• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFC3 - Omaha, Nebraska - January 6, 2007!!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ lol, yeah i guess if you want to count 2 people who don't probably even practice on their spare time, not that they are bad or anything but they aren't the best that NE/IA has to offer.

anyways, i'll give it to you i guess, but you should come to our tourney anyways, its closer and you can do a **** ton at the place including bball, vball, soccer and ****, its huge and you won't get bored with like friggin 20 setups, soo... come.

Echo

Smash Champion
/sigh... wow....

people are still talking **** when they havent even played us...

you know I used to like the smash community.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
JBM, we beat NE at C3T, doesn't matter if it's your best or not, we won that. XD
christ

like wtf is that. your a ****ing ****** man.
"like uhh wow we beat NE at C3T...we played like 2 guys from nebraska, i guess we're just soo good at this game..."

yea like, im sure if kansas just krept one of our tourneys w/o dark and i just took phat deuces on em or even better, lets just say 2 out of there like 10 man crew make it to a tourny and we just ****ing beat them through the ****ing ground. christ look at what we done. we beat kansas god ****ing ****it we are too ****ing good...
are you a ****ing ******* omfg dude, like its stupid ****ing people like you that make this ****ing community just soo ****ing ****ty.

either you ****ing make it to this tourny or just STFU and GTFO out of this thread cause like, just because nebraska is in the middle of this ****ing country and know one knows what the **** a nebraska even is doesnt mean you have to make it sound like your ****ing downgrading our players in smash llike that. like seriously dude **** YOU!
and if you do make it put down $25 and i'll ****ing ruin your ****ing day!

DeMoNoFdArKnEsS

Smash Rookie
C'mon dudes too much hate goin on for this tourney, either they make it or they don't, no big deal.

fo real though this is getting pretty ridiculous. The way I see it, if you don't come, you have no room to talk trash, if you come, then we'll see how you play. The only way to make a name for yourself is to play man, trash talk online is just going to make you look stupid.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
no dude talkin **** is coo as long as you can back it up. thats what forums are for **** talkin, just make sure you step it up when its game time. So Co bring ya *****, I mean your whole ****ing crew to our **** and lets just settle this ****. And those 2 guys you played at your tourney will be there and they want you dudes for some payback. even though they owned you guys in guilty gear, the game they play btw

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
why CO
it's just zeal who is talking ****.

I'm pretty sure you guys would win a crew battle. badly

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
christ

like wtf is that. your a ****ing ****** man.
"like uhh wow we beat NE at C3T...we played like 2 guys from nebraska, i guess we're just soo good at this game..."

yea like, im sure if kansas just krept one of our tourneys w/o dark and i just took phat deuces on em or even better, lets just say 2 out of there like 10 man crew make it to a tourny and we just ****ing beat them through the ****ing ground. christ look at what we done. we beat kansas god ****ing ****it we are too ****ing good...
are you a ****ing ******* omfg dude, like its stupid ****ing people like you that make this ****ing community just soo ****ing ****ty.

either you ****ing make it to this tourny or just STFU and GTFO out of this thread cause like, just because nebraska is in the middle of this ****ing country and know one knows what the **** a nebraska even is doesnt mean you have to make it sound like your ****ing downgrading our players in smash llike that. like seriously dude **** YOU!
and if you do make it put down $25 and i'll ****ing ruin your ****ing day!
Wow, I put the smiley at the end to connote that it didn't really even matter. Saying we automatically lose if we don't show is kinda stupid, but I was assuming it was a joke as well. Don't get your panties in a knot, seriously. If I actually thought that they represented NE, we wouldn't even bother going to play you guys. It'd be a waste of gas to go that far just to win for sure, seriously. I'm expecting it to be hard, or for us to lose, or even get stomped. Colorado's really not that hot at SSBM, especially right now.

God****, people will go out of their way to take anything personally and be offended. Seriously, calm down, and stop jumping the gun on comparing e-*****es. Do I think Colorado is really better than Nebraska? I couldn't give two ****s as to who's better. We're playing a video game! Yeah, it's fun, I love it, I'd love to be great at it, but at the end of the day, does winning the tournament make me a better person? Not really. People need to stop getting so bent outta shape over ever single thing.

America is full of pansies right now that just WANT to get upset over everything. We don't need even more. Learn to take jokes in stride. I never actually said Colorado>>>Nebraska, yet you guys continously jump the gun and assume that every poke and prod I make about our shoddy tournament is completely serious and aimed to bring you down. I'm keeping a fairly level head, and you guys are swearing left and right at me. Seriously, there's no incentive to go if all you're going to do is yell at us, rub it in our faces if we DO lose, etc etc. I'm trying REALLY hard to convince everyone that we should go to this, but it's crap like this that's making us lose more and more people for the car pool.

Now, let's quit acting like Halo players, make up, and be friends, alright? The reason I want to go to this tourney isn't so one of us can whoop up on the other, it's so we can see where we stand, as well as try to make a working relationship with nearby states, and increase OOS participation in tournaments both ways. I know that I'd LOVE that, how about you guys?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot I was logged in under Chap's name. This is Zeal.

Also, LoVo, I'm hardly talking ****. I said one ****ing thing, jokingly, and that was it. I also agree, they'd probably wreck us at crews.

EDIT 2: My apologies. I skim read JBM's and DoD's posts, and focused more on Smeesh and Batman. Not all of NE is getting asshurt over this, and the first post not only responded back in a casual, joking matter, but also still invited us and gave us more reasons as to why we should go. Too good.

EDIT 3: Just read over the rules. Onett's banned, but Princess Peach's Castle isn't, right? Or did I misread?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I know, that you were joking.
you guys should just let it go. mhmm

so who's the best NE smasher?

You guys should watch Out Come the Wolves 2, which according to chap will be out later today.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
whatever dude, fix that ****ing post cause a lot of its just horse****.

and im sure that trevfalcon is prolly the best in NE...

Big Burn

Smash Lord
no hurt feelings... you guys just need to creep this tourney, it should be pretty fun... thats all there is to it....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Same could be said of your post, darling dearest. <3

Isn't Echo supposed to be pretty good, too?

EDIT: Are there any videos of you guys? New/old/whatever?

Echo

Smash Champion
I'd say the best in NE is a tie between myself and smeesh. Any vids of us are pretty stupid and we SD in any match thats up lol, but eh whatever... we did have that combo vid that was pretty hawt but it got deleted or somethin.

As far as stages go, I still need to take the time to look over/edit that... so you might not want to look into that part of the first post too hard... but Onett will be banned, for sure. I still got a final to take later today, so maybe i'll do that tomorrow, or late tonight, who knows.

I just think the trash talk needs to stop on both sides. If you just came and chilled with everyone no one would give you a problem, its just when you start talkin on the boards like you're not even going to come but you think you're better, is when people are gonna give you a hard time.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
yea ya know, all we wanna do is show you a good time >.>

maybe give ya a couple ears of corn and show you around...NE. however on the way over you'll pretty much get an idea of how ****ty this state is.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I just think the trash talk needs to stop on both sides. If you just came and chilled with everyone no one would give you a problem, its just when you start talkin on the boards like you're not even going to come but you think you're better, is when people are gonna give you a hard time.
I can sympathize. That's why Colorado hates Husband but loves AZ. Alright, Imma try to stop being a ****, and try even harder to get to this.

I searched for vids of you guys on the hub, but to no avail. I at least wanted an idea of how NE plays. ;_;

Echo

Smash Champion
lol thats because I havent been on the hub for like a year. Youtube is the king :p

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
does anyone use link as a main in NE?

Looks like tony is deciding to go to NE
hopefully enough people will go that i won't have to pay too much gas money.

Echo

Smash Champion
lol he probably just watched the Friendlies of me and smeesh I was playing some fox and smeesh was doing some marth. My fox is pretty weak lol...

I play Peach, and Smeesh plays falcon.

Maybe I should bring my VCR to this tourney so we can actually get some real matches up, I think the only ones we have is from like PP1, those are too old.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
idk im pretty sure this is a good date.
like, a week before the tourny is a get krunk date, and a week before that is christmas, then like, a week before that would be next weekend. idk. is kinda far, but give us some more time to find more peeps.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
i might be able to do that for you
i'd need info such as your addy, first and last name, alias...El LoVo i assume, uh if your doing teams with someone i need the team name, i dunno if i need the other persons name or not. and i'd need your phone number/area code

Secks.

Smash Ace
What is up, I live in G.I. and hoping to make this tourny. It'll be my first smash tourny im gonna go with Johnny a guy from your crew. Anxious to meet you guys. Johnny also wanted to say that you are black Leon very black.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
What is up, I live in G.I. and hoping to make this tourny. It'll be my first smash tourny im gonna go with Johnny a guy from your crew. Anxious to meet you guys. Johnny also wanted to say that you are black Leon very black.
well you can tell little johnny boy that he's really not on my lvl and he's mexican

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
okay so we just got done playing forward and umm I really dont think anyone is as good as that guy up in NE

Echo

Smash Champion
lol i'm not gonna comment... its christmas :) Wouldn't be the first time I've beat someone that thought I sucked, though.

nrxia

Smash Rookie
11 days until the tournament! So far we've only got a couple of registrants. Seeing how it has worked in the psat though, no one registers until the last minute.

As far as registration goes, we're not separating Singles and Teams anymore. To make things easier, $20 for preregister gets you into the tournament for both events whether you choose to participate in them or not.

If we get at least 40 people, here are our prizes:

Singles:
1st - $120
2nd - $85
3rd - $35

Teams:
1st - $120 per person
2nd - $85 per person
3rd - $35 per person

If we get more than 60, the prizes should be higher. If we get fewer than 40, unfortunately the prizes will be based on our percentages.

Hope to see you guys there!

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah, but the way things are looking, we will have well over 40 people. As well as plenty of advertising this time around, and more word got around to out of staters. So that definetely isnt a problem.

I like the way you'll be doing this though, I was always dissapointed seeing the low doubles prizes, but that doesnt look like that will be a problem anymore. <3

edit - and yeah, you're right. No one registers until the day before, I do it too :D

Top Bottom