• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean, Nickelodeon is streaming the Smurfs reboot, but they don't own the Smurfs themselves - I believe the original comic creator's publishing house has continued to own it, unless that entire production company has itself been bought out.

I doubt we'll see any content from any franchise that Nick merely licensed - even things like TMNT and Garfield are now owned by Nick, even if they didn't use to be...
This includes franchises like Wayside and Kappa Mikey, along with most of most of Nick Jr.'s library, the various Dreamworks-related shows, and Power Rangers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This includes franchises like Wayside and Kappa Mikey, along with most of most of Nick Jr.'s library, the various Dreamworks-related shows, and Power Rangers.
And Thumb Wrestling Federation! Which honestly would be kind of difficult to do, but having its commentators would be neat.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Kappa Mikey only being licensed, and therefore, likely not eligible
i actually cannot believe this i'm literally shaking and crying rn

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Okay!

Also, for other Canadians in the thread, preorders are up now...

View attachment 328533

They, uh, kind of need a copy-editor for the punctuation here. "SpongebobSquarepantsseries" is my favourite show! Also, Avatar's listed as having playable reps again; what a very well-kept secret...
Hold up "22 themed levels"? This could pretty much confirm our theory that every fighters have a home stage because we have 22 characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hold up "22 themed levels"? This could pretty much confirm our theory that every fighters have a home stage because we have 22 characters.
...But if that's the case, then what's Sandy's home stage? And whose home stage is the Technodrome?

Not to mention, the whole "base roster is 22 characters" thing is just an assumption on our part and hasn't been officially confirmed.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Okay!

Also, for other Canadians in the thread, preorders are up now...

View attachment 328533

They, uh, kind of need a copy-editor for the punctuation here. "SpongebobSquarepantsseries" is my favourite show! Also, Avatar's listed as having playable reps again; what a very well-kept secret...
Once again another October 5th release date. This constantly solidifies my doubts that it'll randomly be November.

...But if that's the case, then what's Sandy's home stage? And whose home stage is the Technodrome?

Not to mention, the whole "base roster is 22 characters" thing is just an assumption on our part and hasn't been officially confirmed.
Less about home stages and just having a stage thrown on each character, which makes sense. It may be an assumption, but that's what the game currently seems to be leaning toward similar to our "Leg Girl" assumption with one of the most common guesses being dead on.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean, Nickelodeon is streaming the Smurfs reboot, but they don't own the Smurfs themselves - I believe the original comic creator's publishing house has continued to own it, unless that entire production company has itself been bought out.

I doubt we'll see any content from any franchise that Nick merely licensed - even things like TMNT and Garfield are now owned by Nick, even if they didn't use to be...
I just miss him, dude...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

People only think that because the thumbnail for the announcement of the Gamescom reveal showed 8 empty spots.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
People only think that because the thumbnail for the announcement of the Gamescom reveal showed 8 empty spots.
I'm aware of that; but that's still ultimately just an assumption on our part.

As far as I know, the developers haven't commented on this like they did with the box-art leak.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
22 characters makes sense in a game like this too. The fact that we oh so conveniently have Spongebob and TMNT stages being three in count with only three reps is extra suspicious to me.
I'm not saying 22 characters doesn't make sense; what I AM saying is that we having nothing to base this off of outside of that one teaser trailer...and that could potentially mean nothing.

Regarding "Stage Theory" being 1:1, what weirds me out/makes me tilt my head is that the vast majority of stages could be considered home stages/stages that the character in question is associated with, but then we get to the Spongebob and Ninja Turtle stages, and suddenly there's a discrepancy between at least one of the characters present or one of the stages (i.e. Flying Dutchman's Ship and the Technodrome don't have any character that could be associated with them).

I don't know, just compared to how the rest of the game's stages have been presented, it strikes me as weird that suddenly there's two stages that have no correlation with any of the playable characters from that series. And it's this that makes a part of me wonder if "Stage Theory" could potentially be one giant coincidence.

I guess we'll just have to wait until Ren & Stimpy and/or the Avatar characters (however many there actually are) are revealed to know for sure.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I just miss him, dude...
I think Otis has a good chance as DLC, apparently he's been in 3rd place on the largest fan polls

Nice to see other Barnyard and Back at the Barnyard fans out there (personally the movie is the more nostalgia part of the series for me)

Also Otis gets bonus points for being a canonical trans man representation :3

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
spits out water

Uh, yes, so it does. I... somehow didn't notice that it explicitly said that haha.

I think home stage theory makes a lot of sense. I know they aren't all perfect thematically, but having home stages where you traditionally fight each character for an Arcade Mode makes sense to me - definitely a standard fighting game mechanic, at least... I also do like having some more sinister stages with Flying Dutchman's Ship and the Technodrome, even if we don't have any antagonists in the roster as of the time of me writing this.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The way I'm seeing it is the stages don't need to associate with the character, they just need to be from the IP. If every stage associated 1:1 with the character, we'd only ever get "character's house" stages, which isn't as interesting as stuff like The Flying Dutchman's ship or the Technodrome.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
The way I'm seeing it is the stages don't need to associate with the character, they just need to be from the IP. If every stage associated 1:1 with the character, we'd only ever get "character's house" stages, which isn't as interesting as stuff like The Flying Dutchman's ship or the Technodrome.
That might mean regarding the Toph theory of her being the third avatar character due to Omashu being the third stage might not actually hold water, and it could be any Avatar character really.

To be honest though I'm still betting on it being Toph and I would prefer Toph to even Zuko honestly (though Zuko would still be great)

amageish

Smash Master
That might mean regarding the Toph theory of her being the third avatar character due to Omashu being the third stage might not actually hold water, and it could be any Avatar character really.

To be honest though I'm still betting on it being Toph and I would prefer Toph to even Zuko honestly (though Zuko would still be great)
Yeah, personally, I'd still lean towards it being Toph or, if not her, maybe Katara or Iroh. I totally get prioritizing variety with the Flying Dutchman's ship or the Technodrome over more literal "home" stages, but I'd be surprised if they picked Zuko and didn't include the unique geography that comes from the Fire Kingdom. Zuko is fantastic as a character and I would still be very happy to see him though.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Yeah, personally, I'd still lean towards it being Toph or, if not her, maybe Katara or Iroh. I totally get prioritizing variety with the Flying Dutchman's ship or the Technodrome over more literal "home" stages, but I'd be surprised if they picked Zuko and didn't include the unique geography that comes from the Fire Kingdom. Zuko is fantastic as a character and I would still be very happy to see him though.
This is assuming the Air Temple and Omashu are separate and not a traveling stage like Skyloft or Castle Siege

amageish

Smash Master
This is assuming the Air Temple and Omashu are separate and not a traveling stage like Skyloft or Castle Siege
I just don't see a reason to do that, honestly, especially as it'd be coming from a Temple to a city marketplace? If you wanted to go through the four nations, then I feel like picking four training areas to match the Air Temple would make more sense then just... random cities from them.

It's possible, but seems kind of random and also like a lot of work for a small team. Granted, it's not like Ludosity isn't know for exceeding expectations (Slap City was supposed to have like 20-something stages too and ended up with 30-something, I believe?), so it's always possible they just made multiple Avatar stages with only 2 characters and decided to squish them together into one...

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Going off this, I'm starting to think Ren and Stimpy are seperate characters, considering Ren isn't holding/choking Stimpy like most people assumed

If that's the case then that might mean we would only have about 2 fighters we don't know of

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
To those that asked, it's apparently on the Brazillian e-Shop of the game

Also the game is live on digital stores now!

Anyways taking the boxart into account with how Ren and Stimpy are placed and the fact that these are their major players they have yet to "reveal", I'd say this is probably gonna be our final roster, or at least something similar

1630470011740.png

amageish

Smash Master
Whoops! Well, uh, thanks Nintendo eShop... I really wonder if they were planning on having more stuff announced by now, but the hype led to them wanting all the announcements to be streamed for extra press instead of just dropping it on Twitter...

tbh honest, i hope the next reveal will be ren and stimpy so we can put the debate duo or not behind us
Part of me thinks they revealed "Leg Girl" last time to silence fandom debate, so maybe they'll do that again haha...

Top Bottom