• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I'd like to see them finally update Special Smash, its pretty much been the same since Brawl.
Allow us to change each player individually so we can finally do stuff like Metal Mario vs Giant Donkey Kong without forcing them to take their respective items every ten seconds...
This would make the core game perfect I my eyes, so much replay value right there, I would be able to fight a giant bowser as a tiny Mario it’s perfect!

D

Deleted member

Im leaning a bit on the fake side now for the Mii Hat leak, just that the leak is so on your face with the characters involved and that modders have made quick advancements in recreating aspects of it in a short time makes me think of it more likely to be a pretty good mod.

Plus even if real, the videos apparently aren't important enough for Nintendo to take action. So I could imagine them being a non issue if they are real.

That being said, who else is ready for:

ARE YOU OK!

KatKit

Smash Lord
Dang, I just realized that the first time I'm going to watch one of these live, it airs at 5am out here. I apologize in advance for waking folks up, but my hype will not be contained.

I'd like to see them finally update Special Smash, its pretty much been the same since Brawl.
Allow us to change each player individually so we can finally do stuff like Metal Mario vs Giant Donkey Kong without forcing them to take their respective items every ten seconds...
I get what you're saying and I like the idea, but this kinda what spirit battles are lol.

Anyway, I already brought up how I'd love a color edit mode. If it doesn't come with Terry, releasing it alongside a Style Savvy/Tekken/Soul Calibur/Sims/etc. rep is equally fitting.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Dang, I just realized that the first time I'm going to watch one of these live, it airs at 5am out here. I apologize in advance for waking folks up, but my hype will not be contained.
Yeah I'm in CA and I normally get up around 7 to go to work... Guess I'll be up at 4:55 tomorrow lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
One thing I really want to see and honestly it shocks me that this isn't a thing already is Music pack DLC.

They've shown that they are perfectly capable of this but just don't do it. Even though it's practically free money.

A Pokemon music pack: Spin off Pokemon music

Warriors pack: Songs from Hyrule warriors, Fire Emblem warriors and Phantom strikers

Final fantasy pack: FF7 music

Persona pack: Songs from Royal and the Q games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One thing I really want to see and honestly it shocks me that this isn't a thing already is Music pack DLC.

They've shown that they are perfectly capable of this but just don't do it. Even though it's practically free money.

Warriors pack: Songs from Hyrule warriors, Fire Emblem warriors and Phantom strikers

I’d add:

Splatoon pack: music from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion (including Fly Octo Fly)

F-Zero pack: more songs from X and GX, including the latter’s vocal songs

Sonic pack: more music, including from Forces and Mania

Kirby pick: music from Planet Robobot and Star Allies

no Xenoblade pack... cause that includes music from Xenoblade X and it’s coming with Elma.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Assuming that the leak is real, and that it means Geno is imminent, then that means we got Daisy, Geno, and Piranha Plant before we got Toad and Waluigi.
Whack.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Im leaning a bit on the fake side now for the Mii Hat leak, just that the leak is so on your face with the characters involved and that modders have made quick advancements in recreating aspects of it in a short time makes me think of it more likely to be a pretty good mod.

Plus even if real, the videos apparently aren't important enough for Nintendo to take action. So I could imagine them being a non issue if they are real.

That being said, who else is ready for:

ARE YOU OK!
Oh I'm definitely prepared for

BUSTAH WOLF!

I'm still leaning slightly towards real, since the hats are of similar quality to the other Mii hats in the game and other other things that seem to have been going for the leak.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Final Fantasy Music pack: literally anything.

Please.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
They got 45 MINUTES to fill tomorrow. No new characters will be revealed. How will they fill this time up?

My bets:
- Terry (obviously). He has a KoF tag team mechanic
- sakurai goes over a new tag team mode
- mii costumes
-DLC Lineup 2 is explained. No reveals, just a breakdown of what we can expect post pass
- every stage in Smash history is brought back

crazy bets:
- Costumes for fighters
- New assist trophies
- New pokemon
- new items
- a new arcade joystick will be available for the switch

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Geno, Doom Slayer and now Crash.

Sakurai's really going all out. We all thought:ultridley::ultkrool:and:ultbanjokazooie:was as far as he'd go but boy were we wrong. He wasn't kidding when he said this would be the ultimate game (Which it already is but you get what I mean anyways). Assuming any of this supposedly turns out to be true.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Geno, Doom Slayer and now Crash.

Sakurai's really going all out. We all thought:ultridley::ultkrool:and:ultbanjokazooie:was as far as he'd go but boy were we wrong. He wasn't kidding when he said this would be the ultimate game (Which it already is but you get what I mean anyways). Assuming any of this supposedly turns out to be true.
Don't forget Lloyd and Ryu Hayabusa. A lot of evidence in their favor as well.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I want him to randomly appear in the crowd, as a stage hazard, on the jumbotron, and to cameo right outside of the ring.
I don't know what this is. But I want it.
The lack of Kim Kaphwan is unforgivable.

Although I wonder if Sakurai and Co. could do his pants justice.

Is it possible? Can we achieve pants nirvana in 3D?!?

D

Deleted member

*yawn* Good morning everyone.

SNK FAM OUR DAY IS NIGH. LET'S ****ING GO

*must...reach...fifth stage of depression!*

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
*yawn* Good morning everyone.

SNK FAM OUR DAY IS NIGH. LET'S ****ING GO

*must...reach...fifth stage of depression!*
Sakurai has a NeoGeo fight stick in the thumbnail.
Perhaps Smash is getting Fight Stick support.
Long shot, but you never know with 45 minutes.

D

Deleted member

Scroll up; i just posted my bets.

what are your guys'?
We gettin' the cream of the crop SNK content in Smash Bros. Terry lookin cool today just like Joker, and please give me that shiny Iori Mii Costume or bust.

and I'm just accepting the reality of Doom Slayer and Geno as possibilitoes, though who knows it's freaking Sakurai

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine all the salt if Frogger gets in before/over Waluigi.
Except Frogger more then earns his spot over Waluigi.

Frogger's an arcade icon up there in those days with Pac-Man. Waluigi on the other hand being an side character who was exclusively made as a partner for Wario in Mario sports spin-offs.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
They got 45 MINUTES to fill tomorrow. No new characters will be revealed. How will they fill this time up?

My bets:
- Terry (obviously). He has a KoF tag team mechanic
- sakurai goes over a new tag team mode
- mii costumes
-DLC Lineup 2 is explained. No reveals, just a breakdown of what we can expect post pass
- every stage in Smash history is brought back

crazy bets:
- Costumes for fighters
- New assist trophies
- New pokemon
- new items
- a new arcade joystick will be available for the switch
Bringing old stages could be an option, and it would be really nice if they do that.

I can see new costumes for some fighters, also DLC music packs as some just said.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I still don't see why Sakurai would pull from KOF 2003 and KOF XI's mechanics and give Terry a tag team gimmick.

It'd be so much more convenient to have a super meter from early Fatal Fury and KOF and make that his gimmick.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Except Frogger more then earns his spot over Waluigi.

Frogger's an arcade icon up there in those days with Pac-Man. Waluigi on the other hand being an side character who was exclusively made as a partner for Wario in Mario sports spin-offs.
But does Frogger say "WAH!"?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Frogger’s entire legacy is getting killed by traffic. He doesn’t exactly do anything for me as a character.

D

Deleted member

I still don't see why Sakurai would pull from KOF 2003 and KOF XI's mechanics and give Terry a tag team gimmick.

It'd be so much more convenient to have a super meter from early Fatal Fury and KOF and make that his gimmick.
I mean, tag team gimmicks are hard to do.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

never underestimate Sakurai

D

Deleted member

Exactly.

Even if his gimmick was using the Stiker system (i.e calling assists) from KOF 99, 2001 and 2001, imagine all the effort they'd have to put in to make that happen.

I think people are expecting too much from Terry in some respects, tbh
I can honestly feel the Sakurai bias here. Considering one of his fave fighting games is in Smash, I highly know that he'll give them as much bias.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Really? After Sakurai managed to pull this character off?

:ultpiranha:
fwiw I find plant to be boring too, especially after the novelty wore off.

Not denying that a moveset could be made but, yeah. It’s a frog. Space Invaders and Asteroid are arguably more famous retro arcade games, but, like Frogger, I don’t think that automatically makes them suitable for Smash.
This isn’t the kind of thing that made Frogger famous though.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Although I do think Doom Guy and Geno are coming in that order, that Frogger 4Chan text "leak" is fake like all of them are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Third-Party Mario games pack: Music from Mario + Rabbids, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and the Mario & Sonic series
Donkey Kong pack: Music from DKC2, 3 (both versions) and Tropical Freeze, also DK Jungle from Barrel Blast returns
F-Zero GX pack
Xenoblade Chronicles pack: More music from 2, and music from X
Street Fighter series pack: Music from games besides Street Fighter 2

Packs that will never happen but I want anyway:
Final Fantasy pack, and Dragon Quest pack: Just give more music from these series
Banjo-Kazooie original music pack: I'm still annoyed that they only included remixes for the Banjo music

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Third-Party Mario games pack: Music from Mario + Rabbids, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and the Mario & Sonic series
Donkey Kong pack: Music from DKC2, 3 (both versions) and Tropical Freeze, also DK Jungle from Barrel Blast returns
F-Zero GX pack
Xenoblade Chronicles pack: More music from 2, and music from X
Street Fighter series pack: Music from games besides Street Fighter 2

Packs that will never happen but I want anyway:
Final Fantasy pack, and Dragon Quest pack: Just give more music from these series
Banjo-Kazooie original music pack: I'm still annoyed that they only included remixes for the Banjo music
Ahhhh I forgot Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and other SF music

I would KILL for Volcanic Rim pls I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom