• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Lloyd Irving

Smash Ace
So, I was bored today so I photoshopped up a few Lloyd for Brawl sigs. Unfortunately, I have literally never used photoshop before, so they aren't exactly professional. Getting better ones from the Artwork Emporium would be nice, if anyone actually cares. In the mean time, here you go.

The first thing I ever created with photoshop. I don't think that the large picture of Lloyd looks as good as I thought it might. By the way, his Lloyd image is from Soul Caliber, not ToS.

This is the image from Falcon Crest, but black and white. The quality isn't great because I stole it off of a youtube clip; if anyone has a better image I could improve this.

I decided to redo the last one with a filter that hides the poor image quality. Unfortunately, I actually sorta liked the old border, but it just doesn't work as well stylistically with this filter. Also, I slightly recolored Lloyd's eyes in the first image. In hind sight, that was a good idea. It's subtle, but it makes them stand out. I'll probably do that here, too, but I haven't yet.

{EDIT: I'm having some trouble uploading this one. We'll see how it works.}
My last (and least favorite) sig. I really don't think that it turned out well. Sad. Anyway, I was thinking of the
Iselia disaster
near the beginning of ToS when I made this, although it is certainly a liberal interpretation.

EDIT: These signatures have been edited slightly, and a new one is done:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Considering that you're so unexperienced with Photoshop, those are rather nice. o_0
I've been working for years with The Gimp and I couldn't do something like that... well, I could try, I guess.

Tesla7zap

Smash Rookie
After I surprisingly discovered Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia was gonna be in Soulcalibur Legends I started to think about his possibilities as a Brawl character. He may not be so popular though, but I suppose some of the ones that's been confirmed aren't either. ToS is pretty much exclusive to Nintendo too (if you neglect the fact that the PS2 remake for the first game that was only released in japan). Lloyd uses two swords to combat with, he's pretty fast, and he's good with combo-attacks. Okay so Lloyd would be unique in the way that he would be able to change his attacks a bit (in the thick of battle, OR somehow changing it before the battle or just being randomly chosen for you,).

In ToS you could be aligned to Technical or Strike, which allowed different attacks to be performed. Changing between T and S would be Lloyds Down Special Move (Similar to Zelda/Sheik, if it would be possible to change T or S before the battle the Down Special Move could be Guardian), when doing this, Lloyd would raise his hand in the air and his EX-sphere would glow a bit to acknowledge the change.

MOVESET

Here's how I would imagine his moveset would be, notice that I don't get into too much detail, I figure it's enough to observe the various references I put at the bottom.

Normal Move <-> One slash forward, then spins around with his swords

Forward Move <-> Slashes forward, three times

Down Move <-> Downward sword slash

Up Move <-> Jumps a little bit into the air and do two slashes OR, standing on the ground and slash upwards (Would remind of Marth)

Forward Smash <-> T: Raging Beast S: Hunting Beast

Up Smash <-> T: Tiger Rage S: Heavy Tiger Blade

Down Smash <-> Not sure about this one (Maybe kinda like Marth too)

Standard Special Move <-> T: Double Demon Fang S: Fierce Demon Fang

Side Special Move <-> T: Sword Rain: Beta S: Sonic Sword Rain.

(For this attack, every press on the attack button would result in one fast jab in a long combo. For T, it would have around 11 jabs total and ending with Tiger Blade. For S, it would have 7 jabs total and ending with Sonic Thrust)

Up Special Move <->T: Omega Tempest S: Psi Tempest

Down Special Move <-> EX Gem align change or Guardian

Final Smash <-> Falcon's Crest

Right then, he would appear on the stage by using Rising Falcon from the border of the stage. His taunts would be taken from the end-battle scenes in ToS, the music that's played at the results screen (where everyone claps in the background) if Lloyd is victorious would be from the end-battle scene too.

ITEM
As a related usable item it could be EX-gems. There would be two different kinds of them, like the mushroom and poison mushroom. The first one makes you more fast and more strong, the other kind would be an EX-gem without a keycrest, which turns whoever picks it up into a monster (which looks like a giant cucumber) for some time, while being a monster, you lose control over your character and swing your long arms to whatever is closest, friend or foe.

ASSIST TROPHY
As an AT, Colette could come fly into the stage with her wings and does Hammer Rain or Pow Pow Hammer. Or Gnome (cause he’s just too awesome) could come rolling in and start to attack people with his twirling bow-tie or rosette or whatever it’s called, or by doing Stalagmite or something. Or maybe even a Katz could come in and do something XD

COSTUMES
In ToS, Lloyd could get 3 different costumes, bathing suit, pirate costume, and dinner suit, these could be the different color combinations.

STAGE
The related stage could be inside the Tower of Salvation, the place you were fighting at would be a big platform, and in the background Remiel would fly around and throw spells at you. It could have some other features too (maybe falling debris, allthough it’s not original) but can’t come up with anything at the moment.

REFERENCES
Here are some movies for reference to see how Lloyd performs his different techniques in combat:

Boss Battle - Remiel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj51UCBR7gc

Boss Battle – Gnome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-bt_7eorE&

Technique FAQ:
(Detailed info about how the techniques look while being performed)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/561316/32889

So yeah, this is my idea of how he would be. I think he would really fit as a Brawl character.

boringryu89

Smash Rookie
I think you're going a little far with that moveset, I mean...you'r giving lloyd his lvl2 lvl3 tech for his regurlar b attacks...

Using such strong attacks would make him feel way too powerfull. I'd say give him his lvl 1 techs and it would seem better...

like his standard b move would be - Demon Fang
his side b could be- Sonic thrust
his down b could be-Sword rain
his up b could be-tiger blade ( althought I'd rather have him do the rising falcon!)

but his side smash being -Beast would kick a divine amount of ***...

Final Smash would be of course Falcon crest

Top Bottom