• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 reveals DLC characters for Season 1

NASB2_Newcomers_2.jpg

Curious at who's part of the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 Season 1 DLC? Wait no longer. All four characters for the DLC have been revealed. The DLC characters include Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants (in Early 2024), Zuko and Uncle Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender and Rocksteady from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. All four characters are set to come out in 2024.

image_of_newcomers.jpg

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 launches on November 7th on digital storefronts and December 1st on retail. Retail will only include a download code for the game.

Author's Note: Wow, so soon? Before release? Honestly, I kind-of enjoy downloadable characters getting all revealed at once. I wish there was a video to go with it though.

Credits:
Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Announcing all four at once is pretty unusual, but given the leaks, I get the mindset behind it.

Honestly, all four of these seem like a lot of fun on their own, but I feel it'd be nice to see some returning veterans (like Oblina, Powdered Toast Man, or CatDog) down the line. Genuinely pretty good picks though, that aside - I think they'll be cool to see in motion.

I'm not a fan of giving the franchises with the most characters even more fighters - though it probably makes sense financially. It's also weird to have this much focus on firebenders in particular but I think I complained enough about that.

Overall, I think the first game had a stronger DLC selection but it also had some big gaps to fill... I'm still underwhelmed.

I'm not a fan of giving the franchises with the most characters even more fighters - though it probably makes sense financially. It's also weird to have this much focus on firebenders in particular but I think I complained enough about that.

Overall, I think the first game had a stronger DLC selection but it also had some big gaps to fill... I'm still underwhelmed.
Benders are Nick’s anime swordfighters now, I’m sorry, that’s just the way things are now. :4pacman:

An interesting selection of fighters for the first wave of DLC. It is a tad annoying that we have to deal with the popular series getting more reps while other series are still stuck with 1-2 fighters AND some new series waiting to be announced

I think replacing iroh with Sokka or toph wouldve been the right call!
I dont know how many korra fans i upset with this but considering korras sidecast is much less iconic than aangs it makes sense to only have korra! But i guess they should add republic city!

It's a little weird that Avatar has just as many characters as SpongeBob, the network's most popular IP and debatably the most popular cartoon of the 21st century. Iroh in particular feels odd, especially since Otis and Pig are right there if you really want a meme pick from the 2000's. Rocksteady also seems weird when Leonardo, Mikey, and Shredder are still MIA.

It is nice to have Mr. Krabs, though.

Top Bottom