• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There also Final fantasy due to how many protagonists there are and the logo in smash being generic enough that they can easily get away with something like that.

But lol no
I'd be incredibly hyped for another FF character, even if they come with just two music tracks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly the Touhou thing is really strange because I don't remember a single soul talking about it during the Brawl and Smash 4 eras.

Like honestly the first time I ever even heard about this series was when I saw people pushing for Reimu on /v/, and quite frankly at the time I legitimately thought it was just some sick attempt at trolling Smash fans, much like what happened with Steve of Minecraft fame. But then I visit forums ResetERA and this place where I see people legitimately support her and I'm like "what?"
Sometimes a leak can get people to consider a character they never gave much thought to. Or people who already were fans of this thing or that thing will think "Hey YEAH! Why shouldn't we support this dude/this chick more?" And even if things don't turn out to be true, enough genuine interest will last and said character will have a sizable fan following from there. Whether or not that's the "right" way or "wrong" way to support a character I can't really say for sure. But it's happened.

At least, that's what I could gather from my observations.

Granted, Touhou isn't something I care about in the slightest. So I kind of assumed it was one of those smaller fan-bases that only got louder when their character actually got acknowledged.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'd be incredibly hyped for another FF character, even if they come with just two music tracks.
If they did add another, I hope it's Gilgamesh.
Not only would the Void spitting him into the world of Smash be completely in line with him, he could also bring in a bunch of counterfeit weapons referencing other Square properties: Crono's katana, the Sword of the Brave, a copyright-safe Keyblade, a Geno doll with real firing action...

andree123

Smash Ace
So Smashboards, I posted this in Smashfaqs but I'll also post this here since it's really important

So I actually got to talk to an inside source, and he allowed me to share info
Anything your inside source gotten right?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Umm, if anything, that could potentially be a huge strike against him if FP6 is next week.

E3 would be the most appropriate setting for Crash, without a doubt. Can’t imagine him getting revealed anywhere else.
I disagree. If Cloud Strife can get revealed in a generic Nintendo Direct, there's really nothing saying you can't unveil a high profile character there.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You're disingenuous at worst or ignorant at best. Dragon Quest, being a massive success in Japan, has always been a heavily requested franchise in Japan and various parts of the West similarly to how Banjo-Kazooie was more requested in the West in Japan, so we got 2 heavy requested characters, not 1.
Beyond that, Joker was too new and seemed too unlikely to many to really be heavily requested, but to act like Joker wasn't an incredibly popular addition is just false. Terry was also very popular in Latin America and other places.
Even Byleth, or Three Houses in particular, was a popular choice, even if not the most popular choice amongst fans.
Beyond that, not all DLC characters are meant to be for fans of Super Smash Bros, some of them, such as Joker, are meant to bring in fans from other series who may give Super Smash Bros. a look-see if a character from their beloved series was included.
Oh wow, two characters, what a step up. Totally show that there's so much to look forward to with Vol 2.

As for Joker, where did I say to make you think that I don't see Joker as a popular addition? Joker and Terry aren't requested characters despite being popular. Call of Duty use to be really popular yet no one is saying "let's get Captain Price in Smash."

As for Byleth... you do know that they decided on him way before Three Houses was even released. In fact, in 2018 when Three Houses was first shown off people were wanting Edelgard and didn't pay attention to Byleth at all. They didn't include Byleth because Three Houses was popular or people just started requesting him, they included him before people even experience Three Houses. Don't act like Nintendo was listening and put Byleth in because of how successful Three Houses was. That game could've flopped and Byleth would've still gotten in because everything was finalized in November 2018.

D

Deleted member

You can say that for lots of characters currently in Smash. Captain Falcon literally never left his car prior to being in Smash.
Name them all
And Ashely is an assist, which takes no effort to make up moves for her. Hence, why we have echoes

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
There also Final fantasy due to how many protagonists there are and the logo in smash being generic enough that they can easily get away with something like that.

But lol no
I knew I was missing a few series.
Same here, especially if it was Terra Branford. I'm kind of hoping they'll add Final Fantasy VII Remake tracks in the next game if Cloud returns..they might be cheaper since Uematsu isn't doing most of FFVII Remake's soundtrack.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Name them all
Captain Falcon
Wii Fit Trainer
Piranha Plant
Duck Hunt Duo
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch

Hmm, now that I think about it everyone who wasn't in a fighting game beforehand had to have at least some moves built in from scratch. Literally everyone.

Lots of characters also take moves from other characters in their series like Palutena, Ness, and Lucas.

I think it’s perfectly clear that Sakurai can literally build a moveset from almost any character. And Ashley has plenty of potential. All you need is a basic sense of imagination.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I have no doubts at all that they could whip up a unique moveset for Ashley...
But I'd be much more interested in seeing someone like Jimmy T. or 9-Volt make it in instead. Maybe its because "magic user" seems too easy to make a moveset for whereas "disco dancer" or "kid what plays video games good" challenges my sensibilities on how they could fight in Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So Smashboards, I posted this in Smashfaqs but I'll also post this here since it's really important

So I actually got to talk to an inside source, and he allowed me to share info

First of all, all the Deconfirmations in this topic are correct

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78385583

if you don't want to go to Gamefaqs he is Deconfirmation list

Toad

Captain Toad

Dixie

Nathan Drake

Sora

Phoenix Wright

Professor Layton

Gunvolt

Scorpion

Sub-Zero

Goku

Shovel Knight

Pokemon from Sword and Shield

Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Sol Badguy

Ragna the Bloodedge

Ryu Hayubusa

Joker Buffs

Crash Bandicoot

Lana from Hyrule Warriors

Lana from Pokemon Sun and Moon

2B

Doomguy

Tracer

Travis Touchdown

Ganondorf with a more unique moveset

Silver the Hedgehog

Kazuma Kiryu

Ronald Mcdonald

Iron Man

The Hulk

Darth Vader

Lego Darth Vader

Nightmare

Dante (Dante's Inferno)

Mallow

Euden (Dragonlia Lost)

Lloyd Irving

Zero

Knuckles

Morrigan

Steve from Minecraft

My Mom

My Dad

Arle

Freddy Fazbear

Super Meatboy

CJ (Grand Theft Auto)

Sly Cooper

Tabuu

Second of all, No I don't know ALL the characters. I do Know two of them though

Master Chief will be Playable in Super Smash Bros

But there is another character that Rarely anyone is Speculating, Until Now. there is a reason I've been confident in this character. but now with my inside Source I can safely and hypely say

Shadow the Hedgehog will be Playable in Super Smash Bros

I Don't know if this Inside Source is connected to Sabi, Vergeben, FatmanonIce, or whoever. I didn't ask him about that.

My source is a pretty cool guy. He saw i wanted Shadow in smash so he just told me he was Playable. I'm so excited guys, I hope you are too

However besides the Deconfirmations, there is other possible Dissapointing news

I got info on a Few Mii Costumes as well

Crash Bandicoot, Sora, Lloyd (again), and Gunvolt are Mii costumes

I know that these characters are really popular...well maybe not Gunvolt that much, But I've Played his games and he's cool. I'm so sorry
Thank you Kanye, very cool!
I talked with my source (who correctly predicted Byleth in Smash) and they told me 3 of the 6 characters: Baboom, Don Quixote, and [REDACTED]. I couldn't believe it when they contacted me out of the blue and gave me all this Smash info. But it's totally legit I swear.
I'm gonna main Don Quixote so hard.
Three paths stand before you...also I'm not going to make posts like this a habit I swear.

So, I've already posted my dream Volume 2. Here it is again!

I also wanted to give myself a challenge where I substituted every character with a character from the same company (with the exception of the fifth fighter, who is a wildcard).

And finally, the Golden Deer completely wacky path where I put all my totally unrealistic fun choices with no sense of it ever happening and zero expectation thereof:

Choose wisely, traveller. Also trying to merge timelines gets you locked onto Pass 3 for...reasons. Also I realized I could make a billion of these things for fun, surprisingly relaxing.
Pass A is primo, I'ma pick that one. Pass B is pretty great too, but Don-chan keeps it from perfection for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai said the lack of a hat would be a problem, and yet female Byleth has animation changes.
The hat mostly hides the hair in game like how Corrin's limbs don't actually change but rather shrink and grow, or how Kazooie's shrunk down when not beimg used in animations, meaning they'd have to reanimate nearly everything, including an entire taunt and every victory animation. Considering Terry's animations are more detailed than anyone else's as they're done by hand instea of being affected by physics to mimic SNK's high quality sprites, that's a lot more work

osby

Smash Obsessed
The hat mostly hides the hair in game like how Corrin's limbs don't actually change but rather shrink and grow, or how Kazooie's shrunk down when not beimg used in animations, meaning they'd have to reanimate nearly everything, including an entire taunt and every victory animation. Considering Terry's animations are more detailed than anyone else's as they're done by hand instea of being affected by physics to mimic SNK's high quality sprites, that's a lot more work
This is the first time I've heard of it. Sounds interesting, is there a source about it?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
The argument that Ashley can't get in due to her moveset having to be made up is false, because other characters whose movesets had to be made up have been added.

The argument that Ashley probably won't get in due to her moveset having to be made up could be true, because most characters in Smash didn't have to have their movesets made up, and Sakurai has made comments suggesting that moveset potential is important when he picks characters.

The argument that Ashley shouldn't get in due to her moveset having to be made up could be true, depending on one's values, as it's a normative argument.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Listen, I don't give a damn if Terry is throwing and adjusting his invisible hat, give me my ****ing Garou alt.

terry garou.png

If Little Mac can toss his invisible Sweatclothes off him, I wanna say Terry can toss an invisible hat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is the first time I've heard of it. Sounds interesting, is there a source about it?
I got that from dataminers around when Terry launchef but I don't remember any names of who said it I'm afraid, though it's something Sakurai WOULD do judging by a lot of specific details like a SMAAAAAAASH effect being added if Ness hits a Starman with an fsmash in 3ds

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
ok guys i got a source that conveniently fits with the theory that ive made (but i didn't make up the leak like some people have i swear) and he told me that Erdrick is gonna be in smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
ok guys i got a source that conveniently fits with the theory that ive made (but i didn't make up the leak like some people have i swear) and he told me that Erdrick is gonna be in smash
Literally who? Nobody wants Erdrick and this 'info' goes against Cacomallow, after all, if you can't perfectly replicate a model, something impossible without the actual files, it MUST be real, not to mentions Square is stingy so Mr. Square Enix would refuse because it's clearly their fault Cloud doesn't speak English!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Just let Terry throw the scalp of his head around like a hat whenever the animations call for it, it'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

Consumers don't care how much work it takes to make the animations, don't cry for them. After all you're not the ones choosing the characters
Listen, I don't give a damn if Terry is throwing and adjusting his invisible hat, give me my ****ing Garou alt.
Not before I get my Mirror of Fate alt for Simon

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, here's what I feel is an interesting discussion topic.
A Bandai Namco series that hasn't been speculated on.
.hack
It has a lot of original video game series, but its a media franchise similar to how the Fate series is now, but it was always meant to be a multi-media franchise and it began with an Anime Series (.hack//Sign) before moving into the .hack video games, manga, anime, anime tie-in, etc...but its also owned by a video game company and even saw its characters included in the Project x Zone series (using the first .hack games and eventually the .hack//GU games).
Like, are we going by what the franchise began with or what media the characters used are originally from?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Like, are we going by what the franchise began with or what media the characters used are originally from?
Who knows what Sakurai thinks? I'm pretty sure the character has to originate in a video game to have a support thread here, though.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
So, here's what I feel is an interesting discussion topic.
A Bandai Namco series that hasn't been speculated on.
.hack
It has a lot of original video game series, but its a media franchise similar to how the Fate series is now, but it was always meant to be a multi-media franchise and it began with an Anime Series (.hack//Sign) before moving into the .hack video games, manga, anime, anime tie-in, etc...but its also owned by a video game company and even saw its characters included in the Project x Zone series (using the first .hack games and eventually the .hack//GU games).
Hack is in a weird place, like is the Witcher.
I like the world, there are also a lot of music's and specific tunes associated to Hack I would like (the desktop, Aqua Mac Anu, Skeith theme...). A Hack rep has nearly zero chance to happen, but I would be hyped!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom