• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yeah, at this point in time, I don't see any personal value in holding on to the Cacomallow Leak. It's gone on for too long, and with the Vault Boy Mii Costume coming in the next Challenger Pack it makes me doubt this leak entirely. As much as I'd love Doomguy and think a Cacodemon Hat would be a pretty believable Mii Costume to be bundled with him, if it's taken as long as it has, then it's probably not real.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
People kinda dropped off of talking about Minecraft Steve being in Smash, but I still think it's really plausible they'd throw them in. It fits with the rating, Minecraft has been on pretty much every Nintendo Platform, the whole promotion thing with putting Mario Bros. in the switch edition. I know it pisses some people off thinking of Steve being in smash due to lack of personality or what have you, but I think it'd be better than another Pokemon fighter being added.

Plus having the capacity of being one of the most unique fighters in the game due to the putting down blocks, and mining and crafting thing
Or just throw Steve in as a Mii Swordfighter Costume, people would prolly go crazy over that

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I asked people how exactly they think 2 Mii hats have taken 7 months to develop when they looked close to, if not fully finished in that "leak", and I was called out for "devaluing" Mii costumes and "not understanding how things work behind the scenes".

It's the classic Smash community fallacy of "if this leak supports what I want to happen, then it's real".

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I asked people how exactly they think 2 Mii hats have taken 7 months to develop when they looked close to, if not fully finished in that "leak", and I was called out for "devaluing" Mii costumes and "not understanding how things work behind the scenes".

It's the classic Smash community fallacy of "if this leak supports what I want to happen, then it's real".
Actually the wording was, why would they make the costumes last and not along with the fighter? Let's not twist words here.

However let us pose a new question. Would they make Mii costumes during the development of a fighter, or wait to the end AFTER the fighter is made?

Also, hello everyone. Long time no see

EDIT: I am neutral to any leak. Might of come off strong, but I assure you, I am actually curious what others think of my question.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We really don't know how soon they finish up Mii costumes for release. We lack a serious amount of information. Yes, it's possible they have them prepared even a year in advance at times. The earliest they can be is when they were licensed. It might be a separate team from the character creators too. Considering Sans was licensed over 7 months in advance, we know "a lot of time" isn't a meaningful statement nor anything conclusive to begin with.

It's better to not use flawed arguments like time at that point. I think it's fake, but time wasn't the reason why. It looks worse and worse each day if it was a case of being taken down by Nintendo(which wouldn't have proved it's real, but since they won't take it down, that's hard evidence it's fake).

It skipped exactly two characters at that point(those were blatantly in testing, so no way they could've been recorded months prior for Terry), which only leaves Byleth(and it's possible they weren't ready to be recorded yet. I doubt they recorded anything "separate" from others, but admittedly that was a silly point of mine. We don't know either. Which further shows how "time" is not a good argument either. It goes both ways. The thing to remember is that we have a months on end potential leeway based upon when the actual thing was licensed. And that has proven to be over 6 months. Mii costumes can literally be ready at practically any time, but they'll be released at a specific time according to the licensed agreement. So it doesn't matter remotely how "long" they've been in development either. That's how the actual development works. Just like it wouldn't have mattered that we waited a long time for Min Min. If they were real, which they obviously aren't regardless, they'd just as easily been able to come with her regardless of those two extra months. The time factor is not actually relevant to a development cycle and planning.

Besides, the whole 1:1 thing is ridiculous. Models cannot be perfectly replicated. It makes sense why people only came very close. Nobody, even with enough time, could replicate it, period. This means the modder who made it couldn't recreate it from scratch in a video ts show anyone. Coming out and claiming it is pointless. They cannot legitimately prove it.

There's quite literally nothing leading to it being real regardless.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
C'mon, obviously the Cacomallow leak is fake. It's already been over half a year; it's just a quality mod. Instead, we should be talking a leak that actually has potential.

Look at the pixels, something is missing - IT ALL LINES UP

ISAAC CONFIRMED?!

I have no idea what you're talking about, I would never do that.

I just think we should hear this Grinch guy out is all. He seems like a real straight shooter.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
C'mon, obviously the Cacomallow leak is fake. It's already been over half a year; it's just a quality mod. Instead, we should be talking a leak that actually has potential.

ISAAC CONFIRMED?!

I just think we should hear this Grinch guy out is all. He seems like a real straight shooter.
In all honesty, still banking on Grinch for Fighter 11. This was a precursor for the long game.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

ISAAC CONFIRMED?!
when were you when Venus adept dies
i was sat home watching direct when assit trophy revel
Isaac is deconfim
no

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Personally I keep an open mind about Cacomallow, but it’ll definitely be dead for me if neither hat is here with FP7.

That being sad, I also don’t know why people take it so seriously. I know the hats could come separately, but they don’t guarantee the characters they imply even if they’re real (even if there being another SMRPG mii thing instead of just Geno does make him seem likelier as a fighter), and really, you’re likely to see at least one of the characters before the Mii costumes anyway, as the characters are revealed before them in each presentation, so it seems kinda meh, plus there’s no need to be so serious about it.

That also being said, the “haha funny” memes and people who are annoyed by even those who just consider it possible for some reasons (and aren’t rude about it) aren’t any better.
It should also be noted that there's nothing that implies Cacodemon and Mallow would be the only new Miis. For all we know, there could be a Geno or Doomguy costume coming with them, and we all know what that would mean.

Of course, this assumes that CacoMallow is real in the first place, which is getting more and more unlikely with every new reveal.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
when were you when Venus adept dies
i was sat home watching direct when assit trophy revel
Isaac is deconfim
no
I may or may not have heard as much slightly before the reveal and then spent the intermediate time sitting in the isaac thread like

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, at this point in time, I don't see any personal value in holding on to the Cacomallow Leak. It's gone on for too long, and with the Vault Boy Mii Costume coming in the next Challenger Pack it makes me doubt this leak entirely. As much as I'd love Doomguy and think a Cacodemon Hat would be a pretty believable Mii Costume to be bundled with him, if it's taken as long as it has, then it's probably not real.
I have a feeling, while not a rule, I would expect any new company coming in would come with a character first, followed by Mii costumes, rather than the other way around. It's why I'm not expecting a Ubisoft or Bethesda character. Since DLC has been done in multiple stages, that doesn't exclude companies that had content around the time of the base game or first fighter's pass. But any Mii costume from a new company that comes in makes me skeptical a character from that company will be in. Not a certain thing, though.

People kinda dropped off of talking about Minecraft Steve being in Smash, but I still think it's really plausible they'd throw them in. It fits with the rating, Minecraft has been on pretty much every Nintendo Platform, the whole promotion thing with putting Mario Bros. in the switch edition. I know it pisses some people off thinking of Steve being in smash due to lack of personality or what have you, but I think it'd be better than another Pokemon fighter being added.

Plus having the capacity of being one of the most unique fighters in the game due to the putting down blocks, and mining and crafting thing
Or just throw Steve in as a Mii Swordfighter Costume, people would prolly go crazy over that
If Steve is a character, I hope they include Minecraft costumes of Smash characters (e.g., Mario, Donkey Kong, Banjo) in addition to other notable characters in Minecraft as alts. Would make Steve far more unique that way and actually use his avatar status to an advantage.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Steve is a character, I hope they include Minecraft costumes of Smash characters (e.g., Mario, Donkey Kong, Banjo) in addition to other notable characters in Minecraft. Would make Steve far more unique that way and actually use his avatar status to an advantage.
Doesn’t feel very unique imo, Steve is actually used as a character in stuff and those characters are already playable in the game, so throwing them on Steve is weird. Alex would also likely take up an alt. if not half. Just throwing random skins on them would suck imo, and they can make him expressive easily as the Nether Update trailer proved.

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so suppose Vol. 2 had 10 fully unique fighters. Who would you want, and who do you expect? Here's my general wishlist:
View attachment 276509
1.) Min Min
2.) Ryu Hayabusa (for the possibly and curiosity of his moveset; will it be a mix of original Ninja Gaiden, reboot Ninja Gaiden, Musou/Warriors, and/or Dead or Alive, or it will be just one moveset with no reference toward the other. Will Hayabusa's weapon arsenal from Ninja Gaiden be the original or reboot? His Ninja's appearance is it blue or black. Will Hayabusa have fighting game input from Dead or Alive for one of his move or will that input move be a standard B special.)
3.) KOS-MOS (basically a walking tank with military grade arsenal/weaponry and known to be a jack of all trade fighting style. I expect if there is no Tekken character(s) for Smash, then she could be the one who may borrow some of the Tekken fighter's fighting style for her neutral move input or grab. If anyone is curious, she does have the ability to record/mimic a character movement as mention in Project x Zone/demonstrated by being a special costume in Soul Calibur where she can use any weapons.)
4.) Euden (at least the first official Nintendo mobile rep and a dragon transformation/sword fighter fighting style)
5.) Itsuki Aoi & Chrom (a magical electric swordsman w/a possibility of a special involving his crew members performing their musical talents.)
6.) Rick Taylor (a slasher and horror icon)
7.) Sam Fisher (a character that could heavily relied on stealth rather than close range combat)
8.) Adam Jensen (a character who never ask for this)
9.) Gunvolt (run-and-gun fighter)
10.) The main hero of Time Twist (a obscure character that has the ability to possess human/animal for a short moment. May have the appearance of a devil.)

What are your out of the blue Mii Costume predictions (like Sans and Cuphead)? We already got Vault Boy for Min Min, so I'll say...
- Geno
- Hollow Knight
- Doomguy
- Shantae
- Freddy Fazbear (Yeah, I'll defend this one)
-The Outer Worlds
-Lara Croft (costume already appears in Final Fantasy 15/Rainbow Six)
-The Beheaded (Dead Cell)
-Yooka-Laylee
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Lloyd
-Etrian Odyssey

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Doesn’t feel very unique imo, Steve is actually used as a character in stuff and those characters are already in the game. Alex would also likely take up an alt. if not half.
A character whose alts reference other characters, allowing for situations where you have Mario vs Minecraft Mario, sounds pretty unique to me. And that's why I mentioned in addition other Minecraft characters would likely be included.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A character whose alts reference other characters, allowing for situations where you have Mario vs Steve Mario, sounds pretty unique to me. And that's why I mentioned in addition other Minecraft characters would likely be included.
But then it’s just Mario vs. Mario but with Steve’s shape and moves. It’d be nicer if they let him and Alex and maybe a few other Minecraft characters be expressive like in the Nether Update and Dungeons trailers - he isn’t just a skin, and Smash wouldn’t be his first crossover.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve dd start out as just a skin.

But he also gained an identity in due time. It took longer than someone like Link, but he's not just a skin anymore. He's an outright character. It doesn't mean he can't have some neat skin options in the same way Pikmin & Olimar have Alph either, since the reason the skins work is "cause they play pretty much the same". Steve makes sense with having skins of others. But he's no less a full-out character, not just a skin. Both reasons work for either which way. I think he's better off with an Alex alt and his alts can reference other notable skins within Minecraft. Various enemies, etc, could give him a different shirt/pants design based upon those.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

If the Grinch leak is fake, then the guy who made it has to be the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is more likely.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon but no one is that crazy right!?

Wait...there was a guy that bought a bunch of Rosalina amiibos, because he hated her so much that he didn't want any of her fans to have her...OH S***! GUYS!?!? :4pacman:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If the Grinch leak is fake, then the guy who made it has to be the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I know this is a copypasta now and all... but the leaker did do this/paid for it to be done. That's so much crazier than the guy who just wrote it all out.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
What are your out of the blue Mii Costume predictions (like Sans and Cuphead)? We already got Vault Boy for Min Min, so I'll say...
- Geno
- Hollow Knight
- Doomguy
- Shantae
Mortal Kombat classic ninja costume. Color is dependent on Mii's color and it brings along Techno Syndrome as a music track.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
In my heart of hearts I still deeply wish the Grinch Leak was real, because I really want to see how Mach Rider would play in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace

Did the guy that post that ever admit he was wrong? Wasn't following what people were actually saying about the "leak" when it was going on.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
In my heart of hearts I still deeply wish the Grinch Leak was real, because I really want to see how Mach Rider would play in Smash Bros.
I think it's safe to say most of us wished the Grinch leak was real, but looking back now, there was a lot of needless hate at both sides of the community at the time.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I still want Isaac to be a playable fighter in Smash, and not because him and his series are significant omissions from the roster, or whatever. I just really want an earth bender in Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve dd start out as just a skin.

But he also gained an identity in due time. It took longer than someone like Link, but he's not just a skin anymore. He's an outright character. It doesn't mean he can't have some neat skin options in the same way Pikmin & Olimar have Alph either, since the reason the skins work is "cause they play pretty much the same". Steve makes sense with having skins of others. But he's no less a full-out character, not just a skin. Both reasons work for either which way. I think he's better off with an Alex alt and his alts can reference other notable skins within Minecraft. Various enemies, etc, could give him a different shirt/pants design based upon those.
Yeah I think the best thing to do would be Steve and Alex half-and-half alts. (Steve being the main) with tuxedo Steve, dress Alex, and mob-designs on their clothes (and maybe pumpkins)...and maybe a couple of spin-off only characters like Jesse and a Dungeons character (personally I just want Steve and Alex but I know it may happen; I’d also love Herobrine alts. but of course that very likely wouldn’t happen even if they wanted to due to weird, apparent legal stuff...).

Steve started as a standard skin but was soon turned into the main dude who is always pushed in marketing, merch (including plush toys and figures) and stuff and nowadays official pixel art etc. alongside Alex and the Creeper (even if, besides the Creeper, they’re sadly not in novels and maybe not the movie...). He was the main character in the 2011 Minecon trailer, made a couple of crossover appearances in at least two other indies (one that same year; Super Meat Boy, the other was Retro City Rampage, and Minecraft’s crossover appearances don’t stop there even if Steve was only playable in those first two), and of course he and Alex are the main characters in modern trailers and stuff like I said.

I think skins based on Mario and such would not be nice at all personally, unless it’s literally Steve and Alex with their clothes on instead of them being replaced. Though I don’t think they would actually do this tbh since it doesn’t really make sense to use skins of characters who aren’t from Minecraft when representing it in Smash. I mean, it’s fine if others would like it of course, but as someone who really likes and cares about Steve and Alex, personally please no.

Also, having more than just Alex as alts. could cause issues if they don’t make unique facial animations for them all (hopefully assuming they use the beautiful, expressive animation style in the Nether Update trailer, though personally I wouldn’t mind their original animations either; I just, y’know, think they’re cool and they make Steve and Alex feel even cooler...), though I guess this is fine for most of the original Minecraft human characters (might not work well with some Nintendo skins and other character skins).

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
God The Nov 1st, 2018 direct sucked (and would have regardless of the Grinch leak happening or not). It was totally not worth waking up early for and I remember drowning out my immense disappointment at Isaac's demise with some (very delicious) Chinese food.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, who wouldn't wish for the Grinch leak to be real? You're basically trading Incineroar for Geno, Banjo, Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider and Chorus Men in base. And it doesn't preclude getting DLC later.

Basterds.gif

Apologies to the Incineroar fans out there... but... c'moooon.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon but no one is that crazy right!?

Wait...there was a guy that bought a bunch of Rosalina amiibos, because he hated her so much that he didn't want any of her fans to have her...OH S***! GUYS!?!? :4pacman:
There are, indeed, people that crazy within this fandom.

No all-lowercase here because it's just true. This site likely just got DDOS'd the other day by a rabid fan. Mariotehplumber's exploits are well documented (and it's probable he was behind the Grinch leak), people have almost lost their jobs because of people in this fanbase and we've had people doxx themselves on this site for clout. Don't forget the people who've weaved intricate webs of lies via alt accounts and led on countless users. Also the surprising amount of pedophilia, but that's mostly on the competitive side of things.

I don't know what about funny party fighting game attracts such people, but it's the reality we live in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
With my objectively good, or dare I say great taste in games. I made a wish-list for the Fighter's Pass. Not an outright prediction, but I added Min-Min since we know she in-in.

Junk 1.png

The 6th character could have been anyone, Lara, Sub-Zero, Crash, Bill Rizer, Phoenix Wright ect. I just went with Bomberman since he's a productive member of society most of the time. I was gonna do a top 10, but I figured I should stick to what's in the DLC itself.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
God The Nov 1st, 2018 direct sucked (and would have regardless of the Grinch leak happening or not). It was totally not worth waking up early for and I remember drowning out my immense disappointment at Isaac's demise with some (very delicious) Chinese food.
I had to attend a class during the second half. And because it was college, I could get away with watching it with one earpiece out.

Although, I do wonder how many people noticed my absolutely confused face when I witnessed Piranha Plant's reveal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, this DLC could be like the last one, Just give me 2 or 3 cool characters and I'm good.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
“Okay, hear me out. I want to make the longest Ultimate Direct at 40 minutes, but only have 2 characters, no more stages, and disconfirm everyone’s fan favorites. How would we fill the time? I dunno, maybe talk about sound settings or something.”

StormC

Smash Hero
I had to get up at like 6 AM for my first day at a new job and I had to sit through that direct first

box theory being true was way worse than grinch leak being fake imo

like on balance the direct wasn't awful or anything but compared to the 8/8 direct which was much shorter and way denser with new content... yeah

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait? What's this about a new leak?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Okay, so suppose Vol. 2 had 10 fully unique fighters. Who would you want, and who do you expect? Here's my general wishlist:
This is my wishlist:
2241E89B-1F59-484D-A428-AF7221A68057.jpeg

The only characters I’m confident in predicting are another Xenoblade character & another Pokemon. I have no clue what will happen when it comes to third parties, but I think Dante & 2B have a decent shot.

- Geno
- Hollow Knight
- Doomguy
- Shantae
- Hollow Knight
- Hat Kid
- Ori
- Rash
- Captain Price or Ghost
- Tracer
- Handsome Jack or Claptrap
- Big Daddy
- Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
- Akira Howard
- Ring Fit Adventurer

Shroob

Sup?
I had to get up at like 6 AM for my first day at a new job and I had to sit through that direct first

box theory being true was way worse than grinch leak being fake imo

like on balance the direct wasn't awful or anything but compared to the 8/8 direct which was much shorter and way denser with new content... yeah
We tried to warn ya'll.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Mii Costumes I want:

- Hollow Knight
- Shovel Knight
- Quote (Cave Story)
- Hat Kid
- Klonoa
- Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
- Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
- Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)