• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nicaboy's super fun awesome tournament!!! Febuary 27th 2010!!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Febuary 27th, 2010

Schedule:
Registration Sign ups at 2:00pm
Tournament (Doubles) will begin at 2:30pm
Singles will be played whenever Doubles ends

Entry Fees:
Registration/Door Fee - $5
Melee Singles - $7
Melee Doubles - $10 per team

Payout:
Singles - 60/30/10
Doubles - 60/30/10

Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza.

Contact Info:
AIM: nicaboy45
Cell: (786) 487- 5621 nicaboy is fine or call me dale.

Rules

* We'll be using most of WABA Games Melee Rule Set.

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 4 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 13.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (Rising Pound, Peach Bomber, etc..) Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death both players are to suicide immediately. No fighting with bombs @ 300. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinite's (i.e. wobbling) will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinite's are allowed.

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (That's me!)

Stages:

Starter -
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counter -
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria
-mute city

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Will try to make it. I think I got better since the last tourney

precision

Smash Cadet
you definately got better beanman. but yo dale if we bring set up that means minus door fee true?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I change the amount of entry. In an attempt to get more locals to enter its now 10 dollars per team(5 a person) and 7 singles. Go go btw esam wanna team?

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
I thought you were teaming with Warren to practice for GAMME, Dale. And are you spotting Warren to enter singles?

Top Bottom