• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I have no idea if this will be a hot take, but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe getting new DLC makes me think that Fighter's Pass 3 might be a possibility.

It seems that Nintendo's way to sell the NSO Expansion Pass is to play the long game and slowly increase its value by adding new DLCs for popular games. Giving Animal Crossing a full expansion pass was a good first step. But doubling the amount of content in a game that concluded development five years ago that just so happens to be the Switch's best seller by far? Assuming that the Booster Course Pack was at least partially developed as an Expansion Pass advertising point, it seems that Nintendo really wants to increase the Expansion Pass' value.

I don't think it's that controversial to call Smash Ultimate the king of Nintendo DLC. With one or two exceptions, practically every Nintendo Direct that had an announcement relating to Ultimate's DLC opened with that announcement. Nintendo said that they were impressed by the sales of Fighter's Pass 1 before Hero and Banjo and Kazooie were announced. Fighter's Pass #1 did so well that Nintendo broke from their standard "one season of paid DLC per game" trend and greenlit the second Fighter's Pass. It's not a secret that Smash DLC does very, very well.

Of course, the big issue here is whether Sakurai would go for it. He seemed very done with Ultimate and I can't blame him, he had been working on Ultimate for almost 6 years and Smash for over a decade when Sora was released. Smash is his baby and Ultimate is still his magnum opus, I don't know if Sakurai would be cool with Nintendo reopening Ultimate's development without him, especially when he hasn't found a chosen successor. Maybe Nintendo and Sakurai worked out some non-directorial role for him. Alternatively, either Sakurai doesn't care or Nintendo doesn't care that Sakurai cares and the show goes on without him.

I wouldn't call Fighter's Pass 3 likely, but it feels possible.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
A new fighters pass been just as likely as it's always been technically, even with MK8D getting DLC like 3 years after Nintendo finally should have realized they were sitting on a cash cow... It's technically possible, as much as it would have been even without MK8D getting DLC, but still really unlikely. One thing to consider with smash and MK8D is that smash still ultimately received DLC... MK8D has had none which is suspicious for a game that has outsold it's Wii U equivalent by about 5 times. It's just really unlikely...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo's not predictable when it comes to DLC, that's just kinda how they are.

You can't really compare them to any other company that exists, they march to the beat of their own drum, even if it's a beat that no one else can understand.

Other companies rush to get DLC out the door asap to keep their game relevant post-launch

Nintendo? Sure, they 'may' do it, but then you get stuff like Super Mario Party or now MK8 getting it literally years after the games came out.

The only constant thing about Nintendo, is how unpredictable they are.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll get anymore substantial Smash content throughout the Switch's remaining lifecycle. I've said many of times that my preference for the next is that it's an Ultimate DX developed like a true Smash 6 with 3-4 years of AAA budget treatment for the Switch successor. In order for that to happen Sakurai and team will have to low-key start development basically now at this point if they plan to meet the system's launch window. That seems unreasonable to assume but it was the case with Smash 4 to Ultimate so I guess it's at least somewhat a possibility within the realm of reason. Sakurai did both say he wanted to continue adding to Ultimate's record for as long as he could and that it'd be best for us all to forget about him for a while (going low-key mode) so I don't know. I hope so but it still sucks when Smash goes into hibernation.

Basically the real meat of the speculation boils down to just how long is Nintendo okay with not having a dedicated Smash Bros game for their new console? The answer based on precedent is 1-2 years. If the console releases in 2025 like I think it will that means the latest we could expect the next entry is 2027. That's going to be a long time without Smash if that's the case. Would Nintendo potentially want to have a Smash closer to launch to help complement a Mario Kart 9? Who knows? It'd certainly position the game for another massive success that's for sure.

We'll have a better idea by observing Sakurai's career over the years. The longer we don't see anything from him the likelier it is that he's working on Smash 6. Even if he does do something if it's a smaller project there's still a good chance he's working on a Smash 6.

I wonder if those talks with Nintendo about the future of the series have already happened or not. If not I think they will actually happen sometime in the next couple of months.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
The DLC with MK8DX is kinda tricky as much of work and assets have already been developed for Tour anyway (not all, of course, Coconut Mall for example is not in Tour (yet)), so in a way the DLC seems... "convenient" and "easy", probably to let MK8DX just live a little bit longer. Personally I have no doubt that the next Mario Kart is under development as well, probably saved for a future console.

Smash I feel is in a different place now with FP2 ending just some months ago and the level of workload for a new pass being more significant, so I wouldn't expect FP3. But yeah, Nintendo is indeed quite unpredictable.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One thing I think goes under appreciated these days is how great GoldenEye’s soundtrack was. Pretty much every RARE game from back in the day had amazing music, from Battletoads, DKC, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, and more.

That’s one thing I feel is lacking in FPS games since then. Most other FPS games I’ve played mostly use ambience rather than catchy songs. GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, and Turok 2 are great examples of really good soundtracks in FPS games.

Here’s my favorite GoldenEye song and one of my favorite N64 songs in general:
Halo and Doom are known for their music as well. Hopefully by most FPS games you mean Call of Duty and Battlefield because even games like Bioshock and Wolfenstein have some stellar soundtracks.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Halo and Doom are known for their music as well. Hopefully by most FPS games you mean Call of Duty and Battlefield because even games like Bioshock and Wolfenstein have some stellar soundtracks.
Yeah, I was mostly thinking of Call of Duty and Battlefield. I played a lot of Borderlands 2 and 3 but don’t really remember any songs from those games. I suppose I haven’t played enough FPS games to make that judgement.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One thing to consider with smash and MK8D is that smash still ultimately received DLC... MK8D has had none which is suspicious for a game that has outsold it's Wii U equivalent by about 5 times. It's just really unlikely...
Also note that MK8D's Booster Course Pass is taking advantage of how Tour meant Nintendo had a bunch of racetrack models they could port. Even tracks that weren't in it seem to be using MKT's assets and visual direction. Smash doesn't have a mobile game with a bunch of fighters not in Ultimate, and even if it did I'd think their movesets would be too simple for the console game, thus requiring more work than just copypasting track models or making new ones with Tour's more simplistic visuals.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Also note that MK8D's Booster Course Pass is taking advantage of how Tour meant Nintendo had a bunch of racetrack models they could port. Even tracks that weren't in it seem to be using MKT's assets and visual direction. Smash doesn't have a mobile game with a bunch of fighters not in Ultimate, and even if it did I'd think their movesets would be too simple for the console game, thus requiring more work than just copypasting track models or making new ones with Tour's more simplistic visuals.
That definitely explains why the tracks look a bit worse than everything else in MK8, which looks shockingly good for a Wii U game based on a pretty cartoony series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
random idea

we’ll be getting more DLC for Ultimate. It just won’t be playable characters.

it’ll be smaller cosmetic stuff like stages, music packs and the like

idk about you but I’d shell out money happily for a “Song Pass” with each pack being from a random game they got song licensing rights for

Dinoman96

Smash Master
random idea

idk about you but I’d shell out money happily for a “Song Pass” with each pack being from a random game they got song licensing rights for
More characters would be great obv but I certainly wouldn't mind them going back and adding new music, stages and even modes, especially the latter. Ultimate already has 89 characters which is amazing, but like many others, I do wish there were more to do with those 89 fighters outside of fighting CPUs and people online (which obviously isn't very good). Besides those, all there really is are the stage editor and Home Run Contest.

TFW Metroid Dread got a dedicated boss battle mode before Ultimate

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
More characters would be great obv but I certainly wouldn't mind them going back and adding new music, stages and even modes, especially the latter. Ultimate already has 89 characters which is amazing, but like many others, I do wish there were more to do with those 89 fighters outside of fighting CPUs and people online (which obviously isn't very good). Besides those, all there really is are the stage editor and Home Run Contest.

TFW Metroid Dread got a dedicated boss battle mode before Ultimate
Dude I just discovered how much of a banger Red Sun from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is

When we got a spirit of Revengeance!Raiden but none of its badass music :c

so yeah I can think of some music packs from specific games to add. That being one of them.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, but then I remember how SEGA has cooler ninjas like Hotsuma.
As someone who didn't play Shinobi PS2, but played the heck out of Shinobi 3, the only cool Sega ninja for me is Joe Musashi. And Slade.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My idea for a song pass

Splatoon 2 & Octo Expansion (EDIT 3/16/23: & Splatoon 3!)

songs:

Bomb Rush Blush (feat. DJ Octavio)
The Girl from Inkopolis
Tidal Rush
Spicy Calamari Inkantation
Nasty Majesty
Shark Bytes
Splattack (Octo)
#8 regret (Remix)
#13 shade
#16 salty
#5 thirsty
Some Splatoon 3 Hero Mode BGM, can’t think of titles right now
Deep Cut Boss Theme
Calamari Inkantation 3MIX
Fins in the Air
Till Depth Do Us Part
Now or Never (Deep Cut)
Anarchy Rainbow
Anarchy Poisons Medley (Shiver’s part first, then Frye’s, then Big Man’s, and loop back to Shiver, rinse and repeat)
Clickbait
Sea Me Now
Bait & Click (the Big Run battle theme)
Now or Never - Off the Hook feat. Squid Sisters (Final Fest) plays during the last minute of a timed match, AND THE FULL MINUTE. not 20 or so seconds, if Shark Bytes or Spicy Calamari Inkantation is the picked battle song
$&%! Dudes be $&%! Sleepin’ :secretkpop:
Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)

Xenoblade Chronicles X (yes, I went there) EDIT: Xenoblade 3 too

songs:
Black Tar (Ground)
Black Tar (Skell)
Uncontrollable
Uncontrollable (Instrumental)
Minor Boss Battle
Major Boss Battle
Ganglion Skell Battle
aBOreSSs
The key we’ve lost
Theme of Telethia, the Endbringer
In the forest (X -> Z ver.) (Theme of Yggralith Zero)
Noctilum (day)
Sylvalum (night)
Superboss Battle theme that the post game high level Tyrants play
Dangerous Area theme (cuz we need more creepy ominous music in Smash)
Several 3 BGM. can’t think of tracks atm

the actual titles save for aBOreSSs, Black Tar, Uncontrollable and The Key We’ve Lost are a pain to type so I’m simplifying those

The World Ends With You/NEO: The World Ends With You

songs:
Calling (Smash remix)
Twister
Twister Gang Mix
Twister (Final Battle remix)
Transformation
Transformation (NEO)
Hybrid
NOISY NOISE
Psychedelic
Your Ocean
Breaking Free
We’re Losing You
Emptiness and
NEO final battle theme (I forgot the title)
Ooparts
Someday

three more to be added later, not at home so can’t listen to more tracks to select for my other three packs

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We should have had more songs with Miis. Dante could have come with Devils Never Cry or even Devil Trigger (even though that’s technically Nero’s song but nevertheless a very iconic DMC song) or Lloyd’s Mii coulda come with a Symphonia track

it was understandable that Heihachi’s Mii didn’t come with that banger of a Tekken 6 character select theme because Kazuya was coming with that song in his pack later but still

and at the very least Geno should have had Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms come with his costume

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The Fantasy Zone song should be Opa-Opa! from the first game. I also feel that you could trade one of the SEGA songs out for Magical Sound Shower from OutRun or the Space Harrier theme - both of these tracks are among the most iconic music tracks in SEGA's history

Gengar84

Smash Hero
random idea

I would totally pay for some songs and basically any stage they want to make. I think Donkey Kong is still really lacking in terms of music and we basically got nothing from Tropical Freeze. Hyrule Warriors music would have been great too. I still feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have DLC alternate outfits for characters other than Miis.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was mostly thinking of Call of Duty and Battlefield. I played a lot of Borderlands 2 and 3 but don’t really remember any songs from those games. I suppose I haven’t played enough FPS games to make that judgement.
I think you should listen to the songs from the DOOM series. The ones from 1 and 2 are classics.

Also, speaking of DOOM, I'm not sure if anybody seen this yet but just in case:

Man, the Mii costume fits him almost perfectly. I would have loved to see him as a playable character but I still can't complain about this.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just did the math and:

There are basically 138 unique courses in the Mario Kart series.

After the Booster Pass, 96 of them will be in MK8D. Which means only 42 won't be.

Which means, if they did a SECOND Booster Pass, we could have "Everywhere Is Here!" in MK8D!
I would like “everyone is here” in Mario Kart.

3 characters per wave would be 18 more characters.

1. Donkey Kong Jr. - SNES
2. Birdo - GCN
3. Koopa Paratroopa - GCN

4. Diddy Kong - GCN
5. Petey Piranha - GCN
6. R.O.B. - DS

7. Funky Kong - Wii
8. Honey Queen - 3DS
9. Wiggler - 3DS

10. Peachette - Tour
11. Pauline - Tour
12. Hammer Bro - Tour (comes with Boomerang Bro, Ice Bro, and Fire Bro as alternate costumes)

13. Monty Mole - Tour
14. Dixie Kong - Tour
15. Nabbit - Tour

16. King Bob-omb - Tour
17. Kamek - Tour
18. Chargin’ Chuck - Tour

19. Captain Toad - Tour (Toad’s alternate costume like how Gold Mario is Metal Mario’s alternate costume)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now for the second half of the music pass concept I had. I decided to go to hell with it and make the last three music packs collections from various games that fit a certain criteria

Greatest Hits from Other Worlds (songs from various third party games from companies represented in Ultimate. The games themselves need not be)

songs:
Sol Badguy’s theme (from Arc System Works. A certain infamous swear is of course censored)
Rules of Nature (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance; Konami)
Some BlazBlue song idk (ArcSys)
Theme of Mystical Ninja Goemon (Konami)
Red Sun (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance; Konami)
Devils Never Cry (Devil May Cry; Capcom)
Devil Trigger (Devil May Cry; Capcom)
Volcanic Rim (Street Fighter IV; Capcom)
Brave New World (Namco X Capcom; Bandai Namco)
Tethe’alla Battle Theme (forgot the title) (Tales of Symphonia; Bandai Namco)
Bandai Namco Arcade Medley (Bandai Namco)
Aqua Road (Sonic Forces; Sega)
Puyo Puyo Tetris Medley (Puyo Puyo; Sega)
I Believe (Persona 5 Royal; Atlus)
Life Will Change (Persona 5; Atlus)
Vulnerability (Trauma Center Second Opinion; Atlus)
Boss Battle Theme (Chrono Trigger; Square Enix)
A Beautiful Song (NieR Automata; Square Enix)
Dragon God (Chrono Cross; Square Enix)
Some NMH song idk (Marvelous. Probably not the Palestine Girl or whatever song cause of its potentially offensive connotations)
Skyrim Main Theme (Bethesda)
Some Ninja Gaiden songs I guess. We didn’t get Hayabusa but I guess songs would be a decent consolation prize (Koei Tecmo)
Gates of Hell (DOOM; Bethesda)

Greatest Hits from Familiar Worlds (other Nintendo game songs that didn’t make the cut in base or the Challenger Packs, barring the previous Splatoon 2 OE and Xenoblade X which had packs dedicated to them)

songs:
PROGRAM (Kirby Planet Robobot)
A fair number of Tropical Freeze tracks, can’t name any off the top of my head right now
Shambhala (FE Three Houses)
God Shattering Star (FE Three Houses)
Theme of Captain Falcon (F-Zero GX)
Theme of Black Shadow (F-Zero GX)
Paper Engine (F-Zero GX)
Feel Our Pain (F-Zero GX)
Eight Guitars (F-Zero GX)
Gym Battle (Pokémon Sword/Shield)
Reincarnation (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
Battle Theme (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)
Savior (Astral Chain)
Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms (Remix) (Super Mario RPG)

yes kinda heavy F-Zero GX bias here lmao

Indie Hits (for this one I was like **** it, throw caution to the wind and added a lot of unrepped indies cuz indie songs are a lot easier to get the rights for which is why I didn’t include music from third parties not in Smash in any capacity whatsoever, for Music Pack 4

songs:
The World Revolving (Deltarune)
[BIG SHOT] (Deltarune) (idk I still haven’t played part 2 so idk if that’s the title)
Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark (Ori and the Blind Forest)
Necrofantasia (Smash Remix) (Touhou Project)
Nuclear Fusion (Smash Remix) (Touhou Project)
Eternal Blue (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Raging Inferno (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Monolithic Pride (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Igniter (Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX)
Your Contract Has Expired (A Hat In Time)
Hopes and Dreams (Undertale)
Darkest Dungeon Medley (Darkest Dungeon)
Lobotomy Corporation Trumpet Medley (Lobotomy Corporation)
Library of Ruina Medley (Library of Ruina)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
random idea

I could see this happening.

But if it does, I do expect a Smash Ultimate DX or something of the like for the next Smash, on the next system. I think Mario Kart will have something similar going on, and throws a Everyone Is Here for their next game.

Both Ultimate and MK8 are just about the most ambitious and grand games in their series, so adding unto them seems like a relatively safe business move, if they can please fans with QOL fixes, new characters, modes and classic stuff of the past that made previous Smash and Mario Kart games great.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo: Copypastes models from MKT to MK8D, without even trying to adapt them to MK8's visual style

Smash fans: HOLY **** ULTIMATE DX CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
It'd cool if Nintendo gave Next-Level-Games the chance to do that Volleyball x Wrestling game they wanted to do a long time ago called "Super Mario Spikers". Nintendo has been a little bit more open to violence against their characters with just Smash in general but the trailers too.

We're overdue for a Mario Sluggers too. They could try to take Mario Hoops to the same level of development they've given other sports that it's oddly never gotten... I mean it's freaking Basketball. WTF Japan?

Honestly though I think Nintendo needs to rethink their strategy on Mario sports spinoff titles entirely. The thing is these games aren't really doing that great in the grand scheme of things and I think that's very strange considering their natural accessibility and the Switch's large install base.

My dream for Mario sports games would be to combine them into one solid package called "Super Mario Sports Center". Have the game take place in a massive Mushroom Kingdom gym that acts as the hub world between each game but make sure it's huge and impressive to walk through on its own. There's an entire indoor and outdoor section and you can jump around and stuff. Each sport has a 5-10 hour story adventure mode to it. Maybe even have player lodging act as a sort of progression system where you can house your trophies in an increasingly bigger room. Of course online play and scoreboards and you're set.

Sports included:
  • Golf
  • Baseball
  • Tennis
  • Soccer
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Volleyball

The ones with existing titles function like they do in those games and the rest are also given the proper party game elements standard for Mario sports titles. Then you'd basically support the game with paid DLC. Some of the DLC would be universal like characters but most of it would be individual to the specific sport like stages/costumes. Up to the players what they want or if they want everything. Very easy to monetize actually. You could even add in new sports entirely like Dodgeball and Hockey on occasion. I think this would be much more preferable than the meager 1-year free DLC updates they've been doing.

I think these standard 3 million copies sold would astronomically shoot up to 20-30 million numbers.

Basically you build the game to last as long as it possibly can and have it out as close to launch as possible to maximize revenue. It could be a game where I see it justified having an access fee when porting it over to the next system to incentivize Nintendo to package in these sports once and for all and to keep supporting it. You avoid doing a sequel until you absolutely have too.

Oh well Nintendo's segmented strategy will probably never change and the Mario sports titles will continue being filler games. I'm not saying this kind of game wouldn't present its own challenges but I absolutely think it's justified at this point considering the meager sales of the other sports titles. I expect Strikers will do better but I doubt it'll be by much. I don't see it going past 5-7 million units sold and even approaching that would be an incredible success for the sports spinoffs.

The major risk really is basically the same amount of people buy it so the higher developmental cost is a bigger hit to the company and the people that did buy it basically make out like bandits. Sometimes you gotta take a big risk though to gain something. I think it'd be very successful and justify itself with the proper monetization model.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Based on the second batch of music packs from Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , i made my very own Music Pack idea:

Non-Video Game Megamix (Music from non-gaming media and some licensed music)

BOLD means New Remix.

Chala Head Chala (Dragon Ball Z; Shueisha/Bird Studio/Toei Animation)
Goku Theme (Dragon Ball FighterZ; Shueisha/Bird Studio/Toei Animation/Bandai Namco)
All-Star (Smash Mouth/Shrek; DreamWorks Animation)
Shrek Orchestral Score Medley (Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, Shrek Forever After, and **** in Boots; DreamWorks Animation)
Opening Theme (SpongeBob SquarePants; Nickelodeon)
Goofy Goober Rock (SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie; Nickelodeon)
Opening Theme (Dual Mix: 1987 vs. 2017) (Ducktales, Disney)
The Moon (DuckTales: Remastered; Disney/Capcom)
Portals (Avengers: Endgame; Marvel)
Darth Vader March (Star Wars; Lucasfilm)
Animation Domination Medley (The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, Futurama, American Dad; 20th Television)
Godzilla Theme (Godzilla; Toho)
James Bond Theme (007; MGM)
Merrily We Roll Along (Looney Tunes; Warner Bros)
Thriller (Michael Jackson)
Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)
Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
A Hard Day's Night (The Beatles)
Rock 'n Roll All Nite (KISS)
Miracle! Portable Mission (Hyperdimension Neptunia; Idea Factory/Compile Heart) (Yeah, i'm maybe cheating on this one....)
Maybe someone of yours can make a better version of this.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Real talk

why did they shorten the Now or Never variants (Splat 1, Splat 2, Squid Sisters and Off the Hook) to 20 seconds??

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Real talk

why did they shorten the Now or Never variants (Splat 1, Splat 2, Squid Sisters and Off the Hook) to 20 seconds??
While the full songs are in the Sound Test, I’m guessing it was for consistency with Mushroom Kingdom and Suzaku Castle changing the music during the last 30 seconds.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While the full songs are in the Sound Test, I’m guessing it was for consistency with Mushroom Kingdom and Suzaku Castle changing the music during the last 30 seconds.
Does Shotgun Kiss and Planet Colors (F-Zero GX) do something similar or no? To represent the final lap

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Does Shotgun Kiss and Planet Colors (F-Zero GX) do something similar or no? To represent the final lap
Nope. Only stages that change music depending on conditions are Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Suzaku Castle, Moray Towers, and Hollow Bastion (not a music change and does not change if hazards are off)

Edit: 2 things
1. Mushroom Kingdom refers to both the 64 and Melee stages
2. For Hollow Bastion, the change not happening if hazards are off also applies to Battlefield and FD forms

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem Three Hopes kinda gives me hope for Dimitri getting into the next Smash honestly. My ideal situation is that Byleth gets a moveset more true to the Three Houses canon, and Dimitri inherits the Areadbhar moves of Byleth.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Many characters are the ones I want to see in future Super Smash Bros. games. as newcomers and I want to hope it happens.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nintendo: Copypastes models from MKT to MK8D, without even trying to adapt them to MK8's visual style

Smash fans: HOLY **** ULTIMATE DX CONFIRMED
This just reminds me that it's going to be a long and painful time till we get confirmation on whether or not the next one will be Smash Ultimate DX or a new one. This is going to be a long wait.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
If Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe is released the question will be this, will the DLC characters be DLC there too or not?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Probably not. MK8 Vanilla’s DLC was base in MK8D
But all of them were Nintendo characters. Smash Ultimate's DLC consists of alot of 3rd Party characters, with only 4 Nintendo characters. The Nintendo characters would be guaranteed for Base. Joker, Banjo, Terry, Steve, and Kazuya could become base, but that depends o their respective owners' willingness and cooperation. Hero, Sephiroth and Sora are entirely different matters.
  • Hero depends on the state of it's music, due to once being owned by the one composer and so it depends on the different owner. Like Dragon Quest being DLC was most likely because of the composer. The composer is gone, so Hero being base or DLC depends on what the new owner wants.
  • Sephiroth depends on Square's willingness, since they certainly want to milk the FFVII DLC money while FFVII is in everybody's mind.
  • Sora depends on Disney.

Last edited:
Top Bottom