• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been brought up, but Source Gaming did a video with Jon from GameXplain about who they think is coming in FP2.

Now I should mention that this appears to be largely opinion based (they mention Super Monkey Ball as a possibility, and act like Tales doesn't have enough legacy to be in Smash).
> "Tales has no legacy."

ab0.jpg

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Implying that the best Sega rep isn't Football Manager coach
>Implying that the best Bamco rep isn't the Idolm@ster Producer

Nice try everyone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>Implying that the best Sega rep isn't Football Manager coach
>Implying that the best Bamco rep isn't the Idolm@ster Producer

Nice try everyone.
>Idolmaster Producer

nah fam it’s gotta be meme girl Riamu

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We better get a remix of this masterpiece whoever from Im@ it is.

You're welcome. :denzel:
I love this.

But I also hate this.

But I also love this.

But I also hate this.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been brought up, but Source Gaming did a video with Jon from GameXplain about who they think is coming in FP2.

Now I should mention that this appears to be largely opinion based (they mention Super Monkey Ball as a possibility, and act like Tales doesn't have enough legacy to be in Smash).
There's not much point to watching this for anything other than entertainment, for some mysterious reason Gamexplain's predictions only become really accurate a few days before the stuff they predict gets officially revealed...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We better get a remix of this masterpiece whoever from Im@ it is.

You're welcome. :denzel:
Fun fact if it’s loading that long that you hear the full song your disc is botched

don’t ask me how I know that

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I played a bit of Skies of Arcadia. Still need to finish it, but I loved what I played.
vyse has been my number 1 pipedream never-ever most wanted since i got into smash spec

even just a mii costume would make me ascend to the good place out of sheer hype

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898

Wow, toxictry over urshifu? The best choice for a gen 8 rep?

smh Jon

D

Deleted member

TBH all of my most wanteds are characters I doubt are getting in ever, but I imagine a MTG character is at least feasible, but unlikely(unlike my Star-Vader dream which falls under no anime)

Like MTG is the biggest card game in the world, spanning back 20 years. And Smash is a game meant to celebrate gaming history!
The characters also have enough unique personalities and designs that there isn’t anything in the way there.

Really the only thing I can see is that while MtG is technically feasible as a potential selection Sakurai and co don’t pick it to focus on only video game characters, which is what I’m expecting. If it happens it happens, cool! if not I’m not gonna complain.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wow, toxictry over urshifu? The best choice for a gen 8 rep?

smh Jon
I don't think many people would object to getting Toxtricity over Urshifu. The latter gets frequently predicted, but not because it's a Pokemon people genuinely want. It's more of a pessimistic, "DLC Pokemon inevitable because promotion."

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Chief is not nearly interesting enough to be a character in Smash. His value is vastly overstated by the few weirdos who read Halo books.
Guys I know saying Tales has no legacy is dumb but this is the bad take the world needs

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've wanted to play Skies of Arcadia ever since Vyse made it into Sonic Racing Transformed but SEGA won't port the damn thing. :/

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You are absolutely correct, but you have to remember that nobody here has play Fire Emblem, or how it's actual characters world's and role function

If the character is a teenager / young adult male and have a sword = FE Bad

Any variable different than that = FE Good

Black Knight is a older man with sword, but he's bulky and a powerhouse

So according to Smashboards, he's alright in our book
Actually, even if you DO know a little about FE, you can still make excuses for it.

Ike and the Black Knight both had the same teacher(Ike's father), so it's entirely possible that they would know the same moves. Black Knight being a slower, stronger Ike(i.e. a Ganondorf to Ike's Captain Falcon), would be perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've wanted to play Skies of Arcadia ever since Vyse made it into Sonic Racing Transformed but SEGA won't port the damn thing. :/
My dream is HD visuals + Dreamcast music + GameCube difficulty adjustment

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They ported it to the Gamecube, at least! ...too bad that the Gamecube version seems to sell for about $150 to $200 on average. (I'd gladly buy it if they released it digitally - it looks like the kind of game that I'd enjoy)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That seems entirely subjective, and a rather poor justification for saying that a character shouldn't be in Smash.
Isn't every justification for why a character should/shouldn't be in Smash(besides "Is this a video game character? Y/N?") subjective?

My dream is HD visuals + Dreamcast music + GameCube difficulty adjustment
The Dreamcast version has different music?

I'm honestly surprised that Ryo (not to be confused with SNK's Ryo) isn't brought up more.
Probably because Yakuza does everything Shenmue does, but better in every way.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isn't every justification for why a character should/shouldn't be in Smash subjective?
That's true; I should have made it clearer that I was referring to the first part (saying that Master Chief "isn't interesting enough" to be in Smash Bros.).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, even if you DO know a little about FE, you can still make excuses for it.

Ike and the Black Knight both had the same teacher(Ike's father), so it's entirely possible that they would know the same moves. Black Knight being a slower, stronger Ike(i.e. a Ganondorf to Ike's Captain Falcon), would be perfectly acceptable.
By that logic literally every playable character from Three Houses would've fought the same way due to Byleth teaching them. And that's ludicrous if you consider all of their differences. Add onto that that Alm and the rest of the Ram Villagers were all taught by Mycen and yet all of them canonically wield different weapons and have different fighting styles, that Quan was taught at the same academy as Sigurd and Eldigan despite being a Lance user and not a Sword user, and that Merric and Arlen were both taught by Wendell despite the former being a wind mage and the latter a thunder mage, and having the same teacher literally doesn't matter.

The Black Knight and Ike have that shared background, but that's literally all. They aren't even part of the same unit archetype. Ike is a Mercenary/Hero and the Black Knight is a General. Ike is an Infantry unit while the Black Knight is an armored unit. The Black Knight's equivalent to Ike's Aether, Black Luna/Eclipse, has a grounded animation, so in other words, it'd make zero sense for him to be doing aerial flips. The Black Knight is also not fast at all. His Assist Trophy showcases his movement speed perfectly. Quick Draw would not work. That and he couldn't work as an Ike echo simply because they don't share the same frame.

By making the Black Knight an Ike echo, you'd be stripping away literally everything that makes him who he is, and proportionally it wouldn't even work.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
regardless of his chances, I thought of a way doomguy could be a mii costume and match a official design(either a gunner or a swordfighter with a chainsaw)
1594519802891.png

I.D.

Smash Lord
"waaaaaaa nobody in the newcomer thread has played fire emblem" even though this thread derails into FE discussion more often than any other series.

Also Ike and BK literally use the exact same weapon with a different color and are clearly meant to be foils to each other. Saying he wouldn't work as a clone because of ONE MOVE is laughable. And aren't fire emblem fans always complaining that Ike is portrayed as slow in smash? But now he's suddenly too fast for an armored clone.

D

Deleted member

Want to ask a question that I’m not sure is a good idea to ask but figured eh why not?

What’s your most hot take-y character want?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"waaaaaaa nobody in the newcomer thread has played fire emblem" even though this thread derails into FE discussion more often than any other series.

Also Ike and BK literally use the exact same weapon with a different color and are clearly meant to be foils to each other. Saying he wouldn't work as a clone because of ONE MOVE is laughable. And aren't fire emblem fans always complaining that Ike is portrayed as slow in smash? But now he's suddenly too fast for an armored clone.
It's not one move. It's his entire build.

The Black Knight is an impenetrable wall while Ike, even in his slower Smash incarnation, looks like Sonic in comparison.

Please either boot up the game and see how his Assist Trophy is represented or leave it to the people who know what they're talking about, because implying that he'd work as an Ike echo is incredibly dumb.

I.D.

Smash Lord
It's not one move. It's his entire build.

The Black Knight is an impenetrable wall while Ike, even in his slower Smash incarnation, looks like Sonic in comparison.

Please either boot up the game and see how his Assist Trophy is represented or leave it to the people who know what they're talking about, because implying that he'd work as an Ike echo is incredibly dumb.
Out of curiosity do you also think Chrom using Marth's moveset is incredibly dumb or is that arbitrarily okay despite not sharing build, frame nor fighting style?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I
Want to ask a question that I’m not sure is a good idea to ask but figured eh why not?

None other than the Legend himself!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity do you also think Chrom using Marth's moveset is incredibly dumb or is that arbitrarily okay despite not sharing build, frame nor fighting style?
Chrom doesn't have Marth's moveset. He has Roy's, minus his Up B which is Ike's and a FS that is completely unique to him. Marth and Roy in this game play nothing alike.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
black knight has so much armor anyways he probably can't even do half of ike's attacks without those shoulder pads getting in the way

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

If it's a hot take you want... I think Shy Guy and Magikoopa would've been way better choices for "playable generic Mario enemy character" than Piranha Plant.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Chrom doesn't have Marth's moveset. He has Roy's, minus his Up B which is Ike's and a FS that is completely unique to him. Marth and Roy in this game play nothing alike.
Oh please. Okay, he uses the moveset of someone using Marth's moveset, better? Not like Chrom and Roy have anything in common either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom