• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So do we have any solid evidence in favor of KOS-MOS yet? If so, could someone summarize it?
I think the best evidence (and its really nothing tbh sorry) is that Sabi's source has no commented on KOS-MOS at all. While Sabi never directly asked their source if KOS-MOS was #5, whenever KOS-MOS was mentioned the source never commented on them at all.

So MAYBE that's something

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Last edited:

timbo8

Smash Cadet
Let me face, let me face, let me face my fears
Oh, let me face, let me face, let me face my fears
Won't be long, won't be long, I'm almost here
Watch me cry all my tears

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Why does he keep trying to push the clock tower 4chan leak.
What if there's like one guy who just really really really loved Clock Tower and is trying super hard to get everyone to talk about it?

Like, Clock Tower is really good and all, but this is silly.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t mind KOS-MOS, personally I really want Elma and would rather her just because she’s been one of my top not-in-yet wants since SM4SH’s DLC cycle started. So there is a part of me that’s hoping all this talk about Xeno-related stuff and the “idk” surround KOS-MOS is because she’s a Mii Costume and Elma’s the real fighter.

But if it is KOS-MOS? She’s still awesome, so sign me up! I’m super interested to see how she’d play

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
What if there's like one guy who just really really really loved Clock Tower and is trying super hard to get everyone to talk about it?

Like, Clock Tower is really good and all, but this is silly.
Actually, now that you mention it, maybe the guy happens to have inside info specifically on a Clock Tower remake? We saw how the DMCV leak accurately leaked a lot of stuff about that game before anyone else did and he also was like "Yeah, Dante is in Smash, I saw the trailer."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I found the video feed.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Who's trolling the KOS-MOS thread? I wonder if it was the same troll that was just flaming the Geno thread.
Some guy with a brand new account claims to be a leaker, is posting obviously fake stuff and claims the clock tower guy is right.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We've been discussing what the bittersweet could mean in the kos-mos thread.

It might be Sakurai retiring? For good this time?

That's a theory though.

Edit: it won't affect the game until after everything is done with it. What could this mean?
I doubt Sakurai is outright retiring, and even if he is I doubly doubt that he'd announce it at the Game Awards.

Since we're already entertaining a 4chan leak, we might as well also combine it with what Fatman said earlier about there being something that might upset a lot of people, and it being tied to a particular fanbase (that isn't Geno's). Not really sure what it'd be, in general it's hard to pinpoint an announcement for Smash that would really get a single fanbase furious, I doubt they're going to follow up a newcomer reveal with a random Mii Costume deconfirmation or something like that. The sources on this minor doomsday prophecy are obviously dubious at best though, so here's hoping it's nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've never seen a 4chan leaker follow-up on their initial posts before so this makes me even more skeptical than I already was

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Well I wasn’t sure about 4chan text leak No. 5678 but 4chan text leak No. 5679 has a lot going for it.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Greetings from the Geno thread! We got locked because no one there could stop replying to obvious bait!

I just want to know who Fighter 5 is so we can all move on... I'm tired of this

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Greetings from the Geno thread! We got locked because no one there could stop replying to obvious bait!

Fighter 5 is still a mystery.

Knowing our luck, we won't know until January.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Has there ever been a LEGIT leak that covers, like, 20 different things? The only legit leaks ive seen have all been slight hints (Shinobi, Zell).

I dont understand why people choose to believe random 4chan posts about Nintendo employees retiring or other bull. Ppl gotta be able to distinguish fan fiction

D

Deleted member

It's kinda easier to keep coming back when the only thing to identify you is a tripcode.
Still not something I've ever seen before. Even legit leakers only post again in the thread where they posted initially, so to see someone posting consistently across different threads just makes me think they're baiting for attention.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All I can say is. If it's KOS-MOS and it's her Xenoblade 2 design, Xenoblade 2 fans are going to be rather upset at that "the game is to new" comment Sakurai made when he announced the Rex mii costume.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Has there ever been a LEGIT leak that covers, like, 20 different things? The only legit leaks ive seen have all been slight hints (Shinobi, Zell).

I dont understand why people choose to believe random 4chan posts about Nintendo employees retiring or other bull. Ppl gotta be able to distinguish fan fiction
It’s unlikely, but 100% possible

D94C4D0D-FA33-482E-87F1-7C8B52EEBDCA.png

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
really excited for the trailer where Captain Falcon is zooming down the road only for Frogger to hop out of the way and that's the whole trailer
Oh wow I can actually see them doing that if frogger

Mario kart or f-zero style like thing then a frog appears while racing

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Surprised it was Shishoe behind it. Then again, that dude's been off the rails and irrational for the past few months.

Welcome to the refugee camp my brother.

Imagine the hilarity if fighter 5 was Hayabusa all along
Don't give me hope.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The biggest leak I remember is the Switch 2017 presentation. Pretty much everything leak if I'm correct.
VkJvstu.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai during the VGA: Because people constantly kept trying to leak FP5. Further DLC fighters including FP5 has been cancelled and I've decided to retire early. I hope you all enjoyed the wonderful years of Smash since 1999.

Everyone: FFFUUUUUU-

Last edited:

Latyon

Smash Cadet

A couple. I recall the very first presentation regarding Switch games (the January after the system itself was revealed) was leaked by someone who was working on setting up the venue. He leaked ARMS, Fast RMX, Mario Odyssey, Has Been Heroes, Splatoon 2, Super Bomberman R, MK8 Deluxe, 1 2 Switch and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom