• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So about that time the Redskins lose the game because they can't take their obviously-ailing QB out of the game.

Edit: Of course, he comes out as I type this post.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
always bad to see that happen to anyone, especially during a playoff game

hopefuly he/they learn from this and wont be too quick about letting him play after an injury in the future

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm waiting for Jems paragraph about the game lol

:phone:
It might be a book considering how well they played.

"Wow what a game. The Seahawks just proved they can win on the road too...blah blah... First off I'd like to say...blah blah...Russel Wilson...excellent...inspirational...blah blah...Lynch was strong... It's a shame that RGIII was hurt...but blah blah...

Bring on the Falcons."

I know I wasn't 100% accurate. Sue me.

At least the more interesting games are next week!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
"Richard Sherman is a quality player...blah blah...he doesn't really mean it...blah blah blah...he backs his actions...blah blah...he is still good...blah blah blah."

Jem.

Smash Master
Proud of the Seahawks for not giving up after being down 14-0. Couldn't believe the worst possible scenario to start the game happened lol

Surprised the Redskins gave up so quick on Morris when the game wasnt over till about halfway through the 4th.. Gotta keep pounding like the Seahawks do with Lynch

Onto Atlanta! Clemons tore his ACL though. Redskins field blows. AP tore his ACL there, RG3 tweaked his knee, and then Clemons tore his ACL. Sucks but, time for Irvin to prove he was worth the #15 overall pick. Sexy sack late in the game, but now he's gotta play the Leo that Clem plays.

TWill apologized to Sherman for hitting him, btw lol.

"Received a very classy text from @TrentW71. Great player! This is an emotional game no ill will either way. Have a great Pro Bowl! Well deserved. #12thMan I appreciate the support but please ignore the ignorance. Do not allow them to pull u to miserable bottom with them. Thank you " - Richard Sherman

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I finally saw various highlights of RG3 limping around and trying to force himself to play. The sad thing is, it sort of reminded me of myself when I sprained my knee 3 years ago in a football tournament only to try and force myself to play through it.

It's just not worth it, no matter what the stakes. The Redskins had a viable back up in Cousins, and should have gone to him as soon as things weren't right with RG3.

Peeze

Smash Master
I must say i thought for sure RG3 would be a bust. But he looks fantastic and puts forth good heart.

Never too early for divisional round picks i guess:

Den>Bal
NE>Hou
SEA>ATL - just because Jem. is in this thread.
GB>SF

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ravens < Broncos
- Considering Flacco's slow start against the Colts, I'm pretty confident Broncos will obliterate them. Manning has so many good targets Flacco will need a 200% game from the beginning. Even if Lewis and Suggs light up the defense I can't see Manning not scoring more than like 30.
---
Packers > 49'ers
- Rodgers and his receivers have been looking more in sync lately. They stay on top and I think they'll be able to rise over San Francisco's defense. This will probably the best game of the weekend...at least I hope.
---
Seahawks < Falcons
- My heart wants to pick the Falcons but I get awful PTSD flashbacks of last year's postseason. If Ryan can even bring 80% of his game I think his team will take it, otherwise, expect Wilson to be Wilson and Jem to spin a tale on his glories.
---
Texans < Patriots
- Say what you want about how the Texans look better, they're at New England who have a healthy Gronkowski. Scoring 19 points will not cut it against Brady. If Foster can exploit the mediocre defense then hopefully the game will be closer than their last exchange.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
good games
wish the vikings had their regular quarterback because it wouldve been more interesting

I thought it was good against the colts that the ravens won
give ray lewis a little bit more of a stretch

but their season will end in denver against the broncos

seattles legit and the bird bowl next weekend is gonna be interesting
cant wait to see the **** talk between sherman and roddy white
gonna be fun

Peeze

Smash Master
Seahawks < Falcons
- My heart wants to pick the Falcons but I get awful PTSD flashbacks of last year's postseason. If Ryan can even bring 80% of his game I think his team will take it, otherwise, expect Wilson to be Wilson and Jem to spin a tale on his glories.
This is why i cant pick the falcons, they havent proved ability to do anything in the postseason.

Wilson just proved he can go on the road against an adequate defense, and pull his team back from 2 scores down.

I really want to hate Pete Carroll though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I just want Denver to win. Don't really care about the rest.

Denver > Baltimore
NE > Houston (I like Houston more, and I really want them to do good, but I just don't think they can win in Foxborough. And nothing beats a Manning-Brady AFC championship game)

Packers > 49ers (I just don't believe in the niners this year. I thought they would be better, and I don't support the switch to Kaepernik at QB)

Seahawks > Falcons (just because I'd like to see a rematch (or a rerematch) between the Pack or Niners.)

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Denver > Baltimore
NE > Houston (Need that vintage NE defense to give up a bunch of yards to Foster and then pick off any Schaub pass >.>)
Atlanta > Seattle (I think Matty Ice's dome advantage will actually work for once here. I expect to see Rodgers and Turner to have good days)
GB > SF (Alex Smith gets put in during the 4th quarter, and comes up short of a comeback...is what I want to see)

M@v

Subarashii!
NE>Houston. Domination in the regular season and way more playoff EXP for the pats.

Denver>Baltimore. Will be closer than the blowout in the regular season since the Ravens are emotionally charged, but peyton is still gonna be too much.

Seattle>Atlanta. Not just because Jem is here. Seattle's on fire, and it is Atlanta in the playoffs. I will never pick Atlanta in the playoffs until they can finally prove they can perform in crunch time.

Green Bay>San Fransisco. This is the closest and toughest to call game this weekend. However, I think the difference will be Colin Kaepernick choking in his first playoff game. And if that happens, all I will say to San Fransisco is "I told you so."

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Baltimore>Denver - I think with enough heightened emotions, Ravens pull out the upset. Guessing their defense is gonna be strong enough to get few turnovers off of Manning and give them chances to score.
NE>Houston - Probably gonna be a close game but I think Houston's defense isn't strong enough to stop Brady.
Atlanta>Seattle - Atlanta finally gonna prove themselves to be a good team. Hawks are good, but I think they need a home field to be able to beat Atlanta.
GB>SF - Even though SF does their best against the best teams, their offense isn't strong enough and guessing David Akers is gonna miss some key field goals. Rodgers and his offense is too strong to handle.

I was 4/4 on my preds last week, sooo hoping this week will be the same.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Worried about my 49ers, mainly because of how lackluster they've looked of late. Also, I remember reading ESPN's stats and info on how much worse they are when Justin Smith (torn triceps) is off the field.

If I'm a betting man, I'd go with 49ers by a field goal.

People keep expecting Kaep to have a bad rookie game, but what about Russel Wilson? Dude plays with the composure of a veteran, but I think ATL will be the reason they lose. ATL will have a lot of motivation going into this week to prove the doubters wrong.

Denver over Baltimore. Sorry Ray, it was a good run.

Pats over Houston. Lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
Congrats Redskins, not only did your field tear Clemons ACL, but it tore RG3's LCL and ACL. Wow at this rate RG3 might not even play next season. Clean your trash field up instead of piping in crowd noise (It has been confirmed the stadium was piping in crowd noise through the speakers yesterday, lol :D)

What? I'm a very rational fan. I never guarantee Seahawk wins. I just think people dont realize RW isnt being carried. The Hawks were down 14, but could have easily won by ~20 if for not fumbling deep in Skins territory and missing an open Sidney Rice /Doug Baldwin.

I think Seattle matches up better with Atlanta than they did Washington, though. Sometimes Seattle's Run D becomes suspect, and that scared me for Morris. Julio and Roddy are studs, but if there is one CB tandem you wanted to take the big WR's on, how are you not going to pick Sherman and Browner? Atlanta's defense also appears to be very mediocre, ranking below 20th in Pass D and Run D. The Hawks offense is perfectly healthy. If Lynch and the offense controls the game, Atlanta might find themselves one and done again. Will I be surprised if Atlanta wins? No, Roddy and Julio are studs and maybe they're finally ready to play big boy January Football.

For the same reason people were hesitant to pick Seattle on the road vs the Skins is the same reason people will be hesitant to pick the Falcons. Seattle aren't exactly chumps either, winning 8 of their last 9 now. Either team can win, I never guarantee Seahawk wins lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
Why would you want March to come if you enjoy the NFL? The Superbowl is one of the saddest days of the year because then its 7 months until the regular season again

Reizilla

Worried about my 49ers, mainly because of how lackluster they've looked of late. Also, I remember reading ESPN's stats and info on how much worse they are when Justin Smith (torn triceps) is off the field.

If I'm a betting man, I'd go with 49ers by a field goal.

People keep expecting Kaep to have a bad rookie game, but what about Russel Wilson? Dude plays with the composure of a veteran, but I think ATL will be the reason they lose. ATL will have a lot of motivation going into this week to prove the doubters wrong.

Denver over Baltimore. Sorry Ray, it was a good run.

Pats over Houston. Lol.
For me, it's not so much that I think Kaep will have a rookie game, it's just that I don't trust him. He can make plays that Alex Smith can't make, but he's not as consistent. That, and I don't like what happened to Smith, so I kinda want it to bite them in the rear.

The 49ers have been my NFC favorite for the past two seasons though, so I'd still like them to win, so I can be right. Haha

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
People keep expecting Kaep to have a bad rookie game, but what about Russel Wilson?.
Well, a rookie game by today's standards or traditional ones? :awesome: Either way, I'm pretty much with Rei on this one. It's not his fault what happened to Alex Smith, but what a storyline it would be to see Smith come in and pretty much light things up in a loss.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol.. Did you ever hear me make excuses during the Seahawk losses? I'm not Skip. I'll be the first to tell you that even though the refs admitted they screwed up Superbowl 40, the Hawks weren't playing how they were all year. If they played how they were all year vs the Steelers, the calls wouldn't have mattered even if they were atrocious. Hawks didn't play like they deserved the Superbowl win, but unfortunately neither did the Steelers

Atlanta has struggled heavily vs good RB's and the read option. Seattle has both. Seattle's best chance is to control the clock with Beastmode.

Atlanta has a pretty bad run game, so Seattle shouldnt have to worry about the run game and can dedicate to stopping the passing game. Strength vs Strength in terms of Atlanta's offense vs Seattle's defense, then Strength vs Weakness in Seattle's offense vs Atlanta's defense.

Stats dont always come into play though, but Seattle has a better matchup on paper with Atlanta than they did Washington. Washington had the strengths to attack Seattle's weakness but in the end couldnt do so

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Atlanta has a pretty bad run game, so Seattle shouldnt have to worry about the run game and can dedicate to stopping the passing game. Strength vs Strength in terms of Atlanta's offense vs Seattle's defense, then Strength vs Weakness in Seattle's offense vs Atlanta's defense.
Michael Turner is significantly better at home, though. And Jacquizz Rodgers has been a legitimate threat out of the backfield. What would you say are Seattle's weaknesses?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
my anniversary lol

anyways I like russel wilson

good kid
i like the seahawks
hit hard on defense and cover good
**** talking
clutch scrambling and yard gaining by the quarterback and running back
decent receivers
and i wish they had homefield advantage so they could troll the league and win the superbowl
my people from seattle always say its hard to win in atlantis

with that said
im going for the falcons this weekend
i feel sympathy for them
matt ryan needs to say **** it and go for this ****
play great football as a team
finally win a playoff game
and move on

RW and his hawks will have more time in the future to make a great playoff run

M@v

Subarashii!
Receivers and rookie QB. Yes he's done well, but still can't overlook he's a rookie.

Also, they may not have their main kicker.

Jem.

Smash Master
Might = we won't. Hauschka was put on IR and they already held tryouts yesterdays and signed Ryan Longwell. They also held tryouts to get a DE due to Clemons being put on IR as well and Ray Edwards was even at the tryout but he didn't make it.

I dunno, Mark Sanchez and the Jets had it much harder as a rookie.. Peyton Manning then Tom Brady then Big Ben all in a row XD. Seahawks can do dissss. The nice thing is that the pressure is ALL on the Atlanta Falcons, while last week it felt like all the pressure of the world was on the Seahawks to finally win a road playoff game since beating Dan Marino and Don Shula lol. But I agree, even if Seattle loses to Atlanta, it was a hell of an improvement going from 7-9 to 2nd round of the playoffs. Even if they lost to Washington I thought it was an improvement, but no one wanted it to end that soon. Hawks might contend for the #1 seed next year which would be nice, dont want to put yourself in the position to have to win 3 straight road games to get to the Superbowl

Love the part about a minute in on Harbaugh's birthday when the Hawks were pooping on the 49ers "Happy Birthday Harbaugh! Hold that! Hold that!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdeOuO1WSwU

And yeah Sherman talks sooo much trash. I saw a mic'd up from him vs the Redskins and him and Garcon bump and Garcon gets mad and wants a flag, and Sherman walks past him and goes "YOU SUCK. YOU WANTED THIS NOISE? YOU SUCK!" I love it though, because the Seahawks of old were way too finesse. Physical wins in January.

Reizilla

Might = we won't. Hauschka was put on IR and they already held tryouts yesterdays and signed Ryan Longwell. They also held tryouts to get a DE due to Clemons being put on IR as well and Ray Edwards was even at the tryout but he didn't make it.

I dunno, Mark Sanchez and the Jets had it much harder as a rookie.. Peyton Manning then Tom Brady then Big Ben all in a row XD. Seahawks can do dissss. The nice thing is that the pressure is ALL on the Atlanta Falcons, while last week it felt like all the pressure of the world was on the Seahawks to finally win a road playoff game since beating Dan Marino and Don Shula lol. But I agree, even if Seattle loses to Atlanta, it was a hell of an improvement going from 7-9 to 2nd round of the playoffs. Even if they lost to Washington I thought it was an improvement, but no one wanted it to end that soon. Hawks might contend for the #1 seed next year which would be nice, dont want to put yourself in the position to have to win 3 straight road games to get to the Superbowl

Love the part about a minute in on Harbaugh's birthday when the Hawks were pooping on the 49ers "Happy Birthday Harbaugh! Hold that! Hold that!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdeOuO1WSwU

And yeah Sherman talks sooo much trash. I saw a mic'd up from him vs the Redskins and him and Garcon bump and Garcon gets mad and wants a flag, and Sherman walks past him and goes "YOU SUCK. YOU WANTED THIS NOISE? YOU SUCK!" I love it though, because the Seahawks of old were way too finesse. Physical wins in January.
That was Sanchez' second year. His rookie year was when the Colts let them in the playoffs by resting in week 17 and then handled them in the championship game.

Top Bottom