• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All this about bets and I’m just here remembering I made a bet once.
Sometimes, you gotta hope a character you want doesn’t make it in.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
You wanna talk about weird bets? Lemme bring you back to the time a bunch of us bet our entire accounts on whether or not Erdrick would get into Ultimate.
Seriously? People bet their entire accounts? Might as well have turned it into an I quit match from wrestling; a loser leaves Smashboards permanently with the IP addresses and all blocked too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Seriously? People bet their entire accounts? Might as well have turned it into an I quit match from wrestling; a loser leaves Smashboards permanently with the IP addresses and all blocked too.
You better believe it. For months, me and like 5 other people made the bet that if Erdrick doesn't get into Ultimate, we would delete our accounts on the spot.

The last few moments leading up to Nintendo's E3 2019 presentation were tense, dude.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You better believe it. For months, me and like 5 other people made the bet that if Erdrick doesn't get into Ultimate, we would delete our accounts on the spot.

The last few moments leading up to Nintendo's E3 2019 presentation were tense, dude.
And Erdrick did make it in. As a Mii Costume.

Wait wrong Erdrick.

Either way, glad you won!

D

Deleted member

That's pretty much my current Geno and anti-Sora bet right now. Man Erdrick wars were fun sometimes.

The Hero trailer played with my heart in every single way. It opens with not-Erdrick, which honestly sucked.

Then when they're building up to an alt, they ****ing show off not-Erdrick and the other not-Erdrick before finally showing Erdrick. Tense as ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Tense, like I'm screwed tense? Or fun tense?

Either way this is why I don't make bets like that. I've had a bad run doing them, especially after losing a £30 bet over my classmate winning a Goldeneye tournament a few years back.
Learned some humility that day.
My maximum now is buy a friend a drink or something if someone ends up right.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

I bet my account last night that all of these conditions wouldn’t happen.

>Spirit or AT gets promoted in Ultimates lifetime
>Vergeben or Sabi screws up their deconfirmations
>Cacomallow is real and results in a playable Geno.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I did some research of Arle, and from what I got she seems to be a mage character, with spells and everything.
Mage character is cool, but we have Hero.
But then she could have mechanics from Tetris, so uniqueness shouldn't be a problem.
I know nothing of Arle, but being a pure mage character could provide quite a different experience from either Hero or Robin, who are both Hybrid Sword/Magic users..beyond that, just being a mage doesn't mean that she'd play like either of them to begin with..I mean, we have how many fist fighters, sword fighters, and weapon users in the game and very few of them actually play similarly or provide a similar experience.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not wanting a character just because of their gender honestly seems pretty sexist if you ask me.
She is ok with Rex and Heihachi.
But is it really too much to request that ONE character in the Fighter's Pass be female?

And as for the KOS-MOS betting, I will not be taking any bets. If FP5 isn't KOS-MOS, that's fine by me.

I literally didn't even want her until the evidence was in her favor and I grew used to the idea.

I wanted Doom Slayer, but KOS-MOS is the character that made Sabi and Verge stop their rapid fire deconfirmations, so that was enough to convince me that KOS-MOS is the most likely candidate.

If FP5 is anyone else, I will return to my old view of KOS-MOS being EXTREMELY unlikely.

To recap, I'm "meh" on KOS-MOS hype-wise. My biggest reasons for "wanting" her are:
1. To brag that I was right.
2. It's Lesley's most wanted character, and she's my friend, so she gets preferential treatment.
But as I've stated many times, KOS-MOS is where the current evidence is pointing. Unless Sabi, Vergeben, or some other credible leaker like VR Plant endorses another character, KOS-MOS is the front-runner.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I bet my account last night that all of these conditions wouldn’t happen.

>Spirit or AT gets promoted in Ultimates lifetime
>Vergeben or Sabi screws up their deconfirmations
>Cacomallow is real and results in a playable Geno.
You are most likely winning that bet.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
She is ok with Rex and Heihachi.
But is it really too much to request that ONE character in the Fighter's Pass be female?

And as for the KOS-MOS betting, I will not be taking any bets. If FP5 isn't KOS-MOS, that's fine by me.

I literally didn't even want her until the evidence was in her favor and I grew used to the idea.

I wanted Doom Slayer, but KOS-MOS is the character that made Sabi and Verge stop their rapid fire deconfirmations, so that was enough to convince me that KOS-MOS is the most likely candidate.

If FP5 is anyone else, I will return to my old view of KOS-MOS being EXTREMELY unlikely.

To recap, I'm "meh" on KOS-MOS hype-wise. My biggest reasons for "wanting" her are:
1. To brag that I was right.
2. It's Lesley's most wanted character, and she's my friend, so she gets preferential treatment.
But as I've stated many times, KOS-MOS is where the current evidence is pointing. Unless Sabi, Vergeben, or some other credible leaker like VR Plant endorses another character, KOS-MOS is the front-runner.
Bruh

You clearly have not seen her posts in the Hayabusa and Doom Slayer threads.

Sexism wins all the same

I'll say it right now.

You guys win. I admit defeat. I was an idiot talking about feminism and all that stuff, but sometimes Lady Fate doesn't want me to. I'll just see through the end.

Nintendo won't be having my money I swear. As much as I love the game, I'll just accept the reality that I don't always get what I want.
(This next post is replying to one of her now deleted posts)
I'm a bit offended by that statement, Lesley.

I really don't appreciate words being put into my mouth. My top three has literally nothing to do with gender, diversity, or politics and everything to do with the games I've enjoyed growing up. I've also been pretty vocal about getting Reimu in the game to be the eastern indie rep so I really really don't appreciate attempting to slap sexist agenda on my comment. I understand that you are upset but trying to paint everything black or white isn't going to chance anything and will most likely turn people against you who are wanting to help. Just my two cents.
I’d argue that even Rex and Heihachi would evoke a bad response, considering her posts here about adamantly not wanting FP5 to be male.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Y'all and your essays.

So what'll you guys do if it turns out to be Farmer, eh?

Cuz I'm telling you right now I'm not doing **** lmao

Well, except for feeling vindicated and very happy.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Bruh

You clearly have not seen her posts in the Hayabusa and Doom Slayer threads.
I have, buddy. I was right beside her when Cacomallow first came out, and she was crying that Doom Slayer was likely FP5.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I have, buddy. I was right beside her when Cacomallow first came out, and she was crying that Doom Slayer was likely FP5.
On the sole basis that his gender was male. And nothing else.

Do you not see how problematic that mentality is. If that is not blatant sexism, I don’t know what is.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Wait right beside her as in actually IRL beside her? Or is that a figure of speech?

I've got no major views (at present) on what you guys are talking about but I am interested in hearing more stories about the forum crowds.

Dutch Raikuna

The latter.
....Oh.

I mean I have known plenty of cases where a lot of members have also been friends IRL, thought that was it.
Right my curiosity levels is preventing me from going to sleep. I'm keen on learning more about stuff here. Secondary reason on here was to overcome my online shyness.

"Irepan, turn off the damn laptop and go to bed."

"Yes IRL me!"

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Y'all and your essays.

So what'll you guys do if it turns out to be Farmer, eh?

Cuz I'm telling you right now I'm not doing **** lmao

Well, except for feeling vindicated and very happy.
I know this is a joke post, but he was actually on my list of characters that have a shot when you combine Vergeben and Sabis statements together.

It may actually happen, lol.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I know this is a joke post, but he was actually on my list of characters that have a shot when you combine Vergeben and Sabis statements together.

It may actually happen, lol.
I'm honestly only joking a little. I bring up Farmer mostly because no one else does and someone's gotta be that guy. ;)

No but really, I agree I think Farmer has a decent shot. And I'd like to see more discussion of them. Which is why I bring them up a fair amount. But I like to keep a sense of humor about it too. Don't want to be too annoying. hehe

Also I gotta keep myself sane you know. :psycho:

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Okay, but if the beans really were spilled by accident with Dante getting into Smash...

...among many many more. God, playing on FD/Battlefield to Devil Trigger would be just. SSS

Unless hazardless DMC stage is legal. Which means, three times the chance to play DMC music for a tourney match.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Okay, but if the beans really were spilled by accident with Dante getting into Smash...

...among many many more. God, playing on FD/Battlefield to Devil Trigger would be just. SSS

Unless hazardless DMC stage is legal. Which means, three times the chance to play DMC music for a tourney match.
I love how everyone is just conveniently forgetting that he was shot down for FP5 by both Verge and Sabi. (The latter almost backed him for FP5, but properly vetted it)

And this is coming from someone that really wants Dante. All Walker was talking about was news for the Switch port. He didn’t say a word about Smash.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If we do listen to Vege and Sabi, Dante would be an excellent Post-Pass character. Since he does have the same kinds of vibes Bayonetta and Joker have. And would be a good way to show that "Everyone has a second chance".

At least that is how I see it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love how everyone is just conveniently forgetting that he was shot down for FP5 by both Verge and Sabi. (The latter almost backed him for FP5, but properly vetted it)

And this is coming from someone that really wants Dante. All Walker was talking about was news for the Switch port. He didn’t say a word about Smash.
Neither of them are infallible, so that's not a good point. You have to remember they can get false information too.

All you've shown is a good reason to be skeptical. I defend Verge too, but there's a huge difference from acting like they're gods and keeping what they say in mind.

Also, I can agree that those videos are not useful information either. Dante could still be FP5, though. Let's remember that the creator is the only person who kind of disconfirmed him, but that's more or less what happened with Grant Kirkhope too. So in other words, NDA issues. We're in a neutral place with Dante right now, like many others.

Krankees

Smash Ace

It seems that you forgot that some people here are choosing not to believe Verge or Sabi.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It seems that you forgot that some people here are choosing not to believe Verge or Sabi.
Its not just that. Read the post I was replying to.

He was implying that the “beans were spilt” on Dante being FP5. (Like SNK 2.0) And there has been absolutely nothing to have suggested that.

Posts like that are exactly why people are running around screaming that Dante is confirmed with no basis to it.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Its not just that. Read the post I was replying to.

He was implying that the “beans were spilt” on Dante being FP5. (Like SNK 2.0) And there has been absolutely nothing to have suggested that.
Except for the implicit slip-up by V's voice actor when talking about wanting V in Marvel and Smash Bros., like Dante is gonna be.

By all means. Give 'er a listen and speculate away (I timestamped). I'm not talking about Walker either. But there IS an update/announcement from the dev team coming on January 16th, which falls on a Thursday which is one of the most common days that the DLC have been getting released in the past.

And by the way. As far as Vergeben and Sabi are concerned? I could care less about either of those two when it comes to what they know or don't know. Real kind of you to pull the lowkey condescending "hah. nice of you to conveniently forget what leakers said" when I was simply discussing stuff that's popped up as of recent.

But go off. o7

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Except for the implicit slip-up by V's voice actor when talking about wanting V in Marvel and Smash Bros., like Dante is gonna be.

By all means. Give 'er a listen and speculate away (I timestamped). I'm not talking about Walker either. But there IS an update/announcement from the dev team coming on January 16th, which falls on a Thursday which is one of the most common days that the DLC have been getting released in the past.

And by the way. As far as Vergeben and Sabi are concerned? I could care less about either of those two when it comes to what they know or don't know. Real kind of you to pull the lowkey condescending "hah. nice of you to conveniently forget what leakers said" when I was simply discussing stuff that's popped up as of recent.

But go off. o7
Friendly reminder this kind of **** has happened before.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68943248

For all intents and purposes, the VA for V isn't going to know **** about Dante in Smash and this seems more tongue in cheek than anything.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

But go off. o7
My confirmation bias wants to believe this. Dante is definitely one of my most wanted.
But I just don't think that's much of a leak.
Remember when a Nintendo rep slipped up and said that Rayman was playable in Smash 4?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

But go off. o7
Remember the whole “and Rayman”
and “Xenoblade characters” thing?

Slip of tongues happen, my friend. (Wait, someone beat me to the punch already, lol)

And BTW, I saw someone try to pull the “NDA” argument a few posts back, so I’ll just leave this here.

And honestly, the recent push by PapaGenos for Arle is honestly a microcosm of the confirmation bias of this community.

Company deconfirms character? They’re under a “NDA”.

Leakers with really good track records say who FP5 won’t be? (Which is what happened to Arle) They’re complete frauds, pay them no attention.

But random Sakurai pic of the day? Even though this has proven to be infallible with Isaac? 100% evidence for my most wanted!!!

And I love how PapaGenos said that he won’t pay attention to Verge, but still feels the need to use the Sakurai images as hints. Yeah, conveniently ignore the biggest strike against the character you have been pushing for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Friendly reminder this kind of **** has happened before.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68943248

For all intents and purposes, the VA for V isn't going to know **** about Dante in Smash and this seems more tongue in cheek than anything.
Which is why I don't think taking these videos seriously is a good idea.

Of course he wouldn't. He's not the voice for Dante, and they wouldn't break an NDA if they were his voice. So it's fairly irrelevant regardless(just like Grant Kirkhope's disconfirmation was). It's better to take disconfirmations as "probably not best to throw our whole bank account into it".

Verge nor Sabi even matter in this scenario, as they're pretty irrelevant and taking them as the gospel is ridiculous. Taking them seriously is reasonable, but that's the same as keeping what they say in mind. Plus, when they can't name a person, and we know that Verge got some misunderstood information, one should remain skeptical of what they say. Verge's been knowingly baited before. It's always good to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sure gives us something to talk about though, doesn't it? Whether we agree or disagree or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I put what I wanted to put in anyway.

[EDIT]

Might as well add that I did say "if" on the whole beans spilling thing. Was I implying that I think it's true? Sure! That's what speculation is.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think in all the years of trying to tie VAs being cryptic about things to Smash, it's only actually been Smash-related once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom