• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've given up. I no longer believe that the four currently revealed fighters are all the DLC that we're getting.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've given up. I no longer believe that the four currently revealed fighters are all the DLC that we're getting.
Surprise surprise you flip flop to the other side for the hundredth time.

You never add anything new to the conversation, all you do is come in to whine about cuts or be a contrarian to someone else's content, and when you get criticized or the popular opinion shifts, you flip flop to the other side so you can continue to start arguments.

I can't wait until you inevitably fall down the hole of "actually the game is gonna bomb and they'll cancel the DLC pass" and we can do all this over and over again, just like in the roguelike campaign mode.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Surprise surprise you flip flop to the other side for the hundredth time.

You never add anything new to the conversation, all you do is come in to whine about cuts or be a contrarian to someone else's content, and when you get criticized or the popular opinion shifts, you flip flop to the other side so you can continue to start arguments.

I can't wait until you inevitably fall down the hole of "actually the game is gonna bomb and they'll cancel the DLC pass" and we can do all this over and over again, just like in the roguelike campaign mode.
I don't think that this game's gonna flop at all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that there's a good chance that this game ends up becoming the best selling GameMill published game of all time, which is a low bar.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I surprisingly like Rocko, seems quite clean this time around and putting hazards on the stage is something I could like.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Rocko's looking good again. I barely played as him in 1 since the game kinda died after he came out, but he was pretty fun from what I remember. The jackhammer not dealing self-damage will make it a lot more reliable as a tool for controlling space, and the Suck-O-Matic getting upgraded from an item to a move is pretty cool. Another case of a DLC character getting very few changes aside from a new Side Special, and for Rocko, I couldn't be happier.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, not a lot to say on Rocko. He looks more-or-less the same as he did in NASB1, just with a few added tweaks like the jackhammer apparently not damaging you along with the opponent anymore and the Suck-O-Matic going from a Strong Dash to a Side Special now. Now I'm just hoping that his Aerial Light Up with the boxing glove is still a reliable kill move; that was pretty satisfying in the first game.

Also, I think it's really cool they got Choctopus to narrate; he's one of my favorite Youtubers currently!

Also also, place your bets now: who's going to be the final showcase, Zim or Korra?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Also also, place your bets now: who's going to be the final showcase, Zim or Korra?
My money's on Korra. She seems to have been the last character the team finished given she had unfinished visual effects as recently as the leaked tester build. That said, it would be very funny if they saved Zim for last again.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Surprised no one's pointed it out but Ember seems to have a red alt in the Rocko spotlight. That would give her 5 unique alts and it's not attached to pre-orders or anything.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 2.00.37 PM.png

I'm curious about what's going on here.

Edit:
Disregard this, it's a replacement for an old alt that was indistinguishable from her defualt outfit.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Surprised no one's pointed it out but Ember seems to have a red alt in the Rocko spotlight. That would give her 5 unique alts and it's not attached to pre-orders or anything.

View attachment 380035

A tester on Discord confirms this replaces the blue alt seen from Ember's showcase.

1698871161521.png

So sadly not a 5th costume, but it at least stands out more than her blue one did.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 380035

forgive me for saying — but it might be miracle city volcano’s lighting on her purple suit? i could absolutely be wrong but that seems befitting to how the lighting engine has operated thus far

edit: ah my mistake , quite the opposite!

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If we get a veteran pass for DLC (not sure how likely it is that a whole pass would be dedicated to veterans, but I figure we're going to get some back given the outcry against the number of cuts) with four characters in it, who would you want to see?

Off the top of my head, the ones that I'd like to see are Toph, Hugh, Leonardo, and Michelangelo, but I don't know if people would have issues with there being six TMNT characters (the four turtles, April, and Rocksteady) or a third Avatar DLC character - I feel like the reaction would be like Fire Emblem in Smash all over again.

(Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Ah! Real Monsters, so I'm not sure if Oblina's particularly noteworthy, and I didn't play the first game, so I'm not sure if it was easy to tell which character was being used as the "main" one for CatDog - I'm not sure if Angry Beavers were included because they fill a similar purpose (a duo fighter that switches who's in charge) while being much easier to tell apart in the middle of the action)
Considering I want the DLC to sell while also making the most amount of people happy and filling out the roster in an ideal way, Sandy Toph CatDog Oblina is what I’d take, anything else I’d have my gripes with

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Considering I want the DLC to sell while also making the most amount of people happy and filling out the roster in an ideal way, Sandy Toph CatDog Oblina is what I’d take, anything else I’d have my gripes with
I kinda don't want Sandy and Toph at this point as that would just overrepresent SpongeBob and Avatar compared to the rest of the franchises. The two of them already have five reps with TMNT having four and every other series only having one or two reps. Right now 14 out of the 29 playable characters are from either SpongeBob, Avatar, or TMNT, which is almost half of the roster coming from just three shows. In fact this reminds me a lot of Melee's roster where in that game 14 out of 26 characters there (which is more than half) came from just Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If we get a veteran pass for DLC (not sure how likely it is that a whole pass would be dedicated to veterans, but I figure we're going to get some back given the outcry against the number of cuts) with four characters in it, who would you want to see?

Off the top of my head, the ones that I'd like to see are Toph, Hugh, Leonardo, and Michelangelo, but I don't know if people would have issues with there being six TMNT characters (the four turtles, April, and Rocksteady) or a third Avatar DLC character - I feel like the reaction would be like Fire Emblem in Smash all over again.

(Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Ah! Real Monsters, so I'm not sure if Oblina's particularly noteworthy, and I didn't play the first game, so I'm not sure if it was easy to tell which character was being used as the "main" one for CatDog - I'm not sure if Angry Beavers were included because they fill a similar purpose (a duo fighter that switches who's in charge) while being much easier to tell apart in the middle of the action)
Personally? If they did 4... as much as I want the Turtles to be complete, I'd do CatDog, Toph, Oblina, and Powdered Toast Man.

A third pass? Leonardo, Michelangelo, Hugh, and Sandy.

At that point, we'd only be missing Lincoln, who I don't care about, Shredder, who while cool I don't need to see 7 turtles characters, and Helga, which I just think would be bloating for Hey Arnold if we don't do an EiH. That would also conveniently put TMNT, Avatar, and SpongeBob at 6 characters each... perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It's a really tough call trying to decide which veterans should get priority knowing that we're likely to only get a couple back. Despite TMNT, ATTLA, and SpongeBob already having the most characters though I do think the other turtles, Toph, and Sandy should be towards the top of that list.

If we go the optimistic route and say we get at least half, rounded up to 6 since there are 11 cuts, I think this would be a decent line up:

Leo, Mikey, Toph, Sandy, Oblina, and Hugh or Catdog.

Hugh got in the first game off the campaigning of the fanbase so bringing him back into the fold makes sense. Alternatively, I think adding the 2 cut franchises is also important, but I chose to prioritize Oblina over Catdog in the event that Catdog proves troublesome to develop. Not that I don't think revising Catdog for the new game isn't doable, but I could see the devs prioritizing other characters who they'll have an easier time with for the sake of maximizing output/avoiding delays. If they can manage however, I'd put Catdog before Hugh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Without a doubt, if I had to pick four for a Veteran DLC Pass, I'd go with the following:

Sandy, Helga, Hugh, CatDog

Two characters who have tangible evidence that they were intended to come back, plus two other fan favorites, one from Nick's biggest series and one from a franchise that was left on the cutting room floor this go around.

Toph would've been my fifth, but alas.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I wouldn't like the prospect of an entire veteran pass and would prefer veterans to be mixed in with new characters over time, but if we're getting a four-character pass of just oldies, my picks would easily be Oblina, CatDog, Hugh, and Powdered Toast Man. The former lost us two entire series in this game, and the latter seem to have been planned at least for a while and were very popular picks the first time. If we get any more, though, Sandy and Toph do deserve to come back as well. I'm wholeheartedly neutral on the whole Turtles thing.
I kinda don't want Sandy and Toph at this point as that would just overrepresent SpongeBob and Avatar compared to the rest of the franchises. The two of them already have five reps with TMNT having four and every other series only having one or two reps. Right now 14 out of the 29 playable characters are from either SpongeBob, Avatar, or TMNT, which is almost half of the roster coming from just three shows. In fact this reminds me a lot of Melee's roster where in that game 14 out of 26 characters there (which is more than half) came from just Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.
I mean... I don't really see the problem with those particular series having the most representation. I personally agree we're probably good to let some other series take the wheel for now, but considering TMNT and Avatar have the most battle-ready casts of any Nick IP (El Tigre and MLAATR are close, but not as popular) and SpongeBob's the uncontested face of the network, it's hard for me to cry sour grapes even if I don't care for two of those three much.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

1. Sandy
  2. Lincoln
  3. CatDog
  4. Toph

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
If it were up to me the two turtles honestly is the biggest thing that makes it feel incomplete so I’d go them then catdog. After that I mean oblinia or Lincoln would make sense over characters like hugh,Sandy,ptm or Toph (would have said her before the first pass) so I think out of those two I’d have it be Leo,Mikey,Catdog and Lincoln

migel890

Smash Rookie
Honestly, not a lot to say on Rocko. He looks more-or-less the same as he did in NASB1, just with a few added tweaks like the jackhammer apparently not damaging you along with the opponent anymore and the Suck-O-Matic going from a Strong Dash to a Side Special now. Now I'm just hoping that his Aerial Light Up with the boxing glove is still a reliable kill move; that was pretty satisfying in the first game.

Also, I think it's really cool they got Choctopus to narrate; he's one of my favorite Youtubers currently!

As for the final hero, I think Zim has a better chance.
Of course, these are just assumptions.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Wow they really changed Zim a lot, and for the better. He looks so much more fun this time.

So last one is Korra. Hopefully she have a lot of changes too because she was the one character imo that needed the most changes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You've probably surmised as much from the showcase but Zim is possibly the most complex character in the game to get good with since Gir plays such a pivotal role in thr playstyle.

By comparison, Jimmy can get away with not using Goddard (arguably I'd say Goddard is a bit of a hindrance because he's extremely slow to control.) and the Beavers being able to tag in and out means you don't have to worry about them getting caught alone and KO'd.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Zim seems crazy good.
I'm surprised by how much I like his gameplay style, and while a lot of the characters turned out more fun-seeming to me than I expected, I mean I could see me playing quite a bit with him for fun and then I guess could become a pocket.

I can't help but wonder how annoying it'll be to fight zim too though xD, with all those tools

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Dang, ZIM looks complicated. The slow explosion move made me laugh though, that’s a great episode. GIR looks cool but man I’ve never been good at puppet fighters. I’ll give them a try anyway since these are my favorite Nick characters.

So… ZIM’s human disguise still summons robot GIR. What was that Dog GIR model PapaGenos saw for then?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
As for Korra, even if she's not one of my favorite characters from a character perspective they upgraded her quite a bit, the bending isn't surface level anymore.

Her neutral special summons water which she freezes on the ground creating a hazard, her up special is different based on being on the air or the ground using airbending or earthbending respectively, one of her strongs is an Earthbending projectile, and her jab is a four hit with her using all four elements. Her side special uses firebending to blast through the sky, meaning that despite being a bit heavier of a fighter she has a pretty solid recovery.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, Zim's looking pretty cool here!

I'll admit, when I saw GIR being used in that video of Zim fighting, I got concerned that all he would do when summoned is just run into people, but no, he's quite a bit more complicated than that, and like in the first game, seems to be the big defining tool of Zim's moveset. I like how different he is though, being able to run, jump, use a charged Strong attack, and even use ZIm's new Neutral Special; I think it makes him feel a bit more versatile compared to NASB1. Also, looking at the showcase again, it definitely gives off some big Rosalina & Luma vibes, and while I'm not the best at those two, I do still enjoy playing with them a lot, so this'll be interesting.

I also like his new Down Special; it seems like it'll be good for set-ups and is also pretty funny in general.

Also, I noticed that one of Zim's ground attacks involves him spraying the opponent with the cleaning spray from the germs episode; that's a nice callback that wasn't in the first game.

Overall, I'm really liking the updates they did to Zim; they made GIR different from both his NASB1 version and Godard, while still keeping him as the versatile tool he was back then, and Zim's other tools seem useful as well.

So, all that's left (at least with the base roster) is Korra, so the question remains: will her showcase be tomorrow or the day before the game launches?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dang, ZIM looks complicated. The slow explosion move made me laugh though, that’s a great episode. GIR looks cool but man I’ve never been good at puppet fighters. I’ll give them a try anyway since these are my favorite Nick characters.

So… ZIM’s human disguise still summons robot GIR. What was that Dog GIR model PapaGenos saw for then?
Either it was purely meant for Story Mode or they actually planned on having GIR be his own separate fighter before scrapping that and keeping him in Zim's moveset, with Dog GIR being one of his planned alts.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As for Korra, even if she's not one of my favorite characters from a character perspective they upgraded her quite a bit, the bending isn't surface level anymore.

Her neutral special summons water which she freezes on the ground creating a hazard, her up special is different based on being on the air or the ground using airbending or earthbending respectively, one of her strongs is an Earthbending projectile, and her jab is a four hit with her using all four elements. Her side special uses firebending to blast through the sky, meaning that despite being a bit heavier of a fighter she has a pretty solid recovery.
She has a regular water projectile so it's possible that neutral special isn't the one that goes to the ground, maybe unless you angle it down. I'm only guessing based on what I saw though, not reports of how she plays.
And I still wonder which button is her metal whip

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
She has a regular water projectile so it's possible that neutral special isn't the one that goes to the ground, maybe unless you angle it down. I'm only guessing based on what I saw though, not reports of how she plays.
And I still wonder which button is her metal whip
Its possible the water projectile might be different in the air, I'll look into it later, but the neutral special is the freeze. The metal whip is her down special.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Either it was purely meant for Story Mode or they actually planned on having GIR be his own separate fighter before scrapping that and keeping him in Zim's moveset, with Dog GIR being one of his planned alts.
As much as I want playable GIR I don’t think that’s the case, since GIR is pretty ingrained into ZIM’s playstyle. Maybe it’s early footage and they switched the models out on a later build or something?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah Zim looks crazy, definitely a huge glow up moveset wise. GIR felt pretty half baked in the first game so I'm glad to see him get expanded on this time around. Probably not a character I'll play a bunch but I'm curious to see what other people do with him (the Zim vs Jimmy MU will probably be insane to watch lol).

Also, I like how his up strong (?) is basically just Project M Ivysaur's Solarbeam lol. Nice to see that move come back in some way.

Top Bottom