• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folt

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is a playable character in three games and Magolor has been the main villain of one while reduced to cameo appearances in others.

He isn't even a confirmed Dream Friend yet. This is like saying Lord Fredrik is more important than Dixie Kong. He's a moderately notable one-off villain.
While I agree that Magolor has had less important appearances than Bandana Dee...

Magolor is actually a sure lock for a Dream Friend, having been datamined months beforehand. Unused data of him also existed in the game at base indicating he was originally supposed to be a Dream Friend in the base game.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
It actually surprises me how few people are considering chorus kids/a rhythm heaven rep as a newcomer for this game. To me they’re practically a lock. I know a lot of their popularity came from the gematsu leak but they were clearly planned last time due to the emblem in the files, as well as rhythm heaven being very popular in Japan, and being one of the most major Nintendo games not to have a newcomer yet

Chumble Spuzz

Smash Rookie
It actually surprises me how few people are considering chorus kids/a rhythm heaven rep as a newcomer for this game. To me they’re practically a lock. I know a lot of their popularity came from the gematsu leak but they were clearly planned last time due to the emblem in the files, as well as rhythm heaven being very popular in Japan, and being one of the most major Nintendo games not to have a newcomer yet
While I'd be fine with any Rhythm Heaven rep, I would much prefer Karate Joe. He's a lot more iconic than Chorus Kids

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to give some two cents here.

While it wouldn't phase me either way if Geno makes the cut or not, I honestly hope that the Mario series receives two unique newcomers in the form of him or Paper Mario.

I understand he's the flagship franchise for the company as well as being their pride and joy, but I feel said series has enough characters as is.

Also he already got said treatment back in Smash 4 with both Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Another personal viewpoint I wanted to bring up is that I don't really consider a new Pokemon rep to be all that necessary.

Sure past installments have made it a tradition of sorts to add a newcomer or two but again like Mario I feel it has more than enough, which yes counts all three of Pokemon trainers partners in the grand total.

Again I understand it's like tied with Mario as the most popular money maker franchise for Ninty, but don't think that a creature from Gen 7 needs to be included in the roster; even though I think a lot of the designs are absolutely killer.

Just hope for the most part this one continues with what they've been doing so far in giving universes that haven't received a unique newcomer that's not an echo their much due recognition or introduce completely new universes into the fray.

But again that's just me cause I'll still be completely satisfied at the end of the day and trust Sakurai's decisions and judgement entirely.

TBone06

Smash Ace
It's someone who has left a variety of cryptic messages about Ultimate this year and has yet to be wrong about anything. For example, he merely tweeted "Chrom" the morning of the last Direct seemingly out of the blue.
Ah, I have heard of him, but I didn’t know his name. I appreciate it!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's someone who has left a variety of cryptic messages about Ultimate this year and has yet to be wrong about anything. For example, he merely tweeted "Chrom" the morning of the last Direct seemingly out of the blue.
To be fair, Chrom was a very easy guess.

And I'm convinced that Nintendo is deliberately sending false information out there to weed out leakers. I'm not convinced that any leaker has access to the full roster and knows for sure who the final characters are.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
While I'd be fine with any Rhythm Heaven rep, I would much prefer Karate Joe. He's a lot more iconic than Chorus Kids
I get that his design is not suited to a fighting game, but iconic? The chorus kids are used on a massive amount of promotional art for rhythm heaven and are basically used as the face of the series right now

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Regarding the fake image leak that people are comparing to the ESRB leak, remember that the ESRB leak followed up with more convincing photos and even video. Also remember that the ESRB leak had decent renders of the characters. This one does not.

Right now that leak looks like a bad Photoshop job and I'm 100% convinced it's fake. So unless whoever made it follows up with actual video of these characters, I'm not buying it at all.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I get that his design is not suited to a fighting game, but iconic? The chorus kids are used on a massive amount of promotional art for rhythm heaven and are basically used as the face of the series right now
The series is full of iconic and recurring characters, I think that Karate Joe, the Chorus Kids (and similar characters, like the mascottes of the Wii game), and the red dressed girl with monkeys, are all face of the franchise on the same level, and other characters such as the clap lions, the samurai, and Munchy Monk are just behind (probably there are even more, such as the box head guys who dance and play ping-pong).

Anyway, I feel like Karate Joe would be the best character to represent the series, not because he's a fighter, but because he appears in all the games of the series and has more than one minigame/song in each game; he's also often used as the introduction minigame (in the DS game he has got the introduction and ending of the final remix too).
I think he's a more consistent character, maybe he's less "promotional" than the chorus kids, but he's just as relevant if not more (probably more).

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
The series is full of iconic and recurring characters, I think that Karate Joe, the Chorus Kids (and similar characters, like the mascottes of the Wii game), and the red dressed girl with monkeys, are all face of the franchise on the same level, and other characters such as the clap lions, the samurai, and Munchy Monk are just behind (probably there are even more, such as the box head guys who dance and play ping-pong).

Anyway, I feel like Karate Joe would be the best character to represent the series, not because he's a fighter, but because he appears in all the games of the series and has more than one minigame/song in each game; he's also often used as the introduction minigame (in the DS game he has got the introduction and ending of the final remix too).
I think he's a more consistent character, maybe he's less "promotional" than the chorus kids, but he's just as relevant if not more (probably more).
Oh I see what you’re saying, good point. Tbh I just want anyone from RH so I wouldn’t be opposed to karate joe, and he would definitely be a good rep for the series as you said

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can I just say it's so aggravating that 90% of the character threads titled them with the character in question at the END of the title, rather than first thing. Rookie mistake, everyone. Poor speculation etiquette.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Chorus Kids are such a sleeper pick. If you believe that Sakurai isn’t using top-tier ballot choices for 100% of the picks, then in my opinion, there’s more logical evidence for Rhythm Heaven than almost any other character.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Chorus Kids are such a sleeper pick. If you believe that Sakurai isn’t using top-tier ballot choices for 100% of the picks, then in my opinion, there’s more logical evidence for Rhythm Heaven than almost any other character.
The biggest piece of evidence imo is the emblem in smash 4. This suggests he planned them, and knowing how sakurai loves reusing concepts he couldn’t previously implement (for example ditto, planned for melee all the way back then), then I’m sure he’s going to look into a rhythm heaven rep, ESPECIALLY since this games roster was supposedly finalised only a year after smash 4 came out, so his plans for a rhythm heaven character were most likely still fresh in his mind. I’m convicted a rh rep is in.

beano199

Banned via Warnings
Can confirm Rhythm Heaven has a new representative in Smash Brothers Ultimate in Karate Joe

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can confirm Rhythm Heaven has a new representative in Smash Brothers Ultimate in Karate Joe
Man, going around different characters’ threads and ‘leaking’ them with one sentence posts? You’re the laziest fake leaker I’ve seen so far.

*insert worst pirate gif*

beano199

Banned via Warnings
Man, going around different characters’ threads and ‘leaking’ them with one sentence posts? You’re the laziest fake leaker I’ve seen so far.

*insert worst pirate gif*
Doing what I can. I don’t have photographic evidence but trying to get some would likely get me fired. You don’t need to believe me. I’m just spreading the word

cybersai

Smash Ace
Doing what I can. I don’t have photographic evidence but trying to get some would likely get me fired. You don’t need to believe me. I’m just spreading the word
If you have info, it's easy to get away with posting stuff on 4chan as anonymous then forums like this one, especially if you're legit. It's one of the reasons leaks are always on 4chan over traditional forums.

EDIT: Also, Dr. Stewart? Really? If we ever get another F-zero rep he's completely unbelieveable.

Last edited:

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the fake image leak that people are comparing to the ESRB leak, remember that the ESRB leak followed up with more convincing photos and even video. Also remember that the ESRB leak had decent renders of the characters. This one does not.

Right now that leak looks like a bad Photoshop job and I'm 100% convinced it's fake. So unless whoever made it follows up with actual video of these characters, I'm not buying it at all.
This Mimique guy isn't claiming to have inside info tho. He just has a good guessing track record.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The question is: Would Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven make people jump and cheer like with Ridley? Would it get people pumped like with Simon? Would it make over a thousand people sign a "Thank You" letter like with K. Rool?

Rhythm Heaven is popular, but it's a casual popularity, not necessarily a hardcore one. Ridley, Simon and Richter, and K. Rool aren't necessarily popular or relevant, but they're what the hardcore fans want. People have been asking for them for over a decade, so when we finally see it happen, it's dreams coming true. In my case, I've wanted Dark Samus since before Brawl, and seeing it happen after 10 years was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

I don't think people have that kind of emotional attachment to Rhythm Heaven characters.

The only newcomer that is due to general popularity is Inkling, but Splatoon's popularity is unparalleled. Splatoon 2 was the first video game in Japan to sell over 2 million unites in over a decade. It's part of the reason why hundreds of people would line up outside shops in Japan for the chance to buy a Switch in a lottery. There's even live music concerts, promotional tie-ins, and other media appearances. It's not just a game franchise, it's a phenomenon that's managed to captivate Japanese audiences in a way no other series has been able to accomplish.

Rhythm Heaven isn't really on that level.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The question is: Would Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven make people jump and cheer like with Ridley? Would it get people pumped like with Simon? Would it make over a thousand people sign a "Thank You" letter like with K. Rool?

Rhythm Heaven is popular, but it's a casual popularity, not necessarily a hardcore one. Ridley, Simon and Richter, and K. Rool aren't necessarily popular or relevant, but they're what the hardcore fans want. People have been asking for them for over a decade, so when we finally see it happen, it's dreams coming true. In my case, I've wanted Dark Samus since before Brawl, and seeing it happen after 10 years was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

I don't think people have that kind of emotional attachment to Rhythm Heaven characters.

The only newcomer that is due to general popularity is Inkling, but Splatoon's popularity is unparalleled. Splatoon 2 was the first video game in Japan to sell over 2 million unites in over a decade. It's part of the reason why hundreds of people would line up outside shops in Japan for the chance to buy a Switch in a lottery. There's even live music concerts, promotional tie-ins, and other media appearances. It's not just a game franchise, it's a phenomenon that's managed to captivate Japanese audiences in a way no other series has been able to accomplish.

Rhythem Heaven certainly isn’t on the same level with any announcement, but it represents something else that I think is equally important. The representation of another unique Nintendo franchise. One that does have its fans and can potentially have a newcomer with a really interesting and unique move set. Plus, I think it’s realistic to at least expect a representative or two that aren’t mind blowing fan favorites like the rest of the roster. There’s value in satisfying other parts of the community and continuing to demonstrate more parts of Nintendo history.

In my ideal world actually, ALL Nintendo franchises have at least one rep. Advance Wars, Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Dillion, Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Sin and Punishment having representation with playable characters would be amazing, and is one of the dreams I’d love to see realized. Along side other less notable one offs, but the roster can unfortunately only get so big...

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Theory: Main roster slots are used for fan requests, heavily influenced by the ballots, to please fans. DLC will be used for widely recognized characters non-smash fans would want to buy, like Master Chief.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894

Did pit do any of those things? Did wii fit trainer? Popularity and requests amongst smash fans aren’t everything, rhythm heaven is still a huge Nintendo franchise without a rep, and sakurai obviously wanted one in last game

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
To be fair, Chrom was a very easy guess.

And I'm convinced that Nintendo is deliberately sending false information out there to weed out leakers. I'm not convinced that any leaker has access to the full roster and knows for sure who the final characters are.
I really hope this is the case, that'd be hilarious

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Rhythem Heaven certainly isn’t on the same level with any announcement, but it represents something else that I think is equally important. The representation of another unique Nintendo franchise. One that does have its fans and can potentially have a newcomer with a really interesting and unique move set. Plus, I think it’s realistic to at least expect a representative or two that aren’t mind blowing fan favorites like the rest of the roster. There’s value in satisfying other parts of the community and continuing to demonstrate more parts of Nintendo history.

In my ideal world actually, ALL Nintendo franchises have at least one rep. Advance Wars, Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Dillion, Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Sin and Punishment having representation with playable characters would be amazing, and is one of the dreams I’d love to see realized. Along side other less notable one offs, but the roster can unfortunately only get so big...
Not saying it wouldn't be unique, and it would be cool to have broader representation of Nintendo's library, but Sakurai has the ballot results. He knows who people want, and that's what he's giving to them. And after he's already announced several of the most requested characters of all time, to come out in a month or two and announce Rhythm Heaven characters would be a massive step down from the previous announcements, and typically that's not what you want when building hype.

Geno and Isaac are probably going to be the final two announced newcomers. Those are the only characters left that I can see that would live up to all the others.

Did pit do any of those things? Did wii fit trainer? Popularity and requests amongst smash fans aren’t everything, rhythm heaven is still a huge Nintendo franchise without a rep, and sakurai obviously wanted one in last game
Pit and Wii Fit Trainer weren't newcomers in the game where there's probably going to only be 6 or 7 newcomers total in the base game. That means each one has to really count.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Not saying it wouldn't be unique, and it would be cool to have broader representation of Nintendo's library, but Sakurai has the ballot results. He knows who people want, and that's what he's giving to them. And after he's already announced several of the most requested characters of all time, to come out in a month or two and announce Rhythm Heaven characters would be a massive step down from the previous announcements, and typically that's not what you want when building hype.

Geno and Isaac are probably going to be the final two announced newcomers. Those are the only characters left that I can see that would live up to all the others.

Pit and Wii Fit Trainer weren't newcomers in the game where there's probably going to only be 6 or 7 newcomers total in the base game. That means each one has to really count.
Rhythm Heaven is a big nintendo franchise which is very popular in Japan, and has a quite a large fanbase overseas. It is one of the bigger nintendo franchises not currently represented, would fit with Sakurai's "oddball" character picks, lends itself well to an interesting rhythm based moveset, and is now known to have been planned for the last game, so they definitely are in the runnings for both likelihood and popularity

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what is the general consensus about a Zelda newcomer in this thread?

I still think my girl Impa is the most likely, and best choice. Be it as a Sheik Echo or not. Hyrule Warriors also offers a unique Impa, who could draw a little from Cloud if anything, but it’s at least a possibility.

Still think it’s more likely than Skull Kid myself, who is only hyped now because of a “leak”.

Btw, don’t talk leaks with me. Believe 0 of them.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Rhythm Heaven is a big nintendo franchise which is very popular in Japan, and has a quite a large fanbase overseas. It is one of the bigger nintendo franchises not currently represented, would fit with Sakurai's "oddball" character picks, lends itself well to an interesting rhythm based moveset, and is now known to have been planned for the last game, so they definitely are in the runnings for both likelihood and popularity
As far as oddball picks go, Rhythm Heaven is the best choice right now, you have that right. The issue is that we're unlikely to get an oddball choice this game.

They work in the previous games because there's so many newcomers that you can throw them in and not many people will complain. Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt didn't make the world go crazy, but at the same time we got Mega Man, Shulk, Villager, and Pac-Man. There's enough crowd-pleasers to balance things out.

We didn't see oddball picks for Smash 4 DLC, either. It was either returning veterans or major characters. Why? Because if you're only going to have a few characters as DLC, and ask people to pay extra for them, they better be ones that sell. The same principle, so far, is in effect for Ultimate. We're probably only getting 6 or 7 newcomers, as opposed to the 15 for Smash 4, so each one of those characters has to really count.

If Rhythm Heaven was going to get a character, it would've been announced in the Direct earlier this month. That's the best time, because it's not E3, where you want the most mindblowing character (Ridley), and it's not the final reveal, where you want something on that level (probably Geno). This middle Direct would've been great for whatever character would be the least popular, since you're not opening or closing with it. If people were to be watching the final Direct with bated breath, waiting for the character they've wanted for over a decade, and Rhythm Heaven shows up, that wouldn't go over well, to say the least.

Considering anyone to be a "lock" at this point is dangerous. After Ridley, K. Rool was obvious, and Simon was the one character that Vergeben was absolutely certain was confirmed, but right now it's anyone's game. Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and Banjo & Kazooie, are the most-requested characters that are left. My money is on Geno, Isaac, or Skull Kid, but there's other options as well.

Shadow the Hedgehog is probably the one character who we can be confident in seeing as an Echo Fighter, but that's it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do think some people are underselling Rhythm Heaven. It's easily the biggest unrepresented Nintendo franchise left, and covers a whole genre not represented by anyone on the roster.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
The likelihood of a Rhythm Heaven character all depends on how many are left. If there's only a small amount of newcomers like 2 or 3, I doubt we'll see it and Sakurai will continue to focus on the Ballot for picks. If we get more than that, which is what I'm hoping, they have a reasonable chance.

And yeah, not every character has to be a hype-inducing popular one. For me, I'm happy with any inclusion as long as they have an interesting play style. Never played Rhythm Heaven, but the Chorus Kids seem like a really cool idea.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think it depends how far Chorus Kids got into development in Smash U. If they were like 80% complete or something and then axed, surely Sakurai would finish them. If they were only 40-50% complete, maybe he may axe them.

If they never left the concept stage and were only considered and barely had a working prototype, then no way are they coming now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dixie Kong, Geno, Isabelle, Ken Shadow and Skull Kid are definitely locks at this point. Just too much evidence to say not otherwise.

Think we'll be getting an Rhythm Heaven rep due to the hint in K. Rool's reveal trailer as well as Isaac since a picture shows a position in Smash Ultimate like in the Golden Sun games when fighting an enemy.

Banjo-Kazooie and Rex with maybe Pyra (Working like a mix between Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer) I feel will be DLC but otherwise not Base Roster.

Probably will get an new Pokemon rep and if leaks are to go by it won't be Decidueye. If I had to guess probably Incineroar.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just want to say that the mimique guy is worth watching.. I'm convinced he does have insider info and is hiding behind "predictions" there's no way someone guesses their way to the amount of correct predictions he has.. I've been following his Twitter since a little before the second direct.

Here's a list of things he accurately predicted WAAAY before the second direct.. just to note I'm going off the top of my head here he may have gotten more...

He predicted K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus..
He predicted Shovel Knight getting a none playable role in the game but being in.
He predicted Ashley wouldn't be playable
He predicted the Final Smash meter mode
He predicted Ridley and Daisy pre E3

The guy is on fire in terms of his predictions and he's pretty confident when he guesses. When he's right he just move's to the next prediction... honestly I feel like he knows stuff and is pretending to know nothing easiest way to not get caught.. you don't guess that much stuff accurately the odds are against him. Especially the more obscure stuff like the Smash meter mode...

I for one am paying attention to his "guesses" he has yet to be wrong in the character department. I mean even when every leak before the August direct said Ashley, K. Rool, etc. He straight up said "Ashley isn't playable" and boom she wasn't.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that a leaker can play dumb and act like he's some oracle when really he knows more than he let's on and makes it seem like lucky guesses... if Isaac and Skull Kid don't get in then his streak will end but he doesn't see that happening.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
As far as oddball picks go, Rhythm Heaven is the best choice right now, you have that right. The issue is that we're unlikely to get an oddball choice this game.

They work in the previous games because there's so many newcomers that you can throw them in and not many people will complain. Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt didn't make the world go crazy, but at the same time we got Mega Man, Shulk, Villager, and Pac-Man. There's enough crowd-pleasers to balance things out.

We didn't see oddball picks for Smash 4 DLC, either. It was either returning veterans or major characters. Why? Because if you're only going to have a few characters as DLC, and ask people to pay extra for them, they better be ones that sell. The same principle, so far, is in effect for Ultimate. We're probably only getting 6 or 7 newcomers, as opposed to the 15 for Smash 4, so each one of those characters has to really count.

If Rhythm Heaven was going to get a character, it would've been announced in the Direct earlier this month. That's the best time, because it's not E3, where you want the most mindblowing character (Ridley), and it's not the final reveal, where you want something on that level (probably Geno). This middle Direct would've been great for whatever character would be the least popular, since you're not opening or closing with it. If people were to be watching the final Direct with bated breath, waiting for the character they've wanted for over a decade, and Rhythm Heaven shows up, that wouldn't go over well, to say the least.

Considering anyone to be a "lock" at this point is dangerous. After Ridley, K. Rool was obvious, and Simon was the one character that Vergeben was absolutely certain was confirmed, but right now it's anyone's game. Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and Banjo & Kazooie, are the most-requested characters that are left. My money is on Geno, Isaac, or Skull Kid, but there's other options as well.

Shadow the Hedgehog is probably the one character who we can be confident in seeing as an Echo Fighter, but that's it.
Here's the only contesting point I have with you using Geno as your example for a mind-blowing character.
I mean to us, yeah he would be.
He would be the definition of diehard fan support causing an actual reality, no matter how long it took.
However, the dude is practically unrecognizable to people outside of Smash speculation and communities unlike K.Rool and Simon.
He'd literally be a "Who??" character to a wide majority of people, given the fact he's never addressed or talked about regarding Mario characters or Nintendo in general. Nor is he used at all by the company who owns him. Then maybe some would find out where he's from and you'll see a lot of salt from people like with R.O.B, Dark Pit, or possibly even Corrin as he took another potential SE character's "slot".

However, back on topic for the Chorus Kids. You do have to remember that Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt were some of the final reveals for Smash 4. Outside of Duck Hunt maybe due to their history, none of these characters were "hype" as compared to their previous showcases of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and some others.
Like Xenoblade had a fanbase, but it was pretty small until Smash 4 came out.
So considering all of that, I'm sure that the timing of reveals has nothing to do with their chances at all.
Also considering the amount of content for Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4 alone, like a Smash Run enemy, having more trophies than most other minor series, and the datamined logo from the playable character section. Not to mention that the RH Fever protags trophy refers to the Chorus Kids, which wouldn't make too much sense given they're not prominent or shown in the game outside of one trophy.
So given Sakurai's comments on the Ice Climbers and the logo, it's pretty likely that they were in the game at some point. Which was most likely way past the planning stages and probably still in the same production phases like the Icies, given the amount of content, so theoretically they would take less time than developing a completely unique fighter as a large precentage of them was already worked on.

But yeah, as many others have said I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Chorus Kids. They are one of the most likely characters for Smash Ultimate imo, and I just find it crazy how so many people just straight up ignore them.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's the only contesting point I have with you using Geno as your example for a mind-blowing character.
I mean to us, yeah he would be.
He would be the definition of diehard fan support causing an actual reality, no matter how long it took.
However, the dude is practically unrecognizable to people outside of Smash speculation and communities unlike K.Rool and Simon.
He'd literally be a "Who??" character to a wide majority of people, given the fact he's never addressed or talked about regarding Mario characters or Nintendo in general. Nor is he used at all by the company who owns him. Then maybe some would find out where he's from and you'll see a lot of salt from people like with R.O.B, Dark Pit, or possibly even Corrin as he took another potential SE character's "slot".

However, back on topic for the Chorus Kids. You do have to remember that Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt were some of the final reveals for Smash 4. Outside of Duck Hunt maybe due to their history, none of these characters were "hype" as compared to their previous showcases of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and some others.
Like Xenoblade had a fanbase, but it was pretty small until Smash 4 came out.
So considering all of that, I'm sure that the timing of reveals has nothing to do with their chances at all.
Also considering the amount of content for Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4 alone, like a Smash Run enemy, having more trophies than most other minor series, and the datamined logo from the playable character section. Not to mention that the RH Fever protags trophy refers to the Chorus Kids, which wouldn't make too much sense given they're not prominent or shown in the game outside of one trophy.
So given Sakurai's comments on the Ice Climbers and the logo, it's pretty likely that they were in the game at some point. Which was most likely way past the planning stages and probably still in the same production phases like the Icies, given the amount of content, so theoretically they would take less time than developing a completely unique fighter as a large precentage of them was already worked on.

But yeah, as many others have said I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Chorus Kids. They are one of the most likely characters for Smash Ultimate imo, and I just find it crazy how so many people just straight up ignore them.
The Chorus Kids may have problems that prevent them from being playable. They're a 3 in one fighter, meaning that if the player decides to have an 8 player Smash where everyone plays as the Chorus Kids, the game will have to run 24 separate fighters at the same time. This may cause lag, especially on highly detailed stages such as Fountain of Dreams. Karate Joe is also another RH character that people have been speculating on.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just want to say that the mimique guy is worth watching.. I'm convinced he does have insider info and is hiding behind "predictions" there's no way someone guesses their way to the amount of correct predictions he has.. I've been following his Twitter since a little before the second direct.

Here's a list of things he accurately predicted WAAAY before the second direct.. just to note I'm going off the top of my head here he may have gotten more...

He predicted K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus..
He predicted Shovel Knight getting a none playable role in the game but being in.
He predicted Ashley wouldn't be playable
He predicted the Final Smash meter mode
He predicted Ridley and Daisy pre E3

The guy is on fire in terms of his predictions and he's pretty confident when he guesses. When he's right he just move's to the next prediction... honestly I feel like he knows stuff and is pretending to know nothing easiest way to not get caught.. you don't guess that much stuff accurately the odds are against him. Especially the more obscure stuff like the Smash meter mode...

I for one am paying attention to his "guesses" he has yet to be wrong in the character department. I mean even when every leak before the August direct said Ashley, K. Rool, etc. He straight up said "Ashley isn't playable" and boom she wasn't.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that a leaker can play dumb and act like he's some oracle when really he knows more than he let's on and makes it seem like lucky guesses... if Isaac and Skull Kid don't get in then his streak will end but he doesn't see that happening.
This is actually interessting. First "leaker" that caught my attention. And that's saying quite a lot.

What did he say about Impa? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom