• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, they'll definitely make him shoot arrows left and right for all his smash attacks and aerials. Of course.

What else does he have besides that?
Wing attacks, beak attacks, moves like Leafage and Grass Knot, ghost abilities a la Pokken, and his signature move, Spirit Shackle.

Decidueye would play like a calculated sniper, not being able to move very fast, but able to have an overwhelming projectile game based on strong, precise shots. Spirit Shackle would also hold foes in place, allowing it to either retreat to get a better vantage point, or to close in for wing or talon attacks.

And you're acting like an archery moveset is something to laugh at. It reeks of when people thought a boxing moveset would be boring because "it's just punches."

D

Deleted member

And what exactly makes you think someone like Decidueye has a higher chance than, let's say Incineroar, exactly? Let me guess:
Great, personal attacks. We're off to a great start. Let's completely neglect the fact I didn't even mention Decidueye specifically.
-"we need a grass starter because we'll have the Fire-Water-Grass type triangle represented!"
It's a nonsensical and pointless theory and it's been debunked anyway now that pokemon trainer is back. What else? He's popular? Zoroark used to be back in the day and guess what happened to him.
I actually agreed with this before Pokemon Trainer was confirmed.
-He appeared in Pokken and his chances are higher then everyone else [they also included pikachulibre as an alt so they are taking that game into consideration]?
Well, I guess Gengar, Sceptile, Weavile, Gardevoir, etc. have as much of a chance as he does.
I'm not sure if it means much for his chances, but Decidueye is given a clear focus on the game's boxart. He was pretty heavily promoted in the game's marketing.
- "B-but he's an archer, there's a moveset there!"
So are Pit, Link, Toon Link, Young Link. Again, nothing new. Literally any character can have a unique moveset, even a piece of turd, so that doesn't mean much.
Here's the thing, they only utilize their bow for one move. Decidueye could have a moveset entirely based around it, which is a concept that wasn't utilized in the past.
And while the latter part is true, Sakurai chose Greninja because he found it easy to make a moveset based on his concept art. Decidueye's moveset honestly writes itself so Sakurai could've easily picked it as a fighter. Also I don't appriciate your wording.
I know it sounds I'm just attacking him personally, but it's just that some like to jump into the bandwagon of some characters because everyone else does too and they fear having a personality of their own.
Why the **** do you think he's on my profile picture if I'm just blindly following trends!?
Plain and simple, Sakurai does whatever the heck he wants in the end, there are no rules set in stone and he usually aims for what catches his attention instead of what the "entirety of the smash fanbase which resides in the interwebz (which is in reality a very small minority)" thinks would suit best (which is fine by me because most of the requests would make a hideous roster). I also feel like that if he were as popular as people make him seem to be, he would've been announced already.
And you don't even bother to adress my initial point. Not even on the one character you did talk about. Incredible.
My initial judgement of you was 100% corect.
The games may come out next year, but early drafts and concepts are done way before the game even starts development. Sakurai already said in an interview he got illustrations of Greninja back when XY wasn't even announced. But why didn't he add Inklings for example you may ask, well, he probably knew about them but Splatoon was a hit or miss unlike Pokemon. Absolutely no one expected it to be this popular so it's not a good comparison and that's why I'm on the fence with Springman now since he's in a similar situation.

But hey man, if I'm proven wrong I'm wrong, I don't really care. You can shove it in my face all you want.
Pokemon X and Y were already out for a few months when Greninja was confirmed for Smash.
Smash is releasing this year, while Gen 8 is releasing next year.
I think there's a clear difference here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Something I think is worth pointing out about the leak that said Minecraft would get content, is that now that we've gotten Bomberman as an assist it's absolutely possible that Minecraft could get just a stage. (or an assist)

Which could mean great things for Banjo & Kazooie. Since they'd hardly partner with Microsoft if they weren't getting a playable character out of it.
If that happens, this will be my all-time favorite game. I will be so flipping happy if Banjo-Kazooie got in.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Why the **** do you think he's on my profile picture if I'm just blindly following trends!?
So because you have a character in your profile picture you're totally safe from being classified as following trends. How does that even make sense? If anything that makes you look even more like it but ok, I won't question that logic.

Funny you mention my wording and your very next reply is saying ****, that totally doesn't make it ironic.
And you don't even bother to adress my initial point.
Maybe because there wasn't one to begin with?

My initial judgement of you was 100% corect.
Same here, good to know that the guy who has decidueye in their pfp will act like a total fanboy and be extremely biased about it.

You've still yet to give a real reason as to why:
a) you think there's absolutely going to be a pokemon in this game.
b) Out of all of them it will be this one.

But ok.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So because you have a character in your profile picture you're totally safe from being classified as following trends. How does that even make sense? If anything that makes you look even more like it but ok, I won't question that logic.

Funny you mention my wording and your very next reply is saying ****, that totally doesn't make it ironic.

Same here, good to know that the guy who has decidueye in their pfp will act like a total fanboy and be extremely biased about it.

But ok.
Sun and Moon were the 20th anniversary titles and came around right when the roster was being decided. Their importance, the series' popularity, and the timing lead me to believe an Alolan newcomer is as good as a lock. Pokémon, more than any series, can afford a ton of characters.

And considering Decidueye was an early fan favorite and had concept art showcasing its archery skills, I could see Sakurai picking Decidueye and building a full archer moveset around it.

You're acting as though it's an impossibility when it's far from it.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If villager can have his slingshots I see no reason decidueye's moveset can't be based around shooting arrows, there seems to have been this weird reluctance to have projectiles be normal attacks but with villager and mega man especially now there's no reason he can't have say an up tilt where he shoots arrows upwards or a forward air where he shoots arrows diagonally downwards like in pokken.

And that's ignoring the other things decidueye can do, there's the grass and ghost typing for starters, spirit shackle which traps opponents and of course his wings and talons. To say Decidueye's archer motif wouldn't be unique and interesting is just a lie lmao

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I don't even understand what you're trying to say with that first sentence, anyhow.

Let's think about it rationally: what odds does he have in favor? He has appeared in a few titles where you can play with friends together as Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight and him, as a player 4 so-to-speak, not because of anything in particular but rather because there's really no one else left, had it been a waddle doo with a parasol they would've went with it and nothing would've changed. But unlike Meta knight and Dedede that doesn't make him any special, he's just there to fulfill a role any other could've filled just as good.

If that weren't the case and he's a recurring character in the franchise because the kirby devs see he's fun, he's been around for a while now, even before Brawl if I'm not mistaken. So why is it that he hasn't been added after 10+ years? Sakurai hates him? No. He doesn't want people to think he's biased with his own creation? That's not it either. It's because Sakurai/ the people in charge of deciding characters just see him as a plain waddle dee who happens to have a spear. He's just esthetically boring to look at as a newcomer, and let's be real, his moveset would end pretty lame and uninspired too, which is why we'll never get stuff like Toad or a goomba either.

Same thing as I said to the other guy, you can request for anyone you like but don't expect others to roll with it. Feel free point at me and laugh if he actually manages to make the cut.
Well he has appeared in more titles than Meta Knight and King Dedede in recent years. Also he is quite special, he has appeared on almost all Kirby promotional material along side the original 3 even in games where he isn't playable. Yes he is a recurring character but he only made his first major appearance after Brawl and Sakurai probably wouldn't want to add another Kirby character just after adding two in the previous game. 'plain waddle dee with a spear' has been shown to have personality and even so a spear is a unique weapon yet to be seen in Smash and he could also use other weapons that Waddle Dees have used in the past such as parasols and even mechs. Now tell me how that would be a lame and uninspired moveset when we have characters which literally only use a sword. Also you say he looks aestchetically boring but he has more design and colour than say Kirby or Jigglypuff. Also you say we won't get a Toad or a Goomba but we have a Yoshi don't we?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Coming into the thread with "how on earth can people possibly think this" attitude is basically always going to create turmoil. Let's not do that whatsoever. Please keep an open mind when discussing things. Don't write things off just because they don't fit your personal view.

D

Deleted member

I'm no blind sheep. I have Decidueye in my profile picture because I actually love the character and want it in the game. Look at my status.
Yes, there was.
I never said Decidueye was a lock, but these kind of unfounded definitive statements really make it so easy for you not only to eat crow, but for people to remember you eating that crow.
You didn't give an explanation for any of the characters you mentioned in the "never happening" category, so I was asking what makes you so adamant that these characters will never happen.
Nope, I'm only responding properly to personal attacks. I'm actually pretty reasonable when it comes to discussing Decidueye, but I don't appriciate false accusations on my character.
Except I never said that. You're just assuming that about me because I have Decidueye in my profile picture.
I previously assumed that there's going to be a Pokemon newcomer like in every game, but given that we're probably not getting that many newcomers, I'm actually starting to doubt it. Shocking, isn't it?
I did, actually.
Here's the thing, they only utilize their bow for one move. Decidueye could have a moveset entirely based around it, which is a concept that wasn't utilized in the past.
And while the latter part is true, Sakurai chose Greninja because he found it easy to make a moveset based on his concept art. Decidueye's moveset honestly writes itself so Sakurai could've easily picked it as a fighter. Also I don't appriciate your wording.
Of course, it's not guaranteed, but I do think it makes him one of the more likely candidates.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
It's not an impossibility but it's not set in stone either although you're all acting like it's a safe bet if there happens to be one. There are many ways to represent pokemon games without making them playable fighters. Anyhow, as far as I know in japan's popularity polls it's Rowlet, Mimikyu, Primarina and Vulpix the most popular, not Decidueye. There's not even a poll overseas so where does this even come from in the first place.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It's not an impossibility but it's not set in stone either although you're all acting like it's a safe bet if there happens to be one. There are many ways to represent pokemon games without making them playable fighters. Anyhow, as far as I know in japan's popularity polls it's Rowlet, Mimikyu, Primarina and Vulpix the most popular, not Decidueye. There's not even a poll overseas so where does this even come from in the first place.
If the pokemon rep was chosen in mid-2016 then it's down to who sakurai's sees potential in more so than popularity anyway.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
It is, which is why I could see Incineroar happening if anything. The wrestler moveset fits too well and he is more eye-catching than anyone else, really.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if you're referring to me, but I never implied that I think Decidueye's inclusion 100% set in stone. That was just you putting words in my mouth.
You, on the other hand, said Decidueye (among others) will "never happen", without even explaining why.
Anyway, popularity isn't everything. It's not the end-all-be-all and it certainly doesn't mean Decidueye is out of the running.
Besides, Decidueye wasn't the only character you were so adamant about being "impossible".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It is, which is why I could see Incineroar happening if anything. The wrestler moveset fits too well and he is more eye-catching than anyone else, really.
I think that last thing is more a matter of opinion. Decidueye's earthy tones do a lot more for me than Incineroar's black and red,
Don't get me wrong, Decidueye is far from guaranteed. Incineroar, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc all have their merits as well. I'm just saying he isn't some no-hoper. :p

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Don't know if you're referring to me, but I never implied that I think Decidueye's inclusion 100% set in stone. That was just you putting words in my mouth.
You, on the other hand, said Decidueye (among others) will "never happen", without even explaining why.
Anyway, popularity isn't everything. It's not the end-all-be-all and it certainly doesn't mean Decidueye is out of the running.
Besides, Decidueye wasn't the only character you were so adamant about being "impossible".
No it wasn't aimed to anyone in particular. And if you could please stop phrasing your arguments in a way that makes it look like you're being personally attacked by anything I say I'd appreaciate it.

D

Deleted member

No it wasn't aimed to anyone in particular. And if you could please stop phrasing your arguments in a way that makes it look like you're being personally attacked by anything I say I'd appreaciate it.
I'd appriciate it if you apologized first.
You did personally attack me, after all.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Here are my own personal dreams when it comes to newcomers. Some may seem obscure, but after seeing Ridley, anything is possible!

Banjo-Kazooie
Castlevania Rep.
Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins protagonist)
Eggman (AKA Robotnick)

I will lose my **** if any of these are coming to Smash.

I think the most likely possibility is a Castlevania representative, due to Snake’s return AND the fact they made Bomberman an assist trophy. Maybe Konami wanted to add either Bomberman or a Castlevania rep, and Bomberman didn’t quite make the cut.

Banjo is probably the smallest possibility, but Sakurai is probably aware of the demand, and Phil Spencer has been very clear that he’d be thrilled to have him in the roster.

Sir Arthur is a stretch, but I believe Capcom holds much love for the franchise, and I think if there were to be any other Capcom reps, Sir Arthur has a good chance. Heck, I’d take him over Shovel Knight any day. He’s extremely important in Nintendo’s history, the franchise is always among the first to be included in Virtual Console line-ups, and he’d just be plain awesome. He has a huge arsenal of weapons, and would probably be a master of ranged fighting due to the vast number of projectiles. Also, it would be interesting to see what kind of mechanic would be implemented for his infamous armor break.

Eggman is probably a long shot, and tails or shadow would probably come first, but Eggman has so much potential. He’d most likely work like Bowser Jr, piloting his iconic flying craft. Even with Ridley’s inclusion, the game could use more villains.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Not sure how well Decidueye fares now, but that also applies to everyone due to the nature of this installment. The focus was on bringing back every veteran, with Sakurai stating that he had hoped we weren't expecting too many newcomers. The website mentions 66 fighters, with Ridley being 65. Assuming we've only one more newcomer, I'm thinking either a Ubisoft character, or a fan-favorite ballot pick.

With Krystal eliminated, Decidueye stands as my 2nd most wanted newcomer now. A lot of moveset potential there that would be great to see in Smash.

Actually, with Ridley being confirmed and a multitude of other characters being eliminated, what's everyone's "Most Wanted Newcomers" lists looking like now? My original Top 10 had quite a shake up, with Ridley confirmed, and Krystal, Midna, and Waluigi deconfirmed.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Not sure how well Decidueye fares now, but that also applies to everyone due to the nature of this installment. The focus was on bringing back every veteran, with Sakurai stating that he had hoped we weren't expecting too many newcomers. The website mentions 66 fighters, with Ridley being 65. Assuming we've only one more newcomer, I'm thinking either a Ubisoft character, or a fan-favorite ballot pick.

With Krystal eliminated, Decidueye stands as my 2nd most wanted newcomer now. A lot of moveset potential there that would be great to see in Smash.

Actually, with Ridley being confirmed and a multitude of other characters being eliminated, what's everyone's "Most Wanted Newcomers" lists looking like now? My original Top 10 had quite a shake up, with Ridley confirmed, and Krystal, Midna, and Waluigi deconfirmed.
They've added 3 new pokemon giving us a total of 9, it's really not out of the question to think that they'll focus on other characters instead tbh.

Also I think there's definitely more than 3 newcomers, I'm thinking 7 at the very least

D

Deleted member

My pre-E3 top 10:
  1. Decidueye
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Shovel Knight
  4. Isaac
  5. Ridley
  6. Crash Bandicoot
  7. King K. Rool
  8. Waluigi
  9. Takamaru
  10. Rayman?
My post-E3 top 10:
  1. Decidueye
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Shovel Knight
  4. Isaac
  5. Crash Bandicoot
  6. Kign K. Rool
  7. Rayman?
  8. Spyro?
  9. Susie?
  10. Tails?
That seems about accurate. Some of these placements are interchangeable though, especially the last 4 of my post E3 list.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm thinking a little less than Melee, which had 8 non-clone newcomers. 5-7 total including the squid and dragon. I think it'll be hard to have more reveals without a ton of time left, but I'm sure we'll get at least one more Smash Direct.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So at this point these are the characters that seem most likely to be newcomers to me:

K. Rool
Elma
Ashley
A rhythm heaven rep
A pokemon rep
Bandana Dee

Potential echoes:

Dixie (sadly, she deserves better imo)
Isabelle
Impa
Dark Samus
Chrom

I've probably missed some, but these are the ones that stand out to me as being most likely (barring Simon Belmont from the Vergben rumor).

Other characters I would love to see, but I don't think are as likely or even remotely likely (and that I don't believe are disconfirmed as yet). Basically my personal list of longshot hopes and dreams:

Isaac
Andy
Captain Syrup
Banjo
Tingle
Slime
Goemon

Let me know if you think I'm missing anyone.

EDIT - I would say Rayman has a very good chance as far as 3rd party characters go as well. I'm just not sure how many more to expect.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If I had to make an educated guess on who's still going to come the base game, not DLC, I'd wager...

Rayman (He fits the aesthetic and Ubisoft is really trying so hard to be buddy-buddy with Nintendo)
Decidueye (Every game gets a new Pokemon rep, and he seems like the most likely from this gen.)
Rex & Pyra (I haven't played the game, but Nintendo has pushed the series hard since they got exclusivity, and it sounds like something Sakurai would do.)
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (Costume changes rather than echo characters, I'd think. They do virtually the same thing.)

Isabelle ε
Impa ε
Dixie Kong ε
Octolings ε

And even though it won't happen, I would really want Ittle as a Toon Link echo character.

A man can dream. Shut up.

Borskaboska

Smash Rookie
Assuming that this game will have MAX 10 non-clone newcomers (including Inkling and Ridley), my picks are
1. King K, Rool
2. Slime from Dragon Quest
3. Excite Biker
4. Sigurd from Genealogy of the Holy War, on the condition he is on his horse at all times.
5. Simon Belmont
6. Waddle Dee
7. I was always fond of that meme where people suggested a Style Savvy character.
8. Andy from Advanced Wars.

And a Funky Kong echo

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There aren't even 10 characters I want as everyone I want is already in the game, so here's a top 5:

1. Rex and Pyra
2. Skull Kid
3. King K. Rool
4. Celica
5. Geno

Takasmash

Smash Ace
My Top 8 Most Wanted Characters I Want For Smash Ultimate
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Elma
Medusa
Chorus Kids
Lip
Rayman
Geno

SirCamp

Smash Ace
If I had to make an educated guess on who's still going to come the base game, not DLC, I'd wager...

Rayman (He fits the aesthetic and Ubisoft is really trying so hard to be buddy-buddy with Nintendo)
Decidueye (Every game gets a new Pokemon rep, and he seems like the most likely from this gen.)
Rex & Pyra (I haven't played the game, but Nintendo has pushed the series hard since they got exclusivity, and it sounds like something Sakurai would do.)
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (Costume changes rather than echo characters, I'd think. They do virtually the same thing.)

Isabelle ε
Impa ε
Dixie Kong ε
Octolings ε
A number of these characters actually strike me as a bit too recent tbh. Rex and Pyra I don't think are likely in the base game simply because of the development cycle. Generally (yes not necessarily a hard rule, but still) characters from games that are released shortly before a smash game don't make it in. I mean Inklings didn't make it until Smash Ultimate despite being wildly successful new IP. They didn't even make it as DLC, after that success was well documented. And Rex and Pyra seem to be in a similar boat here. As are any ARMs reps. I wouldn't be surprised to see either as DLC though, as I assume Inklings may have been considered for DLC but given how quickly development seems to have turned over to Ultimate they may have just decided to wait instead.

I also wonder if Octolings would run into the same problem to be honest. But then again were they in the first Splatoon? I've not actually played it so I'm not sure. But if they were then I would definitely expect them as an echo fighter.

Also I didn't originally mention him in my previous post but I do think Rayman is fairly likely as far as the remaining 3rd party candidates go.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've been thinking non-stop about the roster over the past few days and decided to put my ideas into image form:

79 characters total. 9 unique newcomers and 5 new echoes (Daisy, Funky, Dark Samus, Shadow and Isabelle). Every unique newcomer was chosen in terms of popularity given the ballot, which seems to be the direction things are going here. However, in typical Sakurai fashion, a few spots are saved for recent releases, being Spring Man and Rex, which were in games that shared dev time. I would imagine that he anticipated their popularity and put them in the game.

I almost want to add 2 more characters so the game can say "OVER 80 CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM!" on the back as a huge marketing milestone. My picks for that would be Celica and Lycanroc, as more characters with games sharing development time with anticipated popularity.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I've been thinking non-stop about the roster over the past few days and decided to put my ideas into image form:

79 characters total. 9 unique newcomers and 5 new echoes (Daisy, Funky, Dark Samus, Shadow and Isabelle). Every unique newcomer was chosen in terms of popularity given the ballot, which seems to be the direction things are going here. However, in typical Sakurai fashion, a few spots are saved for recent releases, being Spring Man and Rex, which were in games that shared dev time. I would imagine that he anticipated their popularity and put them in the game.

I almost want to add 2 more characters so the game can say "OVER 80 CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM!" on the back as a huge marketing milestone. My picks for that would be Celica and Lycanroc, as more characters with games sharing development time with anticipated popularity.
lycanroc and skull kid (for some zelda love) sound good to me, you'd have my vote. :grin:

Amazeballs

Smash Rookie
Reminder that Bandana Dee is the only Dream Friend in the base game other than Dedede and Meta Knight, and the only one of them whose moveset isn't based on a copy ability that's in the game.
Preach!!! Don't forget Return to Dream Land either! Or Rainbow Curse. Or Battle Royale. Geez, he really should be in by now...

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

First off, lemme just say how awesome it is to have Wolf back in this game!

Anyway my post E3 top 6 because I can only come up with 6 are:
1. Bandanna Dee
2. Dillon
3. Spring Man
4. Decidueye
5. Shadow
6. Captain Toad

I'm pretty sure that at least ONE of those will be in the final game though I can hope for all 6!

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace

What about Simon Belmont that leak call Ridley being the newcomer for smash ultimate yeah uh the leak is real.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I think 7 new characters will be added, making a total of 10. They are
1. King K Rool- Popular demand
2.Banjo Kazooie- Once planned, popular demand
3. Decidueye- Gotta have a new Pokemon
4. Springman- Nintendo would want Arms reps
5. A Fire Emblem character- Gotta have one
6. Shadow the Hedgehog- Echo Fighter, no sign of AT
7. Dark Samus- Echo Fighter, people saying there is no Dark Samus pallete

Other possible ones are Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Spyro, and Shantae

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I think 7 new characters will be added, making a total of 10. They are
1. King K Rool- Popular demand
2.Banjo Kazooie- Once planned, popular demand
3. Decidueye- Gotta have a new Pokemon
4. Springman- Nintendo would want Arms reps
5. A Fire Emblem character- Gotta have one
6. Shadow the Hedgehog- Echo Fighter, no sign of AT
7. Dark Samus- Echo Fighter, people saying there is no Dark Samus pallete

Other possible ones are Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Spyro, and Shantae
I don't think "gotta add a pokemon" is really that great of a reason when they just added 3 new ones, could still happen though I guess. Same with fire emblem since sakurai is aware the series is already overrepresented, not like there's really a new one to add anyway

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I don't think "gotta add a pokemon" is really that great of a reason when they just added 3 new ones, could still happen though I guess. Same with fire emblem since sakurai is aware the series is already overrepresented, not like there's really a new one to add anyway
Chrom could happen. I was more referring to trends in newcomers, a Pokemon, and more recently, Fire Emblem character has always been one.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The Site says there currently 65 characters. I think we can expect an even 70 at launch with possible DLC afterwards.

66. A new DK Rep, Probably Dixie Kong.
67. A new FE rep, because Sakurai would. Echoes is currently the most recent game so Alm or Celica.
68. A New Xenoblade character. A lot of recent events and info lead me to believe it would a Xenoblade X character like Elma.
69. An Alolan Pokemon, I've seen some people say Decidueye niche of a grass starter is gone, but it still has the niche of being a ghost archer.
70. A new 3rd party character. Snake's return and Bomberman's new role as an AT may pave way for a Castlevania character like Alucard. I'm still holding hope that we'll get a Tecmo rep in Ryu Hayabusa.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Even Shadow Hedgehog will be cool echoe character I dont see Sonic getting another rep its not needed plus Sonic games has been mix these days.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
My Top 8 I want to appear
1: Sora [Kingdom Hearts]
2: Banjo & Kazooie (I know im starting with the unlikely ones) [Banjo-Kazooie Duh]
3: King K. Rool [DK]
4: Simon Belmont [Castlevania]
5: Dixie Kong (Echo Fighter) [DK]
6: Fire Emblem: three houses character (I like the guy with the jacket) [Fire Emblem]
7: Pokemon Rep maybe [Pokemon]
8: Rex & Pyra [Xenoblade 2]

Id also like to see beast ganon but considering Ganondorfs final smash it ain't happening.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here's a video of my Top 10 picks.

If you don't want to watch the video, they're:
1. Simon Belmont [Castlevania]
2. Erdrick(Roto) [Dragon Quest]
3. Decidueye [Pokemon]
4. Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
5. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
6. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
7. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]