• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFC3 - Omaha, Nebraska - January 6, 2007!!

Echo

Smash Champion
NFC3
Nintendo Fight Club 3

About NFC
Nintendo Fight Club is a series of Tournaments provided and sponsored by the Gamers corporation, featuring Super Smash Brothers Melee. NFC's not only consist of the traditional Doubles and Singles tournaments, but also a FFA tournament for fun at the end of the event, for those who want to participate. Gamers also provides an impressive showing of 18 Full Setups with 20", flat screen TVs, to ensure a smooth, effecient, and timely tournament experience.

If you'd like to know any more about Gamers, inc. You can reach their website by simply following this link.

The Digz - 4428 S 140th Street - Omaha, NE, 68137
*Note: I suggest clicking the link Above for help finding it, it can be difficult to find if its your first time there.
Though the Gaming side of the site hasnt been updated for about a year now, The Digz is a very large facility, and is the home of many events, such as live concerts, volleyball, video games, etc...
The Digz offers a very large room for the tournaments, probably enough to hold a potential 300 setups comfortably. This place is big. I mean real big. Bring as many people as you want, it wont fill up, trust me. Theres usually a Basketball hoop or Volleyball net up too so if you have time to kill you can always have a good time with those. There is also a bar with a very wide selection of Food/Drink, so if you don't feel like leaving the venue for food, they've gotcha covered.

Tournament Fees
The Gamers corporation offers the chance for you to Pre-Register for their gaming events, and NFC3 is to be no exception. You can Pre-Register for the event either at your Local Gamers store, or online at GoGamers.com.
Pre-Registering for the event will result in you paying a lower entry fee:
Without Pre-Registration
Singles - 15$ Per Person
Doubles - 10$ Per Person/20$ Per Team

With Pre-Registration
Singles - 10$ Per Person
Doubles - 5$ Per Person/10$ Per Team
*Note: The Flyer says 20$ to Pre-Register, and 30$ Without Pre-Registration... But it pretty much comes to what I've posted above. It would be 20$ for you to Pre-Reg for Singles, and pay for both you and your teammate to play in Doubles.

Prizes
CASH!!! - Its what everyone comes for! Obviously the pot grows with attendence, and is generally split 50/35/15, though a portion of it is put towards paying for the venue, respectively.

In the past, Gamers has also given out additional prizes such at T-Shirts, trophies, and other things of the sort, and you can expect to see that once again here at NFC3.

Tournament Rules
Being an experienced Tournament Director, as well as others to be in attendance, you can be promised a fair tournament experience by people that know what they're doing, get it done right, and with no hassle. Keep in mind that Round Robin pools are scheduled to be done, but if there is a lower attendence, seeding may possibly be done by crew/location.​

Singles Tournament Rules
-Round Robin Pools into a 32-Man Bracket. As it stands atm, there will be 1 set of pools, but if there is an abundance of people, there will be 2 sets of pools. Either way the top 32 will be seeded into bracket.
-You will be put into pools seperated by your crew/location/group of friends, but otherwise randomly.
-The Tournament will be Double Elimination.
-All matches, except for Finals, will be best 2 out of 3. Finals will be best 3 out of 5.
-Banned/Allowed Stages are listed Below.
-All matches will be 4 Stock, with an 8 Minute Time Limit. In the event of a tie in stock, matches will be decided by percentage.
-Items will be turned OFF.

Doubles Tournament Rules
-There will be 1 set of Round Robin Pools to seed the top 32 players.
-You will be put into pools seperated by your crew/location/group of friends, but otherwise randomly.
-The tournament will be Double Elimination.
-All Matches, except for Finals, will be best 2 out of 3. Finals will be best 3 out of 5.
-Banned/Allowed Stages are listed Below.
-All matches will be 4 Stock, with a 10 Minute Time Limit. In the event of a tie in stock, matches will be decided by percentage.
-Team attack will be ON.
-Items will be turned OFF.

Stage & Character Selection
-The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.
-No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
-After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.
-After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
-For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Advanced Stage Selection info
-The following stages will be on random selection for the Singles Tournament: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.
-The Following stages will be on the random selection for the Doubles Tournament: Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.
In an attempt to make the playable stages more organized, I have seperated them not into what is banned, but what is allowed:
-Stages Playable in the Singles Tournament: Battlefield, Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokemon Stadium, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, and Battlefield.
-Stages Playable in the Doubles Tournament: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium, Poke Floats, Final Destination, Dreamland 64.
-The rest of the stages will be completely banned from tournament play.

Other Rules
-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

*Note: Please BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. If you don't, you'd better hope you have a friend to lend you one, we aren't responsible for you.

Some Pictures from Past NFC Events

I greatly encourage any Out of State participation, it's always great to see entrants from other states, and also adds alot of fun and another level of competition. Hope to see you all there!

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
First post dammnnn I own. I did'nt make the last one, but I'll make this one. Gotta get some OoSers to this

Uli

Smash Champion
i do beleive it is on the 6! but you should ask gamers, and everyone should come to this :D

Echo

Smash Champion
I talked to Ryno about the date, he said it will be the 27th. I also added the flyer to the first post, but its not finished yet, they wanted to do something with it x_x

Echo

Smash Champion
nevermind, i talked to Gamers, its back to the 6th! lol

that works better though, now UNL can come, right Legion? :D

Edit - Also, Pre-Registration is now available online or at any Gamers Location, if anyone wants to get started on that.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Kintehr, everyone including you should come to this because i'm guaranteed to be coming to this event since its not much of a drive for me or my friends so it would be great to get most of iowa to come to this.

is anyone holding a fest?

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
A yo how are any OoS gonna come when there are'nt any pictures of Nebraska's premire player
I mean there should be a picture of just ME chillen right there ya know. Plus that will bring more chicks to this as well. :laugh:

N64

Smash Champion
I should still be in town for xmas break when this happens, so if lawrence/kc go I'll definately be there.

Echo

Smash Champion
lol Leon, the only pic I have of you is the one of you just sleepin at SMYM5. Maybe this time you should get into some pics, then we can put one up ***** :p

good to hear, N64... I'm sure kc/law should have no trouble in coming, I mean, people like our money :( lol but the more people, the better, so its all good.

JBM, chances are somethin might happen at Smeesh's G-ma's again, but i'm not exactly sure. something always happens the night before though, its just a question of where.

nrxia

Smash Rookie
I'ma be hosting it with my Gamers crew!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me or drop me an email.

The official date is the 6th of January, officially.

Also, correction on the prizes part: the official break-down is 50/35/15 with the pot depending on the amount of people that sign up.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hey Zeal, I'll post some specifications and details about costs for this tournament. Cause it seems like we can definetly get this roadtrip set up. I'll edit this post when I get the stuff posted.

Ok, here's how its going down. From Nite's house to the venue, this trip will be 532 miles. Or 7 hours and 20 minutes. Keep in mind this is only for a single trip there. So the actual round trip, not counting gas stops or anything will be 1,064 miles or 14 hours and 40 minutes.

Now for right now I'll just say that your car/van w/e form of transportation has a tank for 20 gallons of gas, and our transportation can go 20 MPG(miles per gallon). This means that it will take 53.2 gallons of gas for the whole trip not counting anything else. our cost for unleaded gas is 2.09 and premium is 2.39. I'll just round up and say its 2.50. So this means that the cost for gas would only be $135!!!

Now I took into account a car with only 15MPG and the cost for gas and the round trip would be $177. And thats still cheap as hell IMO.

Now with just 4 people that would be about $45-50 just for gas. And $20 is for the tournament, so it would bring a grand total of about $70 for each person. Now counting food and stuff(I'm not sure about housing, hopefully we can get free housing and house with one of the NE smashers?) I'm guessing that if only 4 people are going they should all bring ~85-100$ each. So I think that we can definetly do this, the only problem I'm seeing is the date. I have no clue if January 6th is falling on a school weekend or on a break. If it is on a break I say hell lets do this, but I can't go if it falls on a school week(even on a weekend, considering I get like a billion homeworks a day and my personal project will probably be due sometime in January) then I won't be able to go.

Right now I'm seeing me, Tony, and Rafa going. But I'm just throwing this out to you guys so we can all plan for this a month earlier. I'm also throwing out that with more people the price for gas and food should be less(Jerris, Yang, Boulder smashers, Nite, Ken, etc.)

Now if anyone see any problem in my math PLEASE CORRECT ME IMMEDIATELY!!! I don't want to get the CO people's hope's up for nothing. Also, I'm kind of sleepy as of now, and this whole post could very well be completely wrong. So help me look for the errors please.

Here is the link to the driving directions for clarification: http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?new...ntry=us&tcsz=Omaha,+NE+68137-4502&tcountry=us

Now with Victor possibly going to the Azone tourney, the cost for 3 people would be about $60 dollars for gas, which is still not bad at all! However the Azone tourney might yield more competition and cash prize so here's the driving directions from Nite's to their venue at NE: http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?new...17&country=us&tcsz=Mesa,+AZ+85202&tcountry=us

BUT, flying is another option. And also we could probably go to NE, while Victor goes to AZ. So what do you guys think? Reply so we can get a planning session.

What is the turnout expectation? As well as the number of participants expected for this tourney NE?

You know that I can't pass up a tournament in my own backyard (figuratively speaking). I'm sure I can wrangle up the Schuyler crew. And with any luck, the full Team Papaya Man will be there too, ready to kick some ***.

Echo

Smash Champion
spiritdragon - Its good that you're overestimating things so you make sure you have enough money, but I can gaurentee you it wont be near that much.

-Most vehicles will get you more than 20mpg on the interstate.
-I dont know what gas over in Omaha is, but I know here in Columbus its down to 2.04, and should be similar in many other places.
-No charge for housing
-food isnt that much :p

We do trips with 4/5 people all the time and it never costs that much, i mean for that kind of drive i dont see anyone putting in over 20$ in gas for you.

On the housing note, theres 2 ways it could go. I kinda live on your way, being in Columbus which is an hour n a half to 2 hours West of Omaha. Theres always a get together in Omaha before a tournament, so i'm sure there is no problem with that if you guys want to get there the night before, and for Saturday night, you could either stay in Omaha again (which you would have to run by everyone else)... or you could stay at my place in Columbus which puts you a bit more west anyhow. Its really up to you or anyone else, but i'm just saying you guys are gaurenteed housing.

Overall I'd say if you had 50$... you'll be covered just fine, and might even have some left over, unless you eat alot.

The turnout is looking very well so far, this hasnt been up for too long, and we're pretty sure of 2 different crews from Kansas, and then Missiouri, as well as Iowa, and alot of advertising here in Nebraska and should be able to get quite a bit. I've also talked to Wiconsin and they're gonna see what they can do. Ultimately I see this being really big, but Im not just gonna throw out an estimate... not just yet anyway. I'm gonna check in with gamers to see if they have their commercial ready for it... I know they've already started with flyers.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i should really beg my parents to go and also i gotta check if i'm still on break because our school is weird and we have finals after winter break so........

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal again:

**** Ferdi, I love you so much right now. I can definitely get that much together by then. I'll ask about the van when I get back home.

NE, sorry about the bad impressions we gave each other. Hopefully this'll be a good chance to get to know nearby states, as well as test our skills (CO's been stagnant for far too long). Have you guys alerted Utah yet? It'd be badass if we could get them to come as well.

Echo

Smash Champion
btw everyone feel free to work this tight *** sig I made... I see Leon has already noticed its great fashion lol.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
other states coming to this tourney... wow im amazed, this is awesome.... yeah it would be cool to meet all you colorado guys and play some new competition... hopefully word of mouth keeps on spreading and other states come as well... come on CA lol

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
i'll go, i just need a bit more money.

It's on the 6th so but i don't have school again till like the 8th or 9th.
Tony, you better get your van ready.

When is the deadline for registering?
I can't register because it is blocked at my school and i have not internet.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Allright! It seems that the only way for me to be able to make this is if we go during Friday(I still have school that day so I could be at Nite's house by around 4:30 pm), get housing, then play the tourney at Sat. and then immediately leave after the tourney, or not but we need to be back by Sunday. Then my parents can simply pick me up during sunday and everything will be good :)

Now this is purely sceptical since I don't know if anything will be happening on this particular weekend. And I still don't have your van specs Tony, all I really need is the MPG though. Either way, try to come to this Yang, the more the better because then we each will have to pay less and we can do crews.

Echo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Pre-Registration goes until the day before the tournament, I walked into gamers the night before NFC2 and did it, so i'm sure this should be no different. I can't do it online cuz i dont have a credit card :(

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I don't have a credit card :(

Ferdi- that sounds good, the only one who might complain is tony since he'd be driving all the way. I also have to be back cuz of school on monday.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
I'll be turning 18 on Dec 30 so I might be able to do some of the driving if I get my licence before the tournament (still need to get the 50 hours of drive time). If I do go with you guys I also have to be back by Monday because thats the first day of school after winter break.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Allright, looks like everyone WILL need to be back by sunday, and Mike could possibly provide you with the help of driving there Tony. I'll work this out with my parents A.S.A.P.

Remember guys, since I have school on Friday the soonest I can be at Nite's is 4:30 p.m.

So I don't know if we'll be able to pre-reg. Can we have one of the NE guys do it for us the day before or what?

Echo

Smash Champion
I'd be willing to pre-reg you, sure... but i'll probably procrastinate until the day before the tourney or something lol... you'd have to PM me all your personal info like real Name, address/phone number all that crap they make you have, then you'll owe me 15$ when you get here, each of you, of course.

nrxia

Smash Rookie
50/35/15 pot split huh why the change in the cut
We just figured it'd be a better spread. A little less for first a little more for 2nd and a little more for 3rd. A lot of people come from out of state to play so we'd like to offer them a little more than gas money if you don't take first. 50/35/15 is also how I've been told to break it down by my bosses, so I'll go with it.

BTW, We love the NFC3 banners. Awesome work and a very true statement!

nrxia

Smash Rookie
We plan on stopping pre-registration the night before the tournament so everyone should have plenty of time to get pre-registered. We've made the registration fees less confusing too: One flat fee to get in and that registers you for both Singles and Doubles.

I'm not sure if we'll be doing a TV commercial seeing as we tend to get a lot of people from out of state and our commercial will only be played locally. Also seeing as this is the holiday season there'll be a lot of other work for us to do and an NFC3 commercial won't be the highest thing on my boss' lists. If we have the time, I'd love to throw something together.

So here's my question: Does anyone have any good jokes relating to Smash or Nintendo?

Top Bottom