• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
It isn't just a Smash thing, either. Nearly every crossover appearance Phoenix has had, it's always been his younger incarnation: PXZ2, UMVC3, the Layton crossover etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Neither Sabi nor Verg know who the character is, and TGA is so close, can we all just ignore them until further notice? I know some of you think they're providing information, but they're really not.

It's quite tiring having so much of the conversation revolve around such empty words from two not-so-subtle attention whores.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Neither Sabi nor Verg know who the character is, and TGA is so close, can we all just ignore them until further notice? I know some of you think they're providing information, but they're really not.

It's quite tiring having so much of the conversation revolve around such empty words from two not-so-subtle attention whores.
but how will we know about the DLC character we have to complain about because "not relevant/not on Nintendo/obscure/not who i want"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
but how will we know about the DLC character we have to complain about because "not relevant/not on Nintendo/obscure/not who i want"
We've never needed outside help to cycle through the same discussions endlessly, but at least then we're not enabling or validating a pair of racketeers.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
> Chairs Theory BTFO

> Music Theory BTFO

> Blog Theory BTFO

> Companion Theory BTFO

PEACE SIGN THEORY WIN WIN!!!

also orange so triple win

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I'm normally pretty pro Verge, but at this point, yeah, I'm inclined to agree. We aren't getting anything out of em this time, and more than ever it just feels like we're being tugged around by leashes at all sides for their amusement. Just a few more days.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm normally pretty pro Verge, but at this point, yeah, I'm inclined to agree. We aren't getting anything out of em this time, and more than ever it just feels like we're being tugged around by leashes at all sides for their amusement. Just a few more days.
I'm normally fairly pro-Verg as well, because he's got a decent Smash track record, but right now he's clearly lacking the necessary information to make him reliable.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
> Chairs Theory BTFO

> Music Theory BTFO

> Blog Theory BTFO

> Companion Theory BTFO

PEACE SIGN THEORY WIN WIN!!!

also orange so triple win
Objection! Not so fast! This obviously means Athena Cykes!

1505851049244.jpg

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Depends on the developer. Though they would opt to use the classic forms.
Classic, surely. I can't really think of any Smash character where they didn't opt for their classic look. We got the original Pac-Man while Ghostly Adventures was airing, the classic Banjo despite his new look, and the original Simon Belmont despite his countless redesigns.
They'd most likely go with his Classic look from the original trilogy... but I could also see them opting for his appearance in Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, considering it's generally not that different, as well as Ultimate using updated appearances for some of its characters (Link being based off of Breath of the Wild, Fox and Falco using their Star Fox Zero designs, and even Sheik using the Breath of the Wild Sheika Set armor design). It could even be another case of having both appearances with one being an alternate costume like with Ike and Bayonetta.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If Phoenix got in, do you think he and Maya would be in their classic, younger forms, or their more modern older forms?
Haven't played any Ace Attorney games but Smash gave Cloud his classic design, as well as his Advent Children design (my favorite). So...
tenor.gif

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm tired of the Verge and Sabi show (throw in Fatman there as well) and their cat and mouse game of who the next fighter is. This constant cycle of deconfirmations, reconfirmations, and deconfirmations and this thread having a new favorite character every day is tiresome and it's taking all the fun out of speculation.

D

Deleted member

I'm normally fairly pro-Verg as well, because he's got a decent Smash track record, but right now he's clearly lacking the necessary information to make him reliable.
I second the motion too.

I think that;s it's mostly the Game Awards leak security that's keeping Verg's sources in check. Verge may be a good leaker but he has sources for his information. TGA leak security is some of the best leak security out there; I mean, we didn't expect Joker anyway, but they did a good job to keep it a surprise.

Honestly, I'm tired of the Verge and Sabi show (throw in Fatman there as well) and their cat and mouse game of who the next fighter is. This constant cycle of deconfirmations, reconfirmations, and deconfirmations and this thread having a new favorite character every day is tiresome and it's taking all the fun out of speculation.
Me too.

Honestly, if KOS-MOS makes it, then yeah, thank God I got what I wanted (female fighter), but if nah, well, I did say I would give myself 3 days to think about it...

3 days have passed

Oh...um...

Who is bracing for the VGAs?
Aren't we all bracing for TGAs atm?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering why Pheonix Wright was in Advent Children for a second.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: ADVENT CHILDREN
Before Crisis: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Crisis Core: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Last Order: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Dirge of Cerberus: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Remake

D

Deleted member

I decided to read up on the KOS-MOS, since being that she's teh current frontrunner...

And things are starting get quite confusing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

I've been waiting for Touhou news in any sort of direct forever. I hope tomorrow's the day since Genso Skydrift literally launches on Thursdayand "Made by former Mario Kart Double Dash" developers is a good sell.

Verge is trying to come up with some sort of defense in case things go down hill.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78241015?jumpto=14#14
Remind me why we're here again?

Edit: :ultgreninja:
There's nothing in the post that's really new. People just can't seem to understand the point he's trying to convey.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I second the motion too.

I think that;s it's mostly the Game Awards leak security that's keeping Verg's sources in check. Verge may be a good leaker but he has sources for his information. TGA leak security is some of the best leak security out there; I mean, we didn't expect Joker anyway, but they did a good job to keep it a surprise.

Me too.

Honestly, if KOS-MOS makes it, then yeah, thank God I got what I wanted (female fighter), but if nah, well, I did say I would give myself 3 days to think about it...

3 days have passed

Oh...um...

Aren't we all bracing for TGAs atm?
I just wanted to show off some Intelligent Qube music.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Verge is trying to come up with some sort of defense in case things go down hill.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78241015?jumpto=14#14
Remind me why we're here again?

Edit: :ultgreninja:
I'm just going to say this in defense of Verg, that post is just him restating everything he's said recently to try to avoid confusion. He himself stated in his original reconfirmation post that all of his errors have just come as a fault of his own miscommunication with his source. Verg has continuously stated this to be the case but everyone just constantly pegs him with the word "backpedaling".

I think at the end of the day the problem is more in the credibility of Verg's source rather then Verg himself.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman

A character from Hollow Knight, especially Hornet, as playable

I also think Stardew Valley could bring up some good Spirits. The same goes for Ultimate Chicken Horse and Terraria

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm just going to say this in defense of Verg, that post is just him restating everything he's said recently to try to avoid confusion. He himself stated in his original reconfirmation post that all of his errors have just come as a fault of his own miscommunication with his source. Verg has continuously stated this to be the case but everyone just constantly pegs him with the word "backpedaling".

I think at the end of the day the problem is more in the credibility of Verg's source rather then Verg himself.
Yeah, don't shoot the messenger

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Shantae as a character, a part of me actually hopes that WayForward waits till the VGA to reveal Shantae Seven Sirens release date in the hopes that it might (a very big might) make it more likely for her to be FP5.
Yeah I'm just gonna hope it's Amaterasu or my other top 10 picks regardless of leakers, cause this back and forth is ridiculous.

BZocky

Smash Ace

Peppino and Noise from Pizza Tower

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know, if I had insider smash info I could share, I would but just that. Like a one trick pony. Share one inside info and then Boom! peace out and enjoy speculation.

If we do get KOS-MOS this roster is getting awfully close to my pre-Brawl wishlist roster that had tons of characters. If had Banjo, Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic, And Cloud in it plus KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Geno, and Lara Croft

D

Deleted member

If we do get KOS-MOS this roster is getting awfully close to my pre-Brawl wishlist roster that had tons of characters. If had Banjo, Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic, And Cloud in it plus KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Geno, and Lara Croft
Kinda curious as to why Pac-Man wasn't in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom