• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nhotspot's Top Brawler Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-007-

Smash Cadet
Nhotspot's Top Brawler Tournament!

This is -007- bringing you the next Top Brawler Tournament. I have hosted several smash tournaments in my time as a smasher and they all have finished on time. I will try and make this tourney run as smooth and fast as possible. In order to do so i will be using TIO tournament organizer to run the tournament and create bracket images. This tourney will last a day and i will come up with a time that is best suited for the majority of the participants I will set a date once i got a minimum of 16 people. Here is the link to where the tourney will take place http://www.nhotspot.net/[/size]

The date of the tourney is not yet finalize but will be soon.

So here are the rules for the tournament.

Participants
1) DLA
2) The DP
3) Jessee
4) Leaf
5) HauntedSandwich
6) Gurusharky
7) Master_Cheif
8) The Joker
9) -Uva-
10) Dark
11) Mater105
12) Sheep
13) Dude_00
14) Sir Sonie
15) Shadowfirex100
16) thegreatkazoo
17) cubone
18) exn
19) Arsage0
20) Zondafreak
21) amer56879
22) swordslad12
23) Additionalpylons
24) zsteven
25) LashD094
26) Jezis

General: Singles Tourney(Double Elimination)

* Three (3) stock.
* Eight (8) minute time limit.
* All items off.
* If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:

If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.

The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:

* Battlefield

* Final Destination

* Smashville

* Yoshi's Island

You pick the first stage either randomly or if one player request by stage striking
For those unfamiliar with stage striking here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GY6Y8x1_k

Ok for counter picking this is as followed:

# The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated.The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.
# When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:

* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Lylat Cruise
* Pictochat
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 1(Melee)

# Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
# You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

* If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
* The game will still be played on the same stage.
* The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
* The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
* King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.
* Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

Livestream: http://www.justin.tv/x007x

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE TOURNAMENT!

NOTE: I will be seeding players for those who should be receiving the byes in brackets. Make the tournament more fair for everyone.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Please allow me to join this wonderful display of tournament rules. Zeadro/S.N./4339-2334-6567.Thanks (^V^)

-007-

Smash Cadet
both of you can still sign up. I take people for the tourney up until 2 hours prior to the start of the tourney. After that point i will organize things. BTW there will be a live stream for this and possible commentary.

The stream is this: http://www.justin.tv/x007x

-007-

Smash Cadet
so, no prize???
Lol as of now all i would do is upload the results on aib for ribbons so whoever has an account there can claim them. Maybe i can arrange for winner to get a free wii shopping channel game. Also get a custom badge on the site the tourney will be hosted at. That is all i can offer for now. But the free wii shopping channel game seems likely.

8Bitman

Smash Master
wait could you like make it wii points? since your already giving them a wii shop channel game? less work for you. ^_^

-007-

Smash Cadet
there is no prize such as a virtual console game yet. Its a possibility but im not sure yet. I promise to upload results to allisbrawl for any of you that use it and claim ribbons. Also a custom badge for Nhotspot.net which is the site that is hosting the tournament. We will most likely be using the stream chat and will send a message to all participants with all the details.

-007-

Smash Cadet
Can you please put a bracket on here?

Thanks.
I will put the brackets on the very chat we will be using to communicate for this tourney. I wont make them until the very day of the tourney. Since i am allowing anyone to enter up until that day. The site this tourney is for is nhotspot.net and will be using the livestream chat most likely as the primary chat for the tourney. I will send everyone a message with full details on Friday and again on Saturday.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Hey 007, um, I never got put down as a participant....I'm certainly hoping i wasn't forgotten. Anyway just clarifying that im still in. I'm sure you have a list of full participants somewhere so....Oh! YEs! One more thing, could i possibly be the assistant commentator? I always joke around when i am one but i have great snappy/cheesy retorts and one hell of a typing voice. Lol PEace

-007-

Smash Cadet
yes u can spam snake choke. I will see if i can setup the commentating for live stream soon. Livestream works even if its online by me being in the room with anyone that playing. The tourney will be saturday at 3pm eastern time

Chaco

Never Logs In
Generally speaking we do not allow advertising for other tournaments, so I am locking this thread. Take it to PMs, if you would. Unless the tournament is hosted on SWF, the advertising rules bar the tournament. Exceptions are made for AiB, but that is all.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom