• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomers that you want in Smash for a silly reason

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Warning: This thread is not about characters that make no sense (example Majora's Moon or very obscure NPCs from games nobody knows).
This isn't a Dream Roster thread either, it's meant to be a funny thread.

Is there a character who you would like in Smash for a stupid reason?
I have some:
  • Qbby - so people can make jokes about the "square character"; also because there are many fans of "the box" recently, it's nice to have a character for them too.
  • Blastoise - because I want to make a match, him vs Bowser... I want to see big fire turtle vs big water turtle.
  • Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) - Because I want him to praise the sun with Wii Fit Trainer
It can be wathever reason you think, it doesn't have to be Smash related, it may even be something like "because I have made a bet with a friend".
Have fun!

The stupid reason may not be the only reason you want that character in, but one of the many reasons.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Linkle: Because She uses Dual-wielded Crossbows and ISN'T A Silent Protagonist
Decidueye: Because It's primarily an Archer; and would complete the Elemental Starter Final Evolution Triangle that would go along with Greninja(water) & charizard(fire)
Isaac: Because Of His Psynergy hands; and being a Mix of Ness & Swordfighters
Ninten: to Complete the Earthbound Trilogy
Giegue: Heroes vs Villains; especially if Ninten is included
Travis Touchdown: To Replace Snake's Codex & Palutena's Guidance

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Linkle: Because She uses Dual-wielded Crossbows and ISN'T A Silent Protagonist
Decidueye: Because It's primarily an Archer; and would complete the Elemental Starter Final Evolution Triangle that would go along with Greninja(water) & charizard(fire)
Isaac: Because Of His Psynergy hands; and being a Mix of Ness & Swordfighters
Ninten: to Complete the Earthbound Trilogy
Giegue: Heroes vs Villains; especially if Ninten is included
Travis Touchdown: To Replace Snake's Codex & Palutena's Guidance
Sorry but those aren't silly reasons... I mean something stupid, like the example I did in the OP...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Incineroar as Fighter #69: To add on to the pre-existing "Incineroar is nasty" meme.

EDIT, NOV 2 2018, 11:05 A.M.: OMG, it actually happened. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Slippy Toad with the idea that his whole moveset is him getting shot at trying to avoid it, and the offscreen or background enemy attacks he panics over end up hitting his opponents? So yknow, he's just be running around going "Get this guy off me!!!"

And then Toad from Mario cause that voice would be so funny, especially if he had some audio for every single move haha

So yeah, I'm not rallying for these characters in the slightest but the ideas of them make me laugh sometimes!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Some more:
  • Team Rocket - because you can star KO them in Smash
  • Sora - Because I find it funny that he has the same name as the company that's working on the game, and that's a pure coincidence
  • Megaman.EXE - because when you play online you are basically doing what he does in his own series, but in real life

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Style Savvy rep, because I want to be able to put all the fighters in fancy new outfits.

Incineroar, because I want people to make more The Rock memes.

Knuckles, so I can put Unknown From ME on every single stage at max frequency.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Captain Lou Albano (or to a lesser extent Dob Hoskins) as Mario.

Just to see the reaction.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fiora (RIP) and KOS-MOS cause the former along with Chrom and Lucina was in Project X Zone 2, paired up with the latter. I was hoping to have a PXZ2 Nintendo reunion in Smash

At this rate KOS-MOS is prolly gonna be an Assist Trophy lmao

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
some for my actual most wanted characters:

-At the time of Brawl's Dojo, one stupid reason I wanted characters such as Adeleine, Geno and even Young Zelda (OoT) for, was because I wanted to make a team of characters with weird hats XD

-One of the reasons I want a Rhythm Heaven character for is the music, more than the character itself (I'm not sure if this is silly/stupid, probably not even).

now, back on the random characters:

-Shadow: because he's another of those characters like Dark Pit and Snake, whose name means something else, and you can troll people like this:
"Look, Snake vs Cloud!" and you show them a picture of an actual snake and an actual cloud in the sky.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Dry Bones: not just because he's my favorite enemy in Mario, but i'd love to sit back and watch the smash fan base lose their minds on a basic enemy getting in as a playable character before [Insert character name here].

call me a sadist, but people's salt over character inclusions makes me laugh.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Dry Bones: not just because he's my favorite enemy in Mario, but i'd love to sit back and watch the smash fan base lose their minds on a basic enemy getting in as a playable character before [Insert character name here].

call me a sadist, but people's salt over character inclusions makes me laugh.
The same thing as you but Hatsune Miku instead of Dry Bones.
Just to see how much salt she can generate.

Also, when I played Smash for the first time, I was excited that I could punch Pikachu in the face. I know that Pikachu is not a newcomer and has been in since the beginning, but I have always been happy that Pikachu is in for this reason. It later (in Melee) also applied to Pichu, and Donkey Kong, because of the satisfying sounds they did when being smashed and KOd XD

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Incineroar.png

Cause the irony of him being a wrestling heel and people turning on him like rabid fanboys/girls cause he may "steal" the spot that someone else "deserves more" will likely lead him into becoming the biggest heel in Smash Bros. Pair that will people wanting him out cause of the leaks/theories that support him and you got one of the most charged newcomers to ever grace us.

Golisopod.png

Cause of this glorious man possibly coming in as a background character like Red.
Guzma v Rockets.gif

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
If Sora makes it into Smash Ultimate, I want Nomura to make Sakurai create a story mode specifically for Sora that KH fans will have to play through to understand the plot to KH3.

I'd also love to see Qbby and/or Mallo (from Pushmo) not just because I like them, but because they'd look super silly fighting, and their inclusion would make everyone go hysterical.

EDIT: Primarina would be pretty great too, because everyone's expecting Incineroar or Decidueye instead and I'd like to see how people would react.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Elite Beat Agents - It would just be funny in itself to see Agent J, Derrick, and Morris moving all together dancing for all their attacks. Hell their moves could make other people experience emotions through dance and song.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
President (Pikmin) - idk, it'd just seem silly imo

Slime from Dragon Quest - It's a slime

Wood Man - memes

Wurmple - funny fake leaks

Minecraft Creeper - I think Steve would be the more-likely candidate, but the Creeper is my favorite Minecraft mob :p

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Shadow the Hedgehog turns to Lucario with a quizzical expression. "I know I've heard that voice before, and I don't like it one bit."

Last edited:

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Kiddy Kong. People would be furious that Kiddy got in before Dixie. Also DKC3 was a good game. No need to change my mind.

Or, y'know, the Kong without Style, without grace. The one with a funny face.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

He looks cool and we don't have a serpent character yet. It would also be completely out of left field

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
The thought of the Dovakiin shouting people off the stage amuses me greatly. It is for this reason, and the salt that people would have that its not their Dovakiin (now with 1000% more mods) being represented, that I support them.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Silver the Hedgehog.

So we can have the Sonic 06 tro back.

Sonic Shadow Silver

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I want another Fire Emblem character, possibly with a gameplay similar to Marth and co. because while I hate the fact that Fire Emblem has a lot of samey characters, I got used to the fact that people criticize Fire Emblem for being bad represented/overrepresented and Smash in general for having too many anime swordmen, so much that I don't want that trend to stop anymore, it's iconic to Smash now and it's part of its identity.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I want another Fire Emblem character, possibly with a gameplay similar to Marth and co. because while I hate the fact that Fire Emblem has a lot of samey characters, I got used to the fact that people criticize Fire Emblem for being bad represented/overrepresented and Smash in general for having too many anime swordmen, so much that I don't want that trend to stop anymore, it's iconic to Smash now and it's part of its identity.
This reasoning is absolutely disgusting. I hate it, and fully support and agree with you.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi with his assist trophy moveset of stomping on a players head while there down. (Must include rose and tennis racket)
(Must have silly running animation)

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Probably Excitebiker just to have the first vehicle riding smash character. Not Wario who only uses it for his Side Special, I'm talking perma motorcycle action.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I want Shrek and Goku unironically to see the salt and tears produced by the fandom(and cuz Goku would be fun to play as too), and ironically for the memes tbh.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmm...
  • Peachette as a palette swap just because she spawned many memes.
  • Bubsy, because that would be hilarious.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Vaati: It would be hilarious (in a "OMG WTAF" way) to see Vaati perving on and/or attempting to kidnap the female fighters. (And, yes, that is totally something Vaati would do.)

Bomberman: I really want to see Snake recognizing Bomberman and making a call-back to his participation in Dream World TV Fighters (though I suppose I'll be getting that anyway with Simon), as well as Bomberman butting heads with Wario.

Last edited:
Top Bottom