• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So we're pretty much back to square one with speculation with Ryu Hayabusa being the front runner for FP5 with the others being Crash and an unknown third character
So far the contenders seem to be Ryu Hayabusa, Geno, Crash Bandicoot in that order as well as 4 other characters that have been left unnamed according to Fatmanonice in the Geno thread.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Unrelated, but I think when November rolls around, I'm going to attempt to avoid this place and Smash news in general. As of now, I'm betting on Ryu, but maybe I'll get surprised and that'll be neat.

Keyword being "attempt" though because curiosity gets the better of me quite often lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let me ask again:

Reimu is an indie character, right?

So you guys really think we will get an INDIE character only JAPAN knows? O.o
I know literally nothing about the character but yes it could be possible. Maybe prior to the release, we see the main game being announced internationally for Switch? And then the character gets showcased as a newcomer for Smash. We've seen stranger things.

That being said, bring on Banjo-Threeie for Switch. :ultbanjokazooie:

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
That being said, bring on Banjo-Threeie for Switch. :ultbanjokazooie:
^^ this guy/gal gets it

I cant wait for Mii Costume/Crash guy to respond to everything thats happened. I personally would prefer Crash over Ryu, but see Ryu as the frontrunner atm.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
^^ this guy/gal gets it

I cant wait for Mii Costume/Crash guy to respond to everything thats happened. I personally would prefer Crash over Ryu, but see Ryu as the frontrunner atm.
I mean, it really isn't the terms of one over the other though. It's INCREDIBLY likely that maybe DLC5 isn't Crash but one of the other DLC characters is.

I feel like we might get a few western characters coming Pass 2 or whatever and Crash definitely tops that list.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think fighter 5 will be a Capcom rep, and I'd like a new character from them being the next one. But it doesn't seem the case. That's a bit sad for me, because I want some newcomers from Capcom, not only one.

Watch that next week we get insider info on Sol Badguy.
You know, I would be totally okay with that.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I mean, it really isn't the terms of one over the other though. It's INCREDIBLY likely that maybe DLC5 isn't Crash but one of the other DLC characters is.

I feel like we might get a few western characters coming Pass 2 or whatever and Crash definitely tops that list.
Absolutely. Rn im just specifically talking about #5.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Hang on, wouldn't that have been noticed the first time these "leaks" came out? I can only assume that a community as devoted as Touhou's keeps abreast of such things.
It's almost as if stamping out a supposed leak that's suddenly creating a lot of buzz around their preferred character isn't in their best interest! What a shock!

You say they suck but I actually loved the absolute anarchy that those stages caused with all items on. And having 8 players on them? It's a Hell made in Heaven.
I think the vertical stages are fine until they suddenly start scrolling fast. At which point they just become bull****.

So, what does this twitt mean for the Reimu rumours. Does it make things clearer or just messier?
I mean, it's clearly fake, because it's basically a guy straight up saying they're making music for Smash. Which, they'd have to be breaking all kinds of agreements if that was the case. So it's either fake, or this person is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Watch that next week we get insider info on Sol Badguy.
If that's what you're hoping for, I say just go ahead and do it yourself. Because people here will apparently believe anything!

On UN Owen was her, the song "Sunny Mists Scarlet Milk Incident" has a portion of that song in it.
TerminalMontage also used it as Dharkon's theme in his Smash Ultimate video. :p

SKX31

Smash Master
WELL this is a potentially interesting development:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630974643091537940/635914583218978825/papagenossabi.PNG

“Front runners” being Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, possibly Doom Slayer and/or Resident Evil character...
My mind is so ready for the surprise.

Whether it's Bamco, ArcSys, even Valve (no matter who it is, Valve always surprise announces if they have something going on).

And if it's not a surprise? Well, won't mind that either.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

SNEKeater

Smash Master
WELL this is a potentially interesting development:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630974643091537940/635914583218978825/papagenossabi.PNG

“Front runners” being Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, possibly Doom Slayer and/or Resident Evil character...
I don't think that references Resident Evil. Doomslayer maybe, because he's frequently mentioned even if there's no leaks. A RE character isn't that common in leaks and rumours.

I suppose that talks more about Hayabusa, Crash, Reimu? and maybe Doomslayer.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait, she literally only mentioned that she had heard "Some SNK character" after it leaked on the website. Who is this mysterious person that "kept Terry to himself for a month"? Vergeben?
Interesting but not entirely surprising. It would only reinforce the "echo chamber characters never get in".
Well, if that were the case we wouldn't have gotten Banjo and "Erdrick".

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Reminder that we still have "November 5th will feature a Terry stream and Phoenix Wright reveal" banging around.

Like it's not likely and it's a random 4chan post but hey, at least that has an obvious kill date.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't think that references Resident Evil. Doomslayer maybe, because he's frequently mentioned even if there's no leaks. A RE character isn't that common in leaks and rumours.
Oh, is this what we're doing now. All the people that have been arguing that their favorite character is a frontrunner for months now are suddenly going to argue that they actually weren't brought up that much because of this?

Guys, those Hayabusa rumors were debunked almost a year ago! He's barely been even mentioned since then!

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Reminder that we still have "November 5th will feature a Terry stream and Phoenix Wright reveal" banging around.

Like it's not likely and it's a random 4chan post but hey, at least that has an obvious kill date.
Imagine starting november with Nintendo saying "november 5th we will have a presentation for Terry". Hoo boy.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
clap clap

LET’S GO KOS-MOS LET’S GO!

clap clap

(imagine if was actually a Nintendo character lmao... bonus points if it’s someone not from Three Houses, like Akira Howard, or even someone who’s already in as a Spirit)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Oh, is this what we're doing now. All the people that have been arguing that their favorite character is a frontrunner for months now are suddenly going to argue that they actually weren't brought up that much because of this?
Easy, now.

I think it's agreed upon that the "frontrunners" were Ryu and Crash due to "leaks" and "insider info".

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Guys, those Hayabusa rumors were debunked almost a year ago! He's barely been even mentioned since then!
As yeet123 said, Hayabusa and more recently Crash were the frontrunners, at least if we talk about the leaks and the rumours that PapaGenos and Sabi have mentioned.

I'm not doing anything lol.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
It must be Dante's time to shine. The stars are aligning for him to close off the Fighter Pass (and finally get the crossover with Bayonetta that DMC and Bayo fans have been clamoring Kamiya and Itsuno for).

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I still have my hunch about Capcom, so if I had to guess it's between the RE crew, Phoenix Wright and Hayabusa imo.
I'm on the same boat. The last piece of information we got seems to hurt Ryu tho. Phoenix is one of my personal favorite, and being a silly character, one with more historic support than others from Capcom, and one with global recognition and acceptance in the Smash community, meanwhile not being so much marketable for the common folks, make me strongly believe in his chance as last character for the current pass - I would vote for him as "most likely" - but RE and Dante are good runners-up.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Imagine starting november with Nintendo saying "november 5th we will have a presentation for Terry". Hoo boy.
I looked it up and the rumor was actually the sixth... If that's when they say the Terry stream will be I'll have a heart attack.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Ryu Hayabsa really isn't the fifth fighter then I hope we get a Resident Evil fighter as the fifth fighter. My personal wish would be Leon.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The date of November 6th is pretty safe, I mean that's my prediction of when Terry will be released before I heard of that rumor. So it doesn't mean anything. Case in point that 4chan leak from a year ago that said Spyro and Crash will be revealed at E3 and they correctly guessed when info on Nintendo Switch online would happen in early May. Even though it was a safe guess as Golden Week ended on the first week of May.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It must be Dante's time to shine. The stars are aligning for him to close off the Fighter Pass (and finally get the crossover with Bayonetta that DMC and Bayo fans have been clamoring Kamiya and Itsuno for).
I mean this in the best possible way, Im ready to get Anime as f***************************ck w a Dante addition.
Cloud v Bayo v Joker v Dante? Laaaaaaaaaawd they comin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

What days of the week were Joker, Hero and Banjo's presentations put out? Cause I wouldn't be surprised if this was using those prior videos to mark a date down

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm just not really into the whole hearsay of I heard that the "frontrunners", which is kind of arguable besides Hayabusa, MIGHT not be the character. That tells me nothing honestly and I'm just ready for November to hurry the hell up.
What days of the week were Joker, Hero and Banjo's presentations put out? Cause I wouldn't be surprised if this was using those prior videos to mark a date down
Wednesday is when they were all released.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Joker was April 16th, Hero was July 30th and Banjo was September 4th

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Piranha was dropped on a Tues, Joker was dropped on a Weds, Hero on a Tues, and Banjo on a Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom