• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
well if it's just the frame rate should be fine
So you think there's a good chance they could fix the framerate in a future update?

So, in other things, I do like how the characters are fully animated on the select screen instead of it just being their renders, and I also like how occasionally the announcer refers to El Tigre by his actual full name; that's pretty charming!

Also, something I discovered with Gertie that should probably be fixed: whenever you manage to hit someone with her Side Special, she ends up zooming quite a distance, and it feels really easy to accidentally kill yourself.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So you think there's a good chance they could fix the framerate in a future update?

So, in other things, I do like how the characters are fully animated on the select screen instead of it just being their renders, and I also like how occasionally the announcer refers to El Tigre by his actual full name; that's pretty charming!

Also, something I discovered with Gertie that should probably be fixed: whenever you manage to hit someone with her Side Special, she ends up zooming quite a distance, and it feels really easy to accidentally kill yourself.
not quite what I meant but I wouldn’t think it’d be impossible to fix

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I managed to get my controller to work ok by using the steam input option. Now I can properly play the game.

The graphics options are definitely good and I was able to change that a bit and now it runs fine with filled levels and beavers everywhere :D.
It's good so far. Though for some reason it feels like movement is a bit blurred and I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
In my experience the PC version had some noticable blurring issues, but my main platform has been PS5 so take that with a grain of salt.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In my experience the PC version had some noticable blurring issues, but my main platform has been PS5 so take that with a grain of salt.
Do you think there's a way to fix that, either in options or a patch they'd release at some point ?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I assume they'll patch it but try joining the official Discord and reporting it in the bug reports channel.
Thanks for the hope on it, but I can't join that server because I don't have a cell phone to verify myself xD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw how the switch version is running and.. yeah it's not running the best is it xD

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Is anyone else having issues with Arcade Mode? Everytime I complete the first battle, the "Stage Complete" screen is stuck on my screen, pretty much soft-locking me and forcing me to close the game. Campaign Mode works fine, but Arcade Mode for some reason not.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I tested out my most interested characters and like the ones I thought I would, namely Korra, Azula, and the Beavers are my faves so far, but I still really like Ember and Jenny a lot. I need to test Garfield and Danny next time I play. Oh and El Tigre. Played a bit with Lucy too and she felt good enough, though not sure how I feel about her.

Is it just me or does April kinda suck? xD

Also, the blurriness for me kinda strains my eyes which sucks for playing long sessions. giving them a break for now.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
1699397709438.png

Unfortunately looks like Switch is going to be stuck at 30fps at least for the forseeable future.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To give hope for the future of the switch version, if my computer can run it decently (though lowered graphics) then the switch can too,
they just haven't optimized it, is my guess.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Contrary to what you may believe, I don't hate you, dude. We all got stuff we need to work on, but we can never grow if people aren't there to rib us from time to time.

I will not be responding from now on. I wish you the best.
Can you please stop doing this schtick where, after flaming me, you turn and go "I do this because I care xo~" and try to play armchair therapist as if you're trying to help me out of the supposed crippling psychological condition of having an unpopular opinion? It's creepy as hell and I'd much prefer if you just unapologetically wanted my head on a platter - at least getting flamed for not feeling strongly either way about some inconsequential BS like cuts is kinda funny, the tsundere **** just makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Is anyone else having issues with Arcade Mode? Everytime I complete the first battle, the "Stage Complete" screen is stuck on my screen, pretty much soft-locking me and forcing me to close the game. Campaign Mode works fine, but Arcade Mode for some reason not.
Can confirm on my copy (PS5) this is not happening so if it is an issue it's not with every version.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
you should probably play it on another platform if you don't want to play it on switch(and your post left me annoyed a little honestly)

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Can confirm on my copy (PS5) this is not happening so if it is an issue it's not with every version.
Odd, I saw someone on reddit having this issue on their Xbox Series One, so atleast I'm not the only one.

Maybe I should try reinstalling the game when I get home from work.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Played a good chunk in training mode trying half of the NASB2 characters. This game is pretty fun so far. It's incredibly polished. Azula, Rocko, and Squidward are potential mains so far, I like their playstyles.

Playing this game made me miss the stupidly insane physics of the first game, but 2's is great gameplay wise too.

Gonna play more later this week.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Can you please stop doing this schtick where, after flaming me, you turn and go "I do this because I care xo~" and try to play armchair therapist as if you're trying to help me out of the supposed crippling psychological condition of having an unpopular opinion? It's creepy as hell and I'd much prefer if you just unapologetically wanted my head on a platter - at least getting flamed for not feeling strongly either way about some inconsequential BS like cuts is kinda funny, the tsundere **** just makes me uncomfortable.
I know I said I wouldn't respond, and I intend to keep that after this but I wanted to make sure this is addressed.

I have anger issues. Issues that I'm working on, and though I stand by what I said, I can admit that the tone was being way too hard on you.

Mental health is extremely important and is something I very personally struggle with, so one of the exercises I'm taking both to be more empathetic and to try to defuse anger is to try and leave conversations on a more positive note, especially so others don't try to make some very serious mistakes as a result of my problem or so that I don't try to make those mistakes. That's why I wanted to stress that it isn't out of hatred - there are only a very few people I would say I hate.

You frustrate me to no end and make me uncomfortable as well, I'm going to be honest about that, as you remind me of some very unsavory people I used to know, but I'm not some psychopath who wants something bad to happen to you.

There may be some psychological baggage here that had me treat you unfairly, but the trolling and the snark that you so routinely use set me off. The Golden Rule does go both ways though, so I'm just as much at fault for continuing the cycle.

I do genuinely disagree with your opinions, and I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. I find the way you look at the world to be frankly silly, but that's not an excuse to antagonize you. For that I apologize.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Anybody else getting weird fan noises while playing this game on Switch?
Probably linked to the performance issues, or your Switch fans having an issue of their own. If they persist after the performance patches, I’d get that checked out.

also ngl i read that as fart noises for a sec. if that were the case i’d advise you stop playing as ren and stimpy

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, after a day of playing with All-Star Brawl 2 and a decent chunk of the newcomers, I think I've gotten used to how the game feels with the current framerate to the point that I am enjoying it, though I'm still eagerly anticipating the eventual update that fixes the performance issues.

As for said newcomers, so far, I'd say my favorites are Squidward, El Tigre, Grandma Gertie, Ember, and Daggett & Norbert.

I admit I'm struggling a bit to get the hang of Slime Canceling, but that's more of a skill issue on my part rather than an issue with the game.

I also tried out the Boss Battle mode to get a quicker opinion on the bosses, and King Jellyfish was alright, the Flying Dutchman was kind of annoying, Shredder was cool in how they incorporated his moveset from NASB1, Sartana was probably my favorite boss, and both Vlad and the final boss were kind of disappointing.

Also, is it just me, or is Reptar kind of a beast?

All in all, not bad so far, and if they can fix the performance issues, then this has a good shot of being one of my favorite Nickelodeon games.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The costumes from the Ultimate Edition are separately purchasable as a "Costume Pack". So if you don't want to shell out all the money for everything now, you don't have to.

100% How it should be. I can't stand it when games lock content away behind Ultimate Editions or pre-order bonuses.

Not everyone has the money to drop at that time or all at once.

Those kind of rewards should just be like, steelbooks, posters, figures and such, never ever in-game content since there's no reason that digital content should be subject to scarcity.

Timed exclusivity for something like a costume? Sure, but that stuff should eventually be made available for everyone playing the game. No exceptions.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The costumes from the Ultimate Edition are separately purchasable as a "Costume Pack". So if you don't want to shell out all the money for everything now, you don't have to.
You still have to pay money for it, just that you don't have to purchase a much more expensive edition. Still sucks that you can't actually get them through gameplay.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Timed exclusivity for something like a costume? Sure, but that stuff should eventually be made available for everyone playing the game. No exceptions.
Yeah I'm not crazy about Elastic Waistband Patrick being a limited time thing. I mean, I'm glad it's not a preorder bonus anymore but they only give you a week to get it.

You still have to pay money for it, just that you don't have to purchase a much more expensive edition. Still sucks that you can't actually get them through gameplay.
I know but I'm just glad I'm not missing out entirely and can go for a cheaper version of the game and still get the costumes later at my own pace. It's gift shopping season, dude.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah I'm not crazy about Elastic Waistband Patrick being a limited time thing. I mean, I'm glad it's not a preorder bonus anymore but they only give you a week to get it.

I know but I'm just glad I'm not missing out entirely and can go for a cheaper version of the game and still get the costumes later at my own pace. It's gift shopping season, dude.
That **** has always drove me nuts. I realize it's probably not the devs fault, it's either GameMill or Nick, but it's always seemed supremely scummy to lock any content to a certain time period.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, although the difference between the regular version + Costume Pack price and the Ultimate Edition's price is only about $10. Still, that's $10 that you can spend on something else.

Top Bottom