• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uhh good luck trying to convince Sakurai to develop 80+ new character models for Midnight Bliss lol
He's been in games without transformations, like Project X Zone. He can use his Midnight Bliss form(his true vampire look he uses during Midnight Bliss, not his own Midnight Bliss transformation) without needing to transform a character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People saying Midnight Bliss doesn't need to change anyone are forgetting that Smash is made by Masahiro Sakurai, who's ridiculously detailed. He'd likely consider it essential to transform characters, especislly for the finsl part of the animation where Demitri blows a kiss

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I would not be surprised at all if a Darkstalkers character were to get into Smash. Capcom really loves putting characters from that game into crossovers, to the point that if you mention Morrigan Aensland or Felicia to anyone, they're more likely think of Marvel vs. Capcom than they are of Darkstalkers.

Honestly, I just want Capcom to make Darkstalkers IV already, but if having a character in Smash would help that happen, then I'll happily welcome it.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Even they had to turn all the blood purple though.
Granted I haven't really seen much of Infinite, but the idea of Jedah drowning his enemies in purple kool-aid is pretty funny.

Realistically though, if Jedah was, by some freak act of Nintendo and Capcom's will, put into smash ultimate, they'd probably have to censor him even beyond making the blood purple, they'd probably have to change the blood into dark energy (sorta like the particles from Ganondorf's warlock punch) to get away with it.

Considering they even had to censor Joker's final smash I can't really picture them putting in anything even remotely resembling blood

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would not be surprised at all if a Darkstalkers character were to get into Smash. Capcom really loves putting characters from that game into crossovers, to the point that if you mention Morrigan Aensland or Felicia to anyone, they're more likely think of Marvel vs. Capcom than they are of Darkstalkers.

Honestly, I just want Capcom to make Darkstalkers IV already, but if having a character in Smash would help that happen, then I'll happily welcome it.
Definitely. They're practically the de facto mascots.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Realistically though, if Jedah was, by some freak act of Nintendo and Capcom's will, put into smash ultimate, they'd probably have to censor him even beyond making the blood purple, they'd probably have to change the blood into dark energy (sorta like the particles from Ganondorf's warlock punch) to get away with it.

Considering they even had to censor Joker's final smash I can't really picture them putting in anything even remotely resembling blood
Trust me. It doesn't.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hey, does anyone remember this Smash Bros. fansite that was created in anticipation of Brawl's release?

http://web.archive.org/web/20060409...ne.com:80/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

What do you all think about this being Smash Ultimate's roster by the end of all DLC and whatnot?
That roster has Adeleine in it so it's perfect (if it was 120 Fire Emblem clones + Adeleine it would have been perfect anyway, as long as Adeleine is in it).

By the way, seeing characters from the Oracles Zelda games makes me a little sad... poor characters didn't even end in Hyrule Warriors... Probably Din would have been cool as a fighter, with dance-based moves and fire effects (because Din's Fire, even though she does not seem to have fire abilities in the game)... I'm not sure how Nayru would play, she doesn't seem suited to be a fighter, but who knows (same for Farore).

And poor Mr Shine & Mr Bright, they're the new Kirby forgotten characters :(

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Welp, back to speculation.
Things I am 100% sure about:

1. Fighter 5 will be third party.
2. Fighter 5 will be from a series, but not necessarily a company that has never had a playable character in Smash.
3. Fighter 5 is not be represented in the current game whatsoever. No spirits, Assist Trophies, cameos, Mii costumes, or anything.
4. Fighter 5 is not Crash Bandicoot nor Ryu Hayabusa.

Now, with these rules in mind, here are a few characters I believe have the best change due to EVIDENCE:

1. Doom Slayer.
Yes, the leak is dead, but still Bethesda has openly admitted to talking to Nintendo about Smash, and Reggie said before he retired that he does not think the Smash team has EVER been denied a third-party character. Sakurai has also publicly acknowledged John Carmack as the father of FPS's. Doom Slayer also perfectly fits Color Theory and is a gunner, making the playstyles in the Fighter's Pass more diverse than another brawler or swordfighter.

2. Heihachi.
His Mii Costume is suspiciously absent, especially since it was included with Ryu, Akira, and Jackie back in Smash 4, but not with Akira, Jackie, and Terry in Ultimate. He was also confirmed to be considered for Smash 4. Chrom was also considered fir Smash 4 but later brought to Ultimate. Likewise Pac-Man, Miis, and Villager were all considered for Brawl but brought to 4. Point is that Sakurai usually comes around (Chorus Kids confirmed). My biggest doubt though is that I don't think Sakurai would include Heihachi on the same Pass as Terry, let alone directly after.

3. Lloyd Irving
Same boat as Heihachi, but more likely for this pass. The Tales of series icon has also had recent trademarks along with an odd book icon that could easily be the icon used in Smash. Though my personal belief is that we will get a gunner to fit my "variety theory", I could be completely overspeculating, and Lloyd could be our Bboy.

4. Monster Hunter.
Again, missing Mii costumes, plus Rathalos is the only boss in Smash to not have a playable character from his series. Monster Hunter could also satisfy those looking for a female character. Not to mention that Monster Hunter World won some awards at TGA, where the fifth Fighter's Pass character is likely to be revealed.

5. Leon Kennedy / Jill Valentine or Dante
I lump these characters together because they all have the same points in their favor. Sega and Square Enix got new characters in the Fighter's Pass, so why can't Capcom. Both the Resident Evil protagonists and Dante satisfy my "variety theory", being gunners. They would simply be the easiest to obtain. Specifically in Dante's favor, it was said by his creators that Devil May Cry would need a game on Switch before Dante ever joins Smash. That criteria has since been met. Could that have been a hint?

Characters I actively think will NOT be DLC:

1. Sora.
Disney. 'Nuff said.

2. 2B.
To my knowledge, she has not appeared on a Nintendo console even as a cameo, so she's not eligible in my honest opinion.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well I’m guessing FP5 is Lloyd. Not a very high note to end the pass on because that addition means that the fighter pass was mostly JRPGs which is disappointing. I just wish they picked from a variety of games instead but I guess there’s post pass DLC.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Not that I'm wanting him, but I do think Geno stands a chance for later DLC seeing as 2 specific songs from the game he's from were copyright striked by Nintendo some months ago.
Unless I'm ignorant on something..

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes. They are not Fighter 5, but Geno never was. They are still both likely candidates overall.
Edit: Post Fighter's Pass.
Err no, the "source" knows who FP5 is already. He's not debunking the leak with evidence. He's debunking it by saying by the very fact it isn't who he KNOWS it is, it's fake, or at least, unrelated to FP5.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Not that I'm wanting him, but I do think Geno stands a chance for later DLC seeing as 2 specific songs from the game he's from were copyright striked by Nintendo some months ago.
Unless I'm ignorant on something..
That just opens him up to the Sans treatment.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So according to Sabi; Hayabusa, Doomslayer, Crash and Geno are not Fighter Pass 5. Speculation right now is a rollercoaster ride I tell ya

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well I’m guessing FP5 is Lloyd. Not a very high note to end the pass on because that addition means that the fighter pass was mostly JRPGs which is disappointing. I just wish they picked from a variety of games instead but I guess there’s post pass DLC.
My gut says Monster Hunter.
Sabi basically hard deconfirmed Doom Slayer as Fighter 5, but I still think the character chosen will fit color theory and be orange.
MonsterHunter.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the Mii leak is real, they could very well be for Fighters 6 and 7. Sabi’s sources are just saying they ain’t coming for Fighter 5. I’ll assume the leak is dead when Fighter 6 isn’t Geno or Doomguy, or neither of the hats come.
That just opens him up to the Sans treatment.
Works better with Sans.

Really though, Geno actually emotes ingame and not just with his eyes.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oho, interesting. That really continues thinning the lines for any of the commonly discussed characters to be FP5. Who else do we have left right now who's talked about a lot?
Read my list, though I guess cross out little Doomboy.
Welp, back to speculation.
Things I am 100% sure about:

1. Fighter 5 will be third party.
2. Fighter 5 will be from a series, but not necessarily a company that has never had a playable character in Smash.
3. Fighter 5 is not be represented in the current game whatsoever. No spirits, Assist Trophies, cameos, Mii costumes, or anything.
4. Fighter 5 is not Crash Bandicoot nor Ryu Hayabusa.

Now, with these rules in mind, here are a few characters I believe have the best change due to EVIDENCE:

1. Doom Slayer.
Yes, the leak is dead, but still Bethesda has openly admitted to talking to Nintendo about Smash, and Reggie said before he retired that he does not think the Smash team has EVER been denied a third-party character. Sakurai has also publicly acknowledged John Carmack as the father of FPS's. Doom Slayer also perfectly fits Color Theory and is a gunner, making the playstyles in the Fighter's Pass more diverse than another brawler or swordfighter.

2. Heihachi.
His Mii Costume is suspiciously absent, especially since it was included with Ryu, Akira, and Jackie back in Smash 4, but not with Akira, Jackie, and Terry in Ultimate. He was also confirmed to be considered for Smash 4. Chrom was also considered fir Smash 4 but later brought to Ultimate. Likewise Pac-Man, Miis, and Villager were all considered for Brawl but brought to 4. Point is that Sakurai usually comes around (Chorus Kids confirmed). My biggest doubt though is that I don't think Sakurai would include Heihachi on the same Pass as Terry, let alone directly after.

3. Lloyd Irving
Same boat as Heihachi, but more likely for this pass. The Tales of series icon has also had recent trademarks along with an odd book icon that could easily be the icon used in Smash. Though my personal belief is that we will get a gunner to fit my "variety theory", I could be completely overspeculating, and Lloyd could be our Bboy.

4. Monster Hunter.
Again, missing Mii costumes, plus Rathalos is the only boss in Smash to not have a playable character from his series. Monster Hunter could also satisfy those looking for a female character. Not to mention that Monster Hunter World won some awards at TGA, where the fifth Fighter's Pass character is likely to be revealed.

5. Leon Kennedy / Jill Valentine or Dante
I lump these characters together because they all have the same points in their favor. Sega and Square Enix got new characters in the Fighter's Pass, so why can't Capcom. Both the Resident Evil protagonists and Dante satisfy my "variety theory", being gunners. They would simply be the easiest to obtain. Specifically in Dante's favor, it was said by his creators that Devil May Cry would need a game on Switch before Dante ever joins Smash. That criteria has since been met. Could that have been a hint?

Characters I actively think will NOT be DLC:

1. Sora.
Disney. 'Nuff said.

2. 2B.
To my knowledge, she has not appeared on a Nintendo console even as a cameo, so she's not eligible in my honest opinion.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hmm watch it be Reimu with the Tohou music leak and catch everyone off guard lol.
It won't be Reimu if it's at the Game Awards. Every American in the audience will boo it to hell. Bad publicity.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
It won't be Reimu if it's at the Game Awards. Every American in the audience will boo it to hell. Bad publicity.
Doesn’t have to be at TGA. Could be an anniversary stream/Direct like some people have speculated. I know Sabi teased towards TGA but they never clarified if that was Smash focused or not.

Edit: They could also reveal her on the anniversary and still reveal Doomslayer/Geno at the awards too. There’s a lot of ways it could roll out but I’m just saying she could still be a possibility due to the leak not being debunked. I’m still thinking it will be a Bandai rep but I’d be pretty stoked to get her instead.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Geno and Doom Slayer not FP5? It's all coming together for him.

or it could be her.
That's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom