• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I actually think Edelgard, should she get in, would be likely to get in as her post-timeskip design, complete with shield. It's a lot more interesting of a design, and making her an ultra-heavyweight with a shield would go a long way towards differentiating her from the rest of the FE characters.
If she gets in my guess is that we get a 4/4 split like Wario or Bayonetta. 4 skins for her pre skip design(original, Blue Lions, Golden Deer, and maybe a darked haired one or something) and then 4 color swaps with her post time skip.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
I thought I answered this but Smashboards ate my post lol.

My two major requests left are Edelgard and Crash Bandicoot, but there are lots of other characters I think would be neat.

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

:3

She is my most wanted without a doubt, but there are some other character that I would love to see, but not as much as her.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
If non-videogame characters were allowed...
If I was ever to pick a 4th party character for Smash my choice would be Mike Tyson. He's a sports icon so that wouldn't immediately start the Shrek/Goku/Harry Potter/Darth Vader train and he also has the Punch Out connection

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
[QUOTE = "MasterDuelist_24, post: 23610025, membro: 422698"] Quem vocês querem como seus mais procurados? Sem regras Sem BS. Seus desejos. [/ CITAÇÕES]

Crash
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Dante
Waluigi

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If she gets in my guess is that we get a 4/4 split like Wario or Bayonetta. 4 skins for her pre skip design(original, Blue Lions, Golden Deer, and maybe a darked haired one or something) and then 4 color swaps with her post time skip.
This tweet is pretty perfect, in my opinion. It's a great outfit set.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
We really live in a society rn where not a SINGLE character has got any leak juice for Fighter #5. Exciting tbh

Troykv

Smash Master
We really live in a society rn where not a SINGLE character has got any leak juice for Fighter #5. Exciting tbh
This quite amazing indeed, we're getting closer and closer, and there isn't anything remotely convincing enough to complete change speculation.

Troykv

Smash Master
There is something deeply ironic about the concept of Edelgard having a Rhea alt, of all people.
Yeah, but it would look cool

It would specially be a nice nod to the fact the Female Emperor (or Consort Empress I guess too) crown was likely designed in the image of a dragon.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Another Fiora supporter in this thread, I approve
If Xenoblade 1 were to double dip on fighters, I believe Fiora would be the next logical choice. She could even have both her mech armor and homs outfit as her main costumes.

But mostly because I want to see the Xenoblade fandom throw a fit at Nintendo and Smash for being more open about their game than them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There is something deeply ironic about the concept of Edelgard having a Rhea alt, of all people.
In total fairness, there's a precedent for it, with Luigi's Waluigi alt and Captain Falcon's Blood Falcon alt. :p

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
It seems like nobody really knows anything until a few days before a direct about the DLC. Personally I love that. Makes speculation a bit more fun when it feels more like everyone is just shooting the **** instead of have fights over which leak is real

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
If non-video game characters were allowed, I'd say Goku since DBZGT games have played a big part of my childhood but since that isn't the case, I'll just go with my top ten and reasons for them:

#1 Doomslayer - FPS rep and Bethesda rep. Doom is part of the foundation of FPS games and has a huge legacy in video game's history. Not to mention part of the story is exclusive to Nintendo via Doom 64.
#2 Geno - SMRPG rep. Has always been a personal desire of mine and has always been closely behind B&K when it comes to seeing in Smash. A bit biased though since SMRPG is one of my favorite SNES games and RPGs.
#3 Steve (Minecraft) - Minecraft is one of the largest games out there and captures a certain part of creativity we all share. I think it earns a spot on the roster and would be a great way to represent Western indie games and Microsoft (sorry, Master Chief).
#4 Lloyd/Velvet - Tales Of rep. We currently have 2 of the Big 3 JRPGs in the game (DQ, FF, Tales) and we don't have a proper Bandai character (I view PacMan as the Namco rep). Tales Of is a huge series and should have some presence in the game.
#5 Jill Valentine - Resident Evil and horror genre rep. RE is pretty much a household name at this point and Jill would make a great choice to represent the series.
#6 Reimu - Touho and Eastern indie rep. Touho has such a long legacy of games (and great music) and would fit quite well in Smash. Not to mention having an interesting kit.
#7 Ryu - Koei Temco, Ninja Gaiden, and DoA rep. Feels like a natural fit into Smash and Ninja Gaiden has a long history with Nintendo. KT should have someone in the game IM.
#8 Crash - Sony and Activision rep. While not directly tied to Sony anymore, he represents the classic Nintendo v Sega v Sony rivalry that existed in the 90s.
#9 Dixie Kong - A first party character. I would feel dirty if my top 10 didn't have at least one Nintendo character. Dixie would be a great fit and would further give us a complete DKC cast to go alongside K. Rool.
#10 Agumon - Bandai and virtual pet rep. Digimon v Pokemon is a classic match-up and it would be nice to play it out in Smash. Agumon would have a pretty interesting kit mixed with melee and ranged alongside digivolving. We have a lot of classic representation but nothing for that small era of virtual pets and who better to stand in for them than the mainstream virtual pets themselves.

I feel like Sora (as a Disney rep) and Rayman (as a Ubisoft rep) should be honorable mentions. Rayman not being in the game is really surprising after seeing the relationship that Ubi and Nintendo has after making Mario/Rappid's a game and Rappibds being present in Odyssey (IIRC).

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
- Prince of All Cosmos
- Dragonborn/Dovahkiin (or any Elder Scrolls rep)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Quote (Cave Story)
- Louie (Pikmin)
- Bandana Dee
- Dr. Eggman
- Dixie Kong
- Waluigi
- Infernape
- Gex
- Demo (A Super Mario Thing)
- Phoenix Wright
- Gandhi (Civ Depiction)
- Kiawe
- Sophocles
- Lana
- Faba

If non-game characters are allowed:

- Shrek
- Spongebob
- Jar Jar Binks
- Izuku Midoriya
- Minoru Mineta
- Scrooge McDuck
- Ember McLain
- Kermit the Frog

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It seems like nobody really knows anything until a few days before a direct about the DLC. Personally I love that. Makes speculation a bit more fun when it feels more like everyone is just shooting the **** instead of have fights over which leak is real
Before E3, we had a deluge of Erdrick rumors. Additionally, Banjo was STRONGLY hinted at a couple of weeks before E3.

But rn? NOTHIN.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Mines, in no particular order:

Elma
Style Savvy
Shantae
2B (or Officer Howard)
Sophitia (or Heihachi)
Carmen Sandiego
Sol Badguy (or Ragna)
Medusa (*cries in Phosphora assist trophy*)
Jill Valentine (or Monster Hunter or Sakura)
Estelle Bright (or Adol or Rean)

Just 10 is hard. I'm sorry Ayumi Tachibana, Prof. Layton/Katrielle, Phoenix Wright, Assassin's Creed rep, and Ayane/Ryu Hayabusa. And that's just me mostly throwing in cool characters that'd make sense. My REAL no rules list would be absolutely bonkers.

the father, the son, and the holy spirit

View attachment 243094

also automata is getting featured left and right in soul calibur, square mobile games and is even the key focus of FF14's 24-man raid for the next two years
so all i'm saying is that 2B is absolutely next on the list for square's business priorities
It really is all over the place. These are the notable Nier Automata cameos I know of:

Soul Calibur 6 (Bandai Namco)
Monster Hunter Frontier Z (Capcom)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega)
Gravity Rush (AKA Gravity Daze) [Sony Computer Entertainment]

And I wouldn't be surprised if it got a cameo in Bayonetta 3 because of PlatinumGames.

Then of course Square Enix put it in:

Final Fantasy XIV
Lord of Vermillion
Servant of Thrones
Star Ocean: anamnesis
SINoALICE
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
VALKYRIE ANATOMIA ‐THE ORIGIN‐
Spelunker World

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You know, the thing about Jill being negotiated without success, if true, means that we're gonna get the real Resident Evil rep: Dante. DMC1 originally was Resident Evil 4 so there you go.
In fact Dante could represent 3 franchises: Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Shin Megami Tensei.

joking, ofc.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Say Amaterasu was the final character of this Season Pass. How satisfied would you all be?
She'd one of the very, very few characters that'd convince me to actually instantly buy the entire pass, after Joker, Hero, BK and Terry all have already failed to do so. So yeah, perfect satisfaction.

KatKit

Smash Lord
You know, the thing about Jill being negotiated without success, if true, means that we're gonna get the real Resident Evil rep: Dante. DMC1 originally was Resident Evil 4 so there you go.
In fact Dante could represent 3 franchises: Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Shin Megami Tensei.

joking, ofc.
He can represent more than that:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Mines, in no particular order:

Elma
Style Savvy
Shantae
2B (or Officer Howard)
Sophitia (or Heihachi)
Carmen Sandiego
Sol Badguy (or Ragna)
Medusa (*cries in Phosphora assist trophy*)
Jill Valentine (or Monster Hunter or Sakura)
Estelle Bright (or Adol or Rean)

Just 10 is hard. I'm sorry Ayumi Tachibana, Prof. Layton/Katrielle, Phoenix Wright, Assassin's Creed rep, and Ayane/Ryu Hayabusa. And that's just me mostly throwing in cool characters that'd make sense. My REAL no rules list would be absolutely bonkers.

It really is all over the place. These are the notable Nier Automata cameos I know of:

Soul Calibur 6 (Bandai Namco)
Monster Hunter Frontier Z (Capcom)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega)
Gravity Rush (AKA Gravity Daze) [Sony Computer Entertainment]

And I wouldn't be surprised if it got a cameo in Bayonetta 3 because of PlatinumGames.

Then of course Square Enix put it in:

Final Fantasy XIV
Lord of Vermillion
Servant of Thrones
Star Ocean: anamnesis
SINoALICE
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
VALKYRIE ANATOMIA ‐THE ORIGIN‐
Spelunker World
it also got put in the bravely default mobile game which is doubly neat because it's the same character designer

1571770120264.png

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Say Amaterasu was the final character of this Season Pass. How satisfied would you all be?
While i dont think itd be the thee megaton effin bomb thatd id like to end the pass, Amaterasu is a wickedly cool character with an amazing game, design, music, artstyle, etc. i think shed be an excellent addition to smash

SKX31

Smash Master
Loads:

DOTA 2 (Lina the Slayer)
Dante
Arle Nadja
Style Savvy protagonist
Master Chief
Kratos
Scorpion
Lara Croft
Tracer
Sly Cooper

Additional mentions: Sgt. Cortez (TimeSplitters), Sash Lilac (Freedom Planet), Rayman / Ezio (AC), Kat (Gravity Rush), Steve (MineCraft), Gordon Freeman (Half Life), Professor Layton, Project H.A.M.M.E.R's protagonist (ressurected, of course), Celeste. And that's my top 20.

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd irving, he alone would cement smash ultimate as the Don dada for me personally.

aside from that I’d be happy with Jill valentine or Amaterasu from Okami.

I’d throw in crash and Geno to appease their fans as well.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I feel like no one ever brings up Sony reps. Kratos? Sackboy? Nathan Drake?

I feel like a Kratos in Smash announcement at the VGAs would instantly radiate the entire audience due to pure nuclear HYPE

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd be extremely confused as to how Ammy managed to get in over every other Capcom character. But she's alright.
what lighthouse are you referring to?

Either way Isaac hype! Lol
How could I not see it? The Lighthouse is a reference to Isaac! He's in boys!

(The Lighthouse is a movie and someone mentioned it to reference how we're all going crazy with these back-and-forth leaks)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I personally would not want Heihachi RIGHT after a different fighting character
Or at least, not another karate guy.

Gimmie a SamSho or a SoulCal or a Darkstalk and I'm totally on board.

I'd be okay with it.

I might just have a video on the subject.
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
5. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
6. Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
7. Billy Lee/Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
8. Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]
9. Shantae [Shantae]
10. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
11. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
12. Kazuma Kiryu [Yakuza]
13. Goemon/Ebisumaru [Legend of the Mystical Ninja]
14. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
15. Viewtiful Joe [Viewtiful Joe]
16. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
17. Amaterasu [Okami]
18. Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
19. Crono [Chrono Trigger]
20. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
21. Mike Haggar [Final Fight]
22. Strider Hiryu [Strider]
23. Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
24. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
25. Heihachi [Tekken]
26. Firebrand [Gargoyle’s Quest]
27. Zero [Mega Man X]
28. Bomberman [Bomberman]
29. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl [ARMS]
30. Alucard [Castlevania]

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I feel like no one ever brings up Sony reps. Kratos? Sackboy? Nathan Drake?

I feel like a Kratos in Smash announcement at the VGAs would instantly radiate the entire audience due to pure nuclear HYPE
Sony Reps are just a huge can of worms, honestly.
Parappa
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Crash
Sackboy
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Tomba
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Sly Cooper
Cole McGrath
Knack