• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That is exactly what I wanted! Thanks Dalek!

I hope the best to you, and I hope you favorite charater actually has a chance in Smash (... Now that I'm thinking that.... which is your most wanted newcomer?)
My most-wanted is Ganon. My second most-wanted is a tossup between Ridley and King K Rool, and my third most-wanted is a tossup between Dark Matter and Porky.
linevil.png

How bad is it that K. Rool is the most likely one on my wishlist to actually make it in?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For me personally, the two main ones I am hoping for are Incineroar and Wolf. But I know one has a starter buddy that is more popular than him and the other would be the third spacie but I prefer Wolf over the other two style wise. Chances are slim but I can hope and pray for it hopefully.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
My most-wanted is Ganon. My second most-wanted is a tossup between Ridley and King K Rool, and my third most-wanted is a tossup between Dark Matter and Porky.
View attachment 146258
How bad is it that K. Rool is the most likely one on my wishlist to actually make it in?
You have some really good choices... And I don't think is bad, every person has their own "not so likely" wanted character, included myself.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
After seeing a couple of serious Goku requests on the Smash Bros subreddit I decided to treat myself and draw a non-video game character I'd like to see in a Smash game.
upload_2018-5-31_0-53-41.png

I wonder if Smash Flash is still open to putting in anime characters...

M_Patch

Smash Rookie
I believe it's been 12 years now since Snake's reveal... And for all 12 of those years, the one and only thing I have truly desired from the world of gaming is for my Bomberman to join the Smash.
Now is likely the perfect timing and opportunity, so missing this Smash in particular would be absolutely devastating. So many bomber bros and sisters are patiently waiting with their hopes on the line, and their pain is mine as well.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
You guys! I've just been reading about Shiren the Wanderer. He would be a pretty awesome samurai character!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Figured I may as well share this here too. Found it posted on reddit not long ago. Screams fake. But anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8nn7qa/lots_of_e3_information_and_leaks_here/
Ah, this again. Like I just said in the Ridley thread:

Grand Theft Auto 6 will be announced for all platforms, including PS3 and 360. A trailer, including gameplay, will be shown.
There is absolutely no way that's happening. Those consoles are completely dead.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

So Dark Meta Knight just got confirmed for Star Allies.

So my next drawing project is going to cover Captain Syrup and Medusa, and I'm interested in making full illustrations.
upload_2018-6-1_14-21-26.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
with credit to Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt for the inspiration, i did a few headshots of my own most wanted characters!
smashlist.png

only three for now, but i might do a few individual zelda characters and then some icing-on-the-cake sorta stuff.
how much smaller would i have to make this to use it as a signature?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So can you do Impa if you wanna make individual Zelda characters anyway? :D

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Impa's kinda my "better than nothing" pick as far as Zelda stuff goes tbh. but hey, my sister likes her so i'd be fine with it. if it happens i'd hope for the naginata she used in Warriors~

smashlist2.png

even though Midna's my first choice, i'm putting her off so i don't have to fight with that helmet. it's been 12 years and i've never been satisfied with a drawing of her...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Posted it in the Captain Toad thread and the Smash for Switch discussion already, but that always moves super fast, figured I'd post my animated moveset for Captain Toad here too. Took me two months of animation(probably a month if I worked solidly) but it's ready JUST in time for E3;

Please watch, enjoy, share and feel free to leave critiques. It won't affect this one, I'm unlikely to go back and edit due to the sheer amount of work involved, but it may be useful if I ever get another animated moveset done after E3!

Troykv

Smash Master
Posted it in the Captain Toad thread and the Smash for Switch discussion already, but that always moves super fast, figured I'd post my animated moveset for Captain Toad here too. Took me two months of animation(probably a month if I worked solidly) but it's ready JUST in time for E3;

Please watch, enjoy, share and feel free to leave critiques. It won't affect this one, I'm unlikely to go back and edit due to the sheer amount of work involved, but it may be useful if I ever get another animated moveset done after E3!
Good job! This animate idea show how you can do something very fun despite having to think very outside the box.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Ok then, my five most wanted characters right now are...

1.) Skull Kid
2.) Decidueye
3.) Phoenix Wright
4.) Waluigi
5.) Ridley

And since I saw earlier threads talking about third parties, I'd say there is still three major characters that could be added and fit right in with the rest of the cast

1.) Rayman
2.) Bomberman
3.) Crash

At least, this is what I would say

BeeLy1011

Smash Rookie
NNID
AngryGardenCraft
Switch FC
SW-2566-3544-4994
I really only want Shantae and Marx

And maybe Monika but that really depends on what direction Dan takes with the new game, so if it's another vn, then no

Don'tNessWithMe

Smash Rookie
Do you really think Goku is even in the discussion of really getting in, I would like too see him in the roster but also see why he shouldn't be. What do you think?

Spatman

Smash Ace

It's very very very very nice! I love it!!!

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
ngl that takedown mode sounds like it goes pretty hard. And that character list sounds pretty fun, too.

But yeah, fake as hell.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Damn, that vid made me a supporter lol.

RidleyIsTooBig

Smash Rookie
I know that the Custom Robo series is really obscure and not well known, but I really think that Ray MK II would make a great long range fighter with a unique moveset made up of the various guns, bombs, pods and charges from the games. It would also hopefully convince Nintendo to create a new game on the Switch. (Fingers Crossed)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Do you really think Goku is even in the discussion of really getting in, I would like too see him in the roster but also see why he shouldn't be. What do you think?
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If we get Goku, we're getting Garfield next. I am going to make sure of this.

Last edited:

David James

Smash Cadet
We should make our own bingo cards for smash and keep it throughout the event to see if we get a row or fill up the whole card. They said they would jeep some suprises in store for the game so who knows if that means they will manage to keep characters under wraps. Plus since this smash is starting early in the console's life cycle we should get a lot of dlc. Does anyone want to make bingo cards to see if our characters are revealed, and if so should we have 12, 20, or 25 chatacter spaces

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
We should make our own bingo cards for smash and keep it throughout the event to see if we get a row or fill up the whole card. They said they would jeep some suprises in store for the game so who knows if that means they will manage to keep characters under wraps. Plus since this smash is starting early in the console's life cycle we should get a lot of dlc. Does anyone want to make bingo cards to see if our characters are revealed, and if so should we have 12, 20, or 25 chatacter spaces
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-for-switch-roster-bingo-thread.453925/ We have this.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If we get Goku, we're getting Garfield next. I am going to make sure of this.
if goku gets in this game then the rules are meaningless and all bets are off. on the next ballot i'm writing in Edward Elric, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Man, Garnet, the Game Grumps, my fursona, all four Beatles, and an impossibly-shredded gladiator version of Bernie Sanders cause at that point who cares anymore

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I am done for now.
E3 ROSTER.png
I'm going to be focusing on Medusa until E3 passes, in which case I might take requests again. For now, all the requests I've gotten plus a few of my own choices.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Probably a bad idea, but any other requests?
- Alolan Meowth
- Crono from Chrono Trigger
- Mallo from Pushmo
- Meowth
- Muddy Mole from Mole Mania
- Spring Man from Arms
- Team Rocket (Meowth & Wobbuffet team) :052::202:
- Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury
- Track Meet from World Class Track Meet (please put the NES Power Pad behind his head to let people know that this is the NES Power Pad character)
- Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii (please make it a black cat, a brown dog, and a white rabbit)
1528515590357.png

Troykv

Smash Master
I am done for now.
I'm going to be focusing on Medusa until E3 passes, in which case I might take requests again. For now, all the requests I've gotten plus a few of my own choices.
They look so nice! <3

Good job Dalek!

BTW... Who did the Reimu request? I was expecting to see her xD I like how she looks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom