• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
In hindsight this should have been a red flag for the Grinch Leak, yet.....

As should the statement about "slowing down reveals" either pre or post Isabelle (don't remember which).
I doubted it right out of the gate, especially once the final Direct was announced. I didn't think that they would able to cram five newcomer trailers into one Direct.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Something else just occurred to me... speculation may have technically been damaged by Sakurai's one E3 2018 remark, directly telling us he hoped to not raise our expectations for newcomers in Ultimate.
We still ended up with more than any previous game though.

Which he isn't. Quotes that have been misinterpreted=/=An actual desire to lie.
It's not that he's a liar. He just ends up saying things that are wrong. Most likely because things changed from when he said it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really. What's more accurate is that he didn't want us to raise our expectations too high for the base game. Which is correct.

It has nothing to do with PP or the DLC Passes. Just purely base game.

Especially since he had no plans for a second pass even then(that was greenlit way later, and we only had up to 1 or 2 more DLC after the first pass intended, before Nintendo chose 5 more. Sora is a special case, respectively, that almost didn't happen).

I did speak of some information, but there were many characters who couldn't have been planned by Sakurai at any point among Pass 2(being Min Min and Pyra/Mythra were not chosen by him in the first place, but Nintendo overall), and we know Sora was definitely a late addition to the Pass. That just leaves 3, being Kazuya, Steve(who was already being negotiated for, essentially confirming he was 1 of those extra DLC choices), and Sephiroth. Sephiroth has a lot of unique FFVII content, so it was likely the last one Sakurai was working on. This also means that Nintendo chose the extra DLC even outside of the Pass except for PP. Steve and whomever was the last one would be moved to the second Pass as well. Thank goodness for the second Pass too, cause otherwise we'd have a smaller DLC set(that's 4 more that wouldn't make it in. Ouch).

Noipoi

Howdy!
It was blatantly obvious that Sakurai was referring to the base game when he said don’t expect too many newcomers. And the base game of Ultimate didn’t have that many newcomers, especially if you don’t count Echoes (though I’m not sure why you wouldn’t).

I find it hard to believe that he was talking about the entirety of the game’s lifespan up to the end of 2021 in that moment.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
And the base game of Ultimate didn’t have that many newcomers, especially if you don’t count Echoes (though I’m not sure why you wouldn’t).
Well, for one thing, because Sakurai himself doesn't count them. That's why he didn't give them their own numbers.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It's not that he's a liar. He just ends up saying things that are wrong. Most likely because things changed from when he said it.
This is why I place less weight on what he says during interviews etc vs when he's making a presentation (especially a Nintendo one.) and ofc I'm always first sure to check the translation source lol

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
So, what do you think of the fanbase's general shift from Nintendo characters to third party ones?

I love that so many franchises are being considered and included, but it really does feel like something was lost.
Well, i think it was inevitable, tbh.
There's not that many Nintendo characters left that would make the average consumer hyped, sure there's hundreds of cool nintendo characters they could still add like Dillon, Saki, Takamaru, Andy, Lip, HarmoKnight, Viridi, Girahim, Midna, Gengar, Magolor....and hundreds more, but let's be honest, the average consumer probably would not be very hyped for those characters, a big chunk of them will probably even be like "who is this character"?
I would like the "base game has a 1st party focus with a few 3rd parties" and "DLC has a 3rdparty focus with a few 1stparties" approach that has been suggested, i'd also like them to be a bit more creative with the 1st party line up and not just add the obvious picks like Meowscarada, Noah and Alear and call it a day with no room for more niche 1st party stuff.
This will probably happen to Multiversus eventually if it manages to revive, we'll probably start seeing non-WB propieties one day and people will be asking more and more for Genshin Impact, Demon Slayer and Monsters Inc reps lol, it's just inevitable in games like this.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So apparently some trademarks for Stretchmo/Pushmo have been renewed in Australia.
Looks like we can count on it to show up in the June direct. Along with Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
What do think of the franchise?
Never played em. Looks' cute.
Do you think Nintendo values it? Could it be a potential Smash inclusion?
Enough to make another one, evidently.
Could it be a potential Smash inclusion?
It'd make a lovely assist trophy :yoshi:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
There's not that many Nintendo characters left that would make the average consumer hyped
Man, I think we have to stop speaking on behalf of the "average consumer". The average consumer isn't a diehard Nintendo historian like us, but they're not all gluttonous hype monsters either. If the average consumer is only going to buy Smash Bros for massive third party crossover appeal, then why did the other games sell so well? At the end of the day, the most average of average consumers is buying the game because it's fun to play with friends, it has Mario on the cover, and/or because they've played previous games in the series and want to try out the new one. Neither of these extremist, polar opposite stances of wanting niche, thirty year old Nintendo characters or refusing to buy the game unless Master Chief is in it are average.

Ultimate sold at least 12 million copies within the first few months, with only Simon Belmont as a new third party character and the promise of Joker a bit later. Its central hype statement rode on Solid Snake and a handful of decidedly less hype Nintendo characters. The biggest newcomers targeted diehard fans and ballot voters (Ridley, K. Rool), with a handful of mascots (Inkling, Isabelle) and Pokemon (Incineroar) that might play into the ideals of a more casual fan. DLC certainly kept the train rolling, but rode on the reputation that Smash had already established for itself. The fact that people were out of their seats excited for the likes of Ice Climbers, Young Link and Wolf should say everything about Smash's ability to liken audiences to characters they didn't know they would love.

But the initial statement is there aren't many Nintendo characters left to please this stock consumer. How is that the case, though? The Switch is one of the best selling consoles of all time, and the top 20-ish best selling games on the console were all Nintendo series. So it's a safe assumption that the average Switch owner takes a liking to at least a handful of Nintendo games. Between Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Splatoon are at least a dozen great candidates that will be familiar to a solid chunk of the Switch's install base.

If we add a handful of those and then a couple recognizable third party characters as per usual, we are set. If the roster means that much to this player, who I guess doesn't play that many video games to begin with, a few characters that they recognize from games they like will be all that's necessary to get them interested. And that could vary across any demographic.

Young Nintendo fan - They'll buy the game with Mario, Link and Pikachu in it. This might be their very first Smash game.

Casual Nintendo fan - Maybe plays with friends and picks up on a couple characters they enjoy. Playing as Waluigi or Tom Nook would probably make them laugh. Might even grow to love a character they're unfamiliar with.

Nostalgic Nintendo fan - Could be a range of at least 20-30 years, but a number of throwback characters may appeal to their sensibilities. "They added Skull Kid? I loved Majora's Mask when I was a kid man!"

And what happened to the beauty of discovering brand new characters? If many players are asking "who is this character", they will eventually learn. Smash did a great deal toward introducing me to what would become some of my favorite series. I think speaking on behalf of an average consumer who has no interest in this sense of discovery, doesn't play enough games on the console they own to care about any Nintendo characters, cares exclusively about faces on the roster and not about having fun with their friends is doing this imaginary person a disservice. Whenever people say things like this, it's starting to sound a bit like we're talking down to this audience who doesn't know any better and needs to be spoon fed A-listers constantly. Believe it or not, people cared about this game well before they knew Sonic, Cloud or Steve would be in it and I don't think it's any different today.

All of that to say, it's not like we won't get more third party characters. I'm certain it will be a bulk of the DLC, and at least a good two or three new series will probably be on the table for base game. The consumer who only cares about Smash because they want to participate in a mindblowing, record breaking crossover hype cycle just has to wait a year or two.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So apparently some trademarks for Stretchmo/Pushmo have been renewed in Australia.

What do think of the franchise? Do you think Nintendo values it? Could it be a potential Smash inclusion?
Okay Intelligent Sytems, we got a clear message to tone down on Fire Emblem content. We’ll push Seliph to the Fighter’s Pass, but we need to diversify the roster. What else do you got?

Intelligent Systems:
1715481221245.png

Ivander

Smash Legend

What do think of the franchise? Do you think Nintendo values it? Could it be a potential Smash inclusion?
It'd be certainly nice if Pushmo/Stretchmo gets put onto the Switch/Switch 2, since all of the Pushmo games were lost with the closing of the eShop for both 3DS and Wii U. And they probably see enough value in it to keep it from being lost forever, considering they made 4 Pushmo games in the span of almost 4 years, between the original Pushmo in October 2011 to Stretchmo in May 2015.

I mean, any character is a potential Smash inclusion, between Sakurai liking his surprise picks and sometimes there is the possibility of that one character who manages to somehow get through compared to the rest, like Shulk. It just really depends on why Sakurai and Nintendo want to pick and with Pushmo not getting attention at the moment, Mallo's chances look slimmer compared to some other characters.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

I think it's a neat franchise for Nintendo to have around. To be honest, I've always appreciated a nice variety in first and second-party releases, so a continuation to a pretty fun puzzle franchise is always nice to see. This might not necessarily mean anything in terms of the trademarks, though - it's pretty common practice just to make sure the trademarks are kept.

In terms of inclusion in Smash, I wouldn't ever say it's impossible, but maybe unlikely. Perhaps other roles like a stage could be more fitting? There's a lot of "oddball" reps who could fill Mallo's place in terms of a playable role, so while I'd never write them off, I wouldn't treat them as an inevitability either.

(After all, even in the puzzle-game space, there's legacy picks like Lip, unorthodox ones like Qbby, or even third-party candidates like Arle or Bub to consider.)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's too early to say, but my impression up to this point was that Nintendo doesn't value Pushmo. Which is a shame, because I played the original on 3DS and its a very clever, very cute little puzzler. I never got to play some of the later installments and it made me sad to realize that entire series is locked behind the 3DS. So I'm going into this news with a heavy grain of salt, but I hope they'll break out and get some rereleases on Switch, if not just a totally new game.

As far as Smash goes, I unno. Might be a bit too little too late to be full on playable if this pans out, but I think Mallo could make for a fun Assist Trophy with some sort of stage terraforming effect to pull up makeshift walls from the stage. Would like to see him playable because I think that could also make for a fun gameplay mechanic, alongside his obvious sumo aesthetic pulling some weight for creative liberties, but I'm not holding my breath unless it really comes back with a vengeance, and Nintendo is really serious about it.

I always thought it was a bit odd Nintendo never really stuck with a signature puzzle game series. Panel de Pon / Puzzle League fizzled out in the early 2000s, Pushmo came and went within one console generation. Dr. Mario is arguably the only one that has stuck around, albeit sporadically, and even then I feel like it'd be a stretch to call it Nintendo's "signature" puzzle game or anything. Given their emphasis on quirky, innovative gameplay experiences and tackling a casual market it just seems like a no-brainer for Nintendo to have a bit more of a focus in this area.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
The fanbase's focus shifting towards 3rd party characters makes sense to me, especially now that the biggest fan requests are in.
I'm going to raise the flame shield in advance, but:
-the most likely 1st party characters are fairly hardcore at this point. A 4th character from Kirby/DKC, 3rd from Xenoblade/Animal Crossing... 9th from Fire Emblem... You kinda need to be inside one of the respective fan bases to get excited about these characters, at least on principle. VS 1st characters from series that a lot of people have played and are now deemed as possible. Crash, Bomberman, Doom, Monster Hunter... 3rd party characters just have a broader appeal at this point.

Less important points:
-aside from Ridley and K. Rool (+ Banjo), 1st party characters are usually either extremely recent or based on NES nostalgia. Relatively deep cuts from anything SNES through Wii U rarely get in unless fan requests are massive. Meanwhile 3rd party characters range from Minecraft to Castlevania with a dash of Tekken, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
-I'm sure the Fire Emblem/anime swordsmen disdain bleeds into this somehow.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There's not that many Nintendo characters left that would make the average consumer hyped, sure there's hundreds of cool nintendo characters they could still add like Dillon, Saki, Takamaru, Andy, Lip, HarmoKnight, Viridi, Girahim, Midna, Gengar, Magolor....and hundreds more, but let's be honest, the average consumer probably would not be very hyped for those characters, a big chunk of them will probably even be like "who is this character"?
I would like the "base game has a 1st party focus with a few 3rd parties" and "DLC has a 3rdparty focus with a few 1stparties" approach that has been suggested, i'd also like them to be a bit more creative with the 1st party line up and not just add the obvious picks like Meowscarada, Noah and Alear and call it a day with no room for more niche 1st party stuff.
This will probably happen to Multiversus eventually if it manages to revive, we'll probably start seeing non-WB propieties one day and people will be asking more and more for Genshin Impact, Demon Slayer and Monsters Inc reps lol, it's just inevitable in games like this.
Unironically i want to see Goku in Multiversus because he was iconic on Cartoon network and because of the Goku vs Superman thing.

I feel like for the most part we have all the big Nintendo all stars in the series already, so focusing on popular third parties for newcomers just makes sense to me, especially since game development in the modern day has gotten so slow that we barely get any new characters of note anyway.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
So, what do you think of the fanbase's general shift from Nintendo characters to third party ones?

I love that so many franchises are being considered and included, but it really does feel like something was lost.
Third-parties overall are going to be bigger hype drivers, and with 71 first-parties, almost all of Nintendo's biggest faces are already there.

People can conflate saying what we have left generally isn't at the level of what's already there with saying we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, but while the latter isn't true, the former is. Meanwhile there's still quite a bit to take from high levels of prevalence and esteem third-party-wise.

Though also it's still owing to three years of DLC where speculation was dominated by third-parties, with most exceptions being promotion-based first-parties. So to some extent the fanbase was left in that "mode". During next game's base, when there are more first-parties revealed than third-parties, the discourse will shift back.

The fanbase focuses very much on what has been most recent to shape their expectations. Often to our own detriment.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Has there really been that many new Nintendo IPs that could add some freshness to the roster? Splatoon is their most popular recent one but there doesn't seem to be much else. All I can think of is Arms and Astral Chain. So the best they can do for more freshness outside of series already represented is third-party series.

The best Nintendo could do as far as their own IPs is add characters from older ones, especially if they've been revived somehow. It's just that with the way they're represented (which are usually with Mii costumes and assist trophies), their chances don't seem all that promising. But if Nintendo would add characters like Isaac or Andy, then maybe fans will look at Nintendo characters more often than they do now.

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
Has there really been that many new Nintendo IPs that could add some freshness to the roster? Splatoon is their most popular recent one but there doesn't seem to be much else. All I can think of is Arms and Astral Chain. So the best they can do for more freshness outside of series already represented is third-party series.
There's stuff like Ring Fit and Switch Sports, but those are actually pseudo-sequels too.
Astral Chain is the kind of game that usually gets Assist Trophy roles in Smash, but if they want a character from an IP that debuted on Switch in my opinion that would be the best choice. It stands out the most compared to what's already in the roster.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

To be perfectly honest, this is one of the reasons why I want them to try and do another Ballot. I'm genuinely curious how different things would be now compared to the Smash 4 days: even that one seemed to be a bit third-party leaning, so I wonder if it would go even further now...

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Hey guys, for characters that uses realistic guns (Resident evil protagonist, Hitman, Tomb Raider) would it have to be that if they gotten into smash they couldn't use them or severely downplay them? I know Snake carries a gun, Bayonetta uses guns, and Joker's gun works how I imagined - Snake doesn't use it, Bayonetta's guns are magical, and according to Persona 5 lore Joker's guns are props that can only work like that in the metaverse.

With that being said, aside from the 4th party rule (no non-video game characters allowed in smash, Sakurai even stated this himself) is there also a no realistic gun rule so the esrb doesn't up the game up? I mean... brawl gotten a T rating for some reason.
Just go here and see all the content descriptor. Not trying to be snarky, but people really should visit ESRB or other gaming rating agency websites to see for themselves. There is no gaming rating agency that has realistic firearm as issue.
If it's not in content descriptor, it's non-issue. Period.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
There is no gaming rating agency that has realistic firearm as issue.
I don’t know if it’s the firearms that are the issue. But rather, could it be the effect of said firearms? As in, wounds and injuries?

That might make a bit more sense, with series like Doom and Resident Evil, the effects that their weapons have on enemies may deter possible inclusion in Smash for not being faithful enough?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That might make a bit more sense, with series like Doom and Resident Evil, the effects that their weapons have on enemies may deter possible inclusion in Smash for not being faithful enough?
No Doom or RE fan would be pissed off about their weapons not gibbing people if it meant they got to have a character in Smash.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just go here and see all the content descriptor. Not trying to be snarky, but people really should visit ESRB or other gaming rating agency websites to see for themselves. There is no gaming rating agency that has realistic firearm as issue.
Hm. I always wondered what "Suggestive Themes" meant.
reads
I dunno why I expected it to be less vague...

Interestingly, it doesn't actually show all the content descriptors, as Cartoon Violence isn't on the list, but appears frequently in game ratings. Maybe it's because it's interchangeable with Fantasy Violence, but it doesn't say that either. Even disregarding that, these content descriptors are vague enough that what is allowed can change pretty easily. For example, Snake's move set was designed the way it was because realistic guns were a no-no at the time, and they were still not allowed back in SSB4 going off of Sakurai's Pic of the Day about Ray Guns. Joker seems to show that the restriction was lifted, though it's possible for there to be an arbitrary line were certain gun types give the game a content description of "Violence" instead of just "Cartoon Violence". Possible doesn't mean likely though. In truth, I don't think we can know for sure without somebody outright saying it.

As a side note, the game still has "Suggestive Themes". It made sense in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with the close ups on Zero Suit Samus, but I doubt her very existe-aaaand I just remembered Bayonetta's in the game. Never Mind. I was going to end this train of thought with a joke about Pit saying "That tie really doesn't leave much to the imagination" is what did it but uh...yeah.

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know if it’s the firearms that are the issue. But rather, could it be the effect of said firearms? As in, wounds and injuries?

Doom has a ton of laser-based weapons, especially in the new games. The double-barrel shotgun is iconic, but aside from that you could make a moveset for Doom Slayer/Doom Guy without a single realistic firearm and you wouldn't miss all that much.
The chainsaw is a must though.

Anyways I think the way they did with Joker is perfect. The gun itself is realistic, but the shots are cartoony and you don't really see bullets. They could extend that approach to basically any gun-toting videogame character imo.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

Wounds fall into violence content discriptors. Guns themselves are not parts of gore. They can cause injury/gore, depending on each game.

Hm. I always wondered what "Suggestive Themes" meant.
reads
I dunno why I expected it to be less vague...

Interestingly, it doesn't actually show all the content descriptors, as Cartoon Violence isn't on the list, but appears frequently in game ratings. Maybe it's because it's interchangeable with Fantasy Violence, but it doesn't say that either. Even disregarding that, these content descriptors are vague enough that what is allowed can change pretty easily. For example, Snake's move set was designed the way it was because realistic guns were a no-no at the time, and they were still not allowed back in SSB4 going off of Sakurai's Pic of the Day about Ray Guns. Joker seems to show that the restriction was lifted, though it's possible for there to be an arbitrary line were certain gun types give the game a content description of "Violence" instead of just "Cartoon Violence". Possible doesn't mean likely though. In truth, I don't think we can know for sure without somebody outright saying it.

As a side note, the game still has "Suggestive Themes". It made sense in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with the close ups on Zero Suit Samus, but I doubt her very existe-aaaand I just remembered Bayonetta's in the game. Never Mind. I was going to end this train of thought with a joke about Pit saying "That tie really doesn't leave much to the imagination" is what did it but uh...yeah.
We don't know whether Sakurai really checked firearm content discriptor at the time. I read his quotes about gun, but it was more suggestive than definitive.
The past doesn't matter in this case anyway.

Suggestive themes mean in context of sexual contents. I worked on game age rating before. I got called out for missing even slight hint at alcohol from one dialogue. The gaming age agency never called out on realistic firearms EVER.

Take Tomb Raider for example. It does mention machinegun at rating summary, but that's not even hinted at content discriptor on left side.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Doom has a ton of laser-based weapons, especially in the new games. The double-barrel shotgun is iconic, but aside from that you could make a moveset for Doom Slayer/Doom Guy without a single realistic firearm and you wouldn't miss all that much.
Not to mention all the melee kills being translatable into close quarter combat moves or throws.

The chainsaw is a must though.
Good thing it's not a firearm. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If they add the Doom Slayer to the game, do you think his stage will be a retro stage, or have a retro filter? The original Doom's look is iconic, and with how most series are handled, I'd imagine it would be the focus as well. On the other hand, I doubt the character itself would be sprite based, and it would be a little weird if a character with 3D games had a 2D stage as its only stage.

I kinda like the retro filter idea though. Maybe Doom music from the 3D era give you the regular stage, but music from Doom-Doom 64 has the stage's textures change to look like sprites, and replaces any enemy models with their original sprites as well.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I don't remember who suggested it but the sentiment was that a FPS rep would be "easy" to develop compared to other tropes. I personally think it's the opposite. For Smash anyway making a FPS rep like Chief or Doomguy will be a true challenge. I'd like to think it's possible but as I think about it I'm not sure how to even go about making the moveset...

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman

No, smaller characters generally don’t end up being fighters, with exceptions like the Ice Climbers, for example. They were chosen specifically for a retro representative slot back in Melee.

Pushmo seems like it would end up with a stage, if it ever gets a prominent role. I thought of the main character as an Assist Trophy, but I have no idea how he would work as one. You can’t really represent Pushmo’s gameplay with an Assist Trophy.

I feel like if we somehow get a smaller character, it will be Dillon or Isaac from Golden Sun. Golden Sun isn’t even that small of a series to begin with; it has quite the cult following and significant demand in the Smash Bros community.

I even extremely doubt Dillon will be playable, but I think he has the ‘badass’ factor going for him, at least.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't remember who suggested it but the sentiment was that a FPS rep would be "easy" to develop compared to other tropes. I personally think it's the opposite. For Smash anyway making a FPS rep like Chief or Doomguy will be a true challenge. I'd like to think it's possible but as I think about it I'm not sure how to even go about making the moveset...
I don't see why it'd be more difficult than adding Samus and Inkling. Master Cheif and the Doom Slayer aren't strangers to CQC, and you could easily treat it like Inkling by giving them a main weapon to use in their normals, and other weapons as smash attacks, and specific special moves. As for play style, I don't actually know how exactly they'd handle them since I haven't played either game, but I don't think that would present a problem whether they were a zoner or a more aggressive fighter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't see why it'd be more difficult than adding Samus and Inkling. Master Cheif and the Doom Slayer aren't strangers to CQC, and you could easily treat it like Inkling by giving them a main weapon to use in their normals, and other weapons as smash attacks, and specific special moves. As for play style, I don't actually know how exactly they'd handle them since I haven't played either game, but I don't think that would present a problem whether they were a zoner or a more aggressive fighter.
Doom Slayer would 100% be a more aggressive take because the games reward you more if you're up close and personal, iirc.

He'd have guns for ranged attacks but he'd be much better at point blank.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I thought of that, well Samus anyway... Didn't remember inkling lol but yeah idk maybe... I feel like Samus specifically had enough reference material from her 2D games that the Prime influence was more so flavoring than it was a source for inspiring her design. I'm just afraid any attempt at 2D'ng a FPS is going to end up being Samus The Sequel and I'd prefer it just not go down like that.

Top Bottom