, Zim and maybe Lucy. And even then they need some work.

Didn't jump online yet either, but from what I'm hearing/reading it's probably best to wait for next patch.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vindication at last

i still like nasb 2 please do not send a nuke to my house

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I did this for the first game, and I'm gonna do it again here. Ranking the stage music tracks in descending order - best is on the bottom, worst on top.

The Chum Bucket
Reptar's Ruins
Wild Savannah
The Flying Dutchman's Ship
Irken Armada Invasion
Royal Woods Cemetary
Western Air Temple
Clockwork's Lair
Food Dream
Loud Castle
Jimmy's Lab
Technodrome Takedown
Harmonic Convergence
Hardcore Chores
Messy Kitchen
City Aquarium
Rooftop Rumble
Angry Beaver's Dam
Pariah's Keep
Bun Wrestling Ring
Jellyfish Fields
Sewers Slam
Miracle City Volcano
Tremorton Joyride
Fire Masters Meeting

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I did this for the first game, and I'm gonna do it again here. Ranking the stage music tracks in descending order - best is on the bottom, worst on top.

The Chum Bucket
Reptar's Ruins
Wild Savannah
The Flying Dutchman's Ship
Irken Armada Invasion
Royal Woods Cemetary
Western Air Temple
Clockwork's Lair
Food Dream
Loud Castle
Jimmy's Lab
Technodrome Takedown
Harmonic Convergence
Hardcore Chores
Messy Kitchen
City Aquarium
Rooftop Rumble
Angry Beaver's Dam
Pariah's Keep
Bun Wrestling Ring
Jellyfish Fields
Sewers Slam
Miracle City Volcano
Tremorton Joyride
Fire Masters Meeting
Chum Bucket worst? For me it's easily in the top 3 best, it really nails the vibe of a vilain's lab, but keeping the silliness you would expect from a Sponegebob song.

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
Since we are on the topic of music, the campaign theme sound like something I would hear directly out of Smash or KH, with it's orchestral music and oddly serious tone (granted considering it's story is about saving different universes so it makes sense). Not a knock against the track, but just funny to think about.

Like why is there Kingdom Hearts track in my Nickelodeon game? Lol

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pardon the double post but this game may have the most unintentionally unfortunate looking visual glitch I’ve ever seen

If you just tilted it to be horizontal, it'd be canon accurate.

Anyway, I made a thing on the roster thread, wonder what you guys think
I don't think this series should ever have a roster larger than like, 45 at most, but screw it: 65 character NASB roster. Nothing with wacky legal issues like Doug, Catscratch, and FOP (otherwise I'd have Quailman, Judy Funnie, Jorgen, Cosmo & Wanda, and the Cats driving Gear. Would restrain from Dreamworks content even if they were on the table though, that should be reserved for its own game, or a full fledged Nick vs. DW rival game.) Opted to only go for one hyper-wacky pick with an unusual source material, who is placed right at the end.
  1. Garfield (Garfield)
  2. Odie
  3. Michelangelo (TMNT '87)
  4. April O'Neil
  5. Tommy Pickles (Rugrats)
  6. Reptar
  7. Cynthia
  8. Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
  9. Powdered Toast Man
  10. Haggis McHaggis
  11. Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
  12. Ed Bighead
  13. Dr. Hutchinson
  14. Oblina (Aaah! Real Monsters)
  15. Loopy (KaBlam)
  16. Helga (Hey Arnold!)
  17. Gerald
  18. Grandma Gertie
  19. Pigeon Man
  20. Angry Beavers (Angry Beavers)
  21. CatDog (CatDog)
  22. Nigel (The Wild Thornberrys)
  23. SpongeBob (SpongeBob)
  24. Patrick
  25. Sandy
  26. Plankton
  27. Squidward
  28. Mr. Krabs
  29. Flying Dutchman
  30. Larry the Lobster
  31. Reggie (Rocket Power)
  32. Zim (Invader Zim)
  33. Professor Membrane
  34. Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron)
  35. Goobot
  36. Hugh
  37. Snap (ChalkZone)
  38. Jenny (Teenage Robot)
  39. Vexus
  40. Leonardo (TMNT '03)
  41. Shredder
  42. Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
  43. Vlad Plasmius
  44. Aang (Avatar)
  45. Zuko
  46. Iroh
  47. Azula
  48. Toph
  49. El Tigre (El Tigre)
  50. Puma Loco
  51. Otis (Barnyard)
  52. Bessie (The Mighty B)
  53. Fanboy (Fanboy and Chum Chum)
  54. Rango (Rango)
  55. Rattlesnake Jake
  56. Korra (The Legend of Korra)
  57. Donatello (TMNT '12)
  58. Rocksteady
  59. Rambamboo (Breadwinners)
  60. Fee (Harvey Beaks)
  61. Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
  62. Luna Loud
  63. Rapheal (Rise of the TMNT)
  64. Parker J. Cloud (Middlemost Post)
  65. Swiper (Dora the Explorer)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you just tilted it to be horizontal, it'd be canon accurate.

Anyway, I made a thing on the roster thread, wonder what you guys think
Ayyy it's Pigeon Man. That's a fun surprise.

All in all there are some really fun additions. Shame about Ember being cut, but besides that I can't really complain.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I finished the campaign. It was a decent serviceable mode. The one thing that would help the mode a lot is more enemy variety, stickers, and different power-up characters to help with replay-ability. It kinda got tiring to see the same characters after the 4th run.

Last edited:

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
Ayyy it's Pigeon Man. That's a fun surprise.

All in all there are some really fun additions. Shame about Ember being cut, but besides that I can't really complain.
Honestly, I think both Ember and Luna can co-exist on the roster. While Ember relies on both her guitar and her ghostly powers, Luna has been seen to play multiple different instruments (drums, couple of horns here and there) to make a different moveset out of. So they can really set them apart if they wanted to

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think both Ember and Luna can co-exist on the roster. While Ember relies on both her guitar and her ghostly powers, Luna has been seen to play multiple different instruments (drums, couple of horns here and there) to make a different moveset out of. So they can really set them apart if they wanted to
Even then, we're about to have three totally unique Firebenders. I'm sure they could come up with two Guitar based movesets if they wanted to.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ember gets cut because of Tara Strong right
Every character she's ever played hasn't suddenly just been ruined by her ****ty behavior. Plenty of fantastic characters are played or voiced by awful people.

Besides, she can easily be recast. They did it with Ren, they did it with Rick and Morty, they did it with Bayonetta.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Speaking of TLH I wonder why the Loud Castle was even added to the game at all. TLH didn't get a newcomer and it even had a veteran cut so its mere existence in the game continues to baffle me.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Speaking of TLH I wonder why the Loud Castle was even added to the game at all. TLH didn't get a newcomer and it even had a veteran cut so its mere existence in the game continues to baffle me.
Probably already had it made before they realized they'd only have time to make one TLH character.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't really get the point of theorizing what characters were "almost in but cut", especially when there is literally no factual, non-pattern-based evidence for any character one way or the other
It’s just what personally makes sense to me.

Anyway, I’ve had some time with the game and I’m enjoying it! Campaign is fun but a little repetitive (and I’m really hoping the patch to let me use my presets in it comes quick). Actual battles are a lot of fun. It’s such an insane step up from the first game.

It’s also surreal after three years to finally get to play as Daggett Beaver in a platform fighter. What a journey.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It’s just what personally makes sense to me.

Anyway, I’ve had some time with the game and I’m enjoying it! Campaign is fun but a little repetitive (and I’m really hoping the patch to let me use my presets in it comes quick). Actual battles are a lot of fun. It’s such an insane step up from the first game.

It’s also surreal after three years to finally get to play as Daggett Beaver in a platform fighter. What a journey.
Especially considering that the leaker's claims of "more stages than characters" turned out to be false unless you count a generic training mode stage as part of the stage roster. We have a stage with no character (Loud Castle) and a character with no stage (Gerald). Something's up here.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Technically, there are more unique stages than characters - there's the 25 default stages sans training (since it shares a layout with FD), and then the variant stages include layouts that don't exist in the main stagelist
  1. Battlefield forms
  2. Smashville forms
  3. PS2 form Technodrome/Training (Kalos/Duck Duck Pie)
  4. FD Form Rooftop (Hazoff Smashville)
  5. Battlefield form Miracle City Volcano (PM Bowser's Castle)
That's 30 unique stages when you remove duplicate layouts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom