• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You have done such a marvelous job, and most of my all-time wants are there already. All I'd ask for at this point would be Doshin the Giant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am done for now.
I'm going to be focusing on Medusa until E3 passes, in which case I might take requests again. For now, all the requests I've gotten plus a few of my own choices.
What about these requests?

Could you do Elma, Fiora and Impa? Pretty please?
Chrom and Henry Fleming would be neat.
I would also suggest Adeleine from Kirby if you also want something less anime-like.
would you be open to krystal, amaterasu, and linkle? no pressure. if you'd rather only one per person i'll trim it down to krystal
Well, if my signature is any indication, I'd like to see Brian from Quest 64. Maybe at some point some other related characters to the series, but that's not important right now.
Could I possibly get an Incineroar and Funky Kong please?
I have a couple, not that I'd expect half of them done since they're pretty minor and just my personal favourites but:

Master Chief (I mean you've already got Kratos let's get the big 3 platform reps together)

The megaman X trio: X, Zero and Axl

Toy-con Robot

And for ****s and giggles: Blitzcrank from LoL (he'd stick out like a sore thumb on that list though lmao)

Doing any of them would be kickass though
Can I suggest Slippy Toad? Starfox Guard was pretty good and I feel like he's slept on.
Looks great! I have a few requests.

• Boo
• Daisy
• Elma
Not sure if this is something you are actively working on anymore, but if you are I would love to see any of Captain Syrup, Ashley, Goemon, and/or Mallo. But mostly Captain Syrup. lol

You haven't completed all the requests you've gotten yet. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Frankly, I felt like 96 was enough to warrant a break.
I had a feeling your "queue" was your current bit. To be fair, you didn't specify very well why the others weren't done at all. I honestly couldn't tell why.

Sorry if overall you felt overwhelmed or anything by the requests. I know how hard it is to make a ton of content. Especially if it's content that may not heavily interest you.

Just look at my avatar. Guess how many fans of this character are on this site. :p

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I said it before, but the reason I'm taking a break was because E3 is around the corner and I felt I needed to push v0.0.0 out before then.
I'll probably take up requests/finish my queue after E3, depending on what's shown.

On an unrelated note, all my most-wanted characters (plus Bowser) participating in 8-player Smash.
batt.png

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Since the full reveal is just around the corner I've decided to make a tryhard prediction list. These are the characters that I think will be in the game not necessarily the ones I want to be playable and I'll be listing them from most likely to least likely.

Newcomers (First party)
Inklings - Well duh!

K.Rool - He is popular in both Japan and the west usually appearing near or at the top of fan polls. He also received a Mii costume after the ballot concluded which could indicate he performed quite well there. His biggest competition comes from Dixie Kong who is also very popular and is more relevant but even with those disadvantages K.Rool still shares a similar amount of support. Could these supporters be a vocal minority? Perhaps but his consistent popularity over the last few years leads me to believe that his fanbase is big enough to warrant a spot on the roster.

Decidueye - With generation 8 of Pokemon not coming out until next year, the chances of a gen 7 Pokemon appearing shoot right up. Decidueye is fairly popular in the west but its prevo Rowlett is much more popular in Japan. Also his overall popularity seems to be overshadowed by Mimikyu who seems to get more love worldwide. So why do I think Decidueye has a better chance than Mimikyu? For me it comes down to the uniqueness of his design as well as the moveset potential it has. Between Spirit Shackle, gliding, vines and a large wingspan that can be be used for close - medium quarters fighting I think it has a much better shot of having a fully fleshed out moveset compared to its competition.

Ashley - Easily the the most popular Warioware character outside of Wario himself. She also appeared a lot in Smash 4 being an Assist Trophy as well as getting a post ballot Mii costume which further cements her popularity. Being a witch gives a base to create a moveset from and while the thought of more zoning characters worries me, I think they can be quite creative with her. The biggest question over her viability is just how big the Warioware series actually is. Her popularity is huge in comparison to the characters from her series but what about on a larger scale? In my opinion I think it is enough and she will make the roster.

Springman/Ribbongirl - Being a new IP, I'm sure Nintendo will want to push Arms as much as they can and with Springman & Ribbongirl being the poster children, they make the most sense as newcomers. With unique designs, an easily realizable moveset and their game still fresh in the mind it would be appear to be a no brainer that they'll be there day one. There is one major issue though, the time of their creation. It is known that Sakurai and his team like to finalise the roster in the early stages and the development time of Arms is very close to that cutoff period. To many this could be seen a deconfirmation however it has been known that characters have been added and scrapped much later in development before and given how much Nintendo would want to push Arms I have a feeling they would try to convince Sakurai to include them even after the initial cutoff.

Chorus Kids - The appearance of Rhythm Heaven characters in Smash Run has given me the impression that the series may get a rep this time around. You could replace the Chorus Kids with another RH rep but I think they stand out the most. Admittedly this one is more of a hunch than an educated guess.

Rex & Pyra/Mythra - This one is very difficult as like Springman/Ribbongirl they are relevant, popular and from a game recently released that Nintendo would want to push further. Unfortunately they share the exact same problems as the Arms characters in that they are potentially too new and thus would have missed the character cutoff point. The reason they're lower on the list is because unlike Arms, Xenoblade as a series is already established in Smash and so it won't have the novelty of being a new IP. An even bigger issue is that Sakurai could easily have chosen Elma who would represent the X series and was relevant when the characters were being chosen. The only reason I think Rex & Pyra will make it over Elma is because again I think Nintendo would want the newest characters available to help push sales and relevancy for their recent Switch titles. The character designs were finalised about two years ago so it's not like it would be a last minute decision like Sonic in Brawl was. Either way If these guys don't make it then Elma is a lock.

Marx - The Kirby series is overdue a new character in my opinion but trying to pick just one is a very tough choice. Bandana Dee is very popular and highly requested and while I'm probably gonna get hate for this, I just don't think he's interesting enough to make it. Magolor is another very popular character especially in Japan but unless he uses his transformed state, I don't know what his moveset would actually be. For me this leaves two more possibilities, Susie and Marx. I decided on Marx because he is a classic villain from the Sakurai era of Kirby games. I don't like to point out Sakurai's bias since I think it's a little overblown but when you look at the characters, stages and music from the Kirby games in Smash an overwhelming majority are from the Sakurai era. Marx is popular, an actual villain unlike MK and Dedede and has a moveset that would function very well in Smash as Star Allies has shown us. I will say though that his Star Allies appearance came too late to have any influence on his potential Smash incarnation although it is possible Sakurai might have asked current HAL for ideas about new Kirby characters.

Ridley - To be honest I hadn't even entertained the thought of Ridley being playable after being relegated to a boss for two games running. The main reason I'm listing him here is that there are rumours from various sites that indicate he'll be announced at E3. The reason he is so low on this list is that while the rumours seem plausible, I don't know what could have changed to make Sakurai decide that Ridley is no longer "too big".

Balloon Fighter - I was going to list Takamaru but changed my mind to Balloon Fighter at the last minute. My reasoning for this is that Balloon Fighter could make a very unique character but more importantly I think it would be a great way to pay tribute to Satoru Iwata. It's a very tough decision since Takamaru has been considered twice before and also has a Mii costume and Assist Trophy but my gut is telling me Balloon Fighter has a slight edge. The reason he's at the bottom of the list is because both him and Takamaru are much smaller in scale compared to the the other retro reps. For example, G&W, R.O.B and Duck Hunt not only represent an era of games but they also represent hardware and peripherals that came with their games. Balloon Fighter and Takamaru don't have that and definitely aren't as well known as R.O.B and Duck Hunt.

Newcomers (Third Party)

Simon Belmont - Castlevania is a very important IP when it comes to the history of video games and is one of the few big names missing from Smash. Belmont has been rumoured and with an apparent Castlevania collection coming to the Switch it seems like a perfect time for Konami to come back to Smash.

Rayman - Nintendo and Ubisoft's relationship is arguably the best it has ever been and with the success of Mario + Rabidds I don't see that changing any time soon. Rayman has a long history to draw moveset inspiration from and his design is unique enough to stand from the rest of the cast.

Returning veterans

Everyone from Smash 4 - Given we aren't going from SD to HD this time, it means porting over assets from Smash 4 will be much simpler and given the game's apparent dev time, I'm fairly confident everyone is coming back, clones and all.

Ice Climbers - These guys were finished and even had a crowd cheer accidentally left in when Smash 3DS came out. Without the 3DS Limiting development this time I'm almost 100% confident they'll be back.

Wolf -He should have been DLC for Smash 4 but I'm fairly sure he'll be back this time.

Snake - If Konami is coming back to Smash then Snake has a shot of making a return too. The only thing I'm worried about is Sakurai's friendship with Kojima complicating things. Given how Kojima and Metal Gear were treated a few years ago I think Sakurai might not want to bring Snake back out of respect for his friend. However I feel like Business may come first in this regard.

12 newcomers, 3 old vets from Brawl.

And there it is. Sorry if it reads like an essay, I've been revising for two weeks straight. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Joe-Bill

Smash Rookie
This is my personal roster. https://imgur.com/gallery/Vg7AH8F What do you think?

My Newcomers:
Toad
Waluigi
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Impa
Dark Samus
Medusa
Lyn
Bandana Dee
Decidueye
Takamaru
Rex and Pyra
Inkling
Spring Man
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Shantae

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
A lot of people seem to sleep on Kamek whereas I think he has a lot of moveset-potential and why it was suggested to me to post my moveset for him in this thread as well.

Smash - Kamek.png

(I also made similar concepts for Bandana Dee, Toad, Waluigi and even a reworked Ganondorf, but since they're all relatively popular picks, I'll refrain from posting them here. Yet, if you're still interested, go check out the support- threads for the according character, they're all there somewhere.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A lot of people seem to sleep on Kamek whereas I think he has a lot of moveset-potential and why it was suggested to me to post my moveset for him in this thread as well.

View attachment 147581

(I also made similar concepts for Bandana Dee, Toad, Waluigi and even a reworked Ganondorf, but since they're all relatively popular picks, I'll refrain from posting them here. Yet, if you're still interested, go check out the support- threads for the according character, they're all there somewhere.)
I just want to mention I thank you for using Hey Gorgeous, aka, the ripoff version of the Paper Mario font since TTYD :)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I made the prediction in a character-specific thread and elsewhere, but I'm throwing it out there again:

We've heard astonishingly little from Shenmue I & II HD this E3. I'm calling that at the end of the Smash tournament, Roy Hazuki is revealed in a trailer as a Smash character, and the game is announced for Switch.

-Nintendo knows the audience at the tournament and those who are watching are the hardcore crowd. No doubt they were aware of the terrific reception Shenmue III received upon announcement.
-Still no release date or ESRB rating for the game yet.
-The game was announced for the other platforms first as not to appear to show favoritism.
-Smash is a huge marketing platform. If your character is in Smash, they're going to get a lot of attention, which can only help Sega in reviving the franchise.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I guess I'll make a list of newcomers/returns. This list is a mixture of both my own wants and what I think will happen. (so it's not really a want or prediction list, more of a "this is the most ideal scenario I can imagine" list.

Isaac
King K. Rool
Inklings
Ridley
Rex & Pyra
Simon Belmont
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
Ice Climbers
Snake
Wolf
New Pokemon (or alternatively a Pokemon Trainer return with changes)
Excitebiker
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Banjo & Kazooie
Phoenix Wright

I'm not sure if 15 is too many, but potential dlc is included in this list too. So I'm not expecting all of these characters to be available at launch.

I really want Phoenix Wright, but unfortunately I don't see him as that realistic. (and a part of me wonders if the Ace Attorney series is even on Sakurais radar) So out of the whole list I think Phoenix Wright is the main "wishful thinking" pick. I feel like the Ace Attorney universe would be a perfect match for Smash, but I still don't think his chances are that great. Capcom already have two reps in Smash, and I can so easily see Monster Hunter being in line for a third Capcom rep.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
so almost all my hopes and dreams got confirmed, but the remaining one is probably an assist trophy. can't win em all, i guess. in any case nintendo just won every e3 forever

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
so almost all my hopes and dreams got confirmed, but the remaining one is probably an assist trophy. can't win em all, i guess. in any case nintendo just won every e3 forever
No, I think Bethesda won...

Adding back every veteran with some tweaks in a deluxe port is not that exciting, regardless of how much work it took.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've posted this to a few places, but does anyone else find it weird Daisy uses Blue Toad and not Toadette? In a game where they're trying to please all fans I'd expect Toadette to have a role since it really wouldn't be hard to make Daisy use her and not Blue. Blue could just be like a quick fix but if you're going to change Toad at all (which, you really don't have to, we've seen multiple Red/Blue Toads) then why not go the full mile and make it Toadette when she's just a pink Toad and they're constantly going the full mile in other places, like the Galacta Knight alt for Meta Knight?

Just something that makes me suspicious, I'm not holding my breath and I know this means nothing but it makes me think that CT is in and Toadette is an alt for him or an Echo.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Adding back every veteran with some tweaks in a deluxe port is not that exciting, regardless of how much work it took.
I would have liked to be more excited about Bethesda... I'm just not a PC Master Race User uwu

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've posted this to a few places, but does anyone else find it weird Daisy uses Blue Toad and not Toadette? In a game where they're trying to please all fans I'd expect Toadette to have a role since it really wouldn't be hard to make Daisy use her and not Blue. Blue could just be like a quick fix but if you're going to change Toad at all (which, you really don't have to, we've seen multiple Red/Blue Toads) then why not go the full mile and make it Toadette when she's just a pink Toad and they're constantly going the full mile in other places, like the Galacta Knight alt for Meta Knight?

Just something that makes me suspicious, I'm not holding my breath and I know this means nothing but it makes me think that CT is in and Toadette is an alt for him or an Echo.
Maybe they were too lazy to rig her hair?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Maybe they were too lazy to rig her hair?
That's possible. But if CT isn't in, it'd make sense for him to be one of the Toads the Princesses use then. Shoot, we even got Pauline on her stage. All these character inclusions and the absence of CT/Toadette is what makes me think they're going to have some kind of role, playable or not.

plus from what I've seen they wouldn't have to rig it, I've only seen like one clip of Toad but if the hair was static then I don't think it'd stick out that much, also considering how it'll just be for one fighter and for just like two of their moves so I don't think it'd be a big deal.

I'm also still not sure why they changed Toad to Blue in the first place since having multiple Red/Blue Toads wouldn't be out of place. but idk im just grasping lol

Fane

Smash Journeyman

tbh i don't think that fallout 76 and a small tease for the next elder scrolls qualifies a 'win' for Bethesda. They had great stuff, yeah, but it wasn't really a LOT. Nintendo just went all out and had a phenomenal presentation.

'deluxe port'? that's literally just taking a game and straight up... porting it over with some special additions.

this is in no way, shape, or form a port by any means necessary. it doesn't matter how you wanna cut it, this is a whole brand new game itself.

on topic of newcomers though:

Sakurai mentioned not to expect 'too many' new fighters. we already know of 3. There's 6 months until release. At this point there really is NO point in keeping fighters secret up until release. they literally just threw 66 characters in our faces in one go.

I'm guessing we'll see a total of ~10 newcomers. That's less than Brawl's and still a reasonable amount to bring in. Plus, we're totally getting DLC and they will all be newcomers anyway, so I will be satisfied with what we get.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've seen a few people speculate that we're looking at one newcomer trailer per direct until release, which run every 2 months-ish. That would bring the total to 2 more revealed newcomers. The amount of unlockable newcomers has gone down over the past two entries (6 of the 16 Brawl unlockables were newcomers, compared to 4 of 14 in 3DS and 3 of 14 in Wii U), though all newcomers seem to be unlockable this time so that's probably not an important distinction to make. We can, however, likely expect a few newcomers that won't be revealed pre-release, maybe 2 or 3. I just can't envision Sakurai just revealing everything pre-launch.

My own speculation is around 6 unique newcomers (Inkling, Ridley, K. Rool, Decidueye, Rex and Spring Man) and 4 echo fighters (Daisy, Shadow, Celica and Chrom).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I completely forgot that I had supported Sukapon for Smash the last 2 games during this one until he was revealed as an assist trophy and I was like "Ah dang it!"

I'm not sure who to expect anymore

But I really am expecting Geno to make it this time!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Taking in the expectations of Sakurai's newcomer statement from the Direct, I'm going to take a guess that there will be at 6-8 characters unveiled within the next six months.

For Echo character ideas, I could see something like Street Fighter's Ken or Akuma acting as one of them.

Last edited:

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Full list of ATs so far caught on video:

1 Burrowing Snagret
2 Krystal
3 Andross
4 Color TV-Game 16
5 Dr. Wright
6 Ghosts
7 Hammer Bros
8 Jeff
9 Knuckle Joe
10 Lyn
11 Metroid
12 Midna
13 Mother Brain
14 Nintendog
15 Riki
16 Samurai Goroh
17 Sheriff
18 Starman
19 Takamaru
20 Waluigi
21 Rodin
22 Arcade Bunny
23 Squid Sisters
24 Knuckles
25 Sukapon
26 Bomberman
27 Ghirahim
28 Starfy

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Pretty certain K Rool and Dixie will be in. But I do have a feeling that Dixie might be an echo character or semi clone at best due to lack of development time. I’d be pleasantly surprised if she’s a completely unique character though. I’m pretty sure K Rool is actually really popular in Japan, and with Sakurai saying that the West’s constant persistence is what finally had him add Ridley to the game, I think it’d be hard for Sakurai to continue to ignore both the West and the East’s cries. Correct me if I’m wrong about K Rool’s popularity in Japan though.

Simon, I’m iffy on because while the Vergeben leak definitely seems correct, the thing about Verge is that even if his source does give him right information, he also gets some wrong. I’m 95% sure that Simon will be in due to the second source getting the no cuts thing correct and the fourth one getting Snake correct, but I’m still nervous.

I’m also certain that Shadow and Dark Samus will be echo characters. There’s blatantly no reason to remove Samus’ Dark Samus alt color unless she’s playable, ans there’s blatantly no reason to replace Shadow with Knuckles as an assist unless he’s playable. Obviously though both Dark Samus and Shadow could still be assists left to be shown, but the alt color removal is weird, and Shadow is wayyy more popular than Knuckles pretty much everywhere; It’d make sense for Shadow to become playable as he is requested heavily while Knuckles (Who’s still very popular in his own right) takes his place as an assist.

I think Captain Toad is pretty likely as Nintendo really wants to push Toad as his own series and he does have a ton of support on him. I’d be surprised if Springman isn’t in the game as either DLC or base game. Ashley not being shown as an assist is interesting too as I know she’s hella popular in Japan. I think they pick and chose which assists and Pokemon to show as a way to deconfirm them. They really went out of their way to deconfirm Waluigi :(

Decidueye is another one who I think is likely but could also be confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon at a later date. Geno /might/ have a chance as that Square insider was vague on what was wrong about the Heroes vs Villains “leak” (Which we know is now fake, but I wonder if the Square insider was referring to Geno, Sora, both, or the entire list) and then deleted their account. Isaac is a really weird case because his Assist Trophy was gone last game, but it’s entirely possible Sakurai has given into fan demand concerning him.

All in all I really think Sakurai saying there wont be too many newcomers shouldn’t be taken too literal; Smash 4 had about 21-24 newcomers (Including DLC; I forgot the exact number of newcomers lol), I think Sakurai is saying we wont be getting that much, not that we’ll only be getting like 5. I think there’s a good chance we get about 10-13 of them, with a lot of them being Echo Characters with a decent amount being unique characters. Hell, it could be possible we get 10 whole Newcomers and a bunch of Echo Characters. Who knows. I wouldn’t say that’s 100% or even 50% likely, but it’s possible. Everything is pretty much vague right now as Echo Characters aren’t considered real characters, and I heavily doubt with this game being centered around fan service we’ll only get 5-7 newcomers. I could be wrong though. I just do expect more Echo Characters or at least a fair amount of them and I surprisingly don’t mind. I got Ridley, I got Wolf and Snake back, I’m more than likely getting K Rool, and Echo Characters do seem to have much more differences than they’ve had in the entire series.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Pretty certain K Rool and Dixie will be in. But I do have a feeling that Dixie might be an echo character or semi clone at best due to lack of development time. I’d be pleasantly surprised if she’s a completely unique character though. I’m pretty sure K Rool is actually really popular in Japan, and with Sakurai saying that the West’s constant persistence is what finally had him add Ridley to the game, I think it’d be hard for Sakurai to continue to ignore both the West and the East’s cries. Correct me if I’m wrong about K Rool’s popularity in Japan though.

Simon, I’m iffy on because while the Vergeben leak definitely seems correct, the thing about Verge is that even if his source does give him right information, he also gets some wrong. I’m 95% sure that Simon will be in due to the second source getting the no cuts thing correct and the fourth one getting Snake correct, but I’m still nervous.

I’m also certain that Shadow and Dark Samus will be echo characters. There’s blatantly no reason to remove Samus’ Dark Samus alt color unless she’s playable, ans there’s blatantly no reason to replace Shadow with Knuckles as an assist unless he’s playable. Obviously though both Dark Samus and Shadow could still be assists left to be shown, but the alt color removal is weird, and Shadow is wayyy more popular than Knuckles pretty much everywhere; It’d make sense for Shadow to become playable as he is requested heavily while Knuckles (Who’s still very popular in his own right) takes his place as an assist.

I think Captain Toad is pretty likely as Nintendo really wants to push Toad as his own series and he does have a ton of support on him. I’d be surprised if Springman isn’t in the game as either DLC or base game. Ashley not being shown as an assist is interesting too as I know she’s hella popular in Japan. I think they pick and chose which assists and Pokemon to show as a way to deconfirm them. They really went out of their way to deconfirm Waluigi :(

Decidueye is another one who I think is likely but could also be confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon at a later date. Geno /might/ have a chance as that Square insider was vague on what was wrong about the Heroes vs Villains “leak” (Which we know is now fake, but I wonder if the Square insider was referring to Geno, Sora, both, or the entire list) and then deleted their account. Isaac is a really weird case because his Assist Trophy was gone last game, but it’s entirely possible Sakurai has given into fan demand concerning him.

All in all I really think Sakurai saying there wont be too many newcomers shouldn’t be taken too literal; Smash 4 had about 21-24 newcomers (Including DLC; I forgot the exact number of newcomers lol), I think Sakurai is saying we wont be getting that much, not that we’ll only be getting like 5. I think there’s a good chance we get about 10-13 of them, with a lot of them being Echo Characters with a decent amount being unique characters. Hell, it could be possible we get 10 whole Newcomers and a bunch of Echo Characters. Who knows. I wouldn’t say that’s 100% or even 50% likely, but it’s possible. Everything is pretty much vague right now as Echo Characters aren’t considered real characters, and I heavily doubt with this game being centered around fan service we’ll only get 5-7 newcomers. I could be wrong though. I just do expect more Echo Characters or at least a fair amount of them and I surprisingly don’t mind. I got Ridley, I got Wolf and Snake back, I’m more than likely getting K Rool, and Echo Characters do seem to have much more differences than they’ve had in the entire series.
I agree with ~10 but I'm on the lower side, 7-10 is my guess. I don't want to understimate how much effort was put into porting over every missing vet and the certainly none-too-small amount of work put into each existing Sm4sh character in the transition over. Sure, there are some witrh nearly no changes but there's plenty with a suite of visual changes too and he made a big deal about the changes to facial animation.

I also agree with most of your talk on newcomers except that I persoanlly think Springman is still too new, ARMS is still an unknown as far as franchises go, and we didn't see more than a Mii Costume for Splatoon despite it's MASSIVE success.

ALSO very much agree about the pressence of more Echo Fighters since they've gone to the effort of actually officially presenting clones in a new official way.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I agree with ~10 but I'm on the lower side, 7-10 is my guess. I don't want to understimate how much effort was put into porting over every missing vet and the certainly none-too-small amount of work put into each existing Sm4sh character in the transition over. Sure, there are some witrh nearly no changes but there's plenty with a suite of visual changes too and he made a big deal about the changes to facial animation.

I also agree with most of your talk on newcomers except that I persoanlly think Springman is still too new, ARMS is still an unknown as far as franchises go, and we didn't see more than a Mii Costume for Splatoon despite it's MASSIVE success.

ALSO very much agree about the pressence of more Echo Fighters since they've gone to the effort of actually officially presenting clones in a new official way.
Honestly when I say 10-13 I had a bunch of Echo Characters in mind tbh. I really think that while we’ll have a decent amount of unique characters but also a lot of Echo Characters rounding it out to that much. There was definitely a huge amount of work including everyone but I honestly cannot imagine just getting just 2 more tbh. 7 is definitely the lowest I’d go but I’m banking on 10, 13 at the most. I don’t see a lot of throwaway Clones like people are thinking (i.e. Blood Falcon. It’d be cool but I personally doubt it. If anything I’d expect Mach Rider as Retro character and an Echo for Falcon) but definitely a fine amount of them.

I agree with Springman that its too early for him, but I’d imagine they would use Smash to advertise Arms tbh. I think the only reason Inklings weren’t DLC was because they were probably planning Smash Ultimate by then and they knew they needed a good newcomer like them.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Imo expect something similar to Melee in terms of newcomers. 6-10 newcomers and 4-6 echo characters.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Samus no longer has Dark Samus colors as her 8th color. It's now Black/Yellow instead of Black/Blue

And we haven't seen Dark Samus as an Assist Trophy yet.

thesandman713

Smash Rookie
Lol yeah, Fallout 76 and TES: VI are way less original than 5mash.
Yeah they are. Smash created the arena fighter genre. fallout and TES are just 2 other games in a saturated FPS survival genre. I'm not denying their quality, but they are strikingly similar to hundreds of other games. Smash was revolutionary at its inception and is still the only game series to do what it does at such a consistent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom