• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I haven’t seen it yet, but I feel I am watching a rendition of The Lighthouse in this thread.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Um? Gerome?? Come on
Cherche's still alive so I could still get Gerome (I hope I do. He looks cool and I've never used him before). Cherche's still unmarried though I don't tend to pair her up because she's on healing duty.

I haven’t seen it yet, but I feel I am watching a rendition of The Lighthouse in this thread.
Dunno what that is but I'm assuming it's a horror movie. Are you predicting our deaths or something?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
A new film from Robert Eggers (The VVitch) starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson as two lighthouse keepers who slowly go mad. Have a feeling people are slowly going mad in this thread.

Dunno what that is but I'm assuming it's a horror movie. Are you predicting our deaths or something?
I am predicting our path to insanity.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
A new film from Robert Eggers (The VVitch) starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson as two lighthouse keepers who slowly go mad. Have a feeling people are slowly going mad in this thread
WOT? (watch below)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Not sure where to put this--but a random shot in the dark prediction, just in case it were to come true:

Fighter #5: Heihachi
-Feat. Mii costumes of Jun, Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter), and Lloyd Irving (Tales of)

Fighter #6: Harry from TeleroBoxer
-More of a standalone like Piranha Plant
-Semi-clone of Little Mac
-Pokemon-esque "trainer" in the background controlling him
-Cross-promotion with a new game by Retro

Calamitas

Smash Champion
A new film from Robert Eggers (The VVitch) starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson as two lighthouse keepers who slowly go mad. Have a feeling people are slowly going mad in this thread.
What do you mean, "slowly"?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
This is also my OPINION: i think fighting game characters getting added to Smash is really boring. I personally love seeing how Sakurai and the team adapt moves from other gaming genres into a fighter. W Ken, Ryu, and Terry its kinda copy/paste

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
"EVERYONE IS HERE DEAD"

I am predicting our path to insanity.
Oh, so that's it. Silly you. Were you under the impression there was any sane person here to begin with? :ultpacman:

So, quick recap: what rumors are still alive exactly? The costume leak (and the costumes alone) and the Hayabusa claims from Shifty and Brew. Anything else is full guesswork, right?

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So, quick recap: what rumors are still alive exactly? The costume leak (and the costumes alone) and the Hayabusa claims from Shifty and Brew. Anything else is full guesswork, right?
If we're talking specifically Fighter #5, then theres a smaaaaaaaaaaall chance its either Ryu or Crash. Rn its really anyones game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can you PM it or should I not be in the loop? I'll keep a secret.

Sorry, but if you're trying to make the evidence force your narrative, you're gonna be beyond frustrated with Smash speculation. I've read enough on the Grinch leak to understand this.

Though, I don't understand why you wont buy second season even if it included characters like 2B or Lara Croft.
Just get in the other channels, you'd get told ASAP
This is also my OPINION: i think fighting game characters getting added to Smash is really boring. I personally love seeing how Sakurai and the team adapt moves from other gaming genres into a fighter. W Ken, Ryu, and Terry its kinda copy/paste
I don't think you get the right to do this if you ever argue "Oh this character I want fits Smash perfectly!". Also my opinion

osby

Smash Obsessed
I personally would not want Heihachi RIGHT after a different fighting character
Funny, because we got Hero right after Joker and a lot of people were asking for Crash/Spyro immediately upon Banjo's reveal.

We didn't even see how Terry plays, aren't you jumping the gun on this one?

Also, Smash is a platforming fighter. Both platforming and fighter game characters are going to be pretty straightforward in adaptation.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
yeah, I don't think square will take the star spirit off the shelf and see the sun for the final spot.
Don't necessarily see him likely as Fighter Pack 5 but for a future character he could definitely happen as a part of a Pass 2 or a Bonus Character.

Just wanted to point out that this is actually totally wrong. Ignoring Lucina (who uses the Parallel Falchion exclusively) and Robin (who doesn't have a prf weapon), every Fire Emblem character in Smash uses their endgame weapon if they have one, excluding Chrom (who has the excuse of asset reuse for using the Sealed Falchion over the Exalted Falchion). Marth, Roy, Ike, and Corrin all use their endgame weapons. If Edelgard got in she would absolutely use Aymr.
Just wanted to point out that this is actually totally wrong. Ignoring Lucina (who uses the Parallel Falchion exclusively) and Robin (who doesn't have a prf weapon), every Fire Emblem character in Smash uses their endgame weapon if they have one, excluding Chrom (who has the excuse of asset reuse for using the Sealed Falchion over the Exalted Falchion). Marth, Roy, Ike, and Corrin all use their endgame weapons. If Edelgard got in she would absolutely use Aymr.
Sorry for the late reply. I'll give you the weapon thing. I also forgot that Robin can't use any of his stuff in smash if he doesn't level up his weapon ranks and also can't use nosferatu at all. Chrom (as people have said) does start with his falchion as we see it in Smash, though.

My main point is that we've never seen a Smash character use abilities restricted to their promoted classes. Ike doesn't use axes. Chrom and Lucina don't use lances (they're echoes, so I know they don't 100% count). Corrin doesn't use magic. I don't think we should expect Edelgard to do heavy armor stuff or to have a shield. Moveset-wise, those seem like the most interesting things she would bring, but maybe Aymr could make up for that.

Edit: Unless the reason for the class promotion limitations is that players in FE have the option to not promote, in which case we could see post-timeskip Edelgard abilities, but we don't really know. I'm just skeptical.

Last edited:

MasterDuelist_24

Smash Rookie
As for anyone else, I think third party fighters and MABEY ONE ASSIST (sry 4 yellin) could become a fighter. Hell, if we got someone like Harry from TeleroBoxer (check out Wonky's thread) i'd still play the game. This is a celebration for games, and if you don't like the fighter, about millons of people could potentially be waiting for that fighter for thier time to shine. My friend is like, 'geno sux, and so does your opinion'. Like, check out how long the support thread dedicated to the Star Road warrior.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Funny, because we got Hero right after Joker and a lot of people were asking for Crash/Spyro immediately upon Banjo's reveal.

We didn't even see how Terry plays, aren't you jumping the gun on this one?

Also, Smash is a platforming fighter. Both platforming and fighter game characters are pretty straightforward in adaptation.
I disagree.

Cloud, Shulk, Joker, and Hero are all from JRPGs, yet their moves were all translated very differently in to Smash. Mario, DK, Diddy, Kirby, Yoshi, Banjo, etc: all characters from platformers that play differently because their unique platforming movements, not created for a fighting game, were all translated into a fighter.

Since Ryu, Ken, and Terry originate in fighting games, and since we already got 2 of those guys in the game, i think its safe to assume that a fighting game character's transition in to Smash is easy. Do you think Terry's moveset to be substantially different than what he's had in every fighting game?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Inb4 The Lighthouse is actually a hint to the next character and none of us noticed.

(Why yes we are going insane)

MasterDuelist_24

Smash Rookie
Since Ryu, Ken, and Terry originate in fighting games, and since we already got 2 of those guys in the game, i think its safe to assume that a fighting game character's transition in to Smash is easy. Do you think Terry's moveset to be substantially different than what he's had in every fighting game?
Yeah, yeet's right. If we were to add, say, IDK, Akuma, his moveset would have to be mixed from his other incarnations, shin akuma and oni. Obviously, the Shun Goku Satsu would be his final smash, and his other would be the Dejin Hadouken. TL;DR fighting game characters are ez pz

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I disagree.

Cloud, Shulk, Joker, and Hero are all from JRPGs, yet their moves were all translated very differently in to Smash. Mario, DK, Diddy, Kirby, Yoshi, Banjo, etc: all characters from platformers that play differently because their unique platforming movements, not created for a fighting game, were all translated into a fighter.

I mean tbf Shulk fights nothing like he does in Smash.
Sorry for the late reply. I'll give you the weapon thing. I also forgot that Robin can't use any of his stuff in smash if he doesn't level up his weapon ranks and also can't use nosferatu at all. Chrom (as people have said) does start with his falchion as we see it in Smash, though.

My main point is that we've never seen a Smash character use abilities restricted to their promoted classes. Ike doesn't use axes. Chrom and Lucina don't use lances (they're echoes, so I know they don't 100% count). Corrin doesn't use magic. I don't think we should expect Edelgard to do heavy armor stuff or to have a shield. Moveset-wise, those seem like the most interesting things she would bring, but maybe Aymr could make up for that.

Edit: Unless the reason for the class promotion limitations is that players in FE have the option to not promote, in which case we could see post-timeskip Edelgard abilities, but we don't really know. I'm just skeptical.
At the same time Marth uses stuff that isn't from his own games, Dolphin Slash is based off of Thracia 776's Myrmidon crit animation and Dancing Blade is based off of Astra. Also isn't the Omega Yato proof of the contrary of your claim?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't think you get the right to do this if you ever argue "Oh this character I want fits Smash perfectly!". Also my opinion
theres a difference between saying a character should be in the game and saying a fighting game character would have a fairly easy transition in to smash

i feel like you always create arguments rather than discuss the topic at hand

I mean tbf Shulk fights nothing like he does in Smash.
Thats the point. Its exciting to see characters and their moves from other genres of games adapted in to a fighting game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom