• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think if Miis didn't exist, an avatar of some kind would eventually take on the role of custom character. It would probably take a while because Nintendo doesn't have an MMO, but the protagonists of WoW or Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn would probably work quite well for the idea.
That reminds me of something I had a small issue with. I don’t think it was ever entirely realistic to add so I’m not really too bothered but it would have been cool. I wish there was more customization in the avatar characters in Smash. My Robin in Awakening, for example, looked and sounded nothing like the default one we got in Smash. It would have been cool to play as the specific Robin I went through the game with. Again, I think that would have taken too much work to be worth the effort but I could get behind avatar characters more if they at least carried over that aspect.

ScrubReborn

Smash Apprentice
Since we're talking Mii variants. I gotta echo the common sentiment that we should not be going overboard with Miis given at the end of the day, we're still playing this game for our favorite gaming characters and not the OCs. I get the Miis help with representing more series, but I think most potential choices are more or less covered with the three we have.

Now that being said, I WOULD be open to a Mii Mage. I feel that that's the last class idea with some potential, and no, I don't think Mii Gunner renders it obsolete. A proper Mage does more than just throw projectiles around. If they do it proper, then I feel Mage justifies its spot. Even then, I wouldn't take one over a new pre-existing character.

...and I'm sorry but once we start getting to **** like "Mii Athlete", then we're just being completely ridiculous. Not every little micro-niche of fighter needs a Mii.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That reminds me of something I had a small issue with. I don’t think it was ever entirely realistic to add so I’m not really too bothered but it would have been cool. I wish there was more customization in the avatar characters in Smash. My Robin in Awakening, for example, looked and sounded nothing like the default one we got in Smash. It would have been cool to play as the specific Robin I went through the game with. Again, I think that would have taken too much work to be worth the effort but I could get behind avatar characters more if they at least carried over that aspect.
I would atleast be cool for the minecraft characters! And it shouldnt be to hard to implement!

Since we're talking Mii variants. I gotta echo the common sentiment that we should not be going overboard with Miis given at the end of the day, we're still playing this game for our favorite gaming characters and not the OCs. I get the Miis help with representing more series, but I think most potential choices are more or less covered with the three we have.

Now that being said, I WOULD be open to a Mii Mage. I feel that that's the last class idea with some potential, and no, I don't think Mii Gunner renders it obsolete. A proper Mage does more than just throw projectiles around. If they do it proper, then I feel Mage justifies its spot. Even then, I wouldn't take one over a new pre-existing character.

...and I'm sorry but once we start getting to **** like "Mii Athlete", then we're just being completely ridiculous. Not every little micro-niche of fighter needs a Mii.
Whats your opinion on a "FERAL MII" basically a mii on all fours attacking with diffrent animal moves! That could justify some animal based character costumes?

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Yeah, I’d much rather see the time and resources go to actual established characters than more Mii variants but I’m open to getting a mage at least as well. The fact that I’m not a fan of Mii’s visual design means I’ll probably never really care about them myself but I understand a lot of players love them and a mage makes sense as another archetype for more crossovers.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Yeah. The Mii Gunner exclusively focuses on technological weapons, and the Mii Mage would be different by virtue of instead focusing on the arcane and various spells.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here’s a hypothetical question: Assuming that Miis never existed, do you think Smash would have ever gotten a traditional character creator?
Probably not.

...I am genuinely baffled. Do you just not consider summoners to be mages?
I don't consider them to be the same moveset archetype. Whether a summoner is technically a wizard or not depends on the individual series they came from.

But a "projectile spellcaster" is a different moveset archetype than a "puppeteer" character. Most summoners in fighting games fall into the latter category.

When I picture a Mii Mage, I imagine staff-based normals. Various elemental projectiles for their Neutral, Up and Side Specials. And a selection of offbeat "utility" moves like Heal or status effects for their Down Specials.

Do you guys have a most wanted mage character if we did get one? Mine is Magus from Chrono Trigger.
One of my most wanted Mii Mage outfits, for sure.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon has taught me that being able to customize each and every individual move is not really the best idea because you could end up with some really absurd stuff.
WWF No Mercy taught me that being able to customize each and every individual move IS the best idea.

You just...can't allow them in tournaments and ranked play.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Probably not.

I don't consider them to be the same moveset archetype. Whether a summoner is technically a wizard or not depends on the individual series they came from.

But a "projectile spellcaster" is a different moveset archetype than a "puppeteer" character. Most summoners in fighting games fall into the latter category.

When I picture a Mii Mage, I imagine staff-based normals. Various elemental projectiles for their Neutral, Up and Side Specials. And a selection of offbeat "utility" moves like Heal or status effects for their Down Specials.

One of my most wanted Mii Mage outfits, for sure.

WWF No Mercy taught me that being able to customize each and every individual move IS the best idea.
How would you classify Yuna in Dissidia? She’s canonically a summoner in Final Fantasy X, but in Dissidia, the Aeon just appears for one quick attack and disappears afterwards. So she’s not really a puppeteer in the same way as Rosalina. The closest mechanically I can think of in Smash right now is Bayonetta’s smash attacks. She’s obviously flavorfully a summoner but pretty different mechanically than what we have now.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How would you classify Yuna in Dissidia?
She's essentially a White Mage/Summoner hybrid.

She’s canonically a summoner but in Final Fantasy game, the Aeon just appears for one quick attack and disappears afterwards.
That's not AT ALL how summons work in FFX. That's how they worked in earlier FF games. But in FFX, when you do a summon, it replaces your party and you actually control the summon and choose it's actions for several rounds until it runs out of energy.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
She's essentially a White Mage/Summoner hybrid.

That's not AT ALL how summons work in FFX. That's how they worked in earlier FF games. But in FFX, when you do a summon, it replaces your party and you actually control the summon and choose it's actions for several rounds until it runs out of energy.
Yeah, I worded that wrong lol. I fixed it now. I beat Final Fantasy X four times so I know how Yuna’s summons work in that game. I was talking about how they work in Dissidia. That’s what I get for going back and editing words without rereading my whole post. I end up with something that doesn’t make any sense when you read the whole thing. My bad.

Here’s a short video of her Dissidia gameplay I’m referring to:

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Mage characters, I’m surprised I haven’t seen (or just missed) mention of Black Mage being added outright.
If we get a Black Mage, I’d like Vivi specifically. He was a really great character in FFIX and kept most elements of the standard class outfit. My top choice for FFIX is still Garnet since she was my favorite but Vivi would be great too.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
I rather have Black Mage as the Black Mage and not any specific character like how they did for Smash Flash 2

Also the best way to improve the Miis is to give them their customization from Smash 4 back like height, width etc regardless of competitive play, customizable colors and also bring the Miitopia customization for the Miis in general.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we get a Black Mage, I’d like Vivi specifically. He was a really great character in FFIX and kept most elements of the standard class outfit. My top choice for FFIX is still Garnet since she was my favorite but Vivi would be great too.
Going off the big popularity poll, Vivi is... Actually really popular
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/All_Final_Fantasy_Big_Vote
1728924364727.png

Little guy's in the top five, even above the main character of his own game. A generic Black Mage could work just fine, but from what I can gather Vivi's a pretty standard Black Mage while still being a beloved character in his own right. Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, honestly

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Lord
View attachment 395201
Little guy's in the top five, even above the main character of his own game. A generic Black Mage could work just fine, but from what I can gather Vivi's a pretty standard Black Mage while still being a beloved character in his own right. Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, honestly
All I'm seeing out of this poll is Yuna being a sleeper pick given X ranked as the most popular game ahead of VII and Yuna being the highest ranked character from X and 2nd highest ranked character after Cloud in general.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
All I'm seeing out of this poll is Yuna being a sleeper pick given X ranked as the most popular game ahead of VII and Yuna being the highest ranked character from X and 2nd highest ranked character after Cloud in general.
Oh, most certainly. I'm not a Final Fantasy superfan, but from what I've heard it seems like FFX is one of the most beloved titles in the series. I do know that Tidus is the main character of FFX, but Yuna's still the deuteragonist of that game, and the main character of the direct sequel, on top of being one of the most popular characters in the whole franchise. That's a pretty solid resume

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oh, most certainly. I'm not a Final Fantasy superfan, but from what I've heard it seems like FFX is one of the most beloved titles in the series. I do know that Tidus is the main character of FFX, but Yuna's still the deuteragonist of that game, and the main character of the direct sequel, on top of being one of the most popular characters in the whole franchise. That's a pretty solid resume
Final Fantasy X is my second favorite in the series after IX and still one of my favorite games overall. From a personal standpoint, Yuna is actually my least favorite character in the game. Not that I don’t like her, just that I really like everyone else. She would have the most interesting moveset from that game though so I’d love to see her for that reason. I think FFX and FFVIII had the coolest designs for the summons and there isn’t really a dedicated summoner from FVIII since any character could use any summon in that game. I think Yuna would be a really cool way to see the summons in Smash.

My favorite character from FFX is Lulu. She’d be pretty interesting in her own right. Basically being a hybrid between Rosalina and Robin. She could send out her moogle doll for physical attacks like the Luma as well as traditional elemental spellcasting like Robin. So still a cool and interesting moveset but probably not to the level of a summoner like Yuna.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 395201
Oh hey would you look at that 6th place...

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
While we're still on the Miis, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with the argument that'd it shouldn't happen for balance reasons. I absolutely agree with the fact that it would be time consuming and difficult to balance, but the only part of actual concern (that I agree with) is the time-consuming part.

Sakurai and co. have taken the time to figure out more tedious things like :ultsteve:'s gimmicks (they took every stage in the game into account for crying out loud,) so while it'd definitely take time, I don't think it's unfeasible.

I also don't think the Miis need to be as finely tuned balance wise as the rest of the cast. By virtue of being custom characters to begin with, the chances for broken combinations were already there and they were still willing to go along with them. The scope is smaller in its current state, but I still think adding more customization to the Miis is more focused and manageable that something like universal custom moves like they attempted in Smash 4.

That and at the end of the day, you can just bar them from Ranked Matches (or online play entirely) and the competitive community will decide for themselves on whether to legalize them for tournaments.

I'll also reiterate once again, that much like Home Run Contest or Stage Builder (which also needs an overhaul imo) I don't think you need Miis to be ready for the launch of base game, allowing for more wiggle room if needed.

The main and only argument I will agree with though, is again, the time/resources aspect. If time spent on Miis could have gone into other proper characters, then of course I'd want more actual characters. I'd much rather get a couple more newcomers or keep some vets off the chopping block over having Miis in the game.

I also want to defend the idea of more classes, particularly the "Mii Athlete" or just a plain Mii. The way Smash chose to handle Miis by putting them into loose fighter archetypes was a good call imo. Like Mario, Miis are characters you can stick into almost anything an adapt them accordingly, so the classes loosely based on existing fighters is not only fitting for Smash but also resourceful by allowing for a lot of recycling of assets. (Which is also another point I'd argue in favor of making each move customizable.)

This properly adapts Miis into fighters, but I still there's value and plenty of ways "sillier" archetypes like a "standard" Mii or Mii Athlete can work. It's not like Smash isn't a goofy game full of silly concepts to begin with and we've got plenty of "non-fighters" already, well, fighting.

Plus, if not as their own classes, the former two could exist within the Brawler class itself (adding yet another way to expand on the move set customization.)

You could give :ultbrawler: options like:

:ultness: F-Smash but change the bat to one from Wii Sports.
:ultpeach::ultdaisy: Tennis.
:ultbowser::ultincineroar: F-Smash (among a handful of other moves) to try and build a more wrestling themed character.
:ultlittlemac:Covers boxing, though you could also potentially pull jab from :ultvillager: and speaking of, Villager could offer some goofy moves like dropping the bowling ball for Smash (a lot of F-Smash examples, but you get the idea.)

You could even recycle/repurpose some items. The Beastball could be turned into a baseball pitch neutral special (but weaker, and without the teleporting of course.)

The primary focus is still unarmed brawling, but having a few projectiles and prop moves in the vein of a beat 'em character (or fighting game depending on the move) wouldn't hurt imo.

The same then applies to :ultgunner: and:ultswordfighter:. There's plenty more they can pull from, both off the existing fighters and maybe some items or even AT's if they can find anything suitable.

That's not to say they can't/shouldn't have any completely new moves, but recycling what they can would be the first step.

Maybe I should make a post going in depth for each class?

tl;dr

Miis would be more interesting if customization was more in-depth, but I agree that that time is better spent elsewhere. But if they do keep coming back, then not expanding on them even a little would be disappointing. I'm conflicted.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think the Miis will just stay the same next game and receive rebalancing just like anyone else would, potentially with a handful of new specials or replaced specials, basically exactly how they went from 4 to Ultimate.

I don't think they're going to make it so that Miis can customize every move or bring back the height/weight thing, nor do I think there are going to be more Mii types. I think they'll come back as long as the Mii Maker does, but considering Miis have been getting less spotlight as time goes on (the Switch even hid the Mii Maker nested in menus rather than a Home Screen feature like on the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U), I doubt they'll get anything huge.

I would like for them to get the Miitopia style Mii Creator to really allow people to flesh out their custom characters, but I have doubts the team will implement something like that.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That’s almost certain for at least the next console. if it’s backwards compatible, then they’d kinda need one with how many Switch games use Miis.
Yeah, I figure it will too. I do hope, since I’m hoping we go back to a Brawl-style ratio of mostly brand new stages, that we get a stage based on Miitopia though, especially since it was like the only Mii-focused game we got during the Switch era unless I’m forgetting something lol

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Yeah, I figure it will too. I do hope, since I’m hoping we go back to a Brawl-style ratio of mostly brand new stages, that we get a stage based on Miitopia though, especially since it was like the only Mii-focused game we got during the Switch era unless I’m forgetting something lol
As long as those stages have fun and interesting layouts and aren’t overly gimmicky with hazards, I’d gladly welcome a lot more new stages over the less exciting returning ones. I feel like Ultimate’s new stages were kind of boring as a whole and Smash 4’s were too far in the opposite direction. I’d love to see a good balance like many of the Smash 64 and Melee stages. Those games still haven’t been surpassed as far as stage design goes in my opinion.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
As long as those stages have fun and interesting layouts and aren’t overly gimmicky with hazards, I’d gladly welcome a lot more new stages over the less exciting returning ones. I feel like Ultimate’s new stages were kind of boring as a whole and Smash 4’s were too far in the opposite direction. I’d love to see a good balance like many of the Smash 64 and Melee stages. Those games still haven’t been surpassed as far as stage design goes in my opinion.
I'm just tired of playing on a ton of the same stages since like Brawl, some even earlier. I realized recently that Temple has been in every game (except 3DS, but Wii U became the main one I played as soon as it came out lol) since it was introduced in Melee, so a stage I dislike has been sitting there on the roster for the last 23 years and frankly:

1728933937866.png

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Damn, didn't think I'd meet a Temple hater.

I have too many childhood memories for me to ever not love the stage, from trying to make a black hole to, well, everything relating to the Fight Club. It's the only good "giant" stage and I always like to have it around. Especially with 8-Player Smash being a thing and thus giving it even more reason to stick around.

But hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it. And that's fine. It's why we have options in stages.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Damn, didn't think I'd meet a Temple hater.

I have too many childhood memories for me to ever not love the stage, from trying to make a black hole to, well, everything relating to the Fight Club. It's the only good "giant" stage and I always like to have it around. Especially with 8-Player Smash being a thing and thus giving it even more reason to stick around.

But hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it. And that's fine. It's why we have options in stages.
I mean I like it more than GCO and Palutena's Temple (GCO is way too ****ing big imo and Palutena's Temple feels really slapdash like half of it was made in Brawl's Stage Builder and then given new textures rather than actually being anything from Kid Icarus), I just generally don't like the overly big stages, especially since every stage can be used with 8-Player Smash now, they just feel kind of unnecessary to me personally? Like I enjoy the chaos of 8-Player sometimes, but I don't know why I'd wanna go to a giant stage where everyone will sort of segment off into little group bouts instead of just everyone swinging at everyone I guess lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean I like it more than GCO and Palutena's Temple (GCO is way too ****ing big imo and Palutena's Temple feels really slapdash like half of it was made in Brawl's Stage Builder and then given new textures rather than actually being anything from Kid Icarus), I just generally don't like the overly big stages, especially since every stage can be used with 8-Player Smash now, they just feel kind of unnecessary to me personally? Like I enjoy the chaos of 8-Player sometimes, but I don't know why I'd wanna go to a giant stage where everyone will sort of segment off into little group bouts instead of just everyone swinging at everyone I guess lol
Maybe you're right and this stage is ****ing godawful with my stance being purely out of nostalgic memories. :4pacman:

But I'd say the nostalgia alone is worth bringing it back over and over. And really, the fact that fights can be split off is exactly why giant stages still have a place in Smash. While stages are often resized in 8-Player Smash, they still feel hella small and I sometimes have a lot of trouble keeping up.

Is it a skill issue for me to not keep up with 8-Player Smash? Does that make me a bad gamer? Maybe it does. Maybe I am a ****ing noob for it.

But I still like that there are options that make 8-Player Smash less chaotic for those who might need it (like me). It's unforunate that Temple is the only one of those options that's fun to play on though...

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Maybe you're right and this stage is ****ing godawful with my stance being purely out of nostalgic memories. :4pacman:

But I'd say the nostalgia alone is worth bringing it back over and over. And really, the fact that fights can be split off is exactly why giant stages still have a place in Smash. While stages are often resized in 8-Player Smash, they still feel hella small and I sometimes have a lot of trouble keeping up.

Is it a skill issue for me to not keep up with 8-Player Smash? Does that make me a bad gamer? Maybe it does. Maybe I am a ****ing noob for it.

But I still like that there are options that make 8-Player Smash less chaotic for those who might need it (like me). It's unforunate that Temple is the only one of those options that's fun to play on though...
I mean that's all fair, but Temple has been sticking around for nearly a quarter of a century now so I'd rather get new stages that can accommodate that style of 8-Player Smash that I might potentially like instead of bringing back three stages that I really don't.

Basically my opinion of Temple is the same as my opinion of SNES Mario Circuit 3 in Mario Kart. It's fine for what it is, I'm just tired of seeing it pretty much every game because I think it's very bland (and even then Mario Circuit 3 had a big break in appearances between Wii and Tour I think) lol

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean that's all fair, but Temple has been sticking around for nearly a quarter of a century now so I'd rather get new stages that can accommodate that style of 8-Player Smash that I might potentially like instead of bringing back three stages that I really don't.

Basically my opinion of Temple is the same as my opinion of SNES Mario Circuit 3 in Mario Kart. It's fine for what it is, I'm just tired of seeing it pretty much every game because I think it's very bland (and even then Mario Circuit 3 had a big break in appearances between Wii and Tour I think) lol
That's funny because I feel the same way about Waluigi Pinball.

Very peak track but the only game it missed since its inception is Wii. Can we use something else?

I am hiding in a bunker now. The people's pitchforks can't hurt me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's funny because I feel the same way about Waluigi Pinball.

Very peak track but the only game it missed since its inception is Wii. Can we use something else?

I am hiding in a bunker now. The people's pitchforks can't hurt me.
I'll be honest, in the Booster Course Pass, even though I love Pinball and think it's a ton of fun, I would've preferred something like Airship Fortress, but mostly because Waluigi Pinball is the only exception to Mario Kart 8's whole "every stage has a different music track" thing that was a series first until Pinball used the same music track as DS Wario Stadium from the base game lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'll be honest, in the Booster Course Pass, even though I love Pinball and think it's a ton of fun, I would've preferred something like Airship Fortress, but mostly because Waluigi Pinball is the only exception to Mario Kart 8's whole "every stage has a different music track" thing that was a series first until Pinball used the same music track as DS Wario Stadium from the base game lol
They should've made a more retro-sounding version of the song because similar beats are sometimes shared between tracks as well. Look at Mario Kart Stadium and Mario Circuit, for example.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
What Temple has over Palutena's Temple and even New Pork City is actual design imo. Those two really feel like random splashes of platforms sometimes, while in Temple it feels like each section of the stage has a purpose.
Great Cave Offensive isn't that good either but I love the vintage Kirby aesthetics there.

Potted Plant

Smash Rookie
They should've made a more retro-sounding version of the song because similar beats are sometimes shared between tracks as well. Look at Mario Kart Stadium and Mario Circuit, for example.
Could've at least given us the gutter ball sound effect in an update. Like, the Shy Guy parking lot thing was much more effort than that, and they still did it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For Great Cave Offensive, I think it just needs additional respawn points so that characters spawn near the other players in the lower area. As it stands, because the main respawn point is at the top, almost all fights are simply done at the top.

Palutena's Temple IMO needs something similar, with a respawn point near the bottom, but a bit of extra platforms between the two bottom areas would be good too.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I love the aesthetics of Great Cave offensive but the stage is so big that I often lose track of where my character is. I really like the idea of huge stages but they can be tricky to design well in practice. Temple from Melee is probably my favorite Smash stage of all time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh hey Ys X is finally coming out in the West soon. Compared to the previous games' party systems, Ys X trims it down to just Adol and newcomer Karja, on top of a couple cool new gadgets in a grappling hook and what's basically a magic hoverboard. You can also enter Duo Mode, which expends more energy in exchange for Adol and Karja working together to deal massive damage. There's also a neat little contrast of Adol having fire magic and Karja having ice magic.

Also, naval combat. Now Adol's ship sinking count can multiply tenfold

In the rare chance we get a Falcom rep that's specifically Adol over a Trails character, I'm 90% sure they'd focus on just a generalized Adol moveset, but a team fighter that's also a duo fighter would certainly be fun to mess around with

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I love the aesthetics of Great Cave offensive but the stage is so big that I often lose track of where my character is. I really like the idea of huge stages but they can be tricky to design well in practice. Temple from Melee is probably my favorite Smash stage of all time.
Speaking of the Great Offensive, and I mean the original Kirby game, that's the kind of story mode I'd like in the next Smash. Not too linear, neither too complicated.

Top Bottom