• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I guess it would've instead been more appropriate to ask where do you guys think they'll gravitate to? My money would probably be on Brawlhalla
I imagine a lot of the devoted MVS fans would keep playing the game through Parsec, since they can still play locally when the game is offline. Either way, Brawlhalla is probably the best guess with their similar play-feels, large crossover rosters, and casual-based gimmicks.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'd personally rather it be characters that don't have any sort of shot at playability. That way they still have a fun way to participate in the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't really think a roster like this should be designed with a mentality where "don't have any shot at playability" is even a considerable thought.
At the same time, the game's "unusual" picks outside of Hugh aren't even that unusual in hindsight. The characters Ludosity confirmed they had to fight to include are ones Nick uses as part of 90's nostalgia pandering and one that seemingly got into Kart Racers 2 without any problems, and the two TMNT characters they went with instead of completing the four Turtles are still main characters. Hell I doubt anyone would even consider Helga or Reptar a weirdo if we had Arnold and a baby on the roster.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's my ideas for what Assists I want to see:

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: They'll run to the nearest opponent and beat them up, complete with cartoony fight cloud.
Dirty Bubble: He works like the Boss Galaga item from Smash, in that he will hover over to the nearest opponent, envelop them in his body, and carry them up to the top blast zone. However, pressing any of the attack buttons will pop him and free you.
The Flying Dutchman: The Flying Dutchman will fly around the stage and attack fighters with his ghostly sword and his other ghost abilities. He cannot be summoned on the Flying Dutchman's Ship stage.
Casey Jones: Casey will give fighters a smack with his hockey stick.
Sokka: Sokka will throw his trusty boomerang and damage anyone in its path before it returns to him.
Tenzin: Tenzin will summon massive blasts of air to knock opponents off the stage.
Lily Loud: Lily will soil her diaper and create a cloud of toxic gas surrounding her that hurts any fighter inside, except for the fighter who originally summoned her. She cannot be summoned on the Loud House stage.
Phil and Lil: Phil and Lil will toss mudpies at opponents and whack them with a toy shovel.
Dil: Dil will cry and whack nearby opponents with his rattle.
Pookie: She will use her karate skills to attack her opponents.
Eugene: Eugene will toss baseballs at his opponents. The baseballs can be reflected back at Eugene however. He cannot be summoned on the Traffic Jam stage.
Professor Membrane: Professor Membrane will fire electrified blasts from his metallic hands.
Jack Fenton: Jack will suck opponents into his Fenton Thermos and then release them for high damage and knockback.
Ember McClain: Ember will jam out on her guitar, with the shockwaves damaging nearby fighters.
Donnie Thornberry: Donnie will embrace his wild side and jump on the nearest opponent, beating them up in the process. Using a grab will throw Donnie off. He cannot be summoned on the Wild Waterfall stage.
Sheldon: Sheldon will operate a remote controlled robot to attack the opponents.
Tuck: Tuck will fly around on a jetpack, grabbing the first fighter in his path (aside from the fighter who summoned him) and carry them into the opposite blast zone for a KO. He cannot be summoned on the Tremorton Joyride stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
At the same time, the game's "unusual" picks outside of Hugh aren't even that unusual in hindsight. The characters Ludosity confirmed they had to fight to include are ones Nick uses as part of 90's nostalgia pandering and one that seemingly got into Kart Racers 2 without any problems, and the two TMNT characters they went with instead of completing the four Turtles are still main characters. Hell I doubt anyone would even consider Helga or Reptar a weirdo if we had Arnold and a baby on the roster.
I thought we came to the conclusion the only reason they would’ve been hesitant to add Lucy was because of her age (granted it could’ve also just been them preferring some other LH character but)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I thought we came to the conclusion the only reason they would’ve been hesitant to add Lucy was because of her age (granted it could’ve also just been them preferring some other LH character but)
However they added Helga who is only one year older than Lucy at 9 years old.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know why everyone takes "Lucy's inclusion was hard because she was 8" to be a hard fact - I can imagine a lot of reasons
  1. Nick either not believing Lucy to have potential abilities, or worrying the abilities Ludosity/Fair Play could create for her could be too absurd or off-brand.
  2. Nick not wanting to have more than 1 TLH character in a game with primarily retro characters
  3. Nick favouring another TLH character like Ronnie Ann or Clyde
  4. Nick fearing that Lucy would get a disproportionate amount of representation in crossover games compared to the other sisters between this and NKR2
  5. Nick not wanting one of the faces of a silly show in a crossover to be a gloomy character
None of these are facts either, just examples of potential situations that could've been disadvantageous to Lucy

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know why everyone takes "Lucy's inclusion was hard because she was 8" to be a hard fact - I can imagine a lot of reasons
  1. Nick either not believing Lucy to have potential abilities, or worrying the abilities Ludosity/Fair Play could create for her could be too absurd or off-brand.
  2. Nick not wanting to have more than 1 TLH character in a game with primarily retro characters
  3. Nick favouring another TLH character like Ronnie Ann or Clyde
  4. Nick fearing that Lucy would get a disproportionate amount of representation in crossover games compared to the other sisters between this and NKR2
  5. Nick not wanting one of the faces of a silly show in a crossover to be a gloomy character
My personal prediction for the reason why they had to fight for Lucy is #3 on this list. I believe that Nick wanted someone else to be the TLH rep instead of Lucy. Although #4 and #5 could also factor into this as well.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Nick favouring another TLH character like Ronnie Ann or Clyde
This is why I think so many people are sleeping on Clyde. If Nick mandates any characters for a sequel you bet he'll be one of them.

Also, if anyone's interested, Rate Their Chances is still ongoing, so go ahead and join us if you're interested! We need the activity! xD

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This is why I think so many people are sleeping on Clyde. If Nick mandates any characters for a sequel you bet he'll be one of them.

Also, if anyone's interested, Rate Their Chances is still ongoing, so go ahead and join us if you're interested! We need the activity! xD
Clyde seems like such a dull choice compared to the other Loud sisters, though. We have all these characters with gimmicks that could lend themselves to unique movesets, so “the main character’s best friend” would feel underwhelming by comparison.
Granted I haven’t watched TLH in years so for all I know they have Clyde a complex multifaceted personality. I dunno he just seems like he’d not offer much that other characters couldn’t already.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Clyde seems like such a dull choice compared to the other Loud sisters, though. We have all these characters with gimmicks that could lend themselves to unique movesets, so “the main character’s best friend” would feel underwhelming by comparison.
Granted I haven’t watched TLH in years so for all I know they have Clyde a complex multifaceted personality. I dunno he just seems like he’d not offer much that other characters couldn’t already.
And it would just leave TLH's representation a bit bland. While series like TMNT got to get more unique and interesting characters TLH is stuck with the same three characters it had in the Kart Racers series.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
And it would just leave TLH's representation a bit bland. While series like TMNT got to get more unique and interesting characters TLH is stuck with the same three characters it had in the Kart Racers series.
You've watched the show, you should know that there's plenty of stuff Clyde CAN do, along with plenty of things he and Lincoln share that Linc himself didn't cover. Sure, he's not as marketable as someone like Luan, or wouldn't be quite as exciting, but his moveset wouldn't be boring by any means.

Either way, the point wasn't Clyde's marketability or moveset potential, it was his liklihood as a potential Nick-pushed sequel base roster pick that people don't really think about.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You've watched the show, you should know that there's plenty of stuff Clyde CAN do, along with plenty of things he and Lincoln share that Linc himself didn't cover. Sure, he's not as marketable as someone like Luan, or wouldn't be quite as exciting, but his moveset wouldn't be boring by any means.

Either way, the point wasn't Clyde's marketability or moveset potential, it was his liklihood as a potential Nick-pushed sequel base roster pick that people don't really think about.
I'm not expecting Nick to force any characters on the devs. They've mostly left Ludosity alone when it comes to picking the roster. I would maybe see it happen if they instead handed development off to Bamtang (who developed the Kart Racers games) who are a far less independently minded developer.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
To commemorate my Youtube channel getting 400 subscribers recently, I decided to use AI voices to have Spongebob, Danny and Zim rank all the Nicktoons video games, had a lot of fun cramming as many references as possible and figured you guys would enjoy it too

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To commemorate my Youtube channel getting 400 subscribers recently, I decided to use AI voices to have Spongebob, Danny and Zim rank all the Nicktoons video games, had a lot of fun cramming as many references as possible and figured you guys would enjoy it too

I can already tell Richard Horvitz doesn't need to worry about AI replacing him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bleh, AI voice generation is awful.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
and just to clarify, I didn't use AI to generate a script, the video is entirely wrote by me, the only AI part here is the voices themselves

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I watched Glitch Techs recently.
  • Yeah, this is extremely well-suited to having an NASB character. Plenty of interesting material for movesets, and characters that are literally designed to fit in a video game context.
  • The show is pretty solid. The humor slants a little too childish and overwrought for my taste at times, but the characters are charming and the animation and fight choreography are very good.
  • It is kinda funny how structurally and conceptually derivative the show is of Danny Phantom when you get down to it. However, I thinking centering around a monster hunting organization with established rules, history, and internal politics is a lot more interesting than Danny Phantoms "lone wolf" monster hunter set-up, so it has that going for it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
New, nearly 2 hour long, Nick Knacks. Dunno if anyone else here watches these, but they're pretty cool Defunctland-style video essays/documentaries on every single show Nickelodeon has aired, whether original or syndicated - their history, their production, their context, the good, the bad, what they represent to the Nickelodeon brand as a whole, so on. They haven't gotten to the Nicktoons yet though.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
New, nearly 2 hour long, Nick Knacks. Dunno if anyone else here watches these, but they're pretty cool Defunctland-style video essays/documentaries on every single show Nickelodeon has aired, whether original or syndicated - their history, their production, their context, the good, the bad, what they represent to the Nickelodeon brand as a whole, so on. They haven't gotten to the Nicktoons yet though.
They’re on part 94 and they haven’t gotten to the Nicktoons yet??

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
They’re on part 94 and they haven’t gotten to the Nicktoons yet??
Yeah, they'll be getting to them pretty soon I believe. Mostly imported anime and documentary shows so far, along with some smaller videos covering single episodes of later shows - the pre-splat shows and history as a whole are a lot more interesting than you'd think.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Any guess on when we'll see the NASB 2 trailer/listings? All the Nick Karts were announced in either September or October, but NASB 1 was announced in July, the Universe Pass was May, and we have a potential teaser going into June - from what I can tell, GameMill only has 2 other franchises: Street Outlaws (does not follow a similar pattern, first game announced in October and second announced in July) and Cobra Kai (which does follow a sort of pattern, first announced in August, second announced in September)

Honestly, these patterns likely don't mean much, but still. I'm getting a little impatient.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can't see it in the upcoming PlayStation event (I think they're going for "bigger" games there) but the Summer of Gaming event feels like the right level.
Looked up the partner list, none of the companies associated with NASB (or current Nick games in general, just in the extremely rare chance there's a publisher switch) are listed

D

Deleted member

After looking up, NASB1 did have some stuff with the PS blog so its not impossible. There's also the Xbox show and they did have some gameplay reveals with the avatar character. I think a September reveal is much more likely

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hopefully we get a July reveal at least, a longer prerelease is great for generating speculation and hype.

Top Bottom