• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, the way I think right now is: the moment characters suddenly become more and more requested, they lose their charm and surprise factor. Suddenly it's a pick made to make fans happy without the genuine shock value.

Don't start complaining about this because I technically got what I wanted anyways. I think that we should open ourselves to even more out-of-field picks. Happened to me with Joker, and now Persona became one of my favorite franchises. I just love the idea more, though if your goal is to be satisfied, then I don't see the issue.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Don't start complaining about this because I technically got what I wanted anyways. I think that we should open ourselves to even more out-of-field picks. Happened to me with Joker, and now Persona became one of my favorite franchises. I just love the idea more, though if your goal is to be satisfied, then I don't see the issue.
But you was the one who was INSANELY calling Nintendo sexist because no female characters. You should really ease up before.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hmm. If we get a direct next month I'd say we have a good chance of seeing the first fighter in there. No way is Nintendo dumb enough to leave a season pass open without telling us some of it's content for six months. We could get a fan favorite like Waluigi or Rex to start the pass, or we could get another surprise pick to start the pass. Both choices are valid.

I.D.

Smash Lord
But you was the one who was INSANELY calling Nintendo sexist because no female characters. You should really ease up before.
Nuh-uh because according to my arbitrary rules Kazooie doesn't count as a female character because she shares the spotlight with Banjo, meanwhile female Byleth does despite sharing the spotlight with the DEFAULT male Byleth.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hmm. If we get a direct next month I'd say we have a good chance of seeing the first fighter in there. No way is Nintendo dumb enough to leave a season pass open without telling us some of it's content for six months. We could get a fan favorite like Waluigi or Rex to start the pass, or we could get another surprise pick to start the pass. Both choices are valid.
I'll make an even bolder prediction. Waluigi is the next fighter but is standalone DLC seperate from the pack to bridge the gap between FP1 and FP2. And the first FP2 reveal doesn't happen until like April or even E3.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Like, it's okay to want a female character, but you was kinda rude toward Ryu's fans? I just hope that everybody gotten nicer over time.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nuh-uh because according to my arbitrary rules Kazooie doesn't count as a female character because she shares the spotlight with Banjo, meanwhile female Byleth does despite sharing the spotlight with the DEFAULT male Byleth.

This proves female Byleth doesn't exist, that means Kazooie is the only female in the Fighters Pass. :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

he's holding the weapons like he doesn't know which one he wants to carry cause his inventory is full

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'll make an even bolder prediction. Waluigi is the next fighter but is standalone DLC seperate from the pack to bridge the gap between FP1 and FP2. And the first FP2 reveal doesn't happen until like April or even E3.
The first fighter of FP2 better be a big one then because it's hard to follow up after Waluigi lol

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm all for tweaking Fire Emblem characters to make them less clone-y. Give Marth his Fire Emblem, man.

View attachment 258488

And for people who nag about Fire Emblem overrepresentation, here's a question: what is your ideal number of Fire Emblem reps?
:ultmarth:(:ultlucina: & :ultchrom:alt)
:ultike:
:ultrobin:
1579441031019.png

It pains me to cut :ultroy: because I really like him as a fighter and I love his design. :ultcorrinf:would be the first to be cut even though I like Corrin's design.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
May seem dumb, but I read a message saying Sakurai promised something about Rex. Only Rex I’ve heard of in SSBU is the Mii Outfit that comes with Fighter’s Pass vol. 1. Enlighten me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
May seem dumb, but I read a message saying Sakurai promised something about Rex. Only Rex I’ve heard of in SSBU is the Mii Outfit that comes with Fighter’s Pass vol. 1. Enlighten me.
That's why a part of me feels Rex might be among the 6 remaining DLC fighters along with Rillaboom.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My current predictions who the remaining 6 are.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Rex
Rillaboom
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

Most likely wrong but whoever isn't when it comes to these?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So it’s pretty much common knowledge that Persona 5 made a Super Smash Bros Reference, and we got Joker. Deltarune made one as well, and we got :nessecho:

A6377BEB-CC95-455C-8A8D-BDF0AC413FDF.jpeg

DC8BD45F-1826-4B52-BAA9-C823DC128117.png

I.D.

Smash Lord
Basically Sakurai said something along the lines that Rex couldn't make it into the game because Xenoblade 2 came out too late to be considered.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess I'm trying to find an excuse to keep Chrom in the game. The other option would be to make him his own character instead of a Roy echo because I do not want to cut Chrom. I still remember Smash 4.
Chrom is in a really weird spot when it comes to future Smash games, lol. Like, Ultimate shows that Sakurai has no qualms about him being in Robin's Final Smash as well as a playable character, and presumably Robin wouldn't be cut (I just can't see him being cut considering Sakurai added him to represent key elements of the series that are otherwise absent), so in theory he could always come back because they'd need to make his model anyway. And his popularity helps. But then on the other hand he's an echo of a semiclone.

It's a hard call, and honestly it just makes me happy that Ultimate's gonna be around for a good long while.

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna do my predictions again

-Master Chief
-2B
-Sol Badguy
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dante
-Reimu

as for mii costumes I’m predicting

-Steve or creeper(headpiece for all mii types)
-BlazeBlue character mii outfit
-Shantae(swordfighter)+1 track. Please?
-Lloyd,heihachi,gil,geno,chocobo,& monster hunter costumes return
-Shovel Knight(Swordfighter)+1 track
-the knight(Swordfighter)+1 track
-dark souls mii outfit
-viewtiful joe(Brawler)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Now I got a FP2 game. Make your ultimate middle finger fighters pass, or the one that's made to 100% piss people off. The only rules I have are no 4th parties and no more than 1 character per series, so no 6 Fire Emblem reps. Mine is:
1. Alm as another Roy semi clone
2. Cinderace(Love the pokemon but please no for smash)
3. Pink Gold Peach as a unique fighter
4. Tingle
5. Brash the Bear(One of the most rejected characters in Rate Their Chances history)
6. Steve, so the final character can end with flame wars
1. Reimu
2. Edelgard
3. Darkrai
4. Waluigi
5. Madolche Puddingcess
6. Saber

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The first fighter of FP2 better be a big one then because it's hard to follow up after Waluigi lol
Yeah i'm thinking Waluigi is the next standalone DLC fighter and Crash kicks off the new Pass in April or June.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly, the way I think right now is: the moment characters suddenly become more and more requested, they lose their charm and surprise factor. Suddenly it's a pick made to make fans happy without the genuine shock value.

I should've figured that you would start rubbing this **** in as soon as you got your female character.

You really have no right to act like the voice of reason with how you've behaved these past few months.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I should've figured that you would start rubbing this **** in as soon as you got your female character.

You really have no right to act like the voice of reason with how you've behaved these past few months.
She went back to the Kosmos thread just to gloat to her "fellow Kosmos supporters" about how happy she is :laugh:
Zero self-awareness.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Shroob came up with an interesting theory on the Social thread on the possibility of there being more fighters in the form of Echos. Especially given Sakurai never mentioned there wouldn't be any.

Assuming the WoL leak is true four more DLC Echos would help fill in the remaining four slots and whose to say some of these supposed Echos won't be revealed alongside some of the remaining 6 fighters?

If true I could see Octoling being among those.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
So Shroob came up with an interesting theory on the Social thread on the possibility of there being more fighters in the form of Echos. Especially given Sakurai never mentioned there wouldn't be any.

Assuming the WoL leak is true four more DLC Echos would help fill in the remaining four slots and whose to say some of these supposed Echos won't be revealed alongside some of the remaining 6 fighters?

What is this WoL leak???

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

If something like Waluigi ends up getting upgraded from AT to playable with this pass, I hope Shadow gets the same treatment as an echo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What is this WoL leak???
A long while back there was this datamining regarding 16 slots being found within the game. People propose this would be the amount of DLC we'd get including the ones already confirmed.

It also fits given that's enough to fill in each missing game on the character select screen.

D

Deleted member

Now I got a FP2 game. Make your ultimate middle finger fighters pass, or the one that's made to 100% piss people off. The only rules I have are no 4th parties and no more than 1 character per series, so no 6 Fire Emblem reps.
Alright yall let's do this.

1. Dane (The Quiet Man)
2. Jake Conway (Ride to Hell: Retribution)
3. Robo Arm Lady (Battlefield V)
4. Maeko (Sakura Spirit)
5. Bendy (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
6. Dante (DmC: Devil May Cry)

Last edited by a moderator:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman

Wouldn’t put too much stock into that. Since we’d inevitably have to pay for echoes seems weird they didn’t announce they’d at least be doing them. That and despite having lots of time, judging by how long it takes to make a character and all the content (look at joker), I doubt they would juggle echoes as well into that mix

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn’t put too much stock into that. Since we’d inevitably have to pay for echoes seems weird they didn’t announce they’d at least be doing them. That and despite having lots of time, judging by how long it takes to make a character and all the content (look at joker), I doubt they would juggle echoes as well into that mix
I doubt the possibility too just thought I'd bring this over to this thread for something for people to discuss on.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Okay here's a scenario for all of you. Let's say that the characters announced in the second fighter pass meet these criteria:

- One of them is awesome, but you've never played the game he/she is from
- Two of them you are indifferent about (don't love, don't hate)
- One of them you are happy about because they are legendary (define that how you will, but you have to have a good argument)
- One makes you hella salty
- One is so good it justifies the entire pass by itself.

Awesome: Sakura (Sakura Wars)
Indifferent: Dante, Sora
Legendary: Crono
Salty: Another Fire Emblem Character (seriously literally anyone else wouldn't make mad).
Best Pick: Mike Jones

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
A long while back there was this datamining regarding 16 slots being found within the game. People propose this would be the amount of DLC we'd get including the ones already confirmed.

It also fits given that's enough to fill in each missing game on the character select screen.
:(

Thought for a second that there was a rumor about Warrior of Light coming to Smash

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Chrom really doesn't work as a Marth alt.
I think the most accurate they could represent Chrom is make him have his own moveset, and then make Lucina be his echo fighter. Would make sense canonically, unlike how it is now.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think the most accurate they could represent Chrom is make him have his own moveset, and then make Lucina be his echo fighter. Would make sense canonically, unlike how it is now.
But Lucina's whole shtick is being female Marth.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I agree. I assume Pass Sales were low until Joker was announced & then they skyrocketed. I imagine the same will happen this time, especially if there’s a character as crazy as Joker that opens the pass.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
To move away from the Fire Emblem stuff, I've been thinking about how Cassandra Lee Morris has been involved with 2 DLC character announcements already. Let's keep the trend going and see who else she could be involved with:

Officer Howard
Rean Schwarzer
Elma
Neptunia
Tiz Arrior
Monokuma
Sol Badguy
2B
DOA rep
Asbel
Club Penguin rep
League of Legends rep
Indivisible rep
Spyro
Arle
Lann or Reynn (World of Final Fantasy)
Atelier rep

You know what, I think I'm changing the way I predict characters from who makes sense to who could get Cassandra Lee Morris involved.
Any theory that has an atelier rep is a good theory in my totally unbiased book.

Okay here's a scenario for all of you. Let's say that the characters announced in the second fighter pass meet these criteria:

- One of them is awesome, but you've never played the game he/she is from
- Two of them you are indifferent about (don't love, don't hate)
- One of them you are happy about because they are legendary (define that how you will, but you have to have a good argument)
- One makes you hella salty
- One is so good it justifies the entire pass by itself.

In your answers, you can "upgrade" spirits, but not assist trophies. Only one answer per category.

Mine are:

Awesome - Crash
Indifferent - Doomguy and Lloyd
Legendary - Geno (fan favorite of the Smash community)
Salty - A new Pokémon rep
Best Pick - Scorpion
Awesome but never played the game. - Rythm heaven girl. (hard choice, i tend to play the games i like.. rythm heaven probably is the biggest exception)
Indifferent - Dante and Kos Mos (Interesting and fun characters, i just don't care about them. wouldn't mind them getting in.)
Legendary - Doomslayer. (Popularity, Relevancy, Nostalgia and over all that? is FUN, I would choose Alucard, but no AT's)
Salty - Ryu Hayabusa (I don't think that i have a feasible character that would make me really salty. but i decided Ryu because i think I would prefer an atelier rep or a dynasty warrior rep reather than Ryu... GENO is staring to come close, but i try to remind me that there are still tons of chill non vocal Geno fans out there)
Best Pick- Morrigan Aensland (Best pick? Best pick)

Overall though? i think is a prett neat pack.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
They are probably gonna show the next character before the 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom