• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Regarding Veterans: I believe Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch will bring back ALL veterans from Super Smash Bros for Wii U including DLC. I believe it is most likely they will reuse most assets for a number of reasons.
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch likely started shortly after or during the completion of DLC additions. Which was only two years ago.
  • There is no gap between console graphical capabilities this time.
  • There are little to no updates to apply to character designs/models with the exception of Zelda characters, Star Fox characters, and Animal Crossing characters. Possibly Metroid.
  • The 3DS has not been discontinued yet and as a result is still selling and promoting Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS which would cause consumers to be conflicted between different versions of Super Smash Bros that has the characters they like if some were absent from Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch.
I also believe there's a strong possibility that, because most veterans will not have to be made from scratch, there will be time to bring back previously cut veterans, alongside a decent chunk of newcomers. This seems like a logical course of action following the return of Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas. However, if such is the case that post game DLC is planned, these characters may be reserved for that.

Regarding Newcomers: I believe there will be time for more newcomers than were included last time because Nintendo/HAL is not working on two versions of the same game and the game, or at the very least its veterans, are likely not being made from scratch. So I'm going with 18 Newcomers, like in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I don't really want her, but Daisy could work as a general representative for the Mario Sports series. Give her moves based on golf, tennis and soccer.
If they wanted to represent the sports games, Waluigi, a character who was literally invented for the sake of being in those games would probably make more sense. Plus he's significantly more popular than her lets be real

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I WANTED to draw focusing on Fire Emblem/Kid Icarus today.
upload_2018-5-26_19-22-42.png

Not sure how this happened.

Currently have Hector, Lyn and Ephraim in my queue, with Drs. Eggman and Wily, Lloyd and Joker in my 3rd party queue. Probably a bad idea, but any other requests?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 145923

Currently have Hector, Lyn and Ephraim in my queue, with Drs. Eggman and Wily, Lloyd and Joker in my 3rd party queue. Probably a bad idea, but any other requests?
Chrom and Henry Fleming would be neat.

Celica looks great, by the way!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Could you do Elma, Fiora and Impa? Pretty please?
Instructions unclear, drew Metal Face.

Also just to clarify, are we talking ninja Impa, or old lady Impa? What version do you want? (Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, Breath of the Wild)
Nintendo what the hell is Impa supposed to look like

Troykv

Smash Master
View attachment 145923

Would you do Micaiah from Fire Emblem? She is my favorite character and most wanted newcomer <3

I would also suggest Adeleine from Kirby if you also want something less anime-like.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Also just to clarify, are we talking ninja Impa, or old lady Impa? What version do you want? (Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, Breath of the Wild)
Uh, Hyrule Warriors I guess? @ nintendo just put young impa in another game so we can have a consistent design damn

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Looks like it.

The only condition I have is that it should be a character not yet in Smash. (Wario and Ganondorf are there because I'm in the moveset reformation camp)
yowza, that's dedication. you do some really good work, man.

would you be open to krystal, amaterasu, and linkle? no pressure. if you'd rather only one per person i'll trim it down to krystal

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Looks like it.

The only condition I have is that it should be a character not yet in Smash. (Wario and Ganondorf are there because I'm in the moveset reformation camp)
Well, if my signature is any indication, I'd like to see Brian from Quest 64. Maybe at some point some other related characters to the series, but that's not important right now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Hyrule Warriors version is a fusion between the two active battler Impa's, so she'd encompass the fighting side best.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
View attachment 145923

I have a couple, not that I'd expect half of them done since they're pretty minor and just my personal favourites but:

Master Chief (I mean you've already got Kratos let's get the big 3 platform reps together)

The megaman X trio: X, Zero and Axl

Toy-con Robot

And for ****s and giggles: Blitzcrank from LoL (he'd stick out like a sore thumb on that list though lmao)

Doing any of them would be kickass though

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That article says absolutely nothing. It’s speculation, and not good speculation. It states all the reasons indie games have going against being in Smash and then concludes ‘hey maybe indies why not’.

Wouldo

Smash Rookie
If Ridley becomes a fighter, I have a feeling other Smash Bros NPCs and cameo characters will become playable too.

I have this hypothesis because a number of currently playable characters started off as NPCs and cameos in Smash. Examples include:

King Dedede - (64/Melee) Dream Land stage background
Charizard - (64/Melee) Poké Ball Pokémon
Wolf - (Melee) opening sequence
Palutena - (Brawl) Pit’s final smash and SSE
Villager - (Brawl) Smashville stage background

Some NPCs I think have a good chance of becoming playable are:

Ridley - (64) Planet Zebes stage background, (Melee) opening sequence, (Brawl) SSE boss, (Wii U) Pyrosphere stage boss

Whispy Woods - (64/Melee/3DS/Wii U) Dream Land stage background, (Melee/Brawl) Green Greens stage background

Porky - (Melee, indirect) Fourside stage background, (Brawl) SSE boss

Krystal - (Brawl/Wii U) Star Fox character taunts on Lylat Cruise stage

Viridi - (3DS) Reset Bomb Forest stage background, (Wii U) Pit taunt on Palutena’s Temple stage

The recurrence of these characters indicates the individual importance to their home franchises as well as their significance to the Super Smash Bros series. Smash players who don’t play many Nintendo games outside of Smash Bros would still be familiar with these characters because of their roles thus far.

Wouldo

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Looks like it.

Not sure if this is something you are actively working on anymore, but if you are I would love to see any of Captain Syrup, Ashley, Goemon, and/or Mallo. But mostly Captain Syrup. lol

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Here's a suggestion. Pokemon Switch has Eevee as a starter, so add him in the game!

Also, give me Slippy Toad (from Star Fox) or give me death.

Tom Nook is way too deserving. Screw Isabelle, she appears in one game while Tom Nook appears in them all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a suggestion. Pokemon Switch has Eevee as a starter, so add him in the game!

Also, give me Slippy Toad (from Star Fox) or give me death.

Tom Nook is way too deserving. Screw Isabelle, she appears in one game while Tom Nook appears in them all.
You're seriously underselling Isabelle. She was the face of New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, Pocket Camp, and amiibo Festival. She got into Mario Kart. She's the face of the official Animal Crossing Twitter account.

She quickly became the face of the franchise, surpassing even the Villagers themselves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You're seriously underselling Isabelle. She was the face of New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, Pocket Camp, and amiibo Festival. She got into Mario Kart. She's the face of the official Animal Crossing Twitter account.

She quickly became the face of the franchise, surpassing even the Villagers themselves.
Is Pocket Camp out yet? That said, that's 4 Animal Crossing games before Smash Switch. That's a pretty big appearance rate already. And it's only going to grow larger.

Not that Tom Nook and Resetti wouldn't be cool head icons too, of course~

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously now starting to consider how much of a chance Isabelle really has.
Regardless of who you prefer, (I like Tom Nook better still) Animal Crossing is more underrepped than Metroid and Donkey Kong. Sales are up there with Metroid and outsells Star Fox, and it only has one character.

EDIT: Why are characters like Advance Wars and ****ing Chibi Robo (all his games are flops and his series is dead) considered All Stars over characters a casual would recognize like Impa and Paper Mario?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Adding more ac characters would be making up lame movesets. Fifty appearances doesn't matter if they don't have good moveset potential.

And you complain about Advance Wars support when you want Slippy Toad? Star Fox is ****ed as a series. It's not popular enough for another character past Wolf, and that's pushing it, especially seeing as they're all semiclones.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Adding more ac characters would be making up lame movesets. Fifty appearances doesn't matter if they don't have good moveset potential.

And you complain about Advance Wars support when you want Slippy Toad? Star Fox is ****ed as a series. It's not popular enough for another character past Wolf, and that's pushing it, especially seeing as they're all semiclones.
Isabelle can feasibly pull off a terraforming moveset due to her association with the Public Works Projects and Town Ordinances. A character that fights by physically altering the stage around them is a concept full of untapped potential, and fits Isabelle and Animal Crossing to a tee.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman

And you complain about Advance Wars support when you want Slippy Toad? Star Fox is ****ed as a series. It's not popular enough for another character past Wolf, and that's pushing it, seeing as they're all semiclones.
While Isabelle does not have much to work with (a clumsy mechanic?), Tom Nook is a money grubbing furniture seller, so he could use that. Placing furniture that is used to wall out opponents, throwing you in debt that does you damage over the course of the battle the more you let your interest pile up. Maybe you have to destroy a certain object Tom Nook can defend to get out of debt.

Aw... You're right, that bums me out.

Wouldo

Smash Rookie
Don’t forget K.K. Slider!! For me, it’s between him and Isabelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom