• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So here’s something to try...

Let’s consider some of the leading franchises that’s dominating speculation:

Kingdom Hearts
Tekken
Ninja Gaiden
Doom
Super Mario RPG
Astral Chain
Tales of...
Etc etc

From that, make a Fighter Pass including a character, stage, 2-4 Mii Outfits, and at least 5 Spirits. If you want to conclude music, you can but please keep it to 5 and include them as links, not in embeds as it can slow down the page if there are too many.
This is a late response but I want to give this a shot.

Kingdom hearts:

Character:Sora (With an alt skin thats Roxas because they share the same moveset and skills so it fits)

Stage: Traverse town, with cameos from Riku, Kairi, Axel, neku and Squall.

Spirits: Sora(Fighter spirit), Roxas (Fighter spirit) Riku, Kairi, Axel, Namine, Xehanort, Ven terra and Aqua.

Mii fighter costumes:
Soldier heartless (Kingdom hearts)
Guybrush threadwood (Tales of Monkey island)
Chocobo hat (Final fantasy)
Geno outfit (Mario RPG)

Music:
Sora's theme
Traverse town battle theme
Working together
Hazardous highway
Demon tower
Rage awakened
Olympus colosseum battle theme (Because it shows up in every KH game.)

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
For someone who just woke up, would anyone mind explaining why Doomguy/geno are suddenly out of the running for pass #5? Appreciated

MainJPW

M.T.A
Iku yo, Lei-Lei!
Ni hao!

She's even had her own games in Japan. Mobile, puzzle-games, sure, but still!

And she's Chinese, so if you want to appeal to the Chinese market, there's representation right there... Or something.
And she’s not just Chinese, she’s also a Jiangshi meaning she’s a vampire/zombie, and we don’t have one of those on the roster yet.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
For someone who just woke up, would anyone mind explaining why Doomguy/geno are suddenly out of the running for pass #5? Appreciated
One of Sabi's sources have told them that, whoever Fighter 5 is going to be, the Mii costumes that were supposedly leaked recently have nothing to do with them. That could mean one of two things...
  1. The leak is completely fake.
  2. The leak is real, and the costumes are meant for post-Pass DLC characters.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm betting on Resident Evil or a Namco character for FP5, but the chances FP5 is a character from an unrepresented company are also likely in my opinion.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So I don't think we're going to get another character from a company that's already part of the fighter pass, or another JRPG character and I think the character we get will fit the Game Awards venue. And of course, we have to disconfirm Hayabusa, Scorpion, Doom Slayer, Geno. and Crash.

So to me, that basically leans heavily towards Capcom. Betting on Jill, Leon, or Dante.

We're also still missing four Mii Costumes from them (one more than Namco) so it would make sense.

Considering the production value of the Resident Evil segment at E3, I wouldn't be surprised if it's time for that franchise to make its Smash debut. Resident Evil 2 Remake is also likely going to win GOTY, so it's a perfect fit. Though DMC5 is likely a nominee for that as well.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I could possibly see against Leon specifically is that Joker shares a lot of his potential moves. Since all the fighter pass characters were decided together, I don’t really think Sakurai is the type to repeat movesets in the same pass, but even then this is reaching.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If Sakurai is a cool guy he'll add the proper Capcom and Bamco choices.

The images are Lloyd and Phoenix Wright, in case images broke again like they do every five seconds on this site.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yo real talk though: Who said anything about Capcom and Bamco?
Nothing much to go on for them other than they haven't had a DLC character yet. Though Capcom had Ken in the base game so there's that.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The only thing I could possibly see against Leon specifically is that Joker shares a lot of his potential moves. Since all the fighter pass characters were decided together, I don’t really think Sakurai is the type to repeat movesets in the same pass, but even then this is reaching.
Well you can say that for Doomslayer or Master Chief even if that's reaching a little bit.
Or we can even say Dante's deconfirmed because Joker has literally Rain Storm in his moveset.

I mean I get your point but Joker moveset isn't focused in guns. Leon or Jill would probably bring that besides probably a management system of their ammo.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'm betting on Resident Evil or a Namco character for FP5, but the chances FP5 is a character from an unrepresented company are also likely in my opinion.
Like... Nintendo???:4pacman:

Something I want to bring up, is the consensus that "as many new gaming worlds to Smash as possible" means we can't get any "existing representation in Ultimate" characters at all? Not even just a few or couple? Because if so we can count out:
Geno, Monster Hunter getting a character, any existing fighter franchise rep like Dixie or Bandana Dee, Rhythm Heaven or any other first parties with mere acknowledgement in Ultimate, ATs, Tekken or Katamari because of Pac-Man's taunt, Spirits like Shantae or Rayman though their chances may have been questionable already...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Guns, what's CERO's stance on them?

This may be important in determining who of the shooty characters is allowed.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Well you can say that for Doomslayer or Master Chief even if that's reaching a little bit.
Or we can even say Dante's deconfirmed because Joker has literally Rain Storm in his moveset.

I mean I get your point but Joker moveset isn't focused in guns. Leon or Jill would probably bring that besides probably a management system of their ammo.
Yeah I just mean SPECIFICALLY with Leon only due to the grappling hook, pistol, and the emphasis on knife attacks. I’m not trying to talk down on Leon’s chances, I just realistically can’t think of anything really going against him right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, props to Sabi to saying it straight for once. Hope she does it more often. Now we can close the Geno & DOOM saga of FP 5 speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai is a cool guy he'll add the proper Capcom and Bamco choices.

The images are Lloyd and Phoenix Wright, in case images broke again like they do every five seconds on this site.
What about viewtiful Joe?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Wait a minute

- Sakurai talking about Rock Howard
"His appearance in this game, at this age, with that look doesn't really jive with the timeline, but Smash is like that to begin with"

IT'S TIME TO SPLIT
Sgt Cortez.png

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Imagine an idol girl in Smash. A community that already treats anime as the root of all evil, just gets an idol girl. The most anime thing to ever anime.

Yes
We've already got a few, Athena Asimiya is a background character on KOF stadium and the Squid Sisters are an assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

Imagine an idol girl in Smash. A community that already treats anime as the root of all evil, just gets an idol girl. The most anime thing to ever anime.

Yes
IDOL SINGERS WOULD SERIOUSLY ROCK IN SMASH. SAKURAI PLS.

Honestly, props to Sabi to saying it straight for once. Hope she does it more often. Now we can close the Geno & DOOM saga of FP 5 speculation.
Thank God that mess is over for now...:'-)

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
One of Sabi's sources have told them that, whoever Fighter 5 is going to be, the Mii costumes that were supposedly leaked recently have nothing to do with them. That could mean one of two things...
  1. The leak is completely fake.
  2. The leak is real, and the costumes are meant for post-Pass DLC characters.
Ah I see, well that definitely makes things more interesting. Appreciate the explanation!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Doomguy and Geno are dead.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
No they are not dead

Besides correct me if I’m wrong but I think there’s a wave 2 so if neither are FP5 of wave 1 then they are probably in wave 2

Oh I’m hearing something about bamco and capcom? Where is this.

Oh I guess heihachi is my guess for FP5 since his costume is absent also from a pack that’s perfect for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No they are not dead

Besides correct me if I’m wrong but I think there’s a wave 2 so if neither are FP5 of wave 1 then they are probably in wave 2
Most probably they will be season 2along with the other deconfirmed characters.

FP5 is gonna be a blind spot now. Back to fair game, they said.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace

Yes
An idol girl would be pretty sweet by itself, but I personally just wanna see the stark juxtaposition of something with a traditionally "anime" aesthetic paired alongside either Smash's most western, cartoony character or its most gruesome and murderous fighter.

:ultbanjokazooie: :ultridley:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
No they are not dead

Oh I’m hearing something about bamco and capcom? Where is this.

Oh I guess heihachi is my guess for FP5 since his costume is absent also from a pack that’s perfect for it.
I imagine everyone is saying a Bamco rep is likely because they haven't had a character yet besides Pac-Man and the Heihachi/Lloyd costumes haven't returned yet. With Capcom, people are talking about them because... reasons. Also probably because Phoenix Wright and KOS-MOS have been mentioned in 4Chan leaks that are definitely fake.

Who knows who Fighter 5 is gonna be at this point? I was so sure it was going to be Doom Guy.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
An idol girl would be pretty sweet by itself, but I personally just wanna see the stark juxtaposition of something with a traditionally "anime" aesthetic paired alongside either Smash's most western, cartoony character or its most gruesome and murderous fighter.

:ultbanjokazooie: :ultridley:
Haruka trips into Ridley.
It's a star KO.
She then turns to the camera.
After striking a pose, she begins to sing a song.

Jigglypuff sulks.
Snake claps.

And all is well.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Yeah I just mean SPECIFICALLY with Leon only due to the grappling hook, pistol, and the emphasis on knife attacks. I’m not trying to talk down on Leon’s chances, I just realistically can’t think of anything really going against him right now.
That's actually a good point, although I can see Leon taking more of a Snake approach, heavy, hand to hand combat, explosives.
He can like like a blend between Joker and Snake, with his resource management thing working like Hero's.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Doom Marine and Geno are dead because they're in a fake leak? Aw, crap, I guess Ken and Banjo-Kazooie aren't in, guys. Time to pack it up.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Would you guys rather have the final character be Sora or Master Chief? I’ve gone back and forth on this so many times because I feel since Ultimates probably the last game that they should end with a bang

Ovaltine

Smash Master
FP5 yes but post-Pass we can still see them coming.
Exactly. They aren't the fifth fighter pass pack, but that doesn't mean they're entirely out of the running by any means. Nothing is guaranteed, positive or negative, for either character.

It's like... come on.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So here’s something to try...

Let’s consider some of the leading franchises that’s dominating speculation:

Kingdom Hearts
Tekken
Ninja Gaiden
Doom
Super Mario RPG
Astral Chain
Tales of...
Etc etc

From that, make a Fighter Pass including a character, stage, 2-4 Mii Outfits, and at least 5 Spirits. If you want to conclude music, you can but please keep it to 5 and include them as links, not in embeds as it can slow down the page if there are too many.
SUPER MARIO RPG- Geno Squares Up!
Mallow Brawler
Boshi Brawler
Smithy Swordfighter
Spirits- Axel Soldiers, Smithy, Exor, Boshi, Punchinello
Music- Beware the forest maze and Super Mario RPG medley
DOOM- Doomslayer Rips and tears!
Cacodemon hat
Cyber demon Mii Gunner
Spirits-Cyberdemon,One of those androids,Cacodemon, Imp
Music-At Dooms gate, Rip and tear. ETC

Status