• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 is Announced!

Nickelodeon_2.jpg

After more than two years since Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl was announced, a sequel has been announced today in the form of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2.

New Confirmed Characters
  • Squidward Tentacles from Spongebob Squarepants
  • Jimmy Neutron from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius
  • Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (while neither of the two turtles got a spotlight similar to Jimmy and Squidward, both can be seen in the trailer)
  • Vlad Plasmius Danny Phantom? (While on the box art and linked to the story mode, we do not yet know if he is a playable character)

We also have news of new stages. Previous stages such as the Rooftops from TMNT or Harmonic Convergence from Avatar: The Legend of Korra will be getting overhauls. New stages such as The Fry Cook Games Arena are also present. The game will also include a single player campaign mode. Starting with Spongebob, you explore the world of these Nicktoons, gaining resources and new characters in this roguelike adventure. There will also be boss fights and other unique elements to the campaign.

The sequel gives the original a major overhaul. The presentation has been taken up a few notches. Voice Acting will be in the game from the beginning. The models for the playable characters look more detailed and lively. All the animations feel smoother. The stages become more detailed as well.The presentation is not the only thing leveling up: the gameplay has also got an ugrade. Compared to its predecessor, NASB 2 will be using analog inputs instead of digital inputs, allowing greater character control. There will be a meter system this time, allowing for techniques such as ultimate attacks, powered up moves, or even “Slime Cancels”. “Slime Cancels” are similar to Roman Cancels from fighting games like Guilty Gear, letting you sacrifice meter to remove endlag on attacks.

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2 is slated for a release date this fall. We will keep you posted as more information comes out.

Author’s Note: What characters do you wish to join NASB 2? I would love for Zuko from Avatar: The Last AIrbender and Snap from Chalk Zone to appear.

Credits
Writing:
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Editing: @Sari @Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail Graphic:
@Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Last edited:
TCT~Phantom

Comments

Bruh a rougelike mode is what I always wanted in a Smash Bros game, and I love the more clay esc animation for this game, this looks like a case of NASB walking for NASB 2 to run, all we just need is Otis from Back in the Barnyard, Blue from Blue's Clues, and Rango from Rango and the roster will be perfect for me

The graphics upgrade reminds me of going from Smash 4 to Ultimate....saw from developers on Twitter that most of the game is rebuilt from the ground up, and that every veteran's moveset is revamped, so I'm really looking forward to all that. Happy that Jimmy is finally here!

A Good reminder the developers of NASB Were Indie so no wonder that game wasnt Triple A Material but now Thats Cool!
Also i hope for some more Rivals, Antagonists and Villains! Like Squidward (Yes he isnt evil but he doesnt like spongebobs antics)
Some Characters like: Zuko (Rival atleast in season 1), Denzel Crooker (If they add Timmy), A Neutron Villain, Plankton in a mech

Also Poof isnt a bad Character so maybe add him as a Item like a throwable ball or something?
(And MAybe Foop as another version of that item?)

View attachment 375187

After more than two years since Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl was announced, a sequel has been announced today in the form of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2.

New Confirmed Characters
  • Squidward Tentacles from Spongebob Squarepants
  • Jimmy Neutron from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius
  • Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (while neither of the two turtles got a spotlight similar to Jimmy and Squidward, both can be seen in the trailer)
  • Vlad Plasmius Danny Phantom? (While on the box art and linked to the story mode, we do not yet know if he is a playable character)

We also have news of new stages. Previous stages such as the Rooftops from TMNT or Harmonic Convergence from Avatar: The Legend of Korra will be getting overhauls. New stages such as The Fry Cook Games Arena are also present. The game will also include a single player campaign mode. Starting with Spongebob, you explore the world of these Nicktoons, gaining resources and new characters in this roguelike adventure. There will also be boss fights and other unique elements to the campaign.

The sequel gives the original a major overhaul. The presentation has been taken up a few notches. Voice Acting will be in the game from the beginning. The models for the playable characters look more detailed and lively. All the animations feel smoother. The stages become more detailed as well.The presentation is not the only thing leveling up: the gameplay has also got an ugrade. Compared to its predecessor, NASB 2 will be using analog inputs instead of digital inputs, allowing greater character control. There will be a meter system this time, allowing for techniques such as ultimate attacks, powered up moves, or even “Slime Cancels”. “Slime Cancels” are similar to Roman Cancels from fighting games like Guilty Gear, letting you sacrifice meter to remove endlag on attacks.

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2 is slated for a release date this fall. We will keep you posted as more information comes out.

Author’s Note: What characters do you wish to join NASB 2? I would love for Zuko from Avatar: The Last AIrbender and Snap from Chalk Zone to appear.

Credits
Writing:
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Editing: @Sari @Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp
absolutely love what they've shown off!

Top Bottom