• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Welp... guys...
as expected... time will tell if he was telling the truth

also I TOLD you this was rigged in a way that he leaked her without actually saying it in a way the Nintenjas would nab him
It's going to be really funny if the character is Springman and he reveals he was just trolling with the poll

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Or it could be a Hero-like composite character situation. That way no matter who won the poll, he would technically be right.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Or it could be a Hero-like composite character situation. That way no matter who won the poll, he would technically be right.
I'm not sure if a Hero situation would work for all four of them. Maybe Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Min Min would work, but Twintelle seems like she'd have different hitboxes due to her extendable arms coming from her hair, and hitbox differences were enough of a reason to make Lucina into a separate character from Marth.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And I'll laugh when it turns out to be Min Min tomorrow. :troll:
Like I would love for it to be Minmin but when was the last time an new series never went with the protagonist/mascot first?

ARMS maybe young yes but whose always seen on the art cover? Its Spring Man alongside Ribbon Girl, but its more the former that is seen as the mascot.

Assists can easily be promoted and that's something I could see Sakurai saying in the presentation how that wasn't hard comparing Alucard, Knuckles and the Moon on certain stages as well as the same character appearing at once on an stage such as:ultchrom:in:ultrobin:Final Smash and one of his/her victory animations.

You may say "What was the point of Guess Who? then?". Chances are they probably didn't have the trailer finished by then or COVID-19 interfered with development and so told us who'd be next from an series to not keep us waiting.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and hitbox differences were enough of a reason to make Lucina into a separate character from Marth.
It wouldn't even be a Lucina situation. It'd be an Isabelle one due to needing to be fully reanimated with a different skeleton.

D

Deleted member

that inspired me to do a thing

What are the top 5 must have songs with your dream fighters?
for me:

Neku: Twister Remix (final battle), Emptiness And, Calling (Smash Remix), Give Me All Your Love (with that one lyric removed cause this game is for Good Boys And Girls), Make Or Break
Octoling: #8 - regret (Smash Remix), Splattack (Octo) (renamed to #3 - splattack, cause it's Dedf1sh remixing it and wanna keep up with the lore), Tidal Rush (yes I know it's from the base game and not Octo Expansion, idc), #13 - shade, and Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)
Elma: Uncontrollable (original and instrumental so off the bat that's two songs), aBOreSSs (Prog Ares), Black Tar, In The Forest X -> Z Ver (Yggralith Zero)
Black Shadow: Feel Our Pain ~ Fire Field (F-Zero GX), Paper Engine ~ Outer Space (F-Zero GX), Theme of Captain Falcon (...yeah it's obvious they're all gonna be from GX at this point), Theme of Dr. Stewart, Theme of Black Shadow
Geno: Beware the Forests Mushrooms, Hello, Happy Kingdom, Fight Against an Armed Boss, Fight against Smithy and Goodbye Geno.

Reimu: U.N Owen was Her, Beloved Tomboyish Girl, Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke, Night of Nights and Septette for the Dead Princess.

Phoenix Wright: Objection 2016, The Fragrance of Dark Coffee, Great Revival ~ Miles Edgeworth, The Steel Samurai and Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016.

Isaac: Venus Lighthouse, Isaac Battle Theme, Versus Saturos, Fusion Dragon, and Battle with Briggs.

Dr. Eggman: Stardust Speedway, Aquatic Ruin Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Vs. Death Egg Robot and E.G.G.M.A.N.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You may say "What was the point of Guess Who? then?". Chances are they probably didn't have the trailer finished by then or COVID-19 interfered with development and so told us who'd be next from an series to not keep us waiting.
I think it's also because ARMS hype was pretty low at the time. If they just dropped Spring Man or whoever, everyone would go, "Who the heck is this?!" By starting a guessing game, people are now invested in the game and it's characters. Sure, it'd be kind of a letdown to wait for the obvious choice, but now all eyes are on the ARMS rep, for better or for worse.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it's also because ARMS hype was pretty low at the time. If they just dropped Spring Man or whoever, everyone would go, "Who the heck is this?!" By starting a guessing game, people are now invested in the game and it's characters. Sure, it'd be kind of a letdown to wait for the obvious choice, but now all eyes are on the ARMS rep, for better or for worse.
Never really thought of that actually. Really good point there.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if a Hero situation would work for all four of them. Maybe Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Min Min would work, but Twintelle seems like she'd have different hitboxes due to her extendable arms coming from her hair, and hitbox differences were enough of a reason to make Lucina into a separate character from Marth.
That makes sense. That is why I eliminated Twintelle when the ARMS character was first announced with the "fighters arms can extend" screen, even though she is my favorite ARMS character. Unless Twintelle is the solo character representing ARMS, I don't think she will be in even if ARMS gets a Hero situation. My prediction is Spring Man and Ribbon Girl, each with four color swaps.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One of the main reasons why I want it to be Spring Man is because he's one of the only characters who could be given character alts. Ribbon Girl and Springtron are easy to imagine, but maybe Sakurai could get Ninjara and Min Min to work as well.

If he goes with Min Min and adds stuff like her dragon arm and reflect kick, then there's really no way you can explain that being used by a different character.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
If we do get alts(not expecting it), I hope it's something like Springman/Ribbon Girl/Spring Tron. That would be fine with me since the 3 are all somewhat similar. Adding people like Ninjara or Min Min to that group just feels wrong

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I will be kinda annoyed if the Lloyd mii costume comes back, because I actually kinda want a tales character in this dlc.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Phoenix Wright: Pursuit - Cornered, Objection - 2001, Pursuit - Overturned, Objection - A New Chapter of Trials (2016), Pursuit - Lying Coldly

Doom Slayer: Rip and Tear, At Doom's Gate, BFG Division, Flesh and Metal, Argent Combat

Monokuma: Danganronpa Main theme, Beautiful Dead, Discussion - Break, Scrum Debate, Monokuma's Tutoring

Agumon - I actually don't have any real preference here besides me wanting some Rumble Arena music.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sanity Beach/Title Screen theme, Crash 2 theme, Crash 3 theme, Hog Wild, Dingodile boss theme

Kratos: GOW 1 Theme, GOW 2 Theme, Rage of Sparta, GOW (2018) Theme, Duel with Hades

Steve: Subwoofer Lullaby, Living Mice, Moog City, Haggstrom, Main theme

Master Chief: Honestly haven't played too much of the games to get a good feel for the best music, but as long as this is included, I will be happy.

Crypto: DAH 1 Theme, DAH 2 Theme, Rockwell Hunted, Area 42 Normal, Bay City Hunted

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh I realize I forgot KOS-MOS in my dream fighters with music list. I can't think of much music for her tbh, but including Brave New World from Namco X Capcom would be neat I guess

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Reimu: Necrofantasia, Nuclear Fusion, Boarder of Life, Love Colored Master Spark, and UN Owen Was Her

Bomberman: Boss Theme (Super Bomberman), Redial, Battle, Terror, and Landlord
I'm not familiar with Touhou music at all, but I liked this post just for the boss theme from Super Bomberman, because that was a great song.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Given that any character can use any of the Arms, I don't think it has to be Spring Man to represent ARMS well. I think going by that logic is limiting potential of the character by quite a bit, especially if one is keeping it locked to only the base Arms. A big part of ARMS is the multiple weapons, to ignore that would be incredibly disappointing to me.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Given that any character can use any of the Arms, I don't think it has to be Spring Man. I think going by that logic is limiting potential of the character by quite a bit, especially if one is keeping it locked to only the base Arms. A big part of ARMS is the multiple weapons, to ignore that would be incredibly disappointing to me.
I get your point, but personally I feel that the range of their ARMS will be the ''gimmick'' of the character. I'm not really expecting multiple ARMS and being able to switch between different ones, if anything, I think we will get a different weapon for each special move, but beyond that I think that the character will mostly revolve about the range.

That's just how I feel about it, maybe Sakurai will prove me wrong.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

for me:

Neku: Twister Remix (final battle), Emptiness And, Calling (Smash Remix), Give Me All Your Love (with that one lyric removed cause this game is for Good Boys And Girls), Make Or Break
Octoling: #8 - regret (Smash Remix), Splattack (Octo) (renamed to #3 - splattack, cause it's Dedf1sh remixing it and wanna keep up with the lore), Tidal Rush (yes I know it's from the base game and not Octo Expansion, idc), #13 - shade, and Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)
Elma: Uncontrollable (original and instrumental so off the bat that's two songs), aBOreSSs (Prog Ares), Black Tar, In The Forest X -> Z Ver (Yggralith Zero)
Black Shadow: Feel Our Pain ~ Fire Field (F-Zero GX), Paper Engine ~ Outer Space (F-Zero GX), Theme of Captain Falcon (...yeah it's obvious they're all gonna be from GX at this point), Theme of Dr. Stewart, Theme of Black Shadow
Rika (Phantasy Star) -
Dungeon 1 (FM Ver)
Field Medley
Ooze
Can Still See the Light
Our Fighting (ver. Miyabi)

MooMew64

I get your point, but personally I feel that the range of their ARMS will be the ''gimmick'' of the character. I'm not really expecting multiple ARMS and being able to switch between different ones, if anything, I think we will get a different weapon for each special move, but beyond that I think that the character will mostly revolve about the range.

That's just how I feel about it, maybe Sakurai will prove me wrong.
I honestly hope it'll be a little more than that. Like, even if we get SM I'll still find a way to enjoy it, but it'll really just leave me feeling that there would be so much missed potential in multiple ways.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ever since March I’ve been doubting the idea of multiple ARMS characters in one slot because of the model differences (and kind of loathing the idea in general) but the wording of Zhuge’s poll makes me suspicious. It could absolutely be a joke, but it is an odd situation for sure.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Anyways, time for me to guy by the Fighter Pass. I gotta give Nintendo money so I can get the chance to be disappointed 6 times in between now and December of next year! :4pacman:

In case the Pacman emote didn't make it clear, I'm kidding: I'm sure the DLC, tomorrow's included, will be great.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As I mentioned, I do believe the twitter poll is a hint. That being said, I’m still sticking with Spring Man/Ribbon Girl inkling situation (makes more sense to me than a Hero situation), as it fits more with how I personally view Smash. But I am biased as I’d rather have the Main Character rule stay in tact, particularly as it makes Sakurai’s previous decisions questionable, whereas the assist trophy fan rule is just silly. But I have very little stakes in the outcome, and I am fully prepared if it is Min Min tomorrow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There have been leaks. They just aren't public.

EDIT:

No I don't know anything in particular. Do not ask.

But there are always leaks among the insider crowd. It's just whether someone spills the beans or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom