• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think it’s time to shed some light

This has ben found in the geno and doomguy thread so sharing in my words

Also if you look at the outline of his hair

Now to prove this isn’t farfetch let’s go back to terry and banjo

Banjo

Look at th shoulder blue

The arm has brown

Red and yellow in the hair

Even more obvious

On the shoulder red and you can even tell it’s from terry’s shirt

And on his hair the blue background from his character portrait

It means the videos pick up the background of the character in his outline

So who could have a brown background and green/dark green

There’s only 2 answers

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme..._medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_term=link

It’s one of the two mark my words
"Also if you look at the outline of his hair"

LMAO we're at the point of speculation where we're trying to find hints from Sakurai's hairline?

Not saying this theory is dumb or anything but it just sounds absurd.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Video game genre classification can be subjective to a degree, but typically platformers are considered action games, not action-adventure. So it'd be two for RPG, two for action (platformer and fighting), and none currently from action adventure.

That being said these seem more like non indicative tags for SEO purposes. Pretty standard stuff.
A regular platformer, maybe, but I'd say a collectathon like Banjo-Kazooie can definitely be considered to have adventure elements.

That said, it's all moot now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if leaks including dates, hints, Sakurai's three fingers or whatever comes into account. Here's whose in the running.

Arle Nadja
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
KOS-MOS
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

Anyone else I'm missing?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So if leaks including dates, hints, Sakurai's three fingers or whatever comes into account. Here's whose in the running.

Arle Nadja
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
KOS-MOS
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

Anyone else I'm missing?
Doomguy, Dovahkiin, and you especially forgot Baboom

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The amount of obsessing over one picture of Sakurai is ridiculous. People beg for information for two months, and when they finally hear that they're announcing stuff in two days, they take the one photo and desperately try to decode what it means like ravenous mad scientists. Just chill people. The three finger posts were annoying in concept before people started posting them since they just built off of the horrendous speculation around Daisy using one of her taunts...

Like I can't tell who just ironically makes posts about it and who is genuinely crazy enough to theory craft around it anymore lol.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Gonna go out on a limb here and make a crazy, bold, tinfoil hat prediction here that will most likely never happen.

Fighter 5 will be...
... a character.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think it’s time to shed some light

This has ben found in the geno and doomguy thread so sharing in my words

Also if you look at the outline of his hair

Now to prove this isn’t farfetch let’s go back to terry and banjo

Banjo

Look at th shoulder blue

The arm has brown

Red and yellow in the hair

Even more obvious

On the shoulder red and you can even tell it’s from terry’s shirt

And on his hair the blue background from his character portrait

It means the videos pick up the background of the character in his outline

So who could have a brown background and green/dark green

There’s only 2 answers

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme..._medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_term=link

It’s one of the two mark my words
Personally, I think this is just another bout of mad rambling the Smash community is trying to pass off as a theory.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
regardless if FP5 turns out to be something I like or not, I hope that the actual update comes with cool non-Fighter Pass stuff like the FP1 update did.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Nandai co-developed the game and still only has Pac-Man. First four Fighter Pass entries were third-party.
I vote Cress. Normally I'd say Yuri or Lloyd but Joker is the only example of a series-debut character who isn't the playable protagonist (or mascot) of the series' first game.

D

Deleted member

>sakurai getting bored of swordfighters
>three fingers
>wild theories accepted to be fact with barely any thought put into them
oh **** oh ****
EOQth7yU0AAzuhu.jpeg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What do you think the artifacting is actually from, then?
I worded that wrong. What I mean is I really don't think this means much at all. It's just Smash fans trying to flex their pattern recognition skills again, and we all know how well that usually goes for this community.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
OMG you’re all freaking me out! Sometimes this fanbase goes nuts with speculation for every little thing that will support them. So a character with brown somewhere? That could be anyone. And besides, any number of characters could take any number of background colors, even in base game. I mean, Pokémon trainer is on a yellow background, despite his primary costume color being red, his primary pokémon is a fire type (red), his in-game canon name being “Red,” and yet he gets the color of his backpack...which you can’t even really see in Smash gameplay since he stands in the background facing the screen.

Now we’re saying that a few greenish pixels mean we’re saying that the only possible explanation is the character’s full suit of armor? Possible, and that name’s been thrown out a lot, but we can’t say anything definite yet.

All I know is we’ll have one thread celebrating, probably another couple who are miserable since their character got Mii’d or they’re from too similar a genre or the same company so it makes it look really unlikely, and then everyone else will move on to speculation on the next character based on what color shirt Sakurai chose to wear that day or something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The amount of obsessing over one picture of Sakurai is ridiculous. People beg for information for two months, and when they finally hear that they're announcing stuff in two days, they take the one photo and desperately try to decode what it means like ravenous mad scientists. Just chill people. The three finger posts were annoying in concept before people started posting them since they just built off of the horrendous speculation around Daisy using one of her taunts...

Like I can't tell who just ironically makes posts about it and who is genuinely crazy enough to theory craft around it anymore lol.
To be fair, while the gesture very likely means nothing regarding the character, the pic of Sakurai is usually cropped from his actual presentation video, so I can see why people would think like that.

However, it is just two more days, and this analyzing stuff people do doesn’t really help anyone know the character ahead of time...but, hey, to some people, this is genuinely just silly fun while they wait...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Arle Nadja
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
KOS-MOS
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

Anyone else I'm missing?
Pretty sure all of these characters have been disconfirmed at some point. I think Travis in particular was shot down by official sources (though I could be wrong on that).

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
If FP5 ends up being Doom Slayer after ALL THIS time I'm actually going to laugh a lot
All this clownery for the last 3 month just for the character to end up being the first one that was "deconfirmed" back then lol
(Still not expecting it tho, most likely we boutta get some obscure a** character lmao)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pretty sure all of these characters have been disconfirmed at some point. I think Travis in particular was shot down by official sources (though I could be wrong on that).
Honestly I don't really believe in those anymore give the whole gaming company deconfirmation fiasco a while back.

At this point anyone is game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dunno, have people ever thought that the background for this might just be Nintendo wanting to keep the character a mystery?

At this point every crazy theory here makes me think that all these would indicate the Noble team from Halo Reach, as just as the name implies these theories are just reaching.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
OMG you’re all freaking me out! Sometimes this fanbase goes nuts with speculation for every little thing that will support them. So a character with brown somewhere? That could be anyone. And besides, any number of characters could take any number of background colors, even in base game. I mean, Pokémon trainer is on a yellow background, despite his primary costume color being red, his primary pokémon is a fire type (red), his in-game canon name being “Red,” and yet he gets the color of his backpack...which you can’t even really see in Smash gameplay since he stands in the background facing the screen.

Now we’re saying that a few greenish pixels mean we’re saying that the only possible explanation is the character’s full suit of armor? Possible, and that name’s been thrown out a lot, but we can’t say anything definite yet.

All I know is we’ll have one thread celebrating, probably another couple who are miserable since their character got Mii’d or they’re from too similar a genre or the same company so it makes it look really unlikely, and then everyone else will move on to speculation on the next character based on what color shirt Sakurai chose to wear that day or something.
This is what happens after the long dry period. Drinking whatever we can get out hands on, followed by severe health complications.

Polan

Smash Lord
arle has "spirit event" written all over her. genuinely doubt its her.
If FP5 ends up being Doom Slayer after ALL THIS time I'm actually going to laugh a lot
All this clownery for the last 3 month just for the character to end up being the first one that was "deconfirmed" back then lol
(Still not expecting it tho, most likely we boutta get some obscure a** character lmao)
i think crash would be even funnier. remember that dude who leaked those mii costumes and then got slandered by sabi? it would be a riot if he was right all along.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nandai co-developed the game and still only has Pac-Man. First four Fighter Pass entries were third-party.
I vote Cress. Normally I'd say Yuri or Lloyd but Joker is the only example of a series-debut character who isn't the playable protagonist (or mascot) of the series' first game.
Ah yes, Alex, I'll take "What are Ness, Little Mac, Cloud, and Luminary?" for 2000.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hold on, what do you mean Little Mac isn't the protagonist?
  • Little Mac's Origins – Even though Punch-Out!! Was released in 1984, Little Mac didn't receive his name until the 1987 NES release.
  • Taken from in game tips

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
It was roughly an hour and a half after the initial Terry stream announcement where they tweeted that there would be no additional character announcements. They’ve yet to tweet this for this broadcast. Keep that in mind, folks.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What do you think the artifacting is actually from, then?
Clearly the same stuff the green pixel in this was from.

In other words, just the latest in the storied history of reasons it is increasingly difficult to believe that people can still take anything anyone on Smashboards says seriously.

It ain't always gotta be that deep.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
It was roughly an hour and a half after the initial Terry stream announcement where they tweeted that there would be no additional character announcements. They’ve yet to tweet this for this broadcast. Keep that in mind, folks.
Don't give me hope.

D

Deleted member

Good morning...

I'm preparing for the worst at this point. FP5 is probably going to be male and I'm just ready for disappointment.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Clearly the same stuff the green pixel in this was from.

In other words, just the latest in the storied history of reasons it is increasingly difficult to believe that people can still take anything anyone on Smashboards says seriously.

It ain't always gotta be that deep.
Ah yes the Grinch leak how I remember the great wars.
It took a plant for team fake to win but 2 survivors at least ascended to playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom