• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, Smash fandom keeps talking down to characters they don't like for being niche while also supporting niche characters so I get why Terry fans are annoyed.
also this:

“This character sucks and I don’t like them, so I’m gonna use my opinions about them as somehow facts against them to put you down and get you and other fans to shut up and watch my plan backfire, ignoring the fact that this character fit my made-up quota before I said I don’t like them.”

as well as:

“Ha, your character did badly in a poll that isn’t representative of the entire fanbase; I don’t care if they have done amazingly elsewhere, this is proof they suck! lol xD”

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I never said that Terry wasn't iconic in places like Latin America, or that he had to be ultra popular worlwide. I'm just pointing out how weird it is when people get flustered by stuff like "Hat Ken" despite the fact that Terry isn't ultra powerful even though some people make seem comparable to Mario in-terms of recognizability.
Again, it's a matter of respect.

You can respectfully discuss the popularity of a character and their series, or you can act like a child and call them derogatory names.

Unfortunately many people here and on the internet at large are prone to do the latter.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I know who Reimu is but I don’t exactly know what Touhou is, can someone fill me in on why it’s so popular? I’m curious.
Attempting to be a succinct as possible: Touhou is a series of doujin (indie) games made by Jun'ya "ZUN" Ota that mainly consist of bullet hell shooters, though under the banner of official "cannon" media there are fighting games plus a magazine and half-dozen manga. The setting is the land of Gensokyo, a section of Japan sealed from the outside world sometime in the 1800's where youkai, fairies, and gods can thrive unimpeded by modernity. Typically, the games focus on the player character (Reimu, Marisa, or someone else) setting out to resolve some incident that threatens the stability of Gensokyo and defeating the people they meet along the way with attacks meant more to dazzle than destroy. The games are known for their nail-biting gameplay, colorful cast of hundreds, and exhilarating music. The games started in 1996 on the ill fated PC98, but after making the jump to windows with the 6th game the series began to increase drastically in popularity.

Touhou experienced a major popularity boom from the early-mid 00's thru the early 10's, though it maintains decent popularity to this day; note that statements about popularity are increased within Japan and decreased elsewhere in the world, but there is substantial cult followings worldwide, particularly in China and SE Asia. What really made Touhou popular was ZUN's lax policy towards derivative works, as long as you didn't crowd source funds and gave ZUN credit for the original work you could make whatever you wanted. This lead to a massive influx of remixes (sold on CDs), fan games, and fan manga, ensuring Touhou dominated ComiKet (Japan's Comicon) for a decade; it got so bad Touhou was forced to make its own convention, Reitaisai, which maintains comparable attendance, and even still to this day Touhou is consistently in the top 3-5 series represented at ComiKet. The Touhou boom ensured that its memes dominated early Niconico and YouTube, and Reimu and Marisa were even mascots of 2chan for a time. Perhaps surprisingly, this means a large amount of Touhou fans haven't played the mainline games; however, this can partially be attributed to the limited (legal) access to the games at the time, particularly outside of Japan. Now the most recent games are on Steam, so that's less of an issue.

The decline of Touhou coincided with the rise of new series competing for the same audience; mainly KanColle and Granblue which (if I may be slightly inflamatory) attempted to astroturf their way into Touhou's success. In short, Touhou fell of from a changing landscape of games and a growing market of consumers. Still, new Touhou games, both official and fanmade, manga, art, and remixes are made to this day, in quantities that put AAA games to shame.

Touhou's, and thus Reimu's, divisiveness and perceived obscurity in the Smash community can be explained by several factors. Smash tends to be a melting pot of game communities, so it's understandable that people may not be familiar with each other's interests. As well, until the Switch Touhou has seen limited exposure on Nintendo platforms, most notably a cameo by Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya on the 3ds Taiko Drum Master, so many Nintendo fans could only be familiar thru outside means, though it can be inferred many Touhou fans like Nintendo as well (everyone that posts here, the various fangames lovingly "borrowing" from NES and SNES titles, etc.). Many Touhou fans also tend to stay within the Touhou bubble, some going so far to decry more mainstream Touhou exposure as "ruining the fandom," whatever that means to them. But most simply, because up until Cloud, Joker, even the Sans mii costume it seemed flat out IMPOSSIBLE that Sakurai or Nintendo would ever select Touhou, the ultimate underdog juggernaut, the most popular obscurity, the epitome of the doujin spirit, the internet's best kept secret, something only tangentially connected to themselves, to be represented in smash. I was an early adopter, voting for Touhou in the smash ballot, and there was disparate support here and there, some blog posts, a dream smasher write up on Source Gaming but not much; the difference now is there is tangible, credible hope, and that's why people are speaking out.

Sorry for the text wall, I know I said I'd keep this short but I think that's physically impossible for me. If you wanted to learn even more for whatever reason, I'd suggest the Touhou wiki.

View attachment 241108

I beat the **** out of my friends with this girl in Smash Infinite, so I want to beat the **** out of them with her in Smash Ultimate.

You sir have excellent taste in protagonists, Master Spark for life!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I have another suggestion for a character that influenced gaming that no one talks about, the Atelier series. It pretty much invented the item crafting system used in so many RPGs and even non-RPGs. Question is though is which protagonist would they use. Probably one of the five original heroines, Rorona(who's game pretty much revitalized the franchise) or one of the newer heroines like Joker and Eleven.
I've never heard that Atelier actually popularized the crafting system. If that is true, that's 1 hell of an accomplishment. I don't really expect the Atelier series to be in Smash before Ninja Gaiden or Dynasty Warriors since the series isn't as big as those 2, but I do think it's not impossible for Gust to get a character in Smash at some point.

As far as a protagonist goes, I'm not so sure if they could pull another Hero situation with any of the Atelier girls even though they all wield staffs. However, I think Sakurai might choose Ryza since she's new and also very popular even before the game was released, and Atelier Ryza is also the start of a new sub-series for the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Honestly in terms of RPGs all that's really left as far as I know is Tales of and Ys.

I don't even think I'm really missing anything (not counting Western RPGs).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Poor Shin Megami Tensei has all but been forgotten thanks to Joker's inclusion...
I guess some might argue that both Persona and SMT are sub-series of Megami Tensei.

Still, it'd cool to have a character that actually summons demons or is one. Not that they're likely at all.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I feel like one of the few people here who knew Reimu before Smash speculation

I played Touhou a TON in middle school
Yeah same here.

I think lots of people would love the series if they tried it tbh. The real problem is that the games are very inaccessible until ZUN decides to release more on Steam. The few mainline touhou games that are on Steam are well received at least

I certainly don’t expect the smash fanbase to gush over some character they’ve never heard of, i just hope Reimu gets in because i think people are missing out on an awesome game

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I guess some might argue that both Persona and SMT are sub-series of Megami Tensei.

Still, it'd cool to have a character that actually summons demons or is one. Not that they're likely at all.
Yeah, I don't really expect Shin Megami Tensei unless SMT V comes out and just absolutely blows people away... but that would actually require SMT V to release before Smash ends DLC for Ultimate... and uh... there's like a real solid chance that doesn't happen haha.

Still, I'm totally on board with Shin Megami Tensei getting its own rep since it and Persona are just such different games. Much like Nakoruru, it'd be nice to go deeper and get the other big series that newer companies to Smash are associated with. Shin Megami Tensei made Atlus for all intensive purposes after all haha.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok so I know who Reimu is but I don’t exactly know what Touhou is, can someone fill me in on why it’s so popular? I’m curious.
Here's a very basic rundown

- Magical Girls
- Bullet Hell (Fly around shooting stuff and avoiding getting shot yourself)
- Made by a single dude called ZUN
- Large amount of songs that are also made by the same dude developing the game
- ENORMOUS AMOUNT FAN-CREATED CONTENT, some of which officially recognized as part of Touhou canon.
(No seriously, the community for this franchise is ASTOUNDING in the amount of fan-content created based off of it.
Literally, it has gotten so big, that there are cons and markets that revolve solely around Touhou and Touhou related content.)

- VERY Japanese, mainline games have not been officially translated, however, there is certainly a noticeably active Touhou fandom in the West.
- Has been longer running than your parent's marriage
- Indie before "indie" was even a thing

- Inspired the dodging parts of Undertale/Deltarune

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So I have another suggestion for a character that influenced gaming that no one talks about, the Atelier series. It pretty much invented the item crafting system used in so many RPGs and even non-RPGs. Question is though is which protagonist would they use. Probably one of the five original heroines, Rorona(who's game pretty much revitalized the franchise) or one of the newer heroines like Joker and Eleven.
I don't think that Atelier i the one that popularized having crafting stuff in rpgs... if anything, i think that more rpgs with crafting system should take some notes from teh atelier series, since not too many ae infunetiated by it. (Instead of making crafting a chore, actually making getting teh ingredients fun and making teh process of crafting a fun game on itself).

And yeah... i really don't see atelier being featured in smash unless the series is under teh radar of sakurai.

That being said, while one of my favorite alchemists is Totori character wise, is not the kinda of character i feel confortable showing to other people :c... My favorite usually by far are the designs that stray the most from the magical girl influence...

I also think that one moveset could potentially work for a ton of alchemists, since most of them would have a staff, a generic magic atack, and different bombs, foods and elixirs. but i don't think that it could work as costumes like hero since they all have defined personalities instead of being silent protagonists. that being said, i think that a simon/richter scenario could work, with teh exact same moveset, but different animations for taunts and victories.

If thats teh case, Marie and Rytza could work pretty good together, designwise though my favorites are shalotte, shallistera and Escha as an overall favourite.
Rorona is also the one that would work teh best if the choose an arland one.

Rodrigue should be our Three Houses character.
with horse and all?

D

Deleted member

Honestly in terms of RPGs all that's really left as far as I know is Tales of and Ys.

I don't even think I'm really missing anything (not counting Western RPGs).
As active long running RPGs, yes along with SMT if you count it separate from Persona. Maybe only other ones would be Star Ocean or the Mana series but those don't seem as popular as other series.

You might add Chrono series as inactive, Phantasy Star as classic Sega but that got replaced pretty much by PSO, Suikoden as II its one of the most recognized RPGs.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
When it comes to making fun of DLC (like calling Terry "Trucker Ken"), I think it's fun to do so, as long as you aren't trashing the character.
Like don't get me wrong, I'm all cool with Terry, but it's fun to find stupid names for everyone. So even if I'm not a huge supporter of a fighter I won't let it get in my way of enjoying Smash. I'm not a huge fan of Terry, so I'll probably call him Trucker Ken. That doesn't mean he isn't deserving of a spot, he's just not who I would pick personally.

A lot of people s**t on DLC just because it's not their choice. It could be an amazing character that drops with a great stage and excellent music, but because the fighter is someone stupid, everyone says "WHAT THE F**K WHERE IS GENO/SORA/FAVORITE PICK!?".

w e a r e b e a s t s , w e w i l l n e v e r b e p l e a s e d .

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
As active long running RPGs, yes along with SMT if you count it separate from Persona. Maybe only other ones would be Star Ocean or the Mana series but those don't seem as popular as other series.

You might add Chrono series as inactive, Phantasy Star as classic Sega but that got replaced pretty much by PSO, Suikoden as II its one of the most recognized RPGs.
Star Ocean has mostly remained relatively obscure.
Mana peaked during the SNES era, then declined. Good news is that Square Enix seems to be trying to revive it right now. I loved and have memories of when I played those snes games with my sis, so I'm overjoyed for the remake and pre-ordered it. Please help me support its revival, also support Riesz for Smash? Pretty please?

More recently, you have Dark Souls who aren't J-RPGs but they're RPGs nonethless. The Elder Scrolls obviously for western RPGs. You have Dragon Age too or Divinity. The Fallout games as well. If you want to go older Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Or even older, Ultima. That's going really old though.
For J-RPGs you have Tales of, but there's also Neptunia that gained popularity through its whacky 4th wall breaking humour (and its waifus).

And that's not mentioning the T-RPGs like Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, XCOM, ... There's no shortage of good RPGs.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My unrelated question of the day: Who are your wild card picks for speculation? Characters that you aren't really sure of one way or another, are often not taken super seriously by the community for a variety of reasons, and aren't the immediately obvious pick.

I think Reimu is that for me just because of the whole Indie factor and Touhou sort of being its own thing outside of Japan. I can never place my predictions on her, so she's probably my single biggest wild card right now that Sakurai could play at any time haha.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
My unrelated question of the day: Who are your wild card picks for speculation? Characters that you aren't really sure of one way or another, are often not taken super seriously by the community for a variety of reasons, and aren't the immediately obvious pick.

I think Reimu is that for me just because of the whole Indie factor and Touhou sort of being its own thing outside of Japan. I can never place my predictions on her, so she's probably my single biggest wild card right now that Sakurai could play at any time haha.
look I wouldn’t keep on mentioning Sackboy if you guys didn’t make it so easy for me.. :4pacman:

Troykv

Smash Master

I think the same, Reimu is the kind of character that one can't expect, but she fits enough criteria to don't be take as a joke

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know what else has "RPG elements"?

TWO OF EM
dante double kalina ann.jpg

technically, it's not actually an RPG, but still.

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

Riesz for me, hands down. Sank so many hundreds of hours into her game with my sister. Streets of Rage 2 and 3 are the only other games where we've sunk that many hours. No other game comes even close, not even the Sonic games on MegaDrive.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Ezio Auditore from the Assassin's Creed series. Simply put, when it comes to Ubisoft, Rayman is the default choice as the first Ubisoft rep. I rarely see anyone suggest someone else from Ubisoft. The only way I could see this fandom humor the idea of Assassin's Creed x Smash is if Rayman is actually added first.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Cooking Mama. I know she gets mentioned every now and then, but nobody really considers her because of the IP being owned by Square Enix (and now Square Enix has 2 reps).

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
A little late, but I don't think Kiryu has very much fan demand anywhere, which is why I don't think he has the edge on Arle. Comparing their rankings on polls (Kiryu rarely, if ever ranks), comparing their Smashboards thread lengths, and even looking at stray Twitter requests, he's lagging behind pretty bad. Yakuza IS getting promoted pretty heavily, though, and while I've never met a person outside the Smash fandom who'd ask for Arle, I've also never seen the same of Kiryu. So I dunno how much it is "Arle beats Kiryu for fan demand, even in the west" and how much is "fan demand in the Smash fandom only".

You might have Joker as an argument, but Persona 5 curb stomped the **** out of series records and became Atlus' personal piggy bank. Joker also, I believe, had ranked and beaten them in want a bunch. Just not in chance. We also don't know if Sakurai cares much for either of these, or what their directors would think.

Shadow has both of them on-speed dial, but that's mostly on an Echo Fighter (we also have no idea if Assists will be promoted). Tails is a DLC Mii Costume, I doubt they'd sell those twice. Knuckles is both. That leaves Dr. Eggman as the leading Sonic character to fight against them. He's not a boss, an Assist, or a Mii Costume. Unless we get another SEGA character (assuming Akira and Jacky come back with Terry), the ship on SEGA Mii Costumes has sailed. Him being a Spirit only matters for the immediate next character spot.

Between these three (Arle, Kiryu, Eggman) who sounds like the likeliest?
Maybe it's just because of the kinds of people I follow on social media, but I actually hear Kiryu's name thrown around quite a bit when people bring up characters they think would be cool in Smash. I don't hear Arle suggested very much if at all outside of this site, but I'll see some variation of "hey, wouldn't it be cool if Kiryu were in Smash?" at least once a month on Twitter or Tumblr. I'd say most of that has to do with this site primarily favoring Nintendo while a lot of the people I follow are equally into Playstation and Nintendo. Demand for Kiryu might not be as big as certain other characters, but it's there.

As far as your Joker point is concerned, his demand was actually fairly niche up until larger Smash YouTubers started being vocal about wanting him in. That didn't even happen until after Ultimate's official E3 reveal, so it's not like that demand was much of a factor in getting him in. There's also Terry, a dark horse character who didn't even have the luxury of having popular content creators campaigning for him, but still made it in regardless. I know Sakurai bias could be argued for both of those, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's something of a Yakuza fan given his broad taste in games (on that topic, has Sakurai ever mentioned the series before? He brings up so many games in his columns that I wouldn't be shocked if he mentioned it in passing or something).

Honestly I get why Kiryu isn't brought up as often, his series only recently became popular outside of Japan and is primarily exclusive to Playstation, but I don't think that's any reason to completely write him off. I feel like if Sega started porting Yakuza games to Switch, we'd start to see a sizable increase in demand for Kiryu like we did for Crash and Doomguy. I mean Sega just started porting the series to PC last year, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Switch ports happened eventually to expand the series' demographics even more (most of them have PS3 versions anyway, so it's not like they can't run on Switch). Still, while I wouldn't call him a lock or anything, his chances aren't too bad all things considered.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

All the love for mentioning Suikoden! Ugh yes... It's never gonna happen though. =(

D

Deleted member

Probably Chosen Undead/Solaire from Dark Souls, Kazuma from Yakuza and maybe Sephiroth or a second FF character.

KatKit

Smash Lord
You know what else has "RPG elements"?

TWO OF EM
View attachment 241131
technically, it's not actually an RPG, but still.
I was going to post Bayonetta holding 4 rocket launchers, but she's already in the game.

But even if she's in, I'd still love to see her and Dante ham up the place together. That'll always be a fun match-up to watch, much like the Shotos vs. Terry.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think the most likely in-house Sega rep (as in, Bayonetta and Joker don't count due to being made by PlatinumGames and Atlus respectively) these days is Kiryu from Yakuza, because that series has been around for a while but has exploded in popularity in recent years due to the fact that, for once, a Yakuza game was released at a reasonable time within a console's lifespan (Yakuza 0), rather than very late within it when people were getting ready to move onto the next console.

I see Yakuza content on my social media feeds every other day, and back when Yakuza 0 hit the scene, it was pretty much daily. Now due to Yakuza 0's success, you see people celebrating and having fun with the Yakuza Kiwami remakes and the later games in the series. Kiryu and Majima have found new success and admiration as a result, to the point that I saw a lot of people on my social media feed complaining that the new Tekken guest character was the Walking Dead guy, with tons of people voicing that they would rather have had Kiryu.

If Sakurai wants an older Sega character, I'm not sure who he would choose, but my pipe dream is Alis Landale because of how good I think Phantasy Star is, even if PSO has eclipsed the older games' popularity.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Attempting to be a succinct as possible: Touhou is a series of doujin (indie) games made by Jun'ya "ZUN" Ota that mainly consist of bullet hell shooters, though under the banner of official "cannon" media there are fighting games plus a magazine and half-dozen manga. The setting is the land of Gensokyo, a section of Japan sealed from the outside world sometime in the 1800's where youkai, fairies, and gods can thrive unimpeded by modernity. Typically, the games focus on the player character (Reimu, Marisa, or someone else) setting out to resolve some incident that threatens the stability of Gensokyo and defeating the people they meet along the way with attacks meant more to dazzle than destroy. The games are known for their nail-biting gameplay, colorful cast of hundreds, and exhilarating music. The games started in 1996 on the ill fated PC98, but after making the jump to windows with the 6th game the series began to increase drastically in popularity.

Touhou experienced a major popularity boom from the early-mid 00's thru the early 10's, though it maintains decent popularity to this day; note that statements about popularity are increased within Japan and decreased elsewhere in the world, but there is substantial cult followings worldwide, particularly in China and SE Asia. What really made Touhou popular was ZUN's lax policy towards derivative works, as long as you didn't crowd source funds and gave ZUN credit for the original work you could make whatever you wanted. This lead to a massive influx of remixes (sold on CDs), fan games, and fan manga, ensuring Touhou dominated ComiKet (Japan's Comicon) for a decade; it got so bad Touhou was forced to make its own convention, Reitaisai, which maintains comparable attendance, and even still to this day Touhou is consistently in the top 3-5 series represented at ComiKet. The Touhou boom ensured that its memes dominated early Niconico and YouTube, and Reimu and Marisa were even mascots of 2chan for a time. Perhaps surprisingly, this means a large amount of Touhou fans haven't played the mainline games; however, this can partially be attributed to the limited (legal) access to the games at the time, particularly outside of Japan. Now the most recent games are on Steam, so that's less of an issue.

The decline of Touhou coincided with the rise of new series competing for the same audience; mainly KanColle and Granblue which (if I may be slightly inflamatory) attempted to astroturf their way into Touhou's success. In short, Touhou fell of from a changing landscape of games and a growing market of consumers. Still, new Touhou games, both official and fanmade, manga, art, and remixes are made to this day, in quantities that put AAA games to shame.

Touhou's, and thus Reimu's, divisiveness and perceived obscurity in the Smash community can be explained by several factors. Smash tends to be a melting pot of game communities, so it's understandable that people may not be familiar with each other's interests. As well, until the Switch Touhou has seen limited exposure on Nintendo platforms, most notably a cameo by Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya on the 3ds Taiko Drum Master, so many Nintendo fans could only be familiar thru outside means, though it can be inferred many Touhou fans like Nintendo as well (everyone that posts here, the various fangames lovingly "borrowing" from NES and SNES titles, etc.). Many Touhou fans also tend to stay within the Touhou bubble, some going so far to decry more mainstream Touhou exposure as "ruining the fandom," whatever that means to them. But most simply, because up until Cloud, Joker, even the Sans mii costume it seemed flat out IMPOSSIBLE that Sakurai or Nintendo would ever select Touhou, the ultimate underdog juggernaut, the most popular obscurity, the epitome of the doujin spirit, the internet's best kept secret, something only tangentially connected to themselves, to be represented in smash. I was an early adopter, voting for Touhou in the smash ballot, and there was disparate support here and there, some blog posts, a dream smasher write up on Source Gaming but not much; the difference now is there is tangible, credible hope, and that's why people are speaking out.
Thanks for this, I've picked up a lot of this stuff in trying to get my head around Touhou and its popularity in regards to Smash. But it's nice seeing it put so succinctly.

I do find it fascinating that a lot of stuff you say here is stuff I think are absolute deal breakers in regards to Smash, but clearly you don't think it is.

Just one of those quirks of speculation I guess.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I think the most likely in-house Sega rep (as in, Bayonetta and Joker don't count due to being made by PlatinumGames and Atlus respectively) these days is Kiryu from Yakuza, because that series has been around for a while but has exploded in popularity in recent years due to the fact that, for once, a Yakuza game was released at a reasonable time within a console's lifespan (Yakuza 0), rather than very late within it when people were getting ready to move onto the next console.

I see Yakuza content on my social media feeds every other day, and back when Yakuza 0 hit the scene, it was pretty much daily. Now due to Yakuza 0's success, you see people celebrating and having fun with the Yakuza Kiwami remakes and the later games in the series. Kiryu and Majima have found new success and admiration as a result, to the point that I saw a lot of people on my social media feed complaining that the new Tekken guest character was the Walking Dead guy, with tons of people voicing that they would rather have had Kiryu.

If Sakurai wants an older Sega character, I'm not sure who he would choose, but my pipe dream is Alis Landale because of how good I think Phantasy Star is, even if PSO has eclipsed the older games' popularity.
My older pipe dream Sega character picks for Smash would be either Opa-Opa, Space Harrier, Kid Chameleon, Larcen Tyler, or anybody from Alien Storm or Alien Syndrome.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Speaking of sega characters, can I just say that after Brawlfan1s video on them, NiGHTS doesn’t sound fun for smash, they sound extremely broken and more annoying then the Belmont’s with aerial Smash attacks and 7 jumps and gliding and whatnot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of sega characters, can I just say that after Brawlfan1s video on them, NiGHTS doesn’t sound fun for smash, they sound extremely broken and more annoying then the Belmont’s with aerial Smash attacks and 7 jumps and gliding and whatnot.
Well take it with a grain of salt, those are just "ideas" not "how they would actually fight" within the game.

Some characters like Simon are about as faithful as you could ever possibly get, other characters are Pac-Man who summons other arcade related things, you can never really tell how someone's going to get translated into Smash.

im gonna be sad because no one talks about warrior of light

classic FF and dissidia content in one :4pacman:
I would've loved WoL over Cloud, but I'm in the vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast minority when it comes to that.

Also woulda prefered Butz, but Butz's butt was butted out.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Nobody rallied behind me when I cried out for Billy Hatcher. In all honesty, I'd take Earthworm Jim. Probably another cereal box character to some people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom