• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm probably one of the few people that haven't brought any DLC because I wanted to see all the character before deciding if it was a good idea or not, and I guess this last character will decide if I get the whole pack or just buy the characters I like separated.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Since the amount of minutes left is in the single-digits now, I just want to say this: If this fighter somehow turns out to be someone I actually want - say, Elma, Amaterasu, Phoenix, etc. - I'll head over to the eShop and buy myself the entire Fighter Pass while Sakurai's still talking.

45 minutes until Darth Plagueis the Wise gets in.
I haven't heard of his tragedy yet. Care to tell me?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I'll be very surprised if it ends up being a "big name" character. Feels like it's going to be fairly niche.
Okay, definitely fits less with the easy joke I made.

Shilling aside(cause how else did I get people to know of my favorite series?), there's a lot of niche stuff.

It's also worth noting for Verge is that his words are clear as "supposedly not in", meaning any of those companies/characters are actually possible, as it's just what the sources heard. My guess is that since it's not who is actually in, he's not as worried if his source heard wrong. Leakbait can happen, though how do you have 50 pieces of leakbait at once? So it's probably stuff they heard that was considered, but didn't know what fell through. This would explain the lack of leaking an actual character.

----------------------

Unrelated, but what did Sabi even leak about Ultimate as is again? Disconfirmation list aside. I know of that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
BTW... sakura on the thread poll was a very awkward pick XD.. i mean... 0 people are predicting her to be the character...

SHE IS IN!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone, it's been a while

It's almost time...

Should be obvious who I want

But honestly have no idea who it'll be for once and I'm kinda relieved to say that

Only prediction I'll make is that we only get 1 character here, nothing post-pass

And if I'm wrong, that's even better :smirk:

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy the presentation!

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I got Joker and every DLC fighter so far has been satisfying to play atleast... but god damn do I hope FP5 is someone I actually want.

4 minutes before Death

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Still going for KOS-MOS.
But I think I'll bet on Metal Slader Glory just for fun.
And no, no Arle. Not yet. No Mii costume just please that's all I ask.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I haven't heard of his tragedy yet. Care to tell me?
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

I thought not. It's not a story that Sakurai would tell you. It's a Melee legend. Darth Plagueis was a Fox main of Melee, so powerful and so arthritic he could use Wavedashing to influence the controller ports to create stocks… He had such a knowledge of 20XX, he could even keep the crew he cared about from falling out of bracket.

The Melee is a pathway to many techniques some consider to be unnatural...

He became so top tier… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his ranking on Smashboards, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice JV5 him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Zeox

Smash Champion
It's ok people, Sakurai is just about to reveal exactly that one character you wanted all along, so please calm down there's no reason to get hyped.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright lads and ladies. It's almost time to finally find out who this last one is. Just remember. Hype responsibly. And keep it clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom