• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NH Teen Institute benefit SSBB tournament - Kittery, ME - BIG CASH PRIZES! - Feb. 7th

Holodek Kittery

Smash Cadet
i meant 10 bucks per team, i'm not trying to skimp out, i'm really not, its just that I'm already committed to 25 bucks to get in and participate in the singles, then at least another 10 on food depending on how long im there, plus i gotta give gas money to my ride.
I hear ya man. Well, if prices stay the same, at most you could be looking at $50 for a day full of good brawling, a chance to win $$$, some good food, and you'll be supporting a good cause.

Remember that even if you are eliminated from the tournament you are getting the all day ticket to hang out and play!

Making_Waves

Smash Cadet
Yeah Pictochat has some crazy random crap and Luigi's Mansion is mainly banned because of metaknight.

$15 is a bit steep for singles
Yeah I'm really surprised those stages are on the "counter pick" list for the SBR.

The reason why it's 15$ is so that it'll insure a really big pot for the winners. As of right now, if 40-50 people show up, the pot will be at $400-$500, which is pretty cool.

Making_Waves

Smash Cadet
I thought I would bump this because there are other threads popping up to advertise this.
Woot. This is getting closer.

There is expected to be a ton of people coming, I can't wait :-)

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I'm excited for this. I feel like a big doubles pot would be necessary because you're splitting the pot between two people, but yeah, I guess it is just for fun...

Still, it counts as tournament results, right? And with a decent sized pot, we'll get actual matches instead of throwaway ones. I dunno, I like the idea of a big doubles pot, but maybe you're right. Smaller prize, more people, maybe. Besides, the same amount of money's going to a good cause either way.

I'm indifferent, if you couldn't tell. >.> But I'll vote to have the price dropped anyway.
Because the quarter says.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I have a big cooler shaped like a Rockstar can in my barn. It was for a store display, but my dad took it home because they didn't need it anymore.

Hey Darc, if I can go, I'll bring some waters. :) I'll see what I can't do about having a cooler.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I found that drinking an Unbound energy drink before a GS tourney was a colossal mistake because, yeah, shaky hands.

I'm going to see if I can come to this one. Always wanted to try out some more tourneys but there aren't many in driving distance for me.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Hrmmm... i wonder if ill go to this or not ill consider it ;)

ill try to make it idk if ill be able to though if i go i hope i see some people from Jman115's tourney in portland :D

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I know it says in the first post, but since you've changed the date and stuff I have to make sure. The tourney starts at 2 right?

Making_Waves

Smash Cadet
I know it says in the first post, but since you've changed the date and stuff I have to make sure. The tourney starts at 2 right?
That's correct. The tournament starts at 2 but the doors open at 12 for you to check out holo-dek, play w/e you want or practice or w/e.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
naw i think Darc's teaming with me for the Brawl doubles... since im driving him there and everything LOL

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
If anyone is going through/going from either Portland (near university of southern maine), Gorham (near university of southern maine) or, less optimally, Damariscotta and wants to be awesome and give me a ride to the tourny, reply to this or PM me.

Holodek Kittery

Smash Cadet
Just letting everyone know we are still on and more ready than ever! Pulled in some extra Wiis, and it should be a great day of Brawling! Some local newspapers have even picked up the story. See you there!

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I'd offer to team, but I know you want to win, so I'll pass. ^^

I'm not even sure I can go anymore. I've been sick since Thursday of last week, and it's just been getting worse. It might even land me in the hospital.

Edit: Actually, went last night. They gave me lots of medicine and an inhaler.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Boxman are you still going to a yugioh tourney instead? If not, yes, team. Team yes. Yes.

If he can't make it we'll friendly team up Zesu and see if the magic happens.
XD My second tournament. I don't think there'll be an overwhelming amount of magic, though Kirby's inhale and G&W's oil panic both lead to interesting team strategies.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
In a one on one match, Metaknight's tornado is bad to copy. MK's has higher priority, so even though it's a fun thing to use as Kirby, it's probably better to take the 10% and combo potential from spitting.

On teams, however, if we're not against two MK's, then it may prove useful.

Top Bottom